Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > MARKETPLACE > Deals, Sales and Coupons
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Deals, Sales and Coupons Found a good deal or sale? Got a coupon or code? Share them here!

Old 04-16-2012, 8:32 PM

Any additional reports of squibs or bad ammo? As I read through this thread, there are only two complaints in eight pages, which isn't bad, but does raise a nagging concern in my the back of my mind.

I just placed an order for 9mm two days ago and then I found a SoCal group ammo buy by markdoddridge from Bullet_man911 in Glendale. It's not cheaper to buy, but I've not been able to find one complaint about Serge's ammo.

Debating whether I should request a refund and get in on the group buy or stick it out with Jack Ross and hope nothing catastrophic happens to while I'm shooting. Any more stories, good or bad, to add to the sample size?
Old 04-17-2012, 8:32 PM

Picture's below:

First time in XD

Sig 226

Second time in XD

The owner Chris replied to my email first thing Monday morning and said someone would contact me shortly. A few hours later received a message on my phone. I called back. I received an apology and was asked to ship the balance of unused ammo back, Fed-Ex labels supplied by email on their account. (I shipped the ammo back yesterday.)

They did admit there was a problem in manufacturing that has been corrected. I was given a choice for a full refund or the option to replace the order. Based on the response to the other issue posted by pc_load_letter and how they are handling my issue they are standing behind their product. I chose to replace the order and it is expected to ship tomorrow. As I mentioned in my original post I have burned through hundreds of rounds with no issue and I am willing to give them a second chance to see how the replacements perform. Having been in manufacturing environments for years I understand issues can get out no matter the controls. If you search the internet you can find similar sporadic issues with many manufactures some of which are big names.

I am eager to try the replacement rounds and will update my experience...
Old 04-17-2012, 8:39 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor

Thanks for the follow up. I was order #589 and received my shipment yesterday. I am a bit scared to use this ammo, and will follow up with them as our orders are close.
Old 04-17-2012, 9:00 PM

Yikes!
Old 04-17-2012, 9:45 PM

Damn, I'm order #997, I have a long way to go considering order #589 was just recently shipped out. Debating whether I should order another case of 1,000 of 9mm.
Old 04-17-2012, 11:01 PM

Chris is a good guy. He responded quickly every time I contacted him. And his ammo works fine for me. He is now my new ammo supplier.
Old 04-18-2012, 7:15 AM

Order #976, hopefully I get my order before I can't use them. HAHA If the current prices stay the same I'll probably keep a steady monthly order going.
Old 04-18-2012, 12:29 PM
Calguns Addict

68 days later my order shipped. This will be my last until they can get a better estimate of shipping time. Something about charging me 68 days ago just doesnt seem right.
Old 04-19-2012, 1:14 AM

Does this guy make any cheap .223 I need lots of 9mm and .223 brass cased and cheap.
Old 04-19-2012, 1:54 PM

Default Order #?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadon View Post
68 days later my order shipped. This will be my last until they can get a better estimate of shipping time. Something about charging me 68 days ago just doesnt seem right.
Deadon, do you mind if I ask what order number you were? Curious where they're at in their orders. I'm up in the 1400 range and wanted to go to the range next week. Wanted to know if I need to order a few hundred rounds elsewhere just to hold me over.
Old 04-19-2012, 2:25 PM
Calguns Addict

It was 586
Old 04-19-2012, 2:25 PM
Calguns Addict

It was 586
Old 04-19-2012, 2:41 PM

Fwiw - I'm in the 800 and I have not received any shipment notification yet.
Old 04-19-2012, 2:45 PM
Veteran Member

I ended up cancelling my order from them. For $15 more, I can pick it up locally from the ammo group buy. And I don't have to wait however many months hoping it will ship. They replied to my email same day and said I would get refunded this morning. I'll give it a few days to see if anything shows on my Amex account.

ETA: I was order #1,006.

Last edited by deviljon; 04-19-2012 at 3:16 PM..
Old 04-19-2012, 2:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wombats Are Dangerous View Post
Deadon, do you mind if I ask what order number you were? Curious where they're at in their orders. I'm up in the 1400 range and wanted to go to the range next week. Wanted to know if I need to order a few hundred rounds elsewhere just to hold me over.
Im order number 1000+. It will probably be 2-3 months before I get my ammo.
Old 04-19-2012, 3:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deviljon View Post
I ended up cancelling my order from them. For $15 more, I can pick it up locally from the ammo group buy. And I don't have to wait however many months hoping it will ship. They replied to my email same day and said I would get refunded this morning. I'll give it a few days to see if anything shows on my Amex account.

ETA: I was order #1,006.
Which group by is this...I would like to get in for 1k 9mm at 175 if there is a bay area nor cal order going on. Please let me
Know thanks!
Old 04-19-2012, 7:50 PM

I am order number 1467 - placed on April 15 @ 2:22pm. I called today and couldn't be given an answer over the phone on when this order would ship. I sent an e-mail to sales@jackrossammo.com and received this message back:

"we are 4-6 weeks out on shipping your order. thank you for you patience."

If people are having problems, even isolated problems, that is all the additional motivation I need to cancel my order. I understand Jack Ross got swamped with orders... and 4-6 weeks isn't that much time and I've got plenty of other rounds I can shoot until then. What worries me is the manufacturer is aware of an issue.

So I'll put it to a vote... do I wait the 4-6 (best case scenario time frame I'm sure) or do I cancel the order and purchase from a different vendor?

Aloha
Old 04-19-2012, 8:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alohajeff View Post
I am order number 1467 - placed on April 15 @ 2:22pm. I called today and couldn't be given an answer over the phone on when this order would ship. I sent an e-mail to sales@jackrossammo.com and received this message back:

"we are 4-6 weeks out on shipping your order. thank you for you patience."

If people are having problems, even isolated problems, that is all the additional motivation I need to cancel my order. I understand Jack Ross got swamped with orders... and 4-6 weeks isn't that much time and I've got plenty of other rounds I can shoot until then. What worries me is the manufacturer is aware of an issue.

So I'll put it to a vote... do I wait the 4-6 (best case scenario time frame I'm sure) or do I cancel the order and purchase from a different vendor?

Aloha
based on the order numbers they are currently shipping I would be shocked if you received your order in that timeframe. My order from late Feb was a high 600's and I have not received my order (2000 new 9mm).
Old 04-19-2012, 8:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by orthopod View Post
Which group by is this...I would like to get in for 1k 9mm at 175 if there is a bay area nor cal order going on. Please let me
Know thanks!
Check Serge's (Bullet_man911) thread in the commercial section. its $170 per 1k, and he can ship it to you at a low cost. GREAT rounds, I fired all 1000 without a single hiccup.
Old 04-19-2012, 8:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfhondapilot View Post
based on the order numbers they are currently shipping I would be shocked if you received your order in that timeframe. My order from late Feb was a high 600's and I have not received my order (2000 new 9mm).
I read in a previous post (way back) that they had purchased additional equipment that would allow them to increase production. Apparently one vendor of theirs was unable to supply the necessary brass. If they increase production I would hope the delay in processing orders would decrease. But that's a lot of assumptions.

If there are 900+ orders waiting to ship that is a lot of money to potentially lose via cancellations. And if customers are resorting to filing chargebacks with their credit card companies that will sting! Stuff like that can sink a small business. Processing rates go up, reserve accounts may be required, etc.

I'll be watching this thread to see if anybody else has problems with the 9mm rounds (that's what I ordered). If so I'll cut bait and cancel the order. These forums are a fantastic source for deals and feedback. Thanks guys!

Aloha
Old 04-19-2012, 8:29 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor

Hi All,
I ordered on 2/9 and received my ammo last Monday. Yes they charged me up front, and took a long time to deliver. Going into making the order with them, I was aware of the up front charge and delays, so no problem here as far as I'm concerned. It DID take longer than even I expected, but not a big problem as I just ordered ammo at a higher price from another vendor and kept shooting.

Now, I have to say that ljgrasso's post in this thread re: 3 squibs really concerned me as my order number was very close to his. So, I sent JRA an email and a duplicate on their contact us page at the JRA website. They replied the next day that they would gladly replace the order and pay for the return shipping. Wow, I'm pleased.

There was an earlier post in either this thread or another thread on calguns about a bullet damaging a barrel..... I believe on a Sig. JRA, stood behind that as well.

There was also an earlier post in this thread about the number of "bad quality" ammo posts vs the number of posts in the total thread. It's a very small number. I would also add, it's been my experience that most folks that take the time to go online are the ones having issues, and that would mean the number of happy customers is much higher than the post count in this thread.

For a case of 9mm reloads, JRA is an easy $20 cheaper than any of the other vendors. Yes, they did get in over their heads, and yes the production for the sh$t load of orders they received had it's problems. We customers had to pay the price for the extra delay caused by failing machinery. Stuff happens. It was very clear to me they were going to charge me up front, and the order would probably be a month out.

All in all, I think Chris and JRA, are stand up folks based on my communication with them. I've always been polite and no acquisitions from me.

I will continue to order from them in the future. I may wait another month though, just to give them a bit more time to get closer to being caught up. So far another happy JRA customer!
Old 04-19-2012, 9:35 PM

^ I agree, $159 shipped for 1k 9mm reloads is too good. Especially from a company that is willing to stand by their product 100%

You gotta know what you're getting into though. I ordered my rounds knowing i'd be waiting more than 2 months.
Old 04-20-2012, 4:52 AM

The problem, though, is that you have a 60-day window to dispute a credit card charge. If you order and JRA charges your card on the order date, you are basically giving up the protections afforded you by your credit card. If, for some reason, they go out of business next month and your order was just about to be shipped, you may not be able to dispute your credit card charge.

The wait isn't the issue. Their policy of charging upon order is.
Old 04-20-2012, 2:19 PM

Brief Range Report:
Took 200 rounds of JR reloaded 9mm to the range today.
100 flawless rounds through a Beretta 92FS
98 flawless rounds through a Sig SP2022 (2 FTEs in first box)
Old 04-20-2012, 2:47 PM

Are they still taking orders? Or trying to fullfill the current load first?

www.KEOKEphotography.com
Old 04-20-2012, 7:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by knerona View Post
Are they still taking orders? Or trying to fullfill the current load first?
I believe they are still taking orders. On the reloads, the web page says to expect a 6 week shipping delay.
Old 04-20-2012, 8:44 PM

My replacements arrived today...home to get to the range this weekend. If I do I will post my experience.
Old 04-21-2012, 1:27 AM

Ordered March 8, said order was cancelled and ordered 3/12. Got shipping notice arriving on 4/24.
Old 04-21-2012, 4:21 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfhondapilot View Post
The problem, though, is that you have a 60-day window to dispute a credit card charge. If you order and JRA charges your card on the order date, you are basically giving up the protections afforded you by your credit card. If, for some reason, they go out of business next month and your order was just about to be shipped, you may not be able to dispute your credit card charge.

The wait isn't the issue. Their policy of charging upon order is.
Maybe look into gettng a new CC company. The few times I have had an issue well beyond 60 days and called mine they simply said:

"No problem, we will credit your account and address it with the original vendor. Thank you for your business and being our customer."
Old 04-21-2012, 8:50 AM

Default JR

got a call from Patti at JR. She was very professional and stated that my order of 500 .45s was delayed due to equipment problems. She said they would sent new instead of reloads. Reveived the new .45s and my order of 500 9mm 2 days later. Everything looks great, I hope it also fires great. Order # 644.
Old 04-21-2012, 3:44 PM

Ordered 500 9mm reloads on April 8th and told it should arrive in 10-11 weeks
Old 04-21-2012, 11:25 PM

Took 2 random boxes from each replacement case to the range. 100 rounds through each the XD9 and Sig 226. Zero issues.

Funny thing, the reloads were boxed in the red boxes used for new loads. It was clear from the many brands on the bottom of the brass these were reloads.
Old 04-22-2012, 8:03 PM
Whatever
CGN Contributor

As I posted, I recieved my ammo. It's good ammo for a very low price, but they are stressed to keep up with their current orders.

Inspect all the ammo you get...... Free advice.

Old 04-22-2012, 11:03 PM

Is the 9mm wait still around 2 months?
Old 04-23-2012, 5:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by orthopod View Post
Is the 9mm wait still around 2 months?
at least two months, based on the recently fulfilled orders.
Old 04-23-2012, 12:47 PM

order #1193......it will be a while. Ordered on 4/4/11 but I did know that it may be a while of a wait. hopefully it will be worth the wait. What order # are they on now??sigh
Old 04-24-2012, 3:15 PM

I am Order id: #908...

Still no shipping notification. When I ordered it said that they will ship mid April (its past that now). I am not upset though. I was hoping to get them before the next weeked, but ill just grab some from Walmart for that trip.

Jack Ross is up front about delays and seems like stands behind his products. So I am not going to be upset unless it gets to be June and I still dont see my "will ship mid April" order. Until then Ill just wait.

Those that are impatient... just grab ammo from somewhere else from now.. its not like you wont need ammo later (when it finally gets here).
Old 04-24-2012, 3:16 PM

I am Order id: #908...

Still no shipping notification. When I ordered it said that they will ship mid April (its past that now). I am not upset though. I was hoping to get them before the next weeked, but ill just grab some from Walmart for that trip.

Jack Ross is up front about delays and seems like stands behind his products. So I am not going to be upset unless it gets to be June and I still dont see my "will ship mid April" order. Until then Ill just wait.

Those that are impatient... just grab ammo from somewhere else from now.. its not like you wont need ammo later (when it finally gets here).
Old 04-24-2012, 3:35 PM

I just wish they would stop taking orders and or charging in advance. I understand they need the capital to pay for operations, but it becomes a slippery slope if this is your business model.

That being said. My order is in the 1500 range and I suspect I won't see anything until after summer is over. Regardless of the 6 week notice they have on their website since the average shipping time is well over 8 weeks for the people in the 500 order range per this thread.
Old 04-24-2012, 3:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gawker View Post
I just wish they would stop taking orders and or charging in advance. I understand they need the capital to pay for operations, but it becomes a slippery slope if this is your business model.

That being said. My order is in the 1500 range and I suspect I won't see anything until after summer is over. Regardless of the 6 week notice they have on their website since the average shipping time is well over 8 weeks for the people in the 500 order range per this thread.
While I agree that it sucks that they charge when you place your order, it also makes sense because if its a 2 month wait they want to know that when they ship it to you in 2 months you are still in for the ride.

IN the end if anything happens it is only a couple hundred $$.. each one of us spends a lot more than that on guns/ammo every month... but you can dispute with your credit card company anyways if anything gets shady.

I see no reason to worry as we get reports of people recieving their orders... we just need to have those that get their order to post what their order # was and when they got it, that way we can estimate when teh rest of us will get ours.

For an order in the 1500 range I would expect late June to mid July. It seems like they fulfil about 500 orders in a month.