Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Concealed Carry Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Concealed Carry Discussion General discussion regarding CCW/LTC in California

Old 07-20-2014, 12:06 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Default So I got pulled over and ticketed this weekend...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvrjon View Post
The OP has told us he talked to the watch commander.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...5&postcount=82

Why is this thread still alive?

Are you the thread police?

It's still alive because it's causing discussion, isn't that what a discussion forum is for?

Old 07-20-2014, 3:45 PM

bottom line is that there was a failure of logic here. same old prevailing cultural nonsense. a citizen having a weapon shouldnt be a 'thing' right from the start. thats the point of the ccw, obviously the powers that be cleared that person to have one. no big deal.

the good guys having a weapon should be of no significance, just like it shouldnt matter if youre gay or follow a certain religion or like a certain type of music or what the hell ever.

a complaint should definitely be filed when cops do this, without fail.

you should NOT mention your permit or weapon unless specifically required in the county youre physically located in at the time of hte stop. hell, its a CONCEALED permit for a reason, right? jesus.
Old 07-20-2014, 7:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EROCO View Post
I was asking why he was detaining me in the back of the car and I mentioned that here are hundreds if not thousands of ccw applicants behind me and ltc holders would be more common and his response was:

I don't believe everyone should be able to carry nor own guns because most people are not trained enough.
I've been following this thread and didn't see any overt mention of the cops attitude until this point.

Based on that statement alone, I would strongly suggest filing a formal complaint against the officer. His job isn't to enforce his beliefs, it's to enforce the law. For him to get heavy-handed with a citizen simply because the citizen is lawfully exercising his rights is completely improper.

This statement tells me that this cop is guaranteed to mistreat CCWers in the future, and he needs a paper trail documenting his conduct. His beliefs are going to need to change.
Old 07-21-2014, 6:13 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by planetbuster View Post
...the county youre physically located in at the time of hte stop. hell, its a CONCEALED permit for a reason, right? jesus.
The OCSD policy states that a permit holder must inform during ANY law enforcement contact. That does not limit it to LEOs in Orange County but anywhere the permit is honored (entire State). If you are stopped by CHP in Bakersfield and you do not inform the officer, you are in violation of the terms of your permit. Should the stop get ugly for some reason and the officer discovers you are carrying, you can bet that OCSD will be contacted about your conduct.

Quote:
We know it's the family and the church not government officials who know best how to create strong and loving communities. And above all else we know this, in America, we don't worship government, we worship God.
President Donald J. Trump, Oct. 13, 2017
Old 07-21-2014, 11:20 AM

Master P state it best
File the complaint if not for you then the next CCW
Old 07-21-2014, 2:21 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boblaw View Post
Well, the Chippie was better than this PO

I didn't watch this time, but isn't this the one in which the LTCer was riding around in a well known prostitution area with a prostitute in his car? If so, although the officer was over the top, play stupid games and...
Old 07-21-2014, 8:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Bald_Guy View Post
I didn't watch this time, but isn't this the one in which the LTCer was riding around in a well known prostitution area with a prostitute in his car? If so, although the officer was over the top, play stupid games and...
Clearly the guy was a nitwit Dbag. The reason I posted was to show what can happen if a officer is not notified as required by the IA and discovers it after contact.
Old 07-21-2014, 9:14 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Default Calling Wildhawker

Wildhawker,

You were willing to write a letter to OCSD about their no modifications provision (it was later suggested the letter might not be a good idea.) Do you think a letter to the CHP Commissioner is in order detailing how some CCW'ers are being treated and suggesting the CHP take steps to educate their people? With the recent influx of permits no doubt their officers will come in contact with more carriers.

Thoughts?
Old 07-21-2014, 9:21 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doheny View Post
Are you the thread police?.
No, no I'm not. You're doing a fine job in that role.
Old 07-21-2014, 10:27 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvrjon View Post
No, no I'm not. You're doing a fine job in that role.
I'm here to serve.
Old 07-22-2014, 5:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Bald_Guy View Post
Clearly, the guy was a nitwit Dbag. The reason I posted it was to show what could happen if a officer is not notified as required by the IA, and later discovers or is informed about the weapon.
Old 07-22-2014, 2:38 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boblaw View Post
Clearly, the guy was a nitwit Dbag. The reason I posted it was to show what could happen if a officer is not notified as required by the IA, and later discovers or is informed about the weapon.

And I would advise even if my particular IA didn't require it. All else being equal, the probability of a seriously out of proportion response--as low as it is--would be much higher in that situation.
Old 07-24-2014, 3:29 PM
I need a LIFE!!

I'd be happy to send a letter. Can someone point me to the fact(s) at issue? Email is best as I don't check PMs often.

-Brandon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doheny View Post
Wildhawker,

You were willing to write a letter to OCSD about their no modifications provision (it was later suggested the letter might not be a good idea.) Do you think a letter to the CHP Commissioner is in order detailing how some CCW'ers are being treated and suggesting the CHP take steps to educate their people? With the recent influx of permits no doubt their officers will come in contact with more carriers.

Thoughts?

I do not read private messages, and my inbox is usually full. If you need to reach me, please email me instead.

My comments are not the official position or a statement of any organization unless stated otherwise. My comments are not legal advice; if you want or need legal advice, hire a lawyer.