Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES > Gunsmithing & How To
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Gunsmithing & How To Pro, Amateur & WECSOG and Tutorials, Guides & OLL Build Instructions

Old 03-19-2018, 6:32 PM

Just received this email from the Glockstore:

“... There were actually a number of issues, somewhat small but very relevant to a perfect fit… hence those calipers.

Mr. Magill demanded that those issues be corrected before we could accept, and ship, the first batch of SS80s. The manufacturer has agreed to the modifications and we expect to receive a new batch of prototypes for testing within 10 days.

We have every expectation that this new batch will meet our requirements, and are hoping to ship all SS80 Pre-Orders on or before April 17th.

Thank you for being a GlockStore customer.

We know that waiting is hard, especially when the dates are extended, but please be confident that your wait will be rewarded by a truly superior product; one personally approved by Lenny Magill.”
Old 03-21-2018, 12:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suture1 View Post
Just received this email from the Glockstore:

“... There were actually a number of issues, somewhat small but very relevant to a perfect fit… hence those calipers.

Mr. Magill demanded that those issues be corrected before we could accept, and ship, the first batch of SS80s. The manufacturer has agreed to the modifications and we expect to receive a new batch of prototypes for testing within 10 days.

We have every expectation that this new batch will meet our requirements, and are hoping to ship all SS80 Pre-Orders on or before April 17th.

Thank you for being a GlockStore customer.

We know that waiting is hard, especially when the dates are extended, but please be confident that your wait will be rewarded by a truly superior product; one personally approved by Lenny Magill.”
I'm ok with this, as long as the finished product is high quality!
Old 08-30-2018, 5:31 PM

"big" update tomorrow

https://www.glockstore.com/ss80update

not listed as out of stock or unavailable

https://www.glockstore.com/SS80-M-Mo...tity=1&color=1
Old 08-30-2018, 6:19 PM

Just to beat the rush, I tried to buy a second one, it let me.

Any of the Cali guys with a build kit want to sell it?
Old 08-31-2018, 8:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cas0914 View Post
Just to beat the rush, I tried to buy a second one, it let me.

Any of the Cali guys with a build kit want to sell it?
I’m sure Chris from F&F who did the group deal has a bunch of kits from people who backed out...I imagine you wouldn’t have a problem getting one
Old 09-02-2018, 10:08 AM

Default Patience Is Good

I ordered my SS80 at the end of March, so it will be interesting to see where I'm at in the shiping process. I was told months ago that Glockstore had over 5,000 pre-orders. I whined a little about what people were asking for G43s and got absolutely crucified, so let's see what THIS does to the market value. I'll have a little over $600 into a completed, stock SS80. All you people that were asking $1,000+ for a $449 gun. BAHAHAHA!!!

Last edited by RockingCPA; 09-02-2018 at 1:05 PM..
Old 09-10-2018, 2:34 PM
CGSSA Director, LA Chapter Leader, Captain: Calguns.net Shooting Team
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
29180.B3

If the firearm is manufactured or assembled from polymer plastic, 3.7 ounces of material type 17-4 PH stainless steel shall be embedded within the plastic upon fabrication or construction with the unique serial number engraved or otherwise permanently affixed in a manner that meets or exceeds the requirements imposed on licensed importers and licensed manufacturers of firearms pursuant to subsection (i) of Section 923 of Title 18 of the United States Code and regulations issued pursuant thereto.
With the enactment of AB-857 are these or any 80% polymer lowers even legal anymore?

I don't know of any that include the required 3.7oz embedded in polymer receiver or frame (this would be a CADOJ Issue, not an ATF issue).
Old 09-10-2018, 7:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoundEye View Post
With the enactment of AB-857 are these or any 80% polymer lowers even legal anymore?

I don't know of any that include the required 3.7oz embedded in polymer receiver or frame (this would be a CADOJ Issue, not an ATF issue).
I would argue no per 32000(a) PC. Unless it was tested and certified per Cal DOJ labs.
Old 09-18-2018, 12:47 PM

Well apparently fedex is trying to deliver mine. It was shipped signature required.
Old 09-18-2018, 2:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cas0914 View Post
Well apparently fedex is trying to deliver mine. It was shipped signature required.
When did you order?
Old 09-18-2018, 2:32 PM

I am waiting for an 80% frame that doesn't have the lame "grabbing a chalkboard eraser" typical Glock ergonomics. The first person to do this -- have Glock reliability with ergonomics for actual humans -- will make a killing.
Old 09-18-2018, 6:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asymmetricalwarfar3 View Post
When did you order?
i dont remember, but I think late feb early march
Old 09-18-2018, 6:28 PM

Can you log in to your glockstore account? IF you have access to your account info, you will see your order date.
Old 09-19-2018, 5:58 PM

I looked, I bought it as a guest, it does not show the date. edit... just dug thru credit card bill, purchase was dated 1/18

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamAnderson View Post
Can you log in to your glockstore account? IF you have access to your account info, you will see your order date.
Okay, couple of things. First I ran 2 mags thru it, works fine.

Next the front rail section is not drilled for the pin, if you look close at the videos of the ss80 it shows this. Its not a big deal, just drill it at the same time as the grip.

Next, with everything much smaller, its tricky to put together. its not as easy as a pf940XX. The trigger does not use a normal return spring, the trigger will not fit into the front rail with the rail in all the way. So you will be taking it out a few times. The slide stop has to go in the front rail before the trigger does, unless I just did it wrong.

The mag release, being a gen 4, is not as easy to put the button in with the spring in.

In all less than an hour, for this.

Last edited by cas0914; 09-19-2018 at 6:30 PM.. Reason: update
Old 09-20-2018, 10:39 AM

Looks good, man.