Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #3121  
Old 10-10-2019, 12:19 AM
HardToChooseName HardToChooseName is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 2
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCW1OC View Post
Is anyone waiting for longer than 60 days? I never received any emails indicating that it was submitted for final approval. All documents were submitted in early August.

Should I call to check-in?
I’m about 70 days in, CCW1OC.

All documents (including training) submitted prior to interview, and LiveScan done the day before. Not sure exactly when OCSD received LiveScan info however.

Interview on 08/01/19.

I reached out on 10/01/19 to confirm they were not waiting on any documentation from me, and was told that my application has been submitted for final review.
Reply With Quote
  #3122  
Old 10-10-2019, 8:19 AM
tasdevl tasdevl is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 23
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9Cal_OC View Post
You’ll have to submit an amendment online. Then you’ll be notified when it’s ready to be picked up. Just upload ID and qualification of new firearm(s).
Just FYI, submitted my most recent amendment on Friday and was approved the following Tuesday.
Reply With Quote
  #3123  
Old 10-11-2019, 12:52 PM
patohunter patohunter is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Orange Kounty, People's Republik of Kalifornia
Posts: 1
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default Orange County CCW Timeline and Experience

This is my first post, I normally just read and gather information from everyone. Thanks for all of the info in the previous posts. It helped me expedite the process.

1. September 14, 2019 Took Artemis Defense Institute Class
2. September 15, 2019 Completed Artemis Defense Instituted Class
3. September 18, 2019 Live Scan Finger Prints
4. September 17, 2019 Uploaded all required documents minus good cause.
5. September 21, 2019 Uploaded Good Cause Statement
6. September 22, 2019 Set OCSD Interview Appt. for October 10, 2019
7. October 10, 2019 OC CCW Permit Issued

27 Days total start to finish
Still haven't received UT permit

Last edited by patohunter; 10-11-2019 at 12:58 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #3124  
Old 10-11-2019, 2:28 PM
HardToChooseName HardToChooseName is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 2
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by patohunter View Post
This is my first post, I normally just read and gather information from everyone. Thanks for all of the info in the previous posts. It helped me expedite the process.

1. September 14, 2019 Took Artemis Defense Institute Class
2. September 15, 2019 Completed Artemis Defense Instituted Class
3. September 18, 2019 Live Scan Finger Prints
4. September 17, 2019 Uploaded all required documents minus good cause.
5. September 21, 2019 Uploaded Good Cause Statement
6. September 22, 2019 Set OCSD Interview Appt. for October 10, 2019
7. October 10, 2019 OC CCW Permit Issued

27 Days total start to finish
Still haven't received UT permit

Oh wow, issued the same day as your interview?

Did your interviewer just ask you to stick around while they got it approved, or did you get a call later that day?

Hopefully that speed is a good sign for those of us still waiting.
Reply With Quote
  #3125  
Old 10-14-2019, 6:20 AM
Browneye's Avatar
Browneye Browneye is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: North OC - So-Cal
Posts: 746
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCW1OC View Post
Is anyone waiting for longer than 60 days? I never received any emails indicating that it was submitted for final approval. All documents were submitted in early August.

Should I call to check-in?
Sure - drop them an email or call.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbybouche82 View Post
Sent email to assigned investigator and email me back in 48 hours stating that

"Your application is still in the final review process"

Not sure what that means any suggestions?
It means you have to wait. Could be a week or two, could be a month or two. They were kicking them out quite quickly but now it appears it's slowed back down again.
__________________
1911 Shooter
Reply With Quote
  #3126  
Old 10-15-2019, 8:57 AM
jctheguy's Avatar
jctheguy jctheguy is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: North Orange County
Posts: 1,023
iTrader: 110 / 100%
Default

FYI - Applied for renewal yesterday and submitted all docs. Was able to pay the fees ($82) online with a CC.
Reply With Quote
  #3127  
Old 10-15-2019, 9:06 AM
S.O.A.R.'s Avatar
S.O.A.R. S.O.A.R. is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Southern Crappifornia.
Posts: 283
iTrader: 8 / 100%
Default

I heard something about in some states, a veteran with honorable discharge dd214 can get expedited, or just granted ccw. Is this true? And what is CA stance on this?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #3128  
Old 10-15-2019, 9:39 AM
9Cal_OC's Avatar
9Cal_OC 9Cal_OC is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Orange County
Posts: 359
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.O.A.R. View Post
I heard something about in some states, a veteran with honorable discharge dd214 can get expedited, or just granted ccw. Is this true? And what is CA stance on this?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
True for FL. CA, not so much. Depends on IA.
__________________
Freedom isn't free...
Reply With Quote
  #3129  
Old 10-15-2019, 8:58 PM
Erion929's Avatar
Erion929 Erion929 is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: So. Orange County, CA.
Posts: 4,099
iTrader: 65 / 100%
Default

I’m at 2 months/10 days since OC renewal app sent in and my CCW license expired this past week....sucks to have only a knife, lol.

I have my 4-hr training and gun qualifier certificates, but haven’t sent them in....waiting for conditional approval, trying to be orderly so nothing gets “lost”.

I’m itchy to send the certs in, but guess I’ll wait.......


.
__________________
Join Active Junky for online rebates....$10 to both you and me!

https://www.activejunky.com/invite/238017


—“Who, that fuggin’ nobody?

—“That fuggin’ nobody........was John Wick!
Reply With Quote
  #3130  
Old 10-16-2019, 7:21 AM
Browneye's Avatar
Browneye Browneye is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: North OC - So-Cal
Posts: 746
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

You can submit them any time. Some of the trainers submit them for you.
__________________
1911 Shooter
Reply With Quote
  #3131  
Old 10-16-2019, 3:52 PM
Ldo Ldo is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 39
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tasdevl View Post
Just FYI, submitted my most recent amendment on Friday and was approved the following Tuesday.
Did you receive email notification right away after your online application? I did the Amendment application a couple days ago, but didn't get any confirmation email.
Reply With Quote
  #3132  
Old 10-18-2019, 10:00 PM
zer01 zer01 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 7
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbybouche82 View Post
Sent email to assigned investigator and email me back in 48 hours stating that

"Your application is still in the final review process"

Not sure what that means any suggestions?
Your interviewer gave you their contact information? I emailed their general email almost a month ago asking a question about my application and have still yet to hear back.
Reply With Quote
  #3133  
Old 10-19-2019, 4:47 AM
johnpatrick johnpatrick is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 15
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zer01 View Post
Your interviewer gave you their contact information? I emailed their general email almost a month ago asking a question about my application and have still yet to hear back.
Yes the deputy that interviewed me gave me her email address. She was very good at answering emails and keeping me informed.
Reply With Quote
  #3134  
Old 10-19-2019, 10:22 AM
zer01 zer01 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 7
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnpatrick View Post
Yes the deputy that interviewed me gave me her email address. She was very good at answering emails and keeping me informed.
Lucky! Just double checked my forms I brought with me in case I misplaced his card.. no such luck. I guess I'll give it another two weeks and then email them again. I never have success calling in, I wonder why they even list a phone number.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 2:34 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2018, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.
Calguns.net and The Calguns Foundation have no affiliation and are in no way related to each other.
All opinions, statements and remarks made by Calguns.net on this web site and elsewhere are solely attributable to Calguns.net.