Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > OUTDOORS, HUNTING AND SURVIVAL > Camping, Hiking and Outdoor Activities
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Camping, Hiking and Outdoor Activities Camping, hiking, and other outdoor activities within.

Old 04-06-2017, 11:56 PM
Covfefe Nation
CGN Contributor

Just scored a 1950's era Wedgewood stove for FREE for Robb's cabin. Yay!

It looks like this, but without the window on the oven side...

.....edit:

Actually, it looks exactly like this with the shelf on top and lighting underneath. We're gonna tear it apart, clean it up, put in larger jets for propane, and wire it for 12v lighting. It was in a storage unit for the past two years, but was apparently being used in a Palo Alto home full time before that. It's pretty damn clean, and the price was right.

63e235e2a0adcc1d5df015cc08d07f31.jpg
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuarterBoreGunner View Post
Kes is really just an errand boy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestryll View Post
I am NOT...anything other than a schmuck...

Last edited by gcvt; 04-08-2017 at 12:57 AM..
Old 04-08-2017, 7:26 AM

Love it, that'll, fit right in!
Old 04-08-2017, 8:05 AM
Calguns Addict

Just one word.....AWESOME !
Old 04-08-2017, 10:08 PM
Covfefe Nation
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtown View Post
Love it, that'll, fit right in!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dano3467 View Post
Just one word.....AWESOME !
It was definitely a great score - Robb is very excited. He had been looking at fully refurbished stoves like this that cost upwards of $800-$1000. It's perfect for the outdoor kitchen...that we haven't built yet.

It also came with a free Big Tex single axle trailer. How convenient is that? I towed the trailer over to Robb's house on Thursday of last week and then he brought it back to the storage facility on Monday evening to load the stove on to it. He parked everything on the street in front of his house in SF until he took both up to his property Friday morning...alone.

The trailer and stove will sit up there until more muscle arrives to offload it. Then we'll fix up and flip the trailer, build the 10x20 outdoor kitchen foundation and floor, drag the stove in, then put the walls up. The stove requires four people to move when you're on dirt with no appliance dolly, etc. Robb and I could barely slide it 10" on the concrete floor of the storage unit. It's gotta be 500 lbs or more
Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-08-2017, 10:15 PM
Fed Up!
CGN Contributor

Great score. Were waiting for more pictures on this epic thread.
-g
Old 04-08-2017, 11:17 PM
Covfefe Nation
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Man WC View Post
Great score. Were waiting for more pictures on this epic thread.
-g
It'll happen soon...Robb's up there now but it's been pouring rain all weekend with thunder and lightening. Robb has to figure out how to dig out the leach field pit, fill it with gravel, and get the driveway graveled at the same time. Then we can start building the outdoor kitchen. The next door neighbor guy with the portable mill might have the equipment we need to dig. Otherwise Robb will have to rent some equipment.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-09-2017, 9:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcvt View Post
We're gonna tear it apart, clean it up, put in larger jets for propane,
FYI, Propane orifices are smaller than natural gas because of higher pressure and higher btu value.
You want less gas entering the burners.
I've seen natural gas dryers running propane in Tijuana.
Talk about yellow flames with lot's of soot.
As long as it's the proper conversion kit, you'll be fine.

Quote:
First thing I would do is jump to a conclusion without all the facts.

Last edited by Cactus_Tim; 04-09-2017 at 9:22 PM..
Old 04-09-2017, 10:17 PM
Covfefe Nation
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactus_Tim View Post
FYI, Propane orifices are smaller than natural gas because of higher pressure and higher btu value.
You want less gas entering the burners.
I've seen natural gas dryers running propane in Tijuana.
Talk about yellow flames with lot's of soot.
As long as it's the proper conversion kit, you'll be fine.
Oh ****! You're right! We had 7 or 8 people at our usual Thursday dinner & beers outing brainstorming about this. We did end up coming to the same conclusion. I mis-posted. Apparently, it not unlike re-jetting a carb. Screw 'em out, screw 'em in.

Aaaaand Curtis photo...yay Chuck-It!

IMG_5424.jpg

Oh, and here's the free trailer... 3/8" American steel all the way through right out of Odessa, TX. Sidewalls are already removed. She'll dress up nice. Strong triangular tongue VS what Harbor Freight is trying to sell.

IMG_5200.jpg
Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by gcvt; 04-09-2017 at 10:38 PM..
Old 04-09-2017, 10:47 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Very nice OP!!!

Dear autocorrect, I'm really getting tired of your shirt!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LugerDevil666 View Post
No more stupid threads. you have my word
Quote:
Originally Posted by LugerDevil666 View Post
Rule 1 I'll admit I'm a jerk when I post stupid thread.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helmut Shmacher View Post
I'll do the picking.. Name wise .. if you don't mind...
Helmut Shmacher- Formerly lugerdevil666
Old 04-09-2017, 10:52 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Haha, he did not! He thought he could make it through because he had already made it through a few sections like that earlier. This one little run was a logging area so that probably didn't help.

He probably wished he had them there! His BFG All Terrains are pretty worn right now. I texted him and let him know that Tire Rack has our size KO2's on sale for $193 each right now. He said Mud Terrains would be too loud, until I reminded him that you already can't hear anything over his 7.3L haha. He's thinking about going from 33's to 35's but he might have to re-gear both diffs. With only a lifted 2WD van, I won't be headed up any time soon. We might not get started on the outdoor kitchen construction until late May June at this rate.

I had about 15k on some 35s (315/70r17) before one went flat in Jackson. I thought about buying different sizes for 10k miles, finally I had the excuse. I went to 33s (285/70r17) and it was immediately much better. Easier acceleration, easier braking, and less body roll.

35s required fender cutting by the door in my case, If you go almost to full lock you can see how close the 33s are. Articulation makes it worse too (Like pulling into a steep driveway).
Just something to consider.

Old 04-10-2017, 10:02 AM
Covfefe Nation
CGN Contributor

Nice vans!

Yeah, he had to cut his fenders to fit the 35's. I only have 33's on mine and I definitely rub pulling in to driveways, as you mentioned. I don't want to go through the hassle of cutting/welding my fenders so I'll probably just go the big ******* hammer route.

Screen Shot 2017-04-10 at 10.01.15 AM.jpg
Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-10-2017, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Just scored a 1950's era Wedgewood stove for FREE for Robb's cabin. Yay!

It looks like this, but without the window on the oven side...

.....edit:

Actually, it looks exactly like this with the shelf on top and lighting underneath. We're gonna tear it apart, clean it up, put in larger jets for propane, and wire it for 12v lighting. It was in a storage unit for the past two years, but was apparently being used in a Palo Alto home full time before that. It's pretty damn clean, and the price was right.

Attachment 596973
I actually have both of those models of wedgewood stove. The one in my house in San Francisco was purchased by my grandparents, brand new in 1949. The other I picked up on a side job, it was on its way to the dumps. Anyway, the second, after a semi-teardown and complete dousing with oven cleaner, I brought to my hunting cabin. The cabin has propane, so I started searching the net for the proper procedure to convert to propane.

Its amazing how much misinformation is out there. The advice I would get was always "you need to change the orifice to a propane sized jet". The thing is, with these stoves, there is an orifice for each burner, including the oven and broiler.

This i learned by asking anyone i could find who was familiar with appliance repair/ gas services/ old stoves, etc.

My wife who worked for PG and E at the time asked one of the gas service guys if he knew how to convert an old wedgewood to propane. As luck would have it, he knew exactly what i needed to do.

Each stovetop burner has two orifices (orifi?), one for the simmer ring and one for the outer burner. The holes in these orifi, are large and where they are screwed down to the gas manifold, there is a needle in the manifold where the orifice screws on. How much each orifice is screwed in, and therefore, how much the tapered "needle" protrudes into the orifice hole determines the orifice size.

A Propane orifice is always smaller than a corresponding NG orifice, for the same piece of equipment. What you need to do is make the orifice smaller to make propane work with the stove.

Right now, they are all set for natural gas, which has a larger orifice size than propane. You are going to need to screw in each otifice to make it work properly with propane gas. My advice is, when you tear it down, do not unscrew the orifice without noting exactly how far it was screwed down. Best idea is to not mess with them at all, unless they are really gunked up and need removing.

I ended up tightening, with a 9/16" wrench, each orifice about a half a turn. There is really no way to measure, without specialty tools which I would have no idea what they are, the size of the orifice you are creating.

Hook up a bottle of propane with a regulator giving 11" of water column, and fire up each burner individually. The flame should look be way too big since youre pushing the propane through an orifice that is too big. Then screw the orifice in until the flame looks about right, then adjust the air shutter for barely any to zero orange at the tip of the flame.

This is a trial and error procedure, but after a while, you'll get it right. Over the years ive gone back and fine tuned a bit.

Also, regarding the pilots, at each spot where the gas pilot line meets the gas manifold, there is a slotted screw head which acts as a valve to adjust the amount of gas getting to the pilot burner. On the stove top burners, I light thepilot and adjust the screw until the pilot is an acceptable size. The screw acts just like any gas valve, with the screw slot in line with the pilot gas line, its wide open, with the slot perpendicular to the gas line, it is off.

I couldnt get the oven and broiler pilots adjusted properly with the screws, and i ended up removing them and picking up a couple of pilot burners refitted with propane orifices. I dont remember where i found these pilot burners with the propane orofice, but i do remember that it took a LOT of Googling to find them. That was about 10 years ago, they may be easier, or harder to find these days. I actually want to order some more, as my pilot seems to be clogged on the oven side.

Hope this helps.

Tldr...I know how to convert your stove to propane gas.

Last edited by mofugly13; 04-17-2017 at 11:57 AM..
Old 04-10-2017, 8:59 PM
Covfefe Nation
CGN Contributor

^^ Thank you so much for that information mofugly!!!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-16-2017, 10:36 PM
Covfefe Nation
CGN Contributor

Update: Apparently the Wedgewood Stove Company, or some third party company, offers a retrofit kit for $50

Done!
Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by gcvt; 04-16-2017 at 10:40 PM..
Old 04-17-2017, 8:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mofugly13 View Post
I actually have both of those models of wedgewood stove. The one in my house in San Francisco was purchased by my grandparents, brand new in 1949. The other I picked up on a side job, it was on its way to the dumps. Anyway, the second, after a semi-teardown and complete dousing with oven cleaner, I brought to my hunting cabin. The cabin has propane, so I started searching the net for the proper procedure to convert to propane.

Its amazing how much misinformation is out there. The advice I would get was always "you need to change the orifice to a propane sized jet". The thing is, with these stoves, there is an orifice for each burner, including the oven and broiler.

This i learned by asking anyone i could find who was familiar with appliance repair/ gas services/ old stoves, etc.

My wife who worked for PG and E at the time asked one of the gas service guys if he knew how to convert an old wedgewood to propane. As luck would have it, he knew exactly what i needed to do.

Each stovetop burner has two orifices (orifi?), one for the simmer ring and one for the outer burner. The holes in these orifi, are large and where they are screwed down to the gas manifold, there is a needle in the manifold where the orifice screws on. How much each orifice is screwed in, and therefore, how much the tapered "needle" protrudes into the orifice hole determines the orifice size.

A Propane orifice is always smaller than a corresponding NG orifice, for the same piece of equipment. What you need to do is make the orifice smaller to make propane work with the stove.

Right now, they are all set for natural gas, which has a smaller orifice size than propane. You are going to need to screw in each otifice to make it work properly with propane gas. My advice is, when you tear it down, do not unscrew the orifice without noting exactly how far it was screwed down. Best idea is to not mess with them at all, unless they are really gunked up and need removing.

I ended up tightening, with a 9/16" wrench, each orifice about a half a turn. There is really no way to measure, without specialty tools which I would have no idea what they are, the size of the orifice you are creating.

Hook up a bottle of propane with a regulator giving 11" of water column, and fire up each burner individually. The flame should look be way too big since youre pushing the propane through an orifice that is too big. Then screw the orifice in until the flame looks about right, then adjust the air shutter for barely any to zero orange at the tip of the flame.

This is a trial and error procedure, but after a while, you'll get it right. Over the years ive gone back and fine tuned a bit.

Also, regarding the pilots, at each spot where the gas pilot line meets the gas manifold, there is a slotted screw head which acts as a valve to adjust the amount of gas getting to the pilot burner. On the stove top burners, I light thepilot and adjust the screw until the pilot is an acceptable size. The screw acts just like any gas valve, with the screw slot in line with the pilot gas line, its wide open, with the slot perpendicular to the gas line, it is off.

I couldnt get the oven and broiler pilots adjusted properly with the screws, and i ended up removing them and picking up a couple of pilot burners refitted with propane orifices. I dont remember where i found these pilot burners with the propane orofice, but i do remember that it took a LOT of Googling to find them. That was about 10 years ago, they may be easier, or harder to find these days. I actually want to order some more, as my pilot seems to be clogged on the oven side.

Hope this helps.

Tldr...I know how to convert your stove to propane gas.
Contradictory. I know this was an error. Just a FYI
I am humbled at the efforts of so many Patriots on this and other forums, CGN, CGF, SAF, NRA, CRPF, MDS etc. etc. I am lucky to be living in an era of a new awakening of the American Spirit; One that embraces it's Constitutional History, and it's Founding Fathers vision, especially in an age of such uncertainty that we are now in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by toby View Post
Go cheap you will always have cheap and if you sell, it will sell for even cheaper. Buy the best you can every time.
^^^ Wise Man. Take his advice
Old 04-17-2017, 12:02 PM

Thank you for pointing that out. I originally typed it out and had it all backwards....then I went back and corrected it. I guess I should have checked the checker. Missed one.

I'd also like to add that there are a few companies, like AntiqueStoves.com ( I think that's the site) selling a small regulator that apparently you unscrew the top and flip it over depending on eh ether you are using propane or NG. Your gas supply should already be correctly regulated coming to t he stove, so I've never figured out how these would work. If you decide to buy one and try it out, let me know if that's all you needed to do.

Sent from my SM-G386T1 using Tapatalk
Old 04-17-2017, 7:33 PM
Illegitimi noncarborundum
CGN Contributor

That is a magnificent old stove. I'm a Sicilian, I cook. I'm also an architect and have specified many a range in my time. In good working order that is better than most hi tech $3500 ranges on the market. They just do not make appliances like that anymore. You really gonna' leave that out in the rain to rust?! That's the one with the griddle in the middle too!

People that own things get to do as they please with them. It just seems frankly disrespectful of that beautiful old stove to me. Please tell me its at least covered somehow please.
Old 04-17-2017, 9:50 PM

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 04-18-2017, 11:49 AM
Covfefe Nation
CGN Contributor

^ LOL Sully!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfarchitect View Post
That is a magnificent old stove. I'm a Sicilian, I cook. I'm also an architect and have specified many a range in my time. In good working order that is better than most hi tech $3500 ranges on the market. They just do not make appliances like that anymore. You really gonna' leave that out in the rain to rust?! That's the one with the griddle in the middle too!

People that own things get to do as they please with them. It just seems frankly disrespectful of that beautiful old stove to me. Please tell me its at least covered somehow please.
I think he's got it wrapped in moving blankets and then covered with a tarp. Or, he may have managed to stuff it in the shipping container last weekend. He wouldn't let anything happen to it if he could help it.

And yes, it's got the middle griddle Hey, that rhymes.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-28-2017, 9:32 PM
Covfefe Nation
CGN Contributor

Couldn't make it up there this weekend because my company still hates America and doesn't believe in Holiday weekends. They actually "blacked out" Memorial Day weekend so you couldn't even schedule days off as vacation time! But, here's a couple of photos.

Jen and Ella relaxing on the new lounge (Ella is the dog for the newbies )...

IMG_5586.jpg

New bridge over the creek to access the "hiking" (dirt biking) trails. Hikers wouldn't need a ramp ...

IMG_5585.jpg

And for Sully. He's upset he's not there this weekend but he's been having fun at Fort Funston every day this weekend...

IMG_5550.jpg
Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by gcvt; 05-29-2017 at 8:50 PM..
Old 05-28-2017, 10:49 PM
Fed Up!
CGN Contributor

Ahh Curtis.
-g
Old 06-03-2017, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Couldn't make it up there this weekend because my company still hates America and doesn't believe in Holiday weekends. They actually "blacked out" Memorial Day weekend so you couldn't even schedule days off as vacation time!
Umm, Yeah - do you work for Initech?

Old 06-04-2017, 9:43 PM
Covfefe Nation
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by WartHog View Post
Umm, Yeah - do you work for Initech?

Seriously! I put in a request for 6/18 off over a month ago and it still hasn't been approved. Thankfully we have cell signal up there so I can just call in sick on that morning, but I don't wanna get up that early. Gotta talk to my Regional VP about this tomorrow. This is ridiculous.

I'm up to almost 90 hours of PTO now. World Superbike at Laguna Seca will eat up three days of that. The rest I have saved up for building the outdoor kitchen/screened porch...and a trip down to Baja with Robb and the GF's for the Baja 1000.

edit: Regional VP is playing games. Telling me to resubmit the request but I can't because the request is already in the system. OK, I'm sick that day
Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by gcvt; 06-05-2017 at 10:37 PM..
Old 06-07-2017, 10:41 PM
Covfefe Nation
CGN Contributor

Ah, you gotta be ****ing kidding me. Finally got the 18th off but everything is just falling apart. The GF has press passes to the reggae festival in Booneville, so she has to work her radio job that weekend. She gone.

So, one option would be getting a gate key from Robb Thursday night as we drink Guinness and go up early Friday. Or, I could wait around to pick up his GF mid-afternoon on Friday, driving up with all three dogs with Robb arriving late Friday on his motorcycle.

Then I'd be on the hook to deliver his GF and dog back home on Sunday because he has to go Fresno to pick up his van at the Sportsmobile factory following his RV refurbishment including new windows, new cabinets, etc.

I'm thinking I might just take the dogs back to PiPi alone and watch some wood burn.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-08-2017, 4:51 AM

Alone and watch wood burn with Man's best friend's sounds like the best option.

NRA Life Member: Patron
Calguns Supporter
Firearms Policy Coalition Supporter
Old 06-08-2017, 11:09 PM
Covfefe Nation
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCA142 View Post
Alone and watch wood burn with Man's best friend's sounds like the best option.
Funny how things change!!! Reggae festival trip is cancelled!

I'm headed up early next Friday with the gate key. Robb will arrive Friday afternoon on his motorcycle. Francesca and Jen will come up Saturday morning in the Mini Cooper.

Weather is gonna be HOT! Looking at 100+ crossing the valley and 90's in Nevada City. It'll be 10 cooler at the cabin.

Taking our Sportsmobile to the local A/C shop tomorrow and praying they can get things working.

LOL! So much drama.

edit: A/C shop couldn't fit me in today. Gotta find another shop or this trip is gonna be brutal.

edit #2: got the Sportsmobile into a shop tomorrow morning for an A/C assessment. Wish me luck!

edit #3: auxiliary A/C condenser is trashed. Since both systems are tied together, no A/C on the drive this weekend. That'll suck but, hey, we'll be camping. Robb is excited because he just got Super Plush Suspension to work over his new Africa Twin yesterday
Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by gcvt; 06-14-2017 at 10:06 PM..
Old 06-17-2017, 1:00 AM
Covfefe Nation
CGN Contributor

Pics from Friday:

Requisite van photo. It was only the four of us so we could have slept in the cabin but we love the van.

Happy Curtis...

View...

Bacon topped pork loin, asparagus, green onion and potato dinner...

Mmm, fire...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by gcvt; 06-18-2017 at 8:25 PM..
Old 06-18-2017, 8:26 AM

Grey water

Mulched basins around citrus trees is a way to go. Citrus will drink up every last drop and tolerate heat. Cold not so much.

Maples are another tree that will suck up all the water and will tolerate freeze. Big leaf maples produce delicious syrup, FYI.
Old 06-18-2017, 3:08 PM
Covfefe Nation
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epaphroditus View Post
Grey water

Mulched basins around citrus trees is a way to go. Citrus will drink up every last drop and tolerate heat. Cold not so much.

Maples are another tree that will suck up all the water and will tolerate freeze. Big leaf maples produce delicious syrup, FYI.
No citrus around, but he's got large leaf maples all over the property...just not in the immediate vicinity of where the outdoor kitchen will be built.

Just got home. Will post more pics this evening. Damn it was hot.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-18-2017, 6:30 PM
Covfefe Nation
CGN Contributor

Leach field and outdoor kitchen construction will begins in September or October when Robb finishes his contract at Schwab. He'll have six months off then and figures there's no point starting it now when it's so hot and more difficult to get up there.

Here's the pictures of us kind of working this weekend...

The cabin looks pretty much the same on the outside but they've made a few minor improvements inside related to the 12v lighting system. The biggest improvement is the much smaller and downward facing lights in the stairwell, but Robb also installed a couple of single LED red night lights so you don't smash your face into the post in the middle of the room by the day bed at night (See post #138). Jen has also done some more decorating, of course...

IMG_5641.jpg

The plan for yesterday was to get his free stove off of our free trailer. We couldn't find the large hitch ball so we chained the trailer to the ATV rack. Safety third!...

IMG_5688.jpg

We only had to go about 100 feet down the driveway to find a place to put the stove and find a shady place to work on the trailer. Curtis approved...

IMG_5699.jpg

We grabbed some lumber left over from the dirt bike bridge (See Post #340) and fashioned a ramp to slide the stove off the trailer. Then we got it situated out of the way...

IMG_5700.jpg

sfarchitect, we re-covered the stove before we left today. It's in exactly the same shape it was in when we picked it up

IMG_5706.jpg
Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by gcvt; 06-24-2017 at 10:42 PM..
Old 06-18-2017, 6:37 PM
Covfefe Nation
CGN Contributor

We didn't get a whole lot done on the trailer refurb but we did get started on it. We got the wood off so we could check everything underneath. Just surface rust. The axle and springs look good...

IMG_5719.jpg

We also stripped off all the lights and old wiring. We'll go all new on that stuff because it's only like $30 or so for the full kit.

IMG_5721.jpg

Then, while we had the generator near the dirt bike bridge, we walked down to the creek and cleaned up the railing cables. The next FNG that wants to come camp up there has to haul that pile of wood up to the cabin, along with an even bigger pile on the other side of the bridge. That's the rules...

IMG_5720.jpg

By this time, it was getting really hot so we decided our time would be better spent drinking beer by the creek...

IMG_5726.jpg

So nice and cool down there!

IMG_5727.jpg
Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by gcvt; 06-24-2017 at 10:29 PM..
Old 06-18-2017, 6:48 PM
Covfefe Nation
CGN Contributor

Beautiful weekend, obviously, and a lot cooler when you're down near the creek. Robb didn't want to grind/sand on the trailer where we dropped it. He wants to do that up by the house pad, but it's 10-15 degrees hotter up there. Beer just seemed like the right decision this weekend...

IMG_5729.jpg

The GF's arrived around 1:00pm yesterday and enjoyed themselves and the dogs. Then we all had a nice dinner...

IMG_5751.jpg

London broil, corn, more asparagus and green onions, and more potatoes but with sour cream and chives this time...

IMG_5752.jpg
Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-18-2017, 7:13 PM
Covfefe Nation
CGN Contributor

Aaaaaand dog pictures...

Gladys in the dirt...

IMG_5632.jpg

Curtis in the van...

IMG_5658.jpg

Gladys in the van...

IMG_5659.jpg

Curtis on the dirt bike bridge...

IMG_5667.jpg

Curtis' ball obsession...

IMG_5685.jpg
Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-18-2017, 7:15 PM
Covfefe Nation
CGN Contributor

And, of course, Robb and Jen's little Ella...

IMG_5743.jpg

IMG_5746.jpg
Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-27-2017, 9:15 PM
Covfefe Nation
CGN Contributor

I'm very sad to report that "Fossil" has passed on. He was 16 years old. Just had a beer with his Dad last Thursday night. 16 is a good run but it's still sad. Knew him since he was maybe two years old. RIP Fossy - I'll miss rubbing your belly

From early on in the cabin demo...

IMG_3055.jpg

Our Gladys and Fossil had been camping friends for well over a decade. Last year at Laguna Seca World Superbike...

IMG_4435.jpg

He was a biker...

fossilitaljet.jpg
Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by gcvt; 06-27-2017 at 10:07 PM..
Old 06-28-2017, 5:26 PM

Your thread has inspired me to build! I inherited several parcels of land, this one being semi remote only have roughly 1/2 acre to build on(the other 39.5 acres being rather rugged and steep)gives me a great views of the middle fork Yuba river.
pic 2.jpg
With the wife's blessing I am going to start with a hunting shack and see where it goes from there!

Last edited by rubbman; 06-28-2017 at 5:33 PM.. Reason: better pic
Old 06-28-2017, 6:11 PM
Calguns Addict

All shaping up very nicely.

NRA Patron Member
CRPA 5 yr Member

"...which from their verbosity, their endless tautologies, their involutions of case within case, and parenthesis within parenthesis, and their multiplied efforts at certainty by saids and aforesaids, by ors and by ands, to make them more plain, do really render them more perplexed and incomprehensible, not only to common readers, but to lawyers themselves. " - Thomas Jefferson
Old 06-28-2017, 7:17 PM

I've been watching and following your posts for a while....I know what I want to do when I grow up now...lol at lease some day build my own getaway cabin.
Good work keep up with the pictures and posts.
Got mah home def self def STFH close quarter blah blah humma Schumma herp a derp EMP EOW ready for Mad Max blah blah Red Dawn merca good2go hunker down bugout bag rock n roll preppd up for apocalypse Internet Walter Mitty cyber diahrrea gum flapping fantasy nonsense
Old 06-28-2017, 9:26 PM
Covfefe Nation
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbman View Post
Your thread has inspired me to build! I inherited several parcels of land, this one being semi remote only have roughly 1/2 acre to build on(the other 39.5 acres being rather rugged and steep)gives me a great views of the middle fork Yuba river.
Attachment 617611
With the wife's blessing I am going to start with a hunting shack and see where it goes from there!
You sir, are a lucky man! I look forward to the build thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWalt View Post
All shaping up very nicely.
Thanks. Wish we got more done that weekend but it was damn hot. I hope we build the screened porch/kitchen in October when it's cooler. My company pays out all my PTO over 40 hours in early November so I gotta use it up before then. Robb and I might just spend 10-12 days up there together swinging hammers, with the GFs and other help coming up on the weekends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amishfarmer View Post
I've been watching and following your posts for a while....I know what I want to do when I grow up now...lol at lease some day build my own getaway cabin.
Good work keep up with the pictures and posts.
I will definitely continue to post every detail of this ongoing project. I also want to do this myself when I grow up haha...just not in CA
Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by gcvt; 06-28-2017 at 9:35 PM..
Old 06-29-2017, 8:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbman View Post
Attachment 617611
You better start a build thread with lots of pics! These threads are the best.