Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CALGUNS.NET > New to Calguns? Check here first!
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

New to Calguns? Check here first! Introductions, How to's, FAQ's and posts of interest to new members.

Old 10-17-2007, 5:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macadamizer View Post
Hi Everyone,

Newby joining up. I've always been interested in firearm-related issues (as a gun owner and shooter myself, finally getting around to joining! I found this place from a posting on the BARF (Bay Area Riders Forum) board, and am using the same name at both places. I am an attorney, but I specialize in patent litigation and intelectual property, so I am probably not much help when it comes to 2nd amendment and gun laws -- although I will contribute what I can!
Welcome. I think you'll have plenty to talk about concerning AB1471.
Old 10-20-2007, 12:56 PM

Hello,
I finally got around to registering here. I'm a former Marine living in OC. I have bought 3 OLL so far (Stag, Doublestar & Sabre Defense). I havent bothered building them into complete OLL yet. But couldnt resist picking up a few lowers once they were available in stores again.
Old 10-22-2007, 1:56 AM

Default Hi everyone.

My name is Mark. I used to work at Imbert & Smithers (the bold German dude) in San Carlos, Ca.
I am a former PMC with quite some time 'in country', Ex-German Army, thirteen years Executive Protection with mostly international assignments.

I used to work for 'Frankonia Jagd' Wuerzburg - one of the biggest gun shops in Europe when I was 17... but things have changed and I have a hard time keeping up with all the new crap. As long as they go 'Baaang!' - it`s all good for me.
I`ve been reading a bit and think I`ll have a good time on here.
Cheers.
Mark

Last edited by ProtecSylt; 01-10-2008 at 1:46 AM..
Old 10-25-2007, 11:07 PM

Signed up a few days ago and been lurking since. Great site and thanks for giving a forum to us cali gun-lovers!

Now let's try and overturn the AR ban, cause I'm itching to build a real AR, that monstrosity with the sealed mag receiver and rifle-esque molded freak-of-a-grip that really make me feel sorry for us... while watching the rest of USA dressing up their Colts and Bushies with bells and whistles!
Old 10-26-2007, 1:11 AM

Hi everyone,

I've lived in California for a long time but just recently found this site. This site is a valuable resource for California gun owners and I'm glad to be associated with it.
Old 10-27-2007, 6:53 PM

Default just saying hey

Just joined up... live in the Bay Area... shootist since 82... NRA life member... enjoy all aspects of the sport but currently only shooting at paper and clays

Last edited by raybobb1; 05-09-2008 at 2:29 PM..
Old 10-29-2007, 2:39 PM

Joined today!! Great site for all of us that enjoy firearms. I look forward to particapating and learning from these forums. I know I have a few questions and/or concerns that I will post soon.
Old 10-29-2007, 9:29 PM
Janitors assistant
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Welcome folks! We need all the help we can get. Pull up a chair ans stay awhile.
Old 10-30-2007, 5:47 PM

Default "Nothing wrong with shooting as long as the right people get shot" Dirty Harry

Greetings fellow Kallyfornians
This is my first day with you all and I'm looking forward to some informative discussions with my fellow inmates here in Kallyfornia. How about that Governor of ours huh? Don't get me started!!
I'm from Orange County and am a member of the NRA members council of Orange. I'm a salesman by trade and have a side business selling shooting accessories at the local SoCal gunshows.... PM me for details... glad to be here.
Old 11-02-2007, 8:21 AM

Default hey guys im a new member

watsup to all the members..
Old 11-04-2007, 7:53 PM

Hello, I am new to ths site(first posting). I recently purchased my first weapon, Remington Express 870, 8 Shotgun. This coming Friday I am getting my first lower reciever from Chris at Lanworld, I will be getting the remainder of the parts and will be building the weapon myself. While reading earlier today on the site I realized that I am truly left eye dominate, should I go ahead and build my AR leftie??? I can shoot either way, given time I think I could kill it left handed...I have yet to try to shoot the shotgun left handed.
Thanks for being here for all of us newbies,
Slam
Old 11-05-2007, 4:28 PM

Howdy all...
Bucc, also in Southern Orange County here.
First post.
Looks like a great site, hope I can contribute as well as learn something.
Old 11-06-2007, 11:50 AM

Hello All, I have been lurking around the site for a bit and now decided to come in and contribute to the community.
Old 11-08-2007, 12:34 AM

hello , i've been lurking for several months and have studied all the threads concerning OLL's , got my first recently , thanks for helping all of us with information cali gun owners need to stay on the good side of bad laws .
Old 11-08-2007, 9:11 PM

Hi All,
My name is Mark ....live in San Jose.....do most of my shooting at Metcalf

"Those that beat their swords into plowshares will end up plowing for those that do not" – Ben Franklin

NRA Member
Old 11-08-2007, 10:30 PM
Veteran Member

Hello, my name is Robert and I have an addiction...
Old 11-08-2007, 11:46 PM
Administrator
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Well i though i'd never speak to a minuteman but whatever, this is a gun forum. what do you need to carry a gun for? Oh and i'm pretty sure it's not legal your in commiefornia buddy!
5150-417, why would you attack a new member who only has 2 posts.

I don't know why you never thought you'd speak to a minuteman. Sounds like that could be an attack without further info. I hope I'm wrong.

Also, why would you question him as to why he wants to carry a gun. There is this funny little amendment called the 2nd that permits that. Personally, I wouldn't carry open unless I was in a rural area or on my own property that was some distance from other homes, but that's me.

In your first post on this thread, you mention you are 19 and want to enter le. It appears by your handle; 5150-417, you are a bit over eager IMO. For those who don't know what that means, I'll explain. 5150 is a Welfare and Institutions Code that pertains to individuals who are a grave danger to themselves or others. It permits le to put them in involuntary protective custody and transport them to a mental facility where they can be evaluated by psych personnel. 417 refers to the Penal Code section re brandishing a firearm.

So, you're saying you are mentally ill and carry a weapon...or am I misunderstanding that. I wonder why you'd be joking about that, considering your career goal.

After spending almost 3 decades in le, that stands the hair up on the back of my neck from someone so young who wants to enter le, goes by that handle and who feels it his "duty" to challenge someone who is merely introducing himself and is asking a question.

Yes, I'm new to this site also and I apologize for the long post. I also apologize to the mods if this violates some rule I'm not aware of, but I normally am one to speak up when I believe something unjust has been said.

Also, just a fyi; I do not know Mike and this is the first post I've read by him.

Welcome Mike. Thanks for being a member of the Minutemen; you are at least attempting to do something about the border problem (peacefully I hope), which the govt. refuses to do so.

I already spoke my mind about open carry. Based on my experience, if you did so in a urban/surburban setting at in a retail outlet and I was a bad guy intending to hold up a store you were in, you'd be the first one I would take out. Something you might want to think about.

Hopefully I won't be banned from the site for this post as I'm here to learn.

ETA: I reread this today (11-26) and realized I goofed when I put the word "not" in the sentence, "but I am normally not one to speak up..." That didn't make any sense and I hope everyone realized what I meant. I have since removed the not and my true meaning is now there.

Last edited by retired; 11-26-2007 at 12:01 PM..
Old 11-09-2007, 6:14 PM

What's up guys, i'm Richard and I just got my first firearm, a S/W 909 as a gift from my dad. He's had it for a few years but hasn't put many rounds through it so I talked him out of it.

I'm going out to the range tomorrow to see how it does and how I do, I need to get a feel for it and what not. I know I'd like to get some rubber grips for it but i'm having a hard time finding some. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
Old 11-12-2007, 10:56 AM

Hello everybody,

New Calgunner here. Liked what I saw while lurking for the past year or so and now here I am. After 2 years of researching, renting different guns at my local gun range and firing some of my friends guns ranging from .357 revolvers to Glocks, Sigs, XDs (all of different calibers), and 1911s I finally narrowed down my choice and got myself a brand new Wilson Stainless Protector. I picked it up last week and already put 600 rounds through it. I think I made a wise choice with it. I hope The bad part is, I'm already thinking of my next purchase! Do all of you suffer from the same craving after getting a new gun?? Anyway, I hope to learn from the forum's collective experience and knowledge. This site has been a good source of information so far.
Old 11-12-2007, 9:08 PM

Hello everyone! Another newbie here.
Old 11-14-2007, 4:37 PM

another newbie checking in. this is a great forum.
Old 11-14-2007, 6:33 PM

Hello all,
Just registered after a few months of visiting. Thanks for all the advice and opinions so far. I just got back into shooting after about 10 years. I have a Kimber TLE, Glock 17, Winchester 1300 Defender, Kel-Tec SU-16CA, Ruger Security six and 10/22, and planning for a few more.
Old 11-14-2007, 9:44 PM

Greetings.

I found this page at random yesterday, and I can't complain.
Old 11-15-2007, 4:59 AM

Hello.
Couple of my customers told me to join here and say hello.
I am a Colorado Springs, CO based gunsmith. I build ARs, AKs, and FALs.

Pete
FFL-07 & SOT
We are a CA-DOJ registered FFL and do out of state transfers

www.EvilBlackRifleShop.com

Please email all questions to
sales@EvilBlackRifleShop.com
Old 11-21-2007, 8:22 PM

Default Glad to be here

Just wanted to say HELLO. And I am glad to be here!!
Old 11-21-2007, 8:52 PM
Veteran Member

Hows it going, New here. Was told about this site from one of my sheriff friends. Interested in building an AR15.
Old 11-22-2007, 5:02 PM

Default Just dropped in to say Hi , MI. FFL/SOT dealer

Hi Everyone! I am a MI. based FFL/SOT Class 3 dealer. It really bothers me off to see all these insane restrictions on your guns! Keep fighting for your rights and get Fienstien out of office!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
take care
Franko88
Old 11-22-2007, 8:14 PM

Welcome to all new members, glad you guys found us.
Old 11-22-2007, 10:20 PM

Happy Thanksgiving to new members. Great info and some interesting opinions on this site. Lots of freedom to say what you want, but flaming folks won't get you far. All in all, a well-managed site for serious shooters. Welcome aboard.
"We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem. We can now fire in any direction and strike the enemy." ....Colonel Lewis Burwell "Chesty" Puller, Commanding the 1st Marine Regiment at The Battle of The Chosin Reservoir, Korea 1950
Old 11-23-2007, 5:19 PM

Default Hello my friends...

I have only been viewing this site for a week but already have learned so much, it's an awesome site! Educating ourselves is the best way to keep them from trampling the rest of our liberties! Thanks for all the info I have and continue to receive.

Dave
Old 11-23-2007, 8:49 PM

I should of done this a long time ago... Even though I've been a member for awhile, I'm still a freakin' new guy here. I'm getting my butt in shape for the Air Force. Working on my certifications: CEH (Certified Ethical Hacker), Pen Tester, Gunsmithing, NRA Instructor, and other crap. I've always thought AR-15 was never allowed in California but after visiting this website/forum, I start to learn more crap than I ever did before (Thank you Calguns.net, you rock my world). My dreams about humping an AR-15 is turning into reality. I finally get to pull the trigger and be happy about it. I'm a college student, working on my B.A. in International Studies (to know the history and know what the heck is going on around the world), Minor in Criminal Justice so I can mentally shove my knowledge up some criminal's head. I love cruising along the coast and mountain, I love mother nature but I ain't no hippie. Mother nature hates hippies, period. Mother nature wants an individual to protect his rights (and to bear arms). Thank you everyone on Calguns.net for helping me out and god bless you all. You guys are awsome!

Last edited by Razgrizo; 11-23-2007 at 10:22 PM..
Old 11-26-2007, 10:45 PM

hello new here; and new to guns but I just bought me this HK-p2000
Attached Images
File Type: jpg four_shot.jpg (32.0 KB, 21 views)
Old 11-30-2007, 12:35 PM

Hi all, my name is Frank. Just stumbled on this forum today and within an hour Ive already learned a lot! I'm looking to build up an AR soon so any help/tips would be awesome. I love to hunt so Im not inexperienced with firearms but Im just learning about the AR's.
Old 12-02-2007, 7:32 PM

Hi I stumbled upon this forum when looking up information the Remington 1187P in google. I am new to shotguns but not rifles and pistols and currently serving in the California Army National Guard. What I like about this forum the most is that it is mostly geared toward California.
Old 12-03-2007, 5:39 PM

Hi, everyone. I live in Los Angeles, and I'm a student at UCLA. I own a Mosin and a Yugo SKS, and I'm looking to build an AR15. Thanks for keeping up this great forum.
Old 12-06-2007, 9:21 AM

Default Another newb

Hey! Total newb here. Bought my 1st rifle about a month ago (m44) and am completely hooked. Which thread would I go to for information on black powder weapons/supplies?

Thanks in advance!
Q

There's a lot of fine ways to die. I ain't waiting for the government to choose mine. - Malcolm Reynolds
Old 12-06-2007, 8:58 PM

Default Jumpin in

Hi,
Joined just tonight because I was doing a search on Sten kits and a thread came up from this board with some great information. I'm in Tennessee (don't hold it against me, we wanted to closer to home Penn). I've been collecting since I could pull the trigger on a cap gun. Glad I found this group.
Old 12-07-2007, 11:36 AM

Hello everybody! Noobie just wanted to wish all of you a very Happy Holiday season. I just stumbled on this forum and am looking forward to posting.
Old 12-10-2007, 12:00 PM

Default HI

Just found your forum...Nice to have a place dedicated to CA. I've already found some great advice and info. Picked Wilson mags for my Kimber and found other very timely advice as well...Thanks!
Old 12-10-2007, 7:26 PM

Smile New To Calguns.net

Hey guys just wanted to introduce myself, I have been reading up for a while but have not posted anything yet. It is nice to have finally found a group of people who are educated and enjoy shooting firearms. Thanks again to Paladin4415 for the Matech BUIS. I just finished my first OLL dissy build and hope to post pics soon. Thanks again !