Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Northern California Chapters > 209 Chapter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-07-2016, 7:03 AM

morning people .i was over at the games-town blm shooting range and i did some cleaning up here is a photo ,i picked up the metal and shoot up wood and took down the single target that was there but i couldnt take down the large pallet i didnt have my pick up with me . there was a few cans,clay,and spent cells i got most off it. this in the dried up lake just after the fence off to the right for my first time it was great i saw some wild life (deer) walking around which was cool.(how do i add a picture?)thanks again feel free to contact me if you wish i will keep going to this location and trying to clean as i go a garbage bag every-time should keep it pretty clean.let me know what you think
Old 08-07-2016, 7:13 AM

Default new to blm and want to do my part

morning people .i was over at the games-town blm shooting range and i did some cleaning up here is a photo ,i picked up the metal and shoot up wood and took down the single target that was there but i couldnt take down the large pallet i didnt have my pick up with me . there was a few cans,clay,and spent cells i got most off it. this in the dried up lake just after the fence off to the right for my first time it was great i saw some wild life (deer) walking around which was cool.(how do i add a picture?)thanks again feel free to contact me if you wish i will keep going to this location and trying to clean as i go a garbage bag every-time should keep it pretty clean.let me know what you think
james town clean up.jpg
Old 08-07-2016, 7:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by milegetter View Post
Attachment 527517
Big thanks for the cleanup. We hauled about a garbage bag worth of stuff about a month ago. This is the problem with a permanent target stand there, people just bring crap and shoot it up and leave it.

Even if folks just bring battery powered saws and cut up the wood, that'd be a great start. Then we could haul arm loads off each time we go.
Old 08-07-2016, 7:32 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by milegetter View Post
Attachment 527517
Good job, Always haul out more then you take in. I wish more did this.
Old 08-08-2016, 4:25 PM

My Wife and I moved the target stand made of pallets up to the gate this morning after our shoot. We took to bags of trash with us but did not have room from all of the pallet wood. It's pretty broken apart now. If someone has a truck, hopefully then can take it out.
We had a great time out there. Took own stands and removed all our trash and some from others.

The clearing looks a lot cleaner since. Was there 3 months ago. Great job on your last clean up.
Ephesians 6:10

Last edited by CMBrowning; 08-08-2016 at 4:27 PM..
Old 08-08-2016, 5:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMBrowning View Post
My Wife and I moved the target stand made of pallets up to the gate this morning after our shoot. We took to bags of trash with us but did not have room from all of the pallet wood. It's pretty broken apart now. If someone has a truck, hopefully then can take it out.
We had a great time out there. Took own stands and removed all our trash and some from others.

The clearing looks a lot cleaner since. Was there 3 months ago. Great job on your last clean up.
Awesome! Thank you so much for your hard work on taking another stab at cleaning up this area.
Old 08-09-2016, 3:56 AM

Anytime! We need land like this to stay open.
Old 08-09-2016, 10:08 PM

I am hoping to make it out to this place... I've heard people talk about it, but when I ask how to get there they never give me anything close to understandable directions... I was beginning to think this place was a myth...lol... But I am glad to hear so many people care enough to keep this spot useable
Old 08-10-2016, 3:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceeceerider71 View Post
I am hoping to make it out to this place... I've heard people talk about it, but when I ask how to get there they never give me anything close to understandable directions... I was beginning to think this place was a myth...lol... But I am glad to hear so many people care enough to keep this spot useable
HaHaAha. Its the secret garden. You go through a fence in the woods to get there.
Someone plotted gps coordinates earlier in this thread.
Old 08-10-2016, 5:41 PM

Okay so a question about educate..... As I understand it, this is a walk in place... So when I leave my vehicle do I keep my Firearms in a case till I get to the shooting area? Also would a wagon be good to bring supplies and ammo?
Old 08-11-2016, 1:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceeceerider71 View Post
Okay so a question about educate..... As I understand it, this is a walk in place... So when I leave my vehicle do I keep my Firearms in a case till I get to the shooting area? Also would a wagon be good to bring supplies and ammo?
I suggest reading MudCamper's thread on where and how you can carry (first two posts cover what you need).

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?p=2514207

When in doubt, carry it all unloaded and locked up in a case. A wagon is a good idea to bring in your targets and haul out trash anyway.

Having a hunting permit and/or a CCW offers a lot more options.

There is a building within 150 yards of the gate. This means something (read MudCamper).

Last edited by Jason95357; 08-11-2016 at 1:47 AM..
Old 08-11-2016, 3:36 AM

A wagon is a good idea. You will have to pass it over the gate.
Old 08-13-2016, 1:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sierra57 View Post
Sorry it took me months to respond. My buddy has been very busy with the Butte Fire recovery and coordinating with USFS and other agencies to remove trees killed by the drought.

My buddy now says the quarry on Camp 9 Rd. is most likely BLM land that was leased to the Heidelberg Corp. for their quarry operation. BLM manages a good deal of the land in that area. He simply doesn't have the time to make further inquiries.

I started a thread about the quarry this morning.
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1228526
Thanks for the heads up!

If both the past and the external world exist only in the mind, and if the mind itself is controllable what then? -George Orwell, 1984

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act. -George Orwell

You're off the edge of the map, mate. Here there be monsters. -Captain Barbossa
Old 10-04-2016, 6:20 AM

I went yesterday with my wife. We were the only two there so we hiked most of the area and got caught in a little rain. Did a little shooting and removed two bags that we filled with garbage. We came across a few black tail deer as well.
If the 209ers want a meet and greet, we should arrange a clean up of this area. I know it has been said here many other times, but we will not have this place if people keep setting up target stands, leaving beer boxes and car doors out there.
Oh and the *****hat who shoots aluminum case 45, you are a douche and should clean up the rest of his cases in the dried pond.
Old 12-20-2016, 7:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMBrowning View Post
I went yesterday with my wife. We were the only two there so we hiked most of the area and got caught in a little rain. Did a little shooting and removed two bags that we filled with garbage. We came across a few black tail deer as well.
If the 209ers want a meet and greet, we should arrange a clean up of this area. I know it has been said here many other times, but we will not have this place if people keep setting up target stands, leaving beer boxes and car doors out there.
Oh and the *****hat who shoots aluminum case 45, you are a douche and should clean up the rest of his cases in the dried pond.
I'd be up for it on a weekend. I'm only about 30min from there and have shot there a few times. I really don't see how difficult it is to police your brass, and take everything out with you that you brought in. I'm now searching for a new private BLM area closer to home.
Old 05-16-2018, 9:22 PM
Veteran Member

Default County Super wants French Flat shooting stopped

They voted 5-0 to send BLM a letter asking them to shut down target shooting at French Flat, citing complaints from 100 "concerned" citizens.

https://www.mymotherlode.com/news/lo...ns-to-blm.html
* Augmenting primitive feelings of envy;
* Rejecting the sovereignty of the individual, subordinating him to the will of the government

http://www.wnd.com/2008/11/56494/
Old 05-17-2018, 8:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sierra57 View Post
They voted 5-0 to send BLM a letter asking them to shut down target shooting at French Flat, citing complaints from 100 "concerned" citizens.

https://www.mymotherlode.com/news/lo...ns-to-blm.html
It took a lot fewer than that, about 10-15, to have the USFS limit shooting at Candy Rock on this side of the river...at least it is still open with reasonable hours. Both counties really need an entrepreneur to step up and build a massive outdoor shooting range...the demand is there.

If both the past and the external world exist only in the mind, and if the mind itself is controllable what then? -George Orwell, 1984

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act. -George Orwell

You're off the edge of the map, mate. Here there be monsters. -Captain Barbossa