Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > How CA Laws Apply to/Affect Me
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-13-2018, 3:46 PM

Arrow CCW on school grounds on Sunday

I have not been able to ascertain if thereís any exception to carrying CCW on a school ground when a church leases school property for a Sunday service. My thought is it makes no difference and you still canít carry, but can someone confirm this.

Jesus said to him, I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.
Old 02-13-2018, 3:57 PM
Formerly Gecko45
CGN Contributor

I haven't the pc to verify, but I believe you are correct. K-12 and state college grounds, no exemption even for the weekend.
Mark 16:16
Old 02-13-2018, 4:00 PM

My church did this very thing temporarily. So I checked with the school district who of course insisted the law still applies during off hours including when we rented/leased one of the school auditoriums for Sunday services. It was temporary, so I didn't attend there until the new location was available.
Old 02-13-2018, 4:14 PM
Administrator
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

No exception for time of day or day of week.

And,'with permission' was amended out of the Penal Code for 2018.
No one will really understand politics until they understand that politicians are not trying to solve our problems. They are trying to solve their own problems - of which getting elected and re-elected are number one and number two. Whatever is number three is far behind.
- Thomas Sowell
I've been saying that for years ...

There is no value at all complaining or analyzing or reading tea leaves to decide what these bills really mean or actually do; any bill with a chance to pass will be bad for gun owners.

The details only count after the Governor signs the bills.

Not a lawyer, just Some Guy On The Interwebs.

Old 02-13-2018, 5:15 PM

Thanks for the confirmation.

Jesus said to him, I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.
Old 02-13-2018, 5:49 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

If you jump through the proper hoops and become church security, it should be possible but, you would want to consult an attorney prior to doing so.
Utah CCW Instructor

Offering low cost multi state CCW, private basic shooting and reloading classes for calgunners.

CCW SAFE MEMBERSHIPS HERE

KM6WLV