Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > GENERAL DISCUSSION > General gun discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General gun discussions This is a place to lounge and discuss firearm related topics with other forum members.

Old 05-18-2018, 7:34 AM

no thanks....i rather buy another gun than join the NRA to get email spams on sending them more money.
Old 05-18-2018, 8:39 AM
NRA Lifer
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by redteam22003 View Post
no thanks....i rather buy another gun than join the NRA to get email spams on sending them more money.
You know, thereís a link at the bottom of every NRA spam email that allows you to unsubscribe, right? And how do you think organizations like the NRA function if not for donations by members and non members alike, outside of membership dues?

Just out of curiosity, how many guns do you think you could buy without organizations like the NRA, GOA, CRPA, etc. challenging legislation at the local, state and federal level? Or working to try and get pro 2A candidates into office? Are they perfect? Absolutely not. But what they do provide to ALL Americans, gun owners or not, is a force to be reckoned with when it comes to preserving whatís left of the Second.
Old 05-18-2018, 9:52 AM
Levers, the original AW
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Yes, I would also rather buy another gun than give the NRA money. But do you really think that you will be able to buy another gun without the NRA fighting for your right to buy another gun ? Eventually the anti's will win, the NRA is our only hope to stall that win until after we are dead of very old age. I made up a e-mail for joining the NRA with hotmail, I NEVER use it and look at it even less often and compared to 30 years ago, I get very little in the USPS mail from the NRA.

I am not proud to say it, I am against the NRA's antiquated no-compromise stance on guns but YES I am a life member and I still give them money when I can because I want to keep my guns until I can't shoot anymore. The sad part for me is that I no longer believe any heirloom guns will ever get to my heirs.
Old 05-18-2018, 9:58 AM
NRA Lifer
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyr View Post
I am not proud to say it, I am against the NRA's antiquated no-compromise stance on guns but YES I am a life member and I still give them money when I can because I want to keep my guns until I can't shoot anymore. The sad part for me is that I no longer believe any heirloom guns will ever get to my heirs.
Honest question... What compromise(s) do you suggest, and in return what do you expect? Seems to me that itís only a take/take situation at this point, with the antis taking as they please and ignoring legal precendent and law.

Compromise suggests a negotiation to the benefit of both parties. This isnít a negotiation any longer, itís a war on natural rights, American culture and tradition. And Iím not in it to lose.
Old 05-18-2018, 12:21 PM

My life membership cost me $100 fifty years ago. I paid it off with 8 payments of $12.50 each. At the time I was making around $100 per month as a PFC in the army. I recently upgraded to Patron Life member for an additional $250.00.
Old 05-18-2018, 1:56 PM

Quote:
Yes, I would also rather buy another gun than give the NRA money. But do you really think that you will be able to buy another gun without the NRA fighting for your right to buy another gun ? Eventually the anti's will win, the NRA is our only hope to stall that win until after we are dead of very old age. I made up a e-mail for joining the NRA with hotmail, I NEVER use it and look at it even less often and compared to 30 years ago, I get very little in the USPS mail from the NRA.

It has been said many times on this forum that "it is your money and you can do what you want" but like any religions, i dont go to give up my money based upon a belief.

the ememy is death, and death always win at the end. one day the 2nd will be gone.

if you feel good by given out money to the NRA, thats fine. "its your money"

if you feel good by spending $1200 on a gen5 glock thats only worth $400, thats fine "its your money"

and....if you feel good spending an extra $20,000 on top of the MSRP on a car you gotta have, thats fine too "its your money."

as for me, i save money. i dont piss it away to feel good. If i have to donate, i would much rather support a homeless kid.

Last edited by redteam22003; 05-18-2018 at 1:59 PM..
Old 05-18-2018, 2:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toiletfighter View Post
Just out of curiosity, how many guns do you think you could buy without organizations like the NRA, GOA, CRPA, etc. challenging legislation at the local, state and federal level?
i am going to answer your one qustion since all you did was wall spamed me

i have owned 16 guns without any of their help.

- i paid for it
- i filled out all the paperworks
- i pick them all up

the NRA, GOA CRPA, ect didnt do anything.......in fact, i had to paid for the DROS tax on top of the sales tax, no thanks to them since they didnt put a stop to it nor did they paid for the taxes.

it would be nice if they were fighting for my rights that i could purchase a gun off roster instead of going on calgun.net and getting ripped off on a current production gun that is 5x the MSRP.
it would be nice if they were fighting for my rights by removing the DROS tax
it would also be nice if they were fighting for my rights by allowing me to open carry or give a ccw for free.
and it would be nice if they are in court beside me if i were to shot someone......but sadly, i would have paid out of pocket for all of the top statements

Last edited by redteam22003; 05-19-2018 at 3:55 PM..
Old 05-18-2018, 2:48 PM
NRA Lifer
CGN Contributor

Quote:
i am going to answer your one qustion since all you did was wall spamed me

i have owned 16 guns without any of their help.

- i paid for it
- i filled out all the paperworks
- i pick them all up

the NRA, GOA CRPA, ect didnt do anything.......in fact, i had to play for the DROS tax on top of the sales tax, no thanks to them since they didnt put a stop to it nor did they paid for the taxes.

it would be nice if they were fighting for my rights that i could purchase a gun off roster instead of going on calgun.net and getting ripped off on a current production gun that is 5x the MSRP.
it would be nice if they were fighting for my rights by removing the DROS tax
it would also be nice if they were fighting for my rights by allowing me to open carry or give a ccw for free.
and it would be nice if they are in court beside me if i were to shot someone......but sadly, i would have paid out of pocket for all of the top statements
Spammed you huh? By countering your statement? Thatís a new one, sounds like you donít quite grasp the idea of debate. Or should I type slower so that you can understand?

As for the other issues, I wonít bother. You pretty much summed up your lack of understanding of any of the issues you're rambling about. Sounds more like some seriously chaffed *** rather than any valid points.

And if I ďspammedĒ you by engaging in a debate then my apologies. Calguns also has a spam filter, itís called the ignore list. Feel free to add me, I donít mind.
Old 05-18-2018, 3:01 PM

True if you call membership services; $600.
Old 05-18-2018, 8:06 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:

I am not proud to say it, I am against the NRA's antiquated no-compromise stance on guns
The problem with compromise is that the other side is dishonest with the goal being a total ban.

Heck, look at CA. First we had the roster that got so many situpilations added that any modern handgun is banned for all practical purposes. They even did away with single shot exemption, then add the ban on grandfathered magazines, making bullet buttons illegal, ammo registration. Now they wast any gun part to go through FFLs.

A death of a thousand cuts.

So, no compromise seems to be the only approach.
Old 05-18-2018, 9:27 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

GOA GOA GOA
Old 05-19-2018, 7:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toiletfighter View Post
Spammed you huh? By countering your statement? Thatís a new one, sounds like you donít quite grasp the idea of debate. Or should I type slower so that you can understand?

As for the other issues, I wonít bother. You pretty much summed up your lack of understanding of any of the issues you're rambling about. Sounds more like some seriously chaffed *** rather than any valid points.

And if I ďspammedĒ you by engaging in a debate then my apologies. Calguns also has a spam filter, itís called the ignore list. Feel free to add me, I donít mind.
At some point you have to just disengage.
And when did the NRA become the legislature?
Just ridiculous.
Old 05-19-2018, 8:58 AM
Global Warming Enthusiast
CGN Contributor

Quote:
I see you don't support this forum either, so you enjoy the benefits of other people's sacrifices.

Buy made in USA whenever possible.
Old 05-19-2018, 4:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACfixer View Post
I see you don't support this forum either, so you enjoy the benefits of other people's sacrifices.
While there are great honest people that I have met on here.....I do not support a forum that encourage ripping off new members or the ignorance.

production glock gen5 is only $350-$400 and maybe $500 to $550 if on roster.
but this forum and its admins are fine with someone selling a current production product for 3x the MSRP due to it not being on ROSTER (It appears as if this forum support the roster and is ok with overprice guns out in the market) then blame the buyers for the inflation prices.

No wonder there are so many fk up gun laws....you cant get gun owners to stop ripping each other off and work together.
Old 05-19-2018, 6:40 PM

Quote:
While there are great honest people that I have met on here.....I do not support a forum that encourage ripping off new members or the ignorance.

production glock gen5 is only $350-$400 and maybe $500 to $550 if on roster.
but this forum and its admins are fine with someone selling a current production product for 3x the MSRP due to it not being on ROSTER (It appears as if this forum support the roster and is ok with overprice guns out in the market) then blame the buyers for the inflation prices.

No wonder there are so many fk up gun laws....you cant get gun owners to stop ripping each other off and work together.
Encouraging others to rip someone off? This is still the land of the free, brohemian...

Anyone on Calguns is free to decide that a gun is worth separating themselves from any stated amount of money to have the gun they want...
(Or not decide that.)

Gotta have your big boy/big girl pants on in a capitalist marketplace.