Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Concealed Carry Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Concealed Carry Discussion General discussion regarding CCW/LTC in California

Old 10-31-2014, 1:11 PM

Can I carry at bakers I better ask the manager.
Old 10-31-2014, 1:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunday View Post
This is California and in California there are Californians.
Best answer yet.
And in 13+ years of carrying virtually 100% where legally allowed, I've yet to be thwarted by a metal detector.
Between not being calibrated and piss poor operational technique I walk right through.
Old 10-31-2014, 2:18 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockit View Post
Best answer yet.
And in 13+ years of carrying virtually 100% where legally allowed, I've yet to be thwarted by a metal detector.
Between not being calibrated and piss poor operational technique I walk right through.
I never really encounter metal detectors. And if I knew one was around I prolly wouldn't take my carry weapon.

But I'm curious. Do they not go off or do they go off and you just get waved through?
WTB: multiautomatic ghost gun with a .30-caliber clip to disperse with 30 bullets within half a second. Must include shoulder thing that goes up. Memberships/Affiliations: CERT, ARRL ARES, NRA Patron Member, HRC, CGN/CGSSA, Cal-FFL
Old 11-07-2014, 8:55 PM
Super Moderator
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it."

- Mark Twain

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Old 11-07-2014, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockit View Post
Best answer yet.
Regarding calibration...I had the dubious honor of being selected for jury duty. I reported to the courthouse at 700 W. Civic Center Drive in Santa Ana Monday which is just north of the OCSD office where you pick up your CCW. I left my IWB holster and firearm at home.

To enter the courthouse you pass through a metal detector. I have a moderate size (not large) belt buckle. The bells and whistles went off as I passed through and was told to remove it and reenter. Some with a normal size set of keys in their pockets got turned around, too. Seemed like it was tweaked much like the airports.
Old 11-10-2014, 9:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kustomkat1950 View Post
What!!

I always poke my head in the door, ask if its cool if I have a gun....you guys are doing it wrong.