Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > FFL's Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

FFL's Forum For open discussion between FFLs and polite questions for FFLs.

Old 08-07-2009, 10:49 PM

Default Help Find a Bay Area FFL Signed with Midway USA

I was just searching around and Midway USA has YHM Stripped lowers marked Multi-Cal for $119.99 I don't know what their shipping would be, but they say I can only buy it if I'm a signed FFL with them. I'm not an FFL. Can anyone point me toward an FFL that is signed with MidwayUSA?

Just to clarify, this sounds like weird lingo, signed, so this is the note from their site:
"Attention!
A current, signed FFL must be on file with MidwayUSA (some areas excluded). If not, we will contact you within 2 business days. Long Guns must be shipped UPS. Adult Signature required."
Old 08-07-2009, 10:53 PM
Calguns Addict

Check Irvington Arms in Fremont.
than those who would seek to destroy me.
Grant me victory over my foes and those who wish to do harm to me and mine.
Let not my last thought be 'If I only had my gun."
And Lord, if today is truly the day you call me home, let me die in an empty pile of brass.
http://www.huntfishadventures.com/images/nra.gif
NRA Member
Old 08-07-2009, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangGreg66 View Post
I was just searching around and Midway USA has YHM Stripped lowers marked Multi-Cal for $119.99 I don't know what their shipping would be, but they say I can only buy it if I'm a signed FFL with them. I'm not an FFL. Can anyone point me toward an FFL that is signed with MidwayUSA?

Just to clarify, this sounds like weird lingo, signed, so this is the note from their site:
"Attention!
A current, signed FFL must be on file with MidwayUSA (some areas excluded). If not, we will contact you within 2 business days. Long Guns must be shipped UPS. Adult Signature required."
Midway does not deal with CA unless they had a change of heart...
Brownells does....

DD's ranch has Stags for 99 bucks
Old 08-07-2009, 11:43 PM

Ah, that does sound familiar, I guess I've heard that before. I kinda just got excited when I saw the price. Prices are coming down

$99, that's awsome, I've never heard of DD's Ranch before, I guess I'd just have my FFL contact them and order?

I was more looking to get a Multi-Cal or .22 marked lower though...
Old 08-07-2009, 11:52 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Ah, that does sound familiar, I guess I've heard that before. I kinda just got excited when I saw the price. Prices are coming down

$99, that's awsome, I've never heard of DD's Ranch before, I guess I'd just have my FFL contact them and order?

I was more looking to get a Multi-Cal or .22 marked lower though...
DDs Ranch is a GREAT place to order from, and I know for a fact Irvington is on file with them, unless things have changed. Their web page is alittle weird to navigate, but they normally do have more lowers in stock other than Stag.
And Lord, if today is truly the day you call me home, let me die in an empty pile of brass.
NRA Member
Old 08-08-2009, 12:41 AM

Yea I noticed that about their site too, lots of clicks to get where you need to...

some of their pics are kinda small too for the lowers, I can't see very well what they're marked with.

Have you ordered from them before, lowers I mean. I was wondering how it works. Does the FFL pay for it and I pay them back, or can the order go through being charged to my CC and just shipped to the FFL? I think I've actually bought all my guns used or in store and never had an FFL or shop order me anything before like that...
Old 08-08-2009, 12:48 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Yea I noticed that about their site too, lots of clicks to get where you need to...

some of their pics are kinda small too for the lowers, I can't see very well what they're marked with.

Have you ordered from them before, lowers I mean. I was wondering how it works. Does the FFL pay for it and I pay them back, or can the order go through being charged to my CC and just shipped to the FFL? I think I've actually bought all my guns used or in store and never had an FFL or shop order me anything before like that...
I've ordered from DD's before, and the way it went was I let my FFL know my stuff was coming, then paid DD's their portion and they shipped it all to my FFL. When it showed up there, I went and paid the FFL his cut, and filled out the paperwork, and came back 10 days later to pick it all up.
NRA Member
Old 08-08-2009, 12:49 AM
Calguns Addict

If you don't like their pictures you can hit up gunbroker or google or something and find out what they look like. Normally MFG's don't change too much on their generic model lowers.
NRA Member
Old 08-08-2009, 10:47 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Some places require a FFL to order firearms, in which case you need to pay the FFL, then the FFL orders it. Others will allow you to pay and have it shipped to the FFL. It all depends on the place you are ordering from.

Don't tell someone to read the rules he wrote or tell him that he is wrong.

Never try to teach a pig to sing. You waste your time and you annoy the pig. - Robert A. Heinlein
Old 08-09-2009, 11:07 AM

Go check out Triple A's in Vallejo. They had a bunch of lowers in stock when I was in there yesterday with good prices. Thats not a bad drive from Richmond.
Old 08-11-2009, 1:36 PM
Veteran Member

This must be new because I ordered quite a few Double Star lowers from them last year before I was deployed.

-G

Quote:
Originally Posted by wikidklown View Post
Midway does not deal with CA unless they had a change of heart...
Brownells does....
Old 08-11-2009, 3:04 PM

I guess I should have just done this in the first place, I emailed MidwayUSA and they said they can ship FFL items to CA, and it is the FFL's responsibility to know what's legal or not. I'm not sure if they are implying something about OLLs or hundgun frames since those wouldn't be legal since they're not on the drop list... but anyway, looks like I'm good to go, I've just got to track down an FFL that will give me a decent price on a sale from out of state.
Old 08-11-2009, 6:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gowking View Post
This must be new because I ordered quite a few Double Star lowers from them last year before I was deployed.

-G
lol calling wikid new, yeah...