Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > GENERAL DISCUSSION > General gun discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General gun discussions This is a place to lounge and discuss firearm related topics with other forum members.

Old 03-01-2013, 10:36 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Default Magpul Boulder Airlift!

Props again to Magpul for moving pmags to folks that need them!
"Bruen, the Bruen opinion, I believe, discarded the intermediate scrutiny test that I also thought was not very useful; and has, instead, replaced it with a text history and tradition test." Judge Benitez 12-12-2022

NRA Endowment Life Member, CRPA Life Member
GLOCK (Gen 1-5, G42/43), Colt AR15/M16/M4, Sig P320, Sig P365, Beretta 90 series, Remington 870, HK UMP Factory Armorer
Remington Nylon, 1911, HK, Ruger, Hudson H9 Armorer, just for fun!
I instruct it if you shoot it.
Old 03-01-2013, 10:38 AM
Calguns Addict

x2
Old 03-01-2013, 12:06 PM

Yeah "PROPS" for a company that just came out and said "we will continue to sell to LEO/LEA in areas that don't allow their citizens to own high capacity mags"

Stand up F#@KING guys over there at Magpul.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stix213
Maybe I should quit my job and just OC all day until my money train pulls up and unjustly arrests me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Window_Seat View Post
OK, I don't know everything about Congress (except that it's the opposite of "progress" )
Old 03-01-2013, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FF/EMT Nick View Post
Yeah "PROPS" for a company that just came out and said "we will continue to sell to LEO/LEA in areas that don't allow their citizens to own high capacity mags"

THIS. wish magpul would grow a set and stand up to the man.
Old 03-01-2013, 2:13 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:

In fairness.. LEO are NOT the ones keeping us from having STANDARD capacity mags..

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony270 View Post
It's easy to be a keyboard warrior, you would melt like wax in front of me, you wouldn't be able to move your lips.
Member: Patron member NRA, lifetime member SAF, CRPA
Old 03-01-2013, 2:51 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve1968LS2 View Post
In fairness.. LEO are NOT the ones keeping us from having STANDARD capacity mags..
No, but they're on the leash of those that ARE responsible.

"Let your gun therefore be the constant companion of your walks." -Thomas Jefferson
, in a letter to his nephew Peter Carr dated August 19, 1785
Old 03-01-2013, 4:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fate View Post
No, but they're on the leash of those that ARE responsible.
So what would you suggest the LEOs on the leash do? Stand up to the leash holders? And how long before long before the LEOs who'd dare to stand up against their superiors get fired? Easier said than done. Not productive for the cause. Stop blaming the LEOs. They are not the problem. Your legislators are the problem. Your anti-gun Sheriffs and Chiefs are the problem. The beat cop? Not so much.

Last edited by coverme2; 03-01-2013 at 4:55 PM..
Old 03-01-2013, 5:29 PM

Quote:
No, but to sell to LEO when they can't sell to other citizens is tantamount to tacit approval of the dual class of citizens.

I was pulling for Magpul since they were going to say a big FU to Colorado.

They can pull themselves to a happy ending. I just cancelled the pending order I had a Brownells for a 10 pack of 30 rounders.
Old 03-01-2013, 5:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmichini View Post
No, but to sell to LEO when they can't sell to other citizens is tantamount to tacit approval of the dual class of citizens.

I was pulling for Magpul since they were going to say a big FU to Colorado.

They can pull themselves to a happy ending. I just cancelled the pending order I had a Brownells for a 10 pack of 30 rounders.
You're late. Magpul caved- no LE/Gov sales to Ban States.
Old 03-03-2013, 2:27 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
ummmm, no, but it is at their discretion to enforce such illegal unconstitutional laws

10mm. Because .45ACP just doesn't cut it anymore. <Trailerparktrash>
Old 03-01-2013, 2:59 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:

Yeah, I found that out last night. They are keeping the "two classes of citizens" alive and well.
Old 03-01-2013, 1:06 PM
Banned

yup.
Old 03-01-2013, 4:42 PM
Calguns Addict

Last I heard they were moving out of CO. That must have changed?

A member of The Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club
Old 03-02-2013, 3:59 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Selling to your CO neighbors at pre-frenzy pricing and delivering product now, pre-ban, is a good thing just by itself IMO.
Old 03-03-2013, 6:11 AM

3/1/13 Regarding LEO Sales.

Back in 1990, when I was deployed in Desert Shield and Desert Storm as a Marine grunt, some companies prioritized me items for my M16 for shipping that I purchased with my own funds. After getting out and forming Magpul in 1999, I established the same priority policy for Military and Law Enforcement, due to the requirements of their profession.

The same policy has been in place for 13 years now and has never been an issue until a few days ago. I do not support the idea that individual police officers should be punished for the actions of their elected officials. That said, I understand the concerns that some have with Law Enforcement officers getting special treatment while at the same time denouncing 2nd amendment rights to another citizen in the same state.

With the fight in Colorado right now we do not have time to implement a new program, so I have suspended all LE sales to ban states until we can implement a system wherein any Law Enforcement officer buying for duty use will have to promise to uphold their oath to the US Constitution - specifically the second and fourteenth amendments - as it applies to all citizens.

Richard Fitzpatrick- President/CEO -Founder
Magpul Industries Corp
Old 03-03-2013, 1:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by section31 View Post
3/1/13 Regarding LEO Sales.

Back in 1990, when I was deployed in Desert Shield and Desert Storm as a Marine grunt, some companies prioritized me items for my M16 for shipping that I purchased with my own funds. After getting out and forming Magpul in 1999, I established the same priority policy for Military and Law Enforcement, due to the requirements of their profession.

The same policy has been in place for 13 years now and has never been an issue until a few days ago. I do not support the idea that individual police officers should be punished for the actions of their elected officials. That said, I understand the concerns that some have with Law Enforcement officers getting special treatment while at the same time denouncing 2nd amendment rights to another citizen in the same state.

With the fight in Colorado right now we do not have time to implement a new program, so I have suspended all LE sales to ban states until we can implement a system wherein any Law Enforcement officer buying for duty use will have to promise to uphold their oath to the US Constitution - specifically the second and fourteenth amendments - as it applies to all citizens.

Richard Fitzpatrick- President/CEO -Founder
Magpul Industries Corp
Are there any stats anywhere that show local LEOs (State, Counties, and Municipalities) actually arresting law-abiding citizens for possession or use of so-called recently prohibited or banned firearms-related items? When was the last time any otherwise law-abiding citizen here or there was arrested for allegedly violating big govt's liberal twist on the language/meaning/intent of our 2nd Amendment? I'd like to know because I've been to several ranges here in SoCal and what I've seen so far are like-minded responsible and apparently law-abiding firearms enthusiasts minding their own business as they enjoy their hobby.

I fully realize that NO ONE wants to be a "test", but I've yet to personally see someone get arrested at a range for using a hi-cap pistol mag or drop a mag from an AR without a tool. This being said, I can't help but believe that the local on and off-duty cops at the range could care less about the "new" laws and just want firearms enthusiasts to be responsible....unless some spineless anti-2A crybaby wimp takes the time to be a snitch and point the alleged offender out.

(Edit: I'm not advocating the intentional violation of our firearms laws any more than I'm telling folks to exceed the posted speed limits just because that's how people drive anyway...10~15mph over when we've all taken our chances...and the cops look the other way. All I'm saying is that the chances of someone intentionally or inadvertently inserting a large-capacity mag into a BB'd AR and not use a "tool" to remove the mag could happen...and it probably has and we just never knew about it or cared. And no one to my knowledge has ever been arrested for it...which means to me the local cops aren't necessarily looking for it.)

Last edited by coverme2; 03-03-2013 at 2:02 PM..
Old 03-03-2013, 2:16 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coverme2 View Post
Are there any stats anywhere that show local LEOs (State, Counties, and Municipalities) actually arresting law-abiding citizens for possession or use of so-called recently prohibited or banned firearms-related items? When was the last time any otherwise law-abiding citizen here or there was arrested for allegedly violating big govt's liberal twist on the language/meaning/intent of our 2nd Amendment? I'd like to know because I've been to several ranges here in SoCal and what I've seen so far are like-minded responsible and apparently law-abiding firearms enthusiasts minding their own business as they enjoy their hobby.

I fully realize that NO ONE wants to be a "test", but I've yet to personally see someone get arrested at a range for using a hi-cap pistol mag or drop a mag from an AR without a tool. This being said, I can't help but believe that the local on and off-duty cops at the range could care less about the "new" laws and just want firearms enthusiasts to be responsible....unless some spineless anti-2A crybaby wimp takes the time to be a snitch and point the alleged offender out.

(Edit: I'm not advocating the intentional violation of our firearms laws any more than I'm telling folks to exceed the posted speed limits just because that's how people drive anyway...10~15mph over when we've all taken our chances...and the cops look the other way. All I'm saying is that the chances of someone intentionally or inadvertently inserting a large-capacity mag into a BB'd AR and not use a "tool" to remove the mag could happen...and it probably has and we just never knew about it or cared. And no one to my knowledge has ever been arrested for it...which means to me the local cops aren't necessarily looking for it.)
If you are asking if people have been arrested for being in possession of "assault weapons" in this state when the firearms were in fact not, then the answer is yes. If you are asking if people in this state have been arrested for possessing "high capacity" magazines, the answer is yes.
Old 03-03-2013, 2:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roushstage2 View Post
If you are asking if people have been arrested for being in possession of "assault weapons" in this state when the firearms were in fact not, then the answer is yes. If you are asking if people in this state have been arrested for possessing "high capacity" magazines, the answer is yes.
Yes, I have read/heard/seen the news of criminals being charged for being in possession of firearms/components they are prohibited from possessing....usually after they've been caught committing a crime. But what about the law-abiding citizen who lawfully possessed items and has been made into a criminal just by some new gun laws? Have or are the local LEOs looking for and arresting these citizens? If they are arresting and charging I haven't seen or heard. And I'm guessing its because most cops do respect the 2A. Maybe their politically motivated top bosses don't?

Last edited by coverme2; 03-03-2013 at 3:08 PM..
Old 03-03-2013, 6:40 AM
Veteran Member

Better faster warmer
Old 03-03-2013, 7:52 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Yup!!
Old 03-03-2013, 11:59 PM
Veteran Member

The first one, possession of a [non] assault weapon, yes: people have gotten in trouble when a LEO simply inspected the weapon. Whether it was because they were out shooting on BLM (a Ranger in that case) or told the LEO at a traffic stop that they did have a firearm when asked. The second I cannot recall any exact story like the previous, but I also would have a hard time believing that it has never happened like the AW thing.
Old 03-04-2013, 1:33 PM
Calguns Addict

My brother and I just scored 15 - at PROPER retail pricing - on the first come first served order. Works for me.
Old 03-05-2013, 7:35 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911su16b870 View Post
Props again to Magpul for moving pmags to folks that need them!
I already signed up. Just waiting to have my info verified.

I'm thinking six 30-rounders and four 20-rounders.

CLICK HERE for a San Diego County WIN!

CLICK HERE to read my research review on the fight-or-flight response and its application to firearm training
Old 03-05-2013, 10:55 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Excellent news my CO bretheren! Sweet!
"Bruen, the Bruen opinion, I believe, discarded the intermediate scrutiny test that I also thought was not very useful; and has, instead, replaced it with a text history and tradition test." Judge Benitez 12-12-2022

NRA Endowment Life Member, CRPA Life Member
GLOCK (Gen 1-5, G42/43), Colt AR15/M16/M4, Sig P320, Sig P365, Beretta 90 series, Remington 870, HK UMP Factory Armorer
Remington Nylon, 1911, HK, Ruger, Hudson H9 Armorer, just for fun!
I instruct it if you shoot it.
Old 03-05-2013, 11:32 AM

My Colorado buddy bought 15 of those mags.
Old 03-05-2013, 12:25 PM
Mit Gott und Mauser
CGN Contributor

Location: The People's Glorious Republik of Southern Kalifornistan

What difference does any of this make in California? You are limited to 10 rd mags regardless of what Magpul does.
Old 03-05-2013, 3:29 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Ricigliano View Post
What difference does any of this make in California? You are limited to 10 rd mags regardless of what Magpul does.
First of all, not everyone here is CA resident. Many states are represented here.

Second, it helped this CA resident as my brother is a CO resident so he bought his 15 and now, I get 7 of them. And I get 7 of them not at $70 a piece, not at $60 a piece, not at $50 a piece, but at proper $17 retail.
Old 03-05-2013, 12:50 PM

Sweet, just sent this to my friends in Aurora.

Hopefully it is not per household/address so that both him and his wife can both order.

- I believe in Safety ALWAYS. Bad things happen if you only do it first...
Old 03-05-2013, 5:21 PM
Veteran Member

Just put in my order for 10 mags! WOO HOO!!!

CLICK HERE for a San Diego County WIN!

CLICK HERE to read my research review on the fight-or-flight response and its application to firearm training