Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 03-25-2016, 9:37 PM
Arizona Ex-Pat
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Arrow CALGUNS Joins: The Coalition for Civil Liberties

The Coalition for Civil Liberties

Read and Donate Here

Gavin Newsom is exploiting the tragedy in San Bernardino to push a deceptive ballot initiative designed to circumvent your Second Amendment rights.

The “Safety for All” proposition will make millions of your guns unusable, force thousands of gun sellers out of business, place over-reaching restrictions on the purchase of ammunition, and criminalize your private property.

This proposition is the biggest threat to gun rights in California in more than 30 years.

We need your help before it’s too late.

3-14-16-coalition-alert-sheriffs-join-opposition

Ps 25:4-5 NLT Show me the right path, O Lord; point out the road for me to follow. Lead me by your truth and teach me, for you are the God who saves me. All day long I put my hope in you.
Old 04-19-2016, 9:02 AM

Default Put a stop to Newsom's deceitful signature gatherers!

Are you seeing signature gatherers promote incorrect information? Did you know they are REQUIRED to be truthful when telling people about a ballot initiative? You can make sure that voters are told the truth!
Click here for more information http://stoptheammograb.com/resources
Phone: 714-992-CRPA (2772)
Fax: 714-992-2996
www.crpa.org
www.crpafoundation.org
Old 04-23-2016, 5:02 PM
C3 Leader

Location: Flagstaff, Arizona up the hill at 7,000ft. originally from Minnesota, this ain't snow, its flurries

Title is mis leading,
Calguns Shooting Sports Association joined the Coalition for Civil Liberties, not CALGUNS.NET.

There are 3 entities utilizing the term Calguns
1.CALGUNS.NET
2. Calguns Foundation
3.Calguns Shooting Sports Association

Confusion abounds out there in Calguns land IRT which is which.

Vick

"Nobody ever defended anything successfully, there is only attack and attack and attack some more." (George Patton)

Picnic Time
Old 05-01-2016, 7:58 AM
I need a LIFE!!

I just went to the link posted in the OP and I got a huge warning from my browser.

is anyone else getting this?

Thank your neighbor and fellow gun owners for passing Prop 63. For that gun control is a winning legislative agenda.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6Dj8tdSC1A
contact the governor
https://govnews.ca.gov/gov39mail/mail.php
In Memory of Spc Torres May 5th 2006 al-Hillah, Iraq. I will miss you my friend.
NRA Life Member.
Old 05-01-2016, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris View Post
I just went to the link posted in the OP and I got a huge warning from my browser.

is anyone else getting this?
Are you talking about this?

URGENT MESSAGE
Every day, we get new and disturbing reports about signature fraud by Gavin Newsom's campaign.
Get simple instructions on how you can help us record and report this fraud.
Old 05-01-2016, 2:11 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbrady@Michel&Associates View Post
Are you talking about this?

URGENT MESSAGE
Every day, we get new and disturbing reports about signature fraud by Gavin Newsom's campaign.
Get simple instructions on how you can help us record and report this fraud.
this is what i'm seeing.

while I have no doubt the site is legit. maybe something happened to it. I do not know.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IE-warning.jpg (11.2 KB, 1181 views)

Thank your neighbor and fellow gun owners for passing Prop 63. For that gun control is a winning legislative agenda.
contact the governor
In Memory of Spc Torres May 5th 2006 al-Hillah, Iraq. I will miss you my friend.
NRA Life Member.

Last edited by chris; 05-01-2016 at 2:14 PM..
Old 05-02-2016, 5:05 AM
Banned

Quote:
this is what i'm seeing.

while I have no doubt the site is legit. maybe something happened to it. I do not know.
I got a big warning too.
Old 05-02-2016, 9:28 AM

Default Its ok!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford8N View Post
I got a big warning too.
The website is safe! The computer itself prohibits firearms information from going through. If you are using a Windows or MAC we have informed them the website it legitimate. They should stop issuing this warning soon.
www.crpa.org
www.crpafoundation.org
Old 05-02-2016, 9:30 AM

Default Website is sale!

Quote:
this is what i'm seeing.

The website is safe! Windows and Apple have restrictions on gun websites. They are trying to flag it that way, but we can assure you the website is safe! We have informed them that the site is legitimate.
www.crpa.org
www.crpafoundation.org
Old 05-02-2016, 11:08 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRPA News and Updates View Post
The website is safe! Windows and Apple have restrictions on gun websites. They are trying to flag it that way, but we can assure you the website is safe! We have informed them that the site is legitimate.
no problem guys. only wanted to bring it to your attention. the last thing we want is for people to go to a possible hacked site and worst of all get a nasty virus on someone's computer.

thank you for the update. I'll go and donate a few bucks this week.

contact the governor
NRA Life Member.
Old 05-02-2016, 11:33 AM
CGN Contributor

Just made a donation... Received no warning...
Old 05-02-2016, 11:42 AM
Head Janitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Can'thavenuthingood View Post
Title is mis leading,
Calguns Shooting Sports Association joined the Coalition for Civil Liberties, not CALGUNS.NET.

There are 3 entities utilizing the term Calguns
1.CALGUNS.NET
2. Calguns Foundation
3.Calguns Shooting Sports Association

Confusion abounds out there in Calguns land IRT which is which.

Vick
No confusion, BOTH CGN and CGSSA are part of the Coalition for Civil Liberties!
The California Rifle & Pistol Assoc. - Director.
DONATE TO NRA-ILA, CGSSA, AND CRPAF NOW!
Opinions posted in this account are my own and unless specifically stated as such are not the approved position of Calguns.net, CGSSA or CRPA.
Old 05-02-2016, 11:45 AM
Head Janitor

I get no warning when signing on from my AT&T iPhone, Verizon hot spot, Uverse account at home or Time Warner business at work.

Believe me, if there was a problem I'd know given how often I log in to CFCL's site.
The California Rifle & Pistol Assoc. - Director.
DONATE TO NRA-ILA, CGSSA, AND CRPAF NOW!
Opinions posted in this account are my own and unless specifically stated as such are not the approved position of Calguns.net, CGSSA or CRPA.
Old 05-02-2016, 3:09 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestryll View Post
I get no warning when signing on from my AT&T iPhone, Verizon hot spot, Uverse account at home or Time Warner business at work.

Believe me, if there was a problem I'd know given how often I log in to CFCL's site.
Kes it may be my IE on my laptop. i tried it with Chrome and no issues. donated 25 bucks.

contact the governor
NRA Life Member.
Old 05-04-2016, 5:50 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I just made a donation
Old 05-06-2016, 1:59 PM

Default Newsom's Survey

Just thought maybe some people would like to take Newsom's Safety for All Survey... voice your opinions about gun control.

Here's the link: http://safetyforall.bsd.net/page/s/s...=20160505-full
www.crpa.org
www.crpafoundation.org
Old 06-21-2016, 6:27 PM

Just made my donation.
Old 06-28-2016, 7:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbenzo79 View Post
Just made my donation.
Same ($25). Maybe this will start a chain.

"A well-Regulated Militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms shall not be infringed."

What part of "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED" don't you understand??!
Old 08-03-2016, 8:08 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime

Count me in. Donated.
Old 08-10-2016, 8:05 PM

As of 8/10/16 the NRA is running a raffle for donations. Go to their site, donate, and maybe you'll win something. We don't really need a raffle to donate, but why not take advantage of it in addition to what you're already doing? We need to ramp up our legal resistance to the assault on our rights.
Old 08-10-2016, 8:07 PM

Dear Calgun Folk,
I am calling on everyone on Calguns to start organizing peaceful public mass protests and marches. We need to march on Sacramento and in every city where we can gain media attention. All of the nation’s people concerned with protecting the 2nd Amendment should be organizing or attending marches! Why is this not happening? Enough with childish innuendo and threats, or suggestions of some violent response to the assault on our rights! Take action and start organizing and attending marches and public rallies!

Is it true that gun owners and 2nd Amendment supporters are all just sheep, willing to go along with any and every encroachment of our rights? Are we afraid ot miss work for a day? If so, organize marches on weekends! Are we afraid our neighbors or non-gun-owning friends might see us interviewed by CNN or MSNBC and be portrayed as a “gun nut”?

If a movement with a poster boy who was a strong arm robber that attacked a police officer and got shot for it can take to the streets and cause all cameras and talking heads to obsess on them for months, why can’t law abiding citizens who want and need to express their deeply held convictions and heart felt concerns stand up in equal numbers? There are more of us that are concerned about our rights than there are in that movement! There are more than 50 million gun owners in America, and we all stand to lose our rights regardless of race or creed. Is it because we’re all willing to be run over by self serving misdirecting elitist anti-American politicians and media moguls? If so, we deserve to have our rights be trampled on!

We must start peaceful protests as soon as possible!! Don’t bring firearms, don’t make inflammatory statements, don’t act like idiots, but instead voice your valid opinions and concerns! This is how democracy is supposed to work! African Americans would still be forced to sit in the back of the bus and walk in the gutter if there had been no Civil Rights movement in the 60s, and now it’s our turn!

Personally, I don’t understand why the NRA is not already organizing rallies, but we must band together and make our voices heard, as emails and letters are all to easily deleted and tossed in the dust bin, just as easily as it will be to dispose of our right to bear arms.

Stand up fellow Americans for the rights we know are essential to our freedom! Don’t wait until it’s too late like some people in Europe and elsewhere did before WWII. We need to stop this pernicious and insidious erosion of our rights now! If you belong to a gun club or local chapter of an NRA action group, bring this subject up and start discussing the possibilities. We need to get going on this folks, because the other side has a big head start and a lot of money behind them!

Thank you for reading this far. I hope they don’t come to take me away for saying all of this, don’t you?
Old 08-10-2016, 8:10 PM

I live in Texas now, but I left my heart in California, and if we let the erosion of our right be successful there, it's only a matter of time before it spreads across all 50 states. They will fill the prisons up with otherwise law abiding gun owners to take the place of drug dealers and violent criminals who they are now letting out. They need to feed their legal imprisonment machine, and we will be the new victims of a "war on xxx".

Last edited by Tahoeshooter; 08-10-2016 at 8:18 PM.. Reason: spelling
Old 09-02-2016, 12:51 PM

with a population so well trained to be afraid of guns (i.e. JFK and LAX gun sounds incidents), too busy making a living, and ignorant about gun laws, the anti-guns in state like CA are not going to have problems passing guns safety laws...

the fight must not be about guns and ammo... those are only tools... they must be about life, liberty and equality...

and when people see nra and pro-guns group names, most will just turn away since the anti-guns have been successfully demonized them... remember citizens united?? did they call themselves corporations united??

Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Lord Acton

I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. Thomas Jefferson

There's only one real party in America. It's called the Capitalist Party, and you ain't invited.
Old 10-04-2016, 9:16 AM

Donated. Hope it helps. Need to place ads on Youtube, to IPs coming from Calif.

It's scary to see how many uninformed, non-thinking people think a background check for ammo is a good idea.

When I explain it means no sharing at a skeet range or training lesson, they start to rethink. Some realize they might actually want to try shooting a gun some day, but would have to buy their own ammo even if their husband was going to take them out for a lesson or whatever. Or when I mention that maybe propane tanks for a grill should require a check because terrorists use them as bombs, they see the parallel.
Old 10-09-2016, 1:41 PM

Just Made a Donation
Old 11-05-2016, 11:55 AM

Explained to me why this isn't happening. There were 12,694,243 votes cast in Calif. in 2012. There are an estimated 8,220,412 gun owner in Calif. Do the math, there should not be even one gun control advocate in our state government. Add in friends and family and taking back our state should happen easily. Get out and vote against the gun grabbers! If you don't vote or you are voting for these gun control traitors you can't cry about losing your right.
Old 11-09-2016, 10:16 PM

Post 63:

https://ballotpedia.org/Initiated_state_statute

The douche bags who want to legalize weed, those that launch the initiatives to do so I should say- want also to eliminate our Constitutional Right to Keep and Bear Arms ("Right").

We're passionate about our Right- but somehow- these devils get engaged in the ballot initiative process, get these things launched/ crafted/ placed... Whilst we Search for new PPT's and FTF's- and they succeed in Encroaching.

But encroaching is not enough. They want to usurp, and
-- then Criminalize us.

Granted, the existing political structure [namely here in California, but susceptible elsewhere too and] is already receptive to revocation/ elimination of our Right, and therefore the channels to install such freaky 'propositions' are well worn if not wide open- but what in the world would keep us from activating our OWN ballot initiatives?

There are attorneys who love their Right, and composers/ publishers, businessmen and women who do as well- and have their spheres of influence- can they not be enlisted to assist us? Are we not 'them'?

If Sheeple in this state can be so easily persuaded to Vote Yes on something that does what this horrendous monster 63 portends to do- can they not also be persuaded in the other direction?

An equally clever and well-written measure? Properly filed, placed and VOTED INTO EXISTENCE, the very same way this 63-mother was (and the many others!).

If we're not approaching this thing in a proactive manner, like the pro-dope, pro-abortion, global warming/ carbon footprint weirdos are- then we're continually on the defensive and trying to regain lost ground.

Check it out. That's not how you win.

So, WTF.

If you haven't noticed, this whore called 63 just F'd every one of us. Large.

Now what?

Donations are great and supporting the NRA and CRPA is an awesome facet of what we should/ must do.

But we are going to have to- have to- get more assertive and be PROACTIVE. More heavy-like.

Like, more.

Be on Offense. Not defense.

Getting your *** kicked-in once or twice every so often sucks, but can make positive changes in tactics/ techniques, methods/ training - and basic ball-sack heft/ girth/ awareness obvious in some very good ways. Which is OK.

But- dang- men... If we get whipped this hard, and in such a broad and sweeping fashion... It begins to make recovery and introspection on HOW NOT to get whipped in said manner AGAIN moot.

Elusive?

Hard to accomplish?

What you call it is, well- it is called defeat.

This seeming slow, torturous path to Defeat we appear to be on is going to be halted and routed HOW?

By getting utterly cock-blocked on our Ammo, and then wandering around aimlessly for a period, confused and feeling somewhat numb WITH VIRTUALLY NO WAY TO CORRECT?

Truthfully- what is anyone's best answer?

Just sag gently and slowly into the corner like a pin-*****ed helium-filled balloon?

'Cause that's about what it seems is going on. That's sort of what I'm reading/ feeling.

Look at that link up there. It's just a random one, and there are others that discuss the matter. Just get the thought into your mind's eye for a bit.

Now, before you trail off- if you haven't already- take a look at this link:
http://www.discoverthenetworks.org/i....asp?indid=977

...and INVEST IN 15 minutes of research, to read and understand- how our opponents (those who want to destroy our Right) (basically, those who got this Ultra-2A-buzzKill on the ballot where it could be VOTED INTO LAW!)
are getting this type of Communist-bastard nonsense put into place.

Legalization of Marijuana is made to seem so simple/ harmless, but men- it's not about being able to 'simply smoke a little herb from time-to-time...'

There's a method these phucquer's have- and a goal to create upheaval in society that is the unseen backdrop to every "cannabis entrepreneurs" wet dream of making dope 'ok'.

THERE ARE DOZENS OF THESE 'Organizations' that call for massive social change, and for the recruitment and training of activist leaders to help foment that change. Getting easy access to weed is one of them 'social change' thingies. Dudes.

But before I digress any further- see what this creep globalist warlock Soros and his many many many minions (ALWAYS IN THE DISGUISE OF SOMETHING INNOCUOUS, always) and others like him are up to. It is deep. Cancer-like. And if we don't get heavily proactive (on offense), ain't no cancer therapy gonna work.

Circle back now. Their methods are not so sophisticated, as to be out of reach of just about any CalGunner out there. To the contrary. These anti-Anerican harlots actually just use the features of a free nation like ours, (less free than it should be and far less free than it once was, but still more free than most others) against us, right beneath our noses. But RIGHT BETWEEN THE EYES.

And this 63 just Owned us. OWNed I say- like, ouchie. I can't sit Owned.
Old 11-27-2016, 7:46 AM

Default Democrat Gun Owners

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecampi View Post
Explained to me why this isn't happening. There were 12,694,243 votes cast in Calif. in 2012. There are an estimated 8,220,412 gun owner in Calif. Do the math, there should not be even one gun control advocate in our state government. Add in friends and family and taking back our state should happen easily. Get out and vote against the gun grabbers! If you don't vote or you are voting for these gun control traitors you can't cry about losing your right.
Here is the problem... You said their is over eight million gun owners, right? Well I hate to break it to you but many of those gun owners are hard core Democrats. As long they believe they are the privilege few that would be allow to keep what firearms they have, they will continue to vote along the corrupt party line....til one day Socialist Kaliforniastan will announce that all guns will be confiscated thru a so called buyback program. For right now as we speak you have many state politicians openly talking about seceding from the Union. First step is strict gun laws before you take power.
https://youtu.be/gBWbfudLwtE

Last edited by 11B30; 11-27-2016 at 7:52 AM..
Old 11-27-2016, 11:07 PM
Calguns Addict

Everyone should be pressuring the ACLU right now as well.

Post something to their FB page every day, asking about their stance on the 2A, and why they're (erroneously) relying on Miller

"“[S]cientific proof” of both gun-rights and gun-control theories “is very hard to get”; therefore, requiring “some substantial scientific proof to show that a [firearm] law will indeed substantially reduce crime and injury” is tantamount to applying strict scrutiny to, and almost certainly will lead to invalidation of, the law." - Kamala Harris

Lawyers and their Stockholm Syndrome
Old 01-03-2017, 8:43 AM

Always the traitor in it midst.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk