Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Shoots, Meets and Range Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

CGSSA Shoots, Meets and Range Stories Set up and organize shoots and meets and share your shooting range stories.

Old 05-23-2013, 3:52 PM

Default Hodge road closed to Rifles. Shotgun only.

I just talked to the BLM field office in Barstow and the nice woman said yes Hodge road was now shotguns only. I asked where you could shoot in the desert and she reffered me to a Gov website. WWW.special districts.org.

Yes indeed there was a map. a photocopy of a worn out map. Really? thats the best our fine Gov could do?

She claims and the map backs up that you can indeed shoot in the desert north of Barstow. The map has a generic layout and I will be dammed if I can figure out where you can shoot north of Barstow and east of J tree.

Anybody know where you can shoot in the Desert ? Specifics?
Old 05-23-2013, 4:48 PM

Hodge is not "shotgun only". The BLM employee is not giving you the proper information. BLM DOES NOT set shooting regulations. They are set by San Bernardino Co. Board of Supervisors as a County Ordnance. That's why she referred you to the county's special districts office website.
Check the map link in my signature line for the CURRENT SHOOTING LAWS in San Bernardino Co. She's probably confused because the other side of I-15 is shotgun only because it's also a OHV area.
Download and print the areas you'll be in, or get a hard copy of the map from our office, BassPro, or Turners.
Old 05-23-2013, 5:14 PM

Thank you for the maps and the info. Just drives me crazy when we pay people to provide timely useful information and we get in return useless drivel.

But thats the norm from our Goverment employees..

But again thank you for the maps and information. wish there were more like you.
Old 05-23-2013, 5:19 PM

well actually if you go to the east side of the 15 it is shotgun only(from what i've been told), the west side of the 15 is fair game to all from my understandings.
Old 05-23-2013, 5:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medics197 View Post
well actually if you go to the east side of the 15 it is shotgun only(from what i've been told), the west side of the 15 is fair game to all from my understandings.
That's what I meant when I wrote "the other side of the freeway". It is a OHV area, and only open to the discharge of shotguns for hunting purposes.
Old 05-24-2013, 9:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5shot View Post
That's what I meant when I wrote "the other side of the freeway". It is a OHV area, and only open to the discharge of shotguns for hunting purposes.
sorry i over read the last part of you're post. i go go dirtbike riding on the east, and have gone shooting on the west side.
Old 05-28-2013, 11:21 PM

It is not shotgun only. I just went this past weekend and shot my ar with friends. Ranger stopped by said nice weather we are having huh, y'all be safe and that was it. That lady is wrong.
Old 05-29-2013, 5:24 AM
Mit Gott und Mauser
CGN Contributor

Location: The People's Glorious Republik of Southern Kalifornistan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongo LOves Hammer View Post
Just drives me crazy when we pay people to provide timely useful information and we get in return useless drivel.

But thats the norm from our Goverment employees..
That is what you get for bothering her while she is updating her Facebook status or playing Solitaire.
Old 05-29-2013, 8:38 AM
Veteran Member

BLM FUD figures..