Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > FFL's Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

FFL's Forum For open discussion between FFLs and polite questions for FFLs.

Old 02-05-2013, 6:44 PM

Default What happens to dealer stock when a pistol falls off the roster?

I know the Bersa .380's fell of the roster back in November, but I continue to see them offered for sale as new in a few LGS's (Not as LE Only or SSE).

I looked at a Bulgarian Makarov today and while doing some internet research later on saw that they fell off the roster on 12/6/12.

So, my basic question is: What happens to dealer stock when a pistol falls off the roster?
Are you allowed to sell existing stock aquired before the expiry date or should they be pulled/made LE only?
Do you have to check the roster every day or does the DOJ somehow notify dealers on roster updates?

Should I run out and buy one?

Thanks!
Old 02-05-2013, 7:42 PM

As I understand it,if it goes off roster,it can not be sold except to exempt buyers,or SSE. I thought that if it goes off roster after a DROS was started on it,you can complete the pickup after the ten day wait. I could be wrong,but if you try to DROS an off roster gun on the handgun DROS,it will not be listed in the drop down list in the computer.
Old 02-06-2013, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEPUTYBILL View Post
As I understand it,if it goes off roster,it can not be sold except to exempt buyers,or SSE. I thought that if it goes off roster after a DROS was started on it,you can complete the pickup after the ten day wait. I could be wrong,but if you try to DROS an off roster gun on the handgun DROS,it will not be listed in the drop down list in the computer.
I AM NOT AN FFL

When i was at Turners Pasadena in Dec doing a PPT ,the lady behind the counter was talking about the Bersa .380 and said that when it fell off they had to call people in the middle of the 10day wait to tell them and give refunds. As i am NOT an ffl i dont know if they were required to do this but that is what she said they did.
Old 02-06-2013, 7:10 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmedCMT View Post
When i was at Turners Pasadena in Dec doing a PPT ,the lady behind the counter was talking about the Bersa .380 and said that when it fell off they had to call people in the middle of the 10day wait to tell them and give refunds. As i am NOT an ffl i dont know if they were required to do this but that is what she said they did.
The date is based on when the DROS is started, so no, they did not have to do that.

Don't tell someone to read the rules he wrote or tell him that he is wrong.

Never try to teach a pig to sing. You waste your time and you annoy the pig. - Robert A. Heinlein
Old 02-06-2013, 9:22 PM

Ok, so that makes sense.
The state updates the list on the computer system and these dealers will find out when they attempt to do the entry.

Thanks for the replies guys!

No Bulgy Mak for me
Old 02-06-2013, 9:57 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardwarejunkie View Post
Ok, so that makes sense.
s!

No Bulgy Mak for me
is it a c&r??? if so it is exempt like a tokarev or p64 mak
Old 02-06-2013, 10:17 PM
Banned

I got screwed once because I bought a M&P 40 from Socal Guns and it went off the list while DROSd...went to go pick it up and they wouldnt turn it over to me. Got my money back from that mistake and went over to DG and put the money on a G27 instead...It actually worked out because there are waaaaaaaaaaaaay more accessories for G27... I did like the M&P 45s but those are off roster too I believe. All the COOL LARGE CALIBER INEXPENSIVE Guns Under $500 in CA are off roster now. Didnt know there were so many NICE handguns under $500 until I went to a show in VA recently...
Old 02-08-2013, 3:22 PM

I bought a 9mm Taurus once to sell at a gun show. The next day it fell off the roster. I ended up selling it at a $20 loss because no one on gunbroker wanted the 10 round model when they could have 12. I learned a lesson that day.

NRA Benefactor Life Member
01 Dealer Redding, CA
US Army MP Corps Veteran
Former NRA Pistol Coach Level 3

I am always looking for Beretta D models in 9mm or a Compact Type M.