Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Concealed Carry Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Concealed Carry Discussion General discussion regarding CCW/LTC in California

Old 05-02-2018, 11:34 AM

Default Possible CCW living in Manhattan Beach, CA?

NOt sure where this puts me. interested in CCW living in Manhattan Beach, CA.
Old 05-02-2018, 11:37 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

LA county.

0.0 chance of getting one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjsig View Post
You are talking to someone who already won this lame conversation, not a brick a wall. Too bad you don't realize it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lear60man View Post
My transvestite analogy stands.
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterfern View Post
Didn't realize. I try not to be political.
XXXXXXXXXX
Old 05-02-2018, 11:37 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

^^^^
Ditto
Old 05-02-2018, 6:11 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock19newb View Post
Bob Lindsey is running for LA Co Sheriff. He promises to issue CCWs where SD/PP = GC. (self defense/personal protection is sufficient Good Cause) Send him money, put a bumper sticker on your vehicles, put a yard sign on your property or in your apartment window, email or Facebook all your friends, family, shooting buddies, etc in LA Co to support him. Volunteer to help his campaign. That's all just off of the top of my head.

The election is in fewer than 6 weeks and early voting/mail in ballots cut it even shorter.

Funny how I, up in NorCal, use my CGN Signature line to promote a LA sheriff's candidate yet no one else in this thread does....

230+ examples of CCWs Saving Lives.

KnifeRights.org/images/KRbanner_468x60-1.gif

Last edited by Paladin; 05-02-2018 at 6:13 PM..
Old 05-02-2018, 6:49 PM

only if u're a la kings
Old 05-02-2018, 7:13 PM

Not under LA County rule.

We have our own PD CLEO. Unless your bff with our mayor, slim but you can apply.

Are you active in the community?
Old 05-03-2018, 4:18 AM
Veteran Member

Good luck. You do have greater than 0% chance. They are just being pessimistic. You actually have 0.0004% chance according to the latest numbers. You have close to 100% if you're a judge or member of the sheriffs reserves.
Old 05-03-2018, 9:09 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sig so sour of ca View Post
Not under LA County rule.

We have our own PD CLEO. Unless your bff with our mayor, slim but you can apply.

Are you active in the community?
I would not be so sure of that. As an incorporated city with it's own police department, the Chief of Police is able to issue CCW permits.

However, Penal Code section 26155(c) allows the Chief to make an agreement with the Sheriff to process "all" CCW permits for the city. The main issue with 21655(c) is that it's an "all or nothing" deal. If the Chief opts to go that route, he/she cannot issue any permits on their own. If there is an agreement in place, you cannot apply to the city.

The city of Manhattan Beach website makes no mention of a CCW application process. That, coupled with the fact that most L.A. county agencies have made agreements under section 26155(c), suggest that you're outta luck.
Old 05-03-2018, 2:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickD427 View Post
That, coupled with the fact that most L.A. county agencies have made agreements under section 26155(c), suggest that you're outta luck.
Until we elect Sheriff Lindsey!
Old 05-03-2018, 3:25 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickD427 View Post
I would not be so sure of that. As an incorporated city with it's own police department, the Chief of Police is able to issue CCW permits.

However, Penal Code section 26155(c) allows the Chief to make an agreement with the Sheriff to process "all" CCW permits for the city. The main issue with 21655(c) is that it's an "all or nothing" deal. If the Chief opts to go that route, he/she cannot issue any permits on their own. If there is an agreement in place, you cannot apply to the city.

The city of Manhattan Beach website makes no mention of a CCW application process. That, coupled with the fact that most L.A. county agencies have made agreements under section 26155(c), suggest that you're outta luck.
Rick. I see the language regarding the processing of "all" applications, but question that ceding the right to process all applications to the Sheriff deprives the Police Chief of the right to continue to issue applications. For example, in 2014 the Manhattan PD had 3 applications pending and one issued per

This suggests that although many cities refer applicants to the county sheriff, they retain the power to issue licenses. Usually a handful but sometimes a couple hundred.
Old 05-03-2018, 4:58 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy65 View Post
Rick. I see the language regarding the processing of "all" applications, but question that ceding the right to process all applications to the Sheriff deprives the Police Chief of the right to continue to issue applications. For example, in 2014 the Manhattan PD had 3 applications pending and one issued per

This suggests that although many cities refer applicants to the county sheriff, they retain the power to issue licenses. Usually a handful but sometimes a couple hundred.
Chewy, the language was enacted by Chap. 785, Stats 2015, (AB 1134), after the 2014 transactions you cited. http://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/fa...01520160AB1134
Old 05-03-2018, 5:00 PM

despite the rumors, you can get a permit in la county

/if you are a current or former judge or prosecutor.
Old 05-03-2018, 5:20 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy65 View Post

If the Chief of Police continued to process applications, then the Sheriff would not be processing "all" applications as the statute requires, he/she would only be processing "some" applications.

I never saw, or was involved with the CCW contracting process, during my time with the LASD, but was given the understanding by folks who were, that the contract terms also precluded the Chief for issuing.
Old 05-30-2018, 7:18 PM

Default CCW living in LA County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock19newb View Post
You better vote for Bob Lindsey for Sheriff and hope he wins, because the favored candidate wont allow it.