Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Centerfire Rifles - Manually Operated
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Centerfire Rifles - Manually Operated Lever action, bolt action or other non gas operated centerfire rifles.

Old 06-12-2018, 8:28 PM

Default Tikka T3x TAC A1 Rifle question ?

Anybody out there with a Tikka T3x TAC A1 Rifle
Whats your thoughts on it ? trigger ? accuracy ? action ?
thank you for the information !
Old 06-13-2018, 10:41 AM
Calguns Addict

I don't have one, but I fondled one in a gun shop and seriously considered it. The problem is that the price is in rarified air, around $1700 where I am. There is nothing wrong with the Tikka per se, it's just that for a few hundred more you can get some very cool stuff. The Bergara LRP series, which uses the action they do custom builds on. Or Masterpiece Arms, like the PCR, which is their PRS Production class rifle that retails for $2k. The Bergara and MPA are production line rifles, basically using custom rifle components.

After fondling a number of different cheaper rifles, and then glomming onto the T3x TAC A1, I was all ready to buy the Tikka. Unfortunately for me, that shop also had 2 MPA's, and suddenly the Tikka wasn't good enough any more.
Old 06-14-2018, 8:26 AM

Scamp62, I'll let you know about those details when I get mine out of jail.

I am looking forward to it as the Tikka will be quite an upgrade to my current stable of Savage actions.

(and agreed, those MPA's feel reeeeeeal nice.)
Old 06-14-2018, 3:40 PM

Default Tikka T3x TAC A1 Rifle question ?

Get it. Mine is less than 0.5 moa gun (6.5 creedmore).

Action is very smooth. Well know for Tikka.
Accuracy is great.
Trigger is adjustable. I set mine slightly less than 3 lbs. good enough for my shooting.

My only complaint is the rail is not 20moa.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-14-2018, 4:57 PM

I've had mine for a year. Have several hundred rounds through it. The action is butter smooth, the trigger is awesome (better than the Timney in my friend's Bergara). Accuracy with good ammo is .3 moa.
I shot a Bergara LRP a few times before buying this, I like the Tikka better. As for the price, when I bought mine it was less than an LRP Elite. Yes, there were other Bergara's that were cheaper, so is a Tikka CTR.

The 0 moa rail was a slight annoyance, but when you look at the way the rail and handguard is done it would be hard to do a 20 moa rail. It was easily solved with a 20 moa scope mount from the fine folks at Larue. The mags are pricey....but work excellent, easy to load, easy to insert, they drop freely from the action. The LRP with AICS magpuls are a little clunky compared to the Tikka.

Its alot gun for the money, the folding stock is nice and locks up super tight, there is not a hint of wiggle in mine.