Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Southern California Chapters > O.C. Chapter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-19-2017, 9:01 PM

Default any local gunsmith for glocks?

im looking for some help. ive tired youtube to find solutions for my problem. it help but i still cant fix it entirely.. i got a glock 17 with a zev ultimate trigger kit. i just started noticing a drag on the trigger pull so i cleaned it thinking it was just dirty but not fixed. so i youtube it and i started moving thing and bend what needed to bend, also used the provided allen wrench to adjust the trigger. now i still have a mild drag and a sloopy reset now not i just wanted to drop it off to a gunsmith to fix my problem and get it over with.. can anybody recommend a good place without shipping it out?
Old 09-20-2017, 12:29 AM

Make your g17 completely stock. Undo all that zev upgrade you did. Check your trigger now. Is it still showing the same problems? If not, add one part at a time and keep checking the trigger. Soon you find which part is giving you trouble. And from there you can contact zev or see a gunsmith.
Old 09-20-2017, 4:04 AM

First thing, where are you located?

Might be useful to know since you are looking for someone "local"

If it bleeds, we can kill it... Dutch
Old 09-20-2017, 4:25 PM

im in orange county. westminster area.. ive already did all parts removal and even swapped to stock parts.. ive done all the testing i can do to my knowledge thats why i'm checking for a local gunsmith that knows glocks..
Old 09-20-2017, 5:24 PM

First of all I don't know any gunsmith in your area.

But maybe go down to your local lgs (maybe riflegear?) and see if you can touch couple of their glocks preferably another 17. Or maybe try out a friend's or maybe your local range. Basically see if your stock trigger is like their stock trigger.

Also see if you can try out other triggers instead of zev. I have an apex trigger + ghost edge in my glock 19 that you can try. The trigger feels perfect for me as it consistently pulls at 4lbs.

I'm suggesting all this because common sense tells me a gunsmith won't be able to do more than you can (assuming you got the tools) because unlike a 1911 you can't really hand fit the parts.

Speaking of which have you done the "25c trigger job"?
https://www.pewpewtactical.com/glock...t-trigger-job/

Easy to do and you don't need much tools. Makes a noticeable difference in my opinion.

Good luck!
Old 09-20-2017, 6:36 PM

no havent tried 25c trigger job.. guess ill try this before i do anything else..
Old 10-04-2017, 10:25 AM
Vendor/Retailer

You are welcome to bring in your Glock and our gunsmith can see what the issue is.

Gear On Sale
Contact Us
Follow Us On: Facebook - Instagram