Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2012, 5:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick831 View Post
Mine was denied as well.. due to my lack of a good cause statement. I was also told a ccw is a privilege and not a right.
That must be their standard denial letter. Was it signed by Obayashi?
Old 04-12-2012, 10:11 PM

Are you required to pass a drug test when applying for your CCW?
Old 04-15-2012, 1:52 PM

Sheriff Pazin has taught me it us okay for me to defend my country but NOT my family. I've known Merced County for over 30 years & that Good O' Boy mentality has always been there at the top. It's no wonder Castle AFB packed there bags & left...
Old 04-15-2012, 2:33 PM

I have to wonder if the possibility of another suit re: operations at the S/O (article in Sun-Star a day or two ago--Thursday or Friday?) will change how Pazin starts to do business in the future?
Old 04-16-2012, 9:06 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnC'sBobcat View Post
I have to wonder if the possibility of another suit re: operations at the S/O (article in Sun-Star a day or two ago--Thursday or Friday?) will change how Pazin starts to do business in the future?
Based on how many times Pazin has already been sued in the past, I doubt it. He seems to have some pretty serious contempt for being told how to do his job.
Old 05-06-2012, 12:07 PM

I will reapply but I also want to speak with Sheriff Pazin but not without the company of an attorney
Old 05-06-2012, 1:04 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlK Lantern View Post
I will reapply but I also want to speak with Sheriff Pazin but not without the company of an attorney
And what would you or your attorney tell Pazin that he doesn't know or hasn't been told?

That meeting's not a wise strategic move. They will have to include County Counsel, who will advise the sheriff to say nothing and simply listen to you as a constituent and one expressing an interest in a service. Enjoy the $500 meeting that does nothing.

It's a binary decision: litigate or don't. (Hint: he's already being sued. By us.)

-Brandon

I do not read private messages, and my inbox is usually full. If you need to reach me, please email me instead.

My comments are not the official position or a statement of any organization unless stated otherwise. My comments are not legal advice; if you want or need legal advice, hire a lawyer.
Old 06-17-2012, 7:01 PM

Can't win for losing...
Old 07-06-2012, 10:57 AM

Any updates??
Old 07-20-2012, 3:49 PM

Have there been any updates, particularly on good-cause statements? What is the status of the lawsuit at present?
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself."-Mark Twain
"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."-Lord Acton
Old 08-10-2012, 8:24 PM

If anyone knows any new information, please share. I also want to get a permit, but Pazin being Pazin.
Old 08-10-2012, 8:37 PM

Well, right now it seems the S/O is in a bit more turmoil than usual. Something about a Captain retiring right before an investigation into his alleged misdeeds completes its report...
Old 08-11-2012, 9:45 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan_D View Post
Have there been any updates, particularly on good-cause statements? What is the status of the lawsuit at present?
We're narrowing the case pre-trial. We and Merced have been going back and forth on revised policy language for a while now.

-Brandon

I do not read private messages, and my inbox is usually full. If you need to reach me, please email me instead.

My comments are not the official position or a statement of any organization unless stated otherwise. My comments are not legal advice; if you want or need legal advice, hire a lawyer.
Old 08-11-2012, 2:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildhawker View Post
We're narrowing the case pre-trial. We and Merced have been going back and forth on revised policy language for a while now.

-Brandon
Thanks for the info! Keep us posted.
Old 08-20-2012, 7:18 PM

At this point, do you think it's worth it to apply for my CCW, or should I wait until there is some sort of resolution to the lawsuit?
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself."-Mark Twain
Old 08-20-2012, 7:24 PM

So basically what you're saying is: "Merced has been sending us a bunch of different papers that basically let them do the same thing they're already doing but they're using different words to describe it, and we keep telling them to stop being dork-tards and just follow the state law" ? LOL
Quote:

-Brandon
Old 10-26-2012, 8:59 AM

Kinda seems like...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Dead thread.jpg (14.0 KB, 49 views)
Old 10-26-2012, 9:11 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Kinda seems like...

The thread may be quiet, but the attorneys are still doing their thing...
Old 10-26-2012, 9:18 AM

Is the Maryland appeals case being factored into the strategy going forward at all?
Old 11-05-2012, 2:25 PM

2nd business owner, that I know of, turned down by our sheriff in the last 2 months. The last statement is really wrong. "If you are concerned for your safety, maybe you should change where you are going and what you are doing as to not put your self in a dangerous situation" WTF?

www.kentsandhagen.mygofoods.com

Cowboy Fast Draw World Championships
alias, "The Undertaker"
Fastest Shot 2009 .356
Old 11-05-2012, 2:44 PM

God I gotta get out of this hell-hole state.
Old 11-05-2012, 4:04 PM

Yeah, Ken. That is pretty much the message I got with my denial as well...
Old 11-29-2012, 7:45 PM

Admins has there been any progress/movement on the lawsuit with Blazin Pazin? I want to apply for my CCW in probably February.
Old 11-29-2012, 8:11 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Is the Maryland appeals case being factored into the strategy going forward at all?
Factored into? What do you think Richards v. Prieto is about?

-Brandon

Old 11-29-2012, 8:11 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Admins has there been any progress/movement on the lawsuit with Blazin Pazin? I want to apply for my CCW in probably February.
Yes, but nothing we can report on yet. 2 weeks. Seriously.

-Brandon

Old 12-02-2012, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Factored into? What do you think Richards v. Prieto is about?

-Brandon
My apologies, but I'm not up to speed on the Richards v Prieto case. Is there a thread regarding it on this site?

Eagerly awaiting (hopefully positive) news

Last edited by Ryan_D; 12-02-2012 at 11:07 PM..
Old 12-03-2012, 9:50 AM

Default And Now You Know

Quote:
My apologies, but I'm not up to speed on the Richards v Prieto case. Is there a thread regarding it on this site?

Eagerly awaiting (hopefully positive) news
http://wiki.calgunsfoundation.org/Richards_v._Prieto
Old 12-05-2012, 7:07 AM

Why doesn't the citizens of Mereced County just simply vote him out next election he has done NOTHING for the county only build up a county jail full of felons serving 5+ years. Have you been to Merced lately it looks like mini-Oakland with over 50 different gangs.
Old 12-05-2012, 10:06 AM

Default Mission (Almost) Impossible

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlK Lantern View Post
Why doesn't the citizens of Mereced County just simply vote him out next election he has done NOTHING for the county only build up a county jail full of felons serving 5+ years. Have you been to Merced lately it looks like mini-Oakland with over 50 different gangs.
Incumbent sheriffs in California stay in office as long as they want. Sad but true.
Old 12-05-2012, 4:06 PM

And besides, Merced Co. is in the same state that voted for O'Bummer, Costa, Boxer, Pelosi and Fienstien.

www.kentsandhagen.mygofoods.com

Cowboy Fast Draw World Championships
alias, "The Undertaker"
Fastest Shot 2009 .356
Old 12-05-2012, 7:08 PM

We didn't vote for Pelosi...she represents a District in San Francisco.
However, point taken. The good 'ole boy network is alive and well in Merced County.
Old 12-13-2012, 10:28 PM

I have ADHD and am on ADHD medication. In the application it has the bit about psychological testing etc etc. Am I wasting my time by doing this? Will they deny me due to my medical condition?
Old 12-13-2012, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThiZZ View Post
I have ADHD and am on ADHD medication. In the application it has the bit about psychological testing etc etc. Am I wasting my time by doing this? Will they deny me due to my medical condition?
Don't worry, if it's not the ADHD, they'll deny you for some other reason.
Old 12-13-2012, 10:50 PM

Quote:
'Tis true...they'll find a reason to deny you. As an aside, my understanding of the Sunshine Initiative is that requiring such testing would be unconstitutional because there is no reason to, and it is not provided for under state statute (please, if I'm wrong, someone correct me).

Hoping the 9th rules the right way in the Prieto case so we can get this crap settled!
Old 12-13-2012, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnC'sBobcat View Post
Don't worry, if it's not the ADHD, they'll deny you for some other reason.
Has anyone here been approved? This pisses me off because I live in Delhi and its really gone to ****. Also I work in Turlock and almost all my co workers have their CCW in Stan County.
Old 12-13-2012, 10:57 PM

Quote:
'Tis true...they'll find a reason to deny you. As an aside, my understanding of the Sunshine Initiative is that requiring such testing would be unconstitutional because there is no reason to, and it is not provided for under state statute (please, if I'm wrong, someone correct me).

Hoping the 9th rules the right way in the Prieto case so we can get this crap settled!
Word.
Old 12-13-2012, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Has anyone here been approved? This pisses me off because I live in Delhi and its really gone to ****. Also I work in Turlock and almost all my co workers have their CCW in Stan County.
You could consider applying for one through Stanislaus County, since your work has you spending a large amount of time there...it would be up to Christianson to decided whether that was good enough cause or not.
Old 12-13-2012, 11:04 PM

Quote:
You could consider applying for one through Stanislaus County, since your work has you spending a large amount of time there...it would be up to Christianson to decided whether that was good enough cause or not.
I thought you had to apply in the county you live in?
Old 12-13-2012, 11:10 PM

Quote:
I thought you had to apply in the county you live in?
I stand corrected. Christianson's policy states that you must be a resident of the county you are applying in. I only mentioned the previous comment because I thought I had read somewhere that if you spent a significant amount of time in a particular county (e.g. work) then you could apply in that county.
Old 12-26-2012, 11:47 PM

I assume this suit is awaiting a decision in the Peruta case, correct?
Closed Thread