Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Curio & Relic/Black Powder
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Curio & Relic/Black Powder Curio & Relics and Black Powder Firearms, Old School shooting fun!

Old 10-04-2012, 5:22 PM

Default CMP shipping confirmation -- With pics

Hey all,

I got my shipping confirmation for my Springfield Service Grade M1 today. I checked my order status and its showing a 5.4 mil serial so it won't be the WW2 rifle I was hoping for. On the plus side, from the looks of the other rifles people have shown here I have high hopes it will be just as nice and a great shooter.

How long does it normally take for them to arrive? Fedex doesn't have my tracking number in their system yet. For the record, I dropped my order letter in the mail on Sept 18th which makes this only 16 days so far. I must say, from the other stories I've read here, I'm very impressed with how fast they're shipping these days!

Yes, I'll update with pictures as soon as it arrives!

...and as promised:

I probably could have got away without resizing those picture quite that much... live and learn.
It's definitely going to need a good cleaning. It appears to be stamped NM on the barrel and the op rod.

Last edited by Fellblade; 10-08-2012 at 9:51 PM.. Reason: It arrived!
Old 10-04-2012, 5:58 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fellblade View Post
Hey all,

I got my shipping confirmation for my Springfield Service Grade M1 today. I checked my order status and its showing a 5.4 mil serial so it won't be the WW2 rifle I was hoping for. On the plus side, from the looks of the other rifles people have shown here I have high hopes it will be just as nice and a great shooter.

How long does it normally take for them to arrive? Fedex doesn't have my tracking number in their system yet. For the record, I dropped my order letter in the mail on Sept 18th which makes this only 16 days so far. I must say, from the other stories I've read here, I'm very impressed with how fast they're shipping these days!

Yes, I'll update with pictures as soon as it arrives!
Overnight dude. I have a SA Correct Grade in the 5.4 with beautiful wood.

Enjoy yours

-178S
Old 10-04-2012, 6:28 PM
Veteran Member

Specifically it's shipped overnight by 10:30am, adult signature required.
Old 10-04-2012, 7:08 PM

Remember to post the obligatory pics. Congratulation!
Old 10-04-2012, 8:13 PM

Tomorrow will be a very good day for you!

Enjoy! :-)
Next to me in the blackness lay my oiled blue steel beauty. The greatest Christmas gift I had ever received, or would ever receive. Gradually, I drifted off to sleep, pringing ducks on the wing and getting off spectacular hip shots.
- Ralphie from "A Christmas Story"
Old 10-04-2012, 8:24 PM
Calguns Addict

Congrats!
Old 10-04-2012, 8:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mls343 View Post
Tomorrow will be a very good day for you!
I sure hope so! It still hasn't shown up on FedEx tracking, so I'm wondering if it didn't go out today which might actually be a good thing.
I noticed when CMP created my account they had a slight typo on my address (unit number) so I updated my info in their eStore and I emailed them about it. Hopefully they can contact FedEx to get that correction so there aren't any delays. I was a bit worried that the typo was on my paperwork, so I double checked the copies I made and all of my docs are correct.
Old 10-04-2012, 9:11 PM

Not to dash your hopes, but my shipment was 2 day FedEx. I did have 4 rifles coming to me so maybe that's why, but besides myself I've only heard of overnight.

You're in for a treat. Good luck trying to fall sleep...
CZ455FS Mannlicher w/ Leupold VX-1 2-7x28mm
Ruger Mark III Hunter w/ Ultra Dot and Volquartsen adjustable trigger
Colt M4 LE6920
Springfield M1
H&R M1

WTB: Gen4 G19, Sig P210, S&W Model 41
Old 10-04-2012, 9:41 PM

Quote:
I sure hope so! It still hasn't shown up on FedEx tracking, so I'm wondering if it didn't go out today which might actually be a good thing.
I noticed when CMP created my account they had a slight typo on my address (unit number) so I updated my info in their eStore and I emailed them about it. Hopefully they can contact FedEx to get that correction so there aren't any delays. I was a bit worried that the typo was on my paperwork, so I double checked the copies I made and all of my docs are correct.
I dropped my paperwork in the mail on the same day as you Sept 18. I received my FedEx tracking number today and FedEx says it will arrive tomorrow (Friday). So yours should arrive tomorrow as well.
Old 10-05-2012, 6:05 AM
Veteran Member

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by deac777 View Post
I dropped my paperwork in the mail on the same day as you Sept 18. I received my FedEx tracking number today and FedEx says it will arrive tomorrow (Friday). So yours should arrive tomorrow as well.
Then we need pics of yours as well!
Old 10-05-2012, 7:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eljay View Post
Specifically it's shipped overnight by 10:30am, adult signature required.
It's been several years, but FEDEX left my CMP Garand on my front porch without a signature!

"Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons."
Gen. Douglas MacArthur

Requiro Pax Sed Praeparo Nam Bellum
Old 10-05-2012, 9:31 AM

Looks like mine went to FedEx this morning so I don't expect it today. The tracking info says Monday, but I would hope it would arrive tomorrow. Tomorrow would be best since I'll be home most of the day to sign for it.
Old 10-05-2012, 2:07 PM

Quote:
Looks like mine went to FedEx this morning so I don't expect it today. The tracking info says Monday, but I would hope it would arrive tomorrow. Tomorrow would be best since I'll be home most of the day to sign for it.
its always monday when its ships friday. But its worth the last 2 day wait
HM3 John D. House, HN Aaron A. Kent, HM2 Cesar O. Baez, HM3 Travis Youngblood, HM3 Christopher W. Thompson, HM2 Allan M. Cundanga Espiritu (True Heros)
Old 10-05-2012, 2:51 PM

You will be happy with an SA SG with a 5.4 ramge. My SA SG is perfect. I changed out the cmp birch with the walnut but in my experience and reading through the CMP forums 99% of recipients are very satisfied.
The turn around time was 47 days for me in April of this year, it looks like that time has been cut in half. I guess the reason is tax return season prompts a bunch of orders.
Good luck and enjoy your Garand.
Old 10-05-2012, 7:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotshotgun? View Post
Then we need pics of yours as well!
I didn't want to hijack the thread, but since you asked. Pictures are below. HRA Service grade

This is my third Garand, but the first one from CPM. I'm somewhat ignorant in regards to the numbers written on the card attached to the rifle. Do they represent bore wear? And what are decent values?

Old 10-05-2012, 7:20 PM
Veteran Member

Tight muzzle = a great shooter! And tight new stock also. Very nice!
Old 10-07-2012, 8:01 PM

With luck FedEx will deliver it before I need to leave for work in the morning. If so, I'll try to get get a quick pic up tomorrow and more later on.
Old 10-07-2012, 8:43 PM

That is an outstanding MW number. Should shoot well. Make sure you do the tilt test as lots of them Boyds stock will rub on the OR.
Old 10-08-2012, 9:54 PM

A couple photos added to the first post. All in all I'm quite happy. I supposed I'll just need to save up and order another in search of a WWII serial. I did request it on my order form, but I guess I was at the tail end of their shipping for the week and they weren't able to comply.
Old 10-09-2012, 1:33 AM
Veteran Member

Nice looking rifles!
Old 10-09-2012, 2:10 AM

Quote:
A couple photos added to the first post. All in all I'm quite happy. I supposed I'll just need to save up and order another in search of a WWII serial. I did request it on my order form, but I guess I was at the tail end of their shipping for the week and they weren't able to comply.
Just because you make a request does not mean you will get it.
Odds of getting a WWII serial in a Service grade are against you. Odds are much better in a Field Grade but so are the odds of a rifle that needs a rebarrel
Nice looking Garand
Old 10-09-2012, 11:10 PM

That looks like CMP walnut maybe? Get some pure Tung oil and hand rub it in. Hit it with some steel wool or scotch brite pad in between coats. You'll not only protect the wood, but it'll bring out the grain and give it a nice luster (not as shiny as varnish or lacquer though). It was also the prescribed finished by Uncle Sam among others so it's in keeping with the history. I put about 5 coats on mine and couldn't be happier with how it turned out.
CZ455FS Mannlicher w/ Leupold VX-1 2-7x28mm
Ruger Mark III Hunter w/ Ultra Dot and Volquartsen adjustable trigger
Colt M4 LE6920
Springfield M1
H&R M1

WTB: Gen4 G19, Sig P210, S&W Model 41