Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Coronavirus/COVID19 Temp Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Coronavirus/COVID19 Temp Forum This is a temporary forum for discussion, debate, sharing and helping each other during and in relation to the Coronavirus/COVID19

Old 01-14-2021, 5:40 PM
Former cabinetguy
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by freonr22 View Post
Do you know where/how you cought it?
I know precisely when, where and from whom.

Can’t somebody do something?!?!?!?!
Old 01-14-2021, 8:07 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaCowboy View Post
Thought control is working on you I see.
At least I think.
I never practiced criminal nor firearms law.Do not rely on my post, but consult your own attorney.
Old 01-14-2021, 8:10 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAN compnerd View Post
OMG!!! If a dictator doesn't tell me what to do every moment of every day of my life I won't know what to do!!!

You live in a world where millions of people live in a state of constant organized chaos, people work, transact business, travel and a thousand other things just because they want to, each of their own free will with no force or direction from a central planner or such.

Why do you want to be mothered?
You think you know what to do? While there is some merit in arguing that everyone should decide what is best for them, those arguments fall apart when they fail to consider the impact of the individual's choices on others. e.g.: You don't want to wear a mask. Fine, stay home or away from others. The problem becomes strained, though, when the rule invades one most private place, the home. Still, there is some argument to be considered. Why should one be allowed to do things even in private if the activity impacts society, as in the instance wear one uses a substance in their home, which the use of injures society. e.g: currently legal substances such as alcohol and cigarettes or currently illegal drugs that at the turn of the vote suddenly are legal. Whether legal or illegal the same substance has the same impact on society, but perhaps even more if legalized should legalization mean more useage and more useage mean more societal damages such as liver damage. Your liver doesn't know if taxes were paid on your drink in which case it may or may not be legal.
I never practiced criminal nor firearms law.Do not rely on my post, but consult your own attorney.

Last edited by Chewy65; 01-14-2021 at 8:22 PM..
Old 01-14-2021, 11:02 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by krypto99 View Post
I don’t think its a hoax but I do think the response to it is way over done. Take reasonable precautions if you are concerned but I’m not fan of Newsom deciding for me what is reasonable.
There's no hoax, and to believe so would mean the person believing this is a mental midget.

BUT, the covid is overblown in the news.. Yes, there are deaths from it, but most of the people I know that got it, got it, and got over it.

Moving on.
Old 01-16-2021, 9:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterb View Post
One good thing about Covid is it kills the unhealthy and has been a wake up call for many in regards to their health. Americans are generally terribly unhealthy, obese tubs of lard.

Lose weight fatty or the Kung Flu gonna get ya!

Not this time around. Wife is seeing 5 or 6 deaths a day, compared to one or less back in the Spring and younger, thinner, healthier people dying too.
Old 01-16-2021, 2:04 PM
Banned

Have the 2020 total deaths numbers come in yet ?
Old 01-16-2021, 2:15 PM
Former cabinetguy
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cup half full View Post
Have the 2020 total deaths numbers come in yet ?

Won’t see them numbers until they can make sure 2020 bigger than the number Biden kills in 2021 even with tests, vents and several vaccines out of the gate.

Old 01-17-2021, 7:11 AM
Veteran Member

Our friend was put on a ventilator. The doc is telling the family it is to give her lungs a rest after being on maximum O2. We hope so, but think not. The last we knew it is hard to get off once on a ventilator. The longer you are on it the harder to get off. This is only her third day so . . .
Old 01-17-2021, 7:27 AM
Global Warming Enthusiast
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mshill View Post
^^^^^ This. The covid will not stop until it has run through the entire population. Theres no starving it. Vaccinate the old folks, and open up.
Makes too much sense, they would lose the control over the population that is getting used to being slaves to the system.

Buy made in USA whenever possible.
Old 01-17-2021, 7:27 AM
Former cabinetguy
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy65 View Post
Our friend was put on a ventilator. The doc is telling the family it is to give her lungs a rest after being on maximum O2. We hope so, but think not. The last we knew it is hard to get off once on a ventilator. The longer you are on it the harder to get off. This is only her third day so . . .
Being put on a vent is not good but it’s not the death sentence it was 6 months ago.

There have been significant improvements made including putting on the vent earlier, positioning the patent face down and some medications.

I’m not saying she’ll be fine but its not hopeless.

Old 01-17-2021, 1:25 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by five.five-six View Post
Being put on a vent is not good but it’s not the death sentence it was 6 months ago.

There have been significant improvements made including putting on the vent earlier, positioning the patent face down and some medications.

I’m not saying she’ll be fine but its not hopeless.
You are correct. She was sucking max O2 for a while. I don't know how long. We can only wait and pray.

I just posted about signing up for vaccination in Orange County if you are 65 or older. You must reside or work in the OC.

My wife and I registered, and I thing we did so within 10 minutes of the site going live, but still have to wait for appointments.
Old 01-17-2021, 1:49 PM
Former cabinetguy
CGN Contributor

give me her first name and I’ll put her in my prayers.

Old 01-17-2021, 2:03 PM
Calguns Addict

Obviously it is not a hoax. What it is is a brilliant plan launched to steal a nation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by epilepticninja View Post
Americans vs. Democrats
We stand for the Anthem, we kneel for the cross

We already have the only reasonable Gun Control we need, It's called the Second Amendment and it's the government it controls.
Old 01-17-2021, 2:08 PM
Calguns Addict

The bug is real. The lockdown was the problem. They wanted to keep the hospitals from being overwhelmed so everyone was isolated. By keeping everyone apart nobody has developed a natural immunity.
They have always said the ultimate death toll would be the same they were just trying not to overwhelm the system.
BTW my 72 year old sister has it now but as she says "not too bad" we've got fingers crossed.
Old 01-17-2021, 4:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by five.five-six View Post
I know precisely when, where and from whom.

Anything you can share with us on what you did wrong, where you let your guard down?

My pop and uncle got it, and thank God fully recovered.

Pop 71, drinker, occasional smoker, high blood pressure - was tired for two days.

Uncle 74-5, light drinker, daily cigar smoker, big belly but in good shape. Asymptomatic.

But then you read about the 30 yo track star who gets it and drops dead a day later.

This thing is no joke, it is not a hoax. Some are very fortunate like pop and uncle and therefore lead others to believe its a joke. Others however are not so fortunate. My bud from Europe who’s seen a lot pass from the virus summed it up the best. He says it’s like watching a game of Russian roulette.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-17-2021, 6:25 PM

We pray at this stuff ends someday, it’s funny anymore people are dying outside there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-17-2021, 7:10 PM

My wife and I started our quarantine yesterday. She started showing symptoms and we both got tested. Both positive. She blew through almost every possible cold/flu symptom in a 24 hour period. I’ve been nearly asymptomatic. Only maybe a throat that constantly feels like it needs to be cleared and running nose. We both feel fine after 36-48 hours.

As of now, we are making sure my MIL keeps us informed of how she is. My wife last had contact with her on Wed so I think if she’s clear by this Wed she’ll be in the clear. She is 78 and lotsa comorbidities.

I’ll just be out of work for at least a week. My wife is a teacher and has been teaching from home since March. I can work from home. I think the only thing that will most affect my wife and I is the sheer boredom and inability to decide on meals, lol.