Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated Centerfire rifles, carbines and other gas operated rifles.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-22-2014, 11:59 PM
Raptor3000 Raptor3000 is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,581
iTrader: 23 / 100%
Default franklin armory billet lower

Turners have it under discontinued item and ammo bros has them for sale for $99.99,
Is the company discontinuing this billet lower? Or is it not selling?

thinking about picking one, what do you guys think?

thanks
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-23-2014, 12:12 AM
far from tactical's Avatar
far from tactical far from tactical is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Ventura County, Ca
Posts: 1,380
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor3000 View Post
Turners have it under discontinued item and ammo bros has them for sale for $99.99,
Is the company discontinuing this billet lower? Or is it not selling?

thinking about picking one, what do you guys think?

thanks
I know that reason turners have them so low cause that have a lot in there warehous and they want to get rid of them I guess there plan backfired thinking there will be a lot of ppl wanting to spending 300 for them
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-23-2014, 12:12 AM
Junkie's Avatar
Junkie Junkie is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 4,671
iTrader: 20 / 100%
Default

If you like the look of a billet lower that sounds like a great price to me.
__________________
I will never buy another Spikes Tactical item, as I have a 5.45 marked barrel from them with a 5.56 bore that keyholed at 25 yards, and they wouldn't replace it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSACANNONEER View Post
A real live woman is more expensive than a fleshlight. Which would you rather have?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-23-2014, 12:19 AM
40calibre 40calibre is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 471
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Those billet lowers look nice, kinda wish I had waited to buy a lower now.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-23-2014, 10:14 AM
Mitch's Avatar
Mitch Mitch is offline
Mostly Harmless
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Reno
Posts: 6,564
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40calibre View Post
Those billet lowers look nice, kinda wish I had waited to buy a lower now.
That's a great price for a billet lower. At that price, why not buy one or two?

For a while I've had my FFL toss a couple lowers onto the DROS every time I transferred a firearm. It's a pain in the neck now that each lower has to be registered (takes a long to to do that DROS now), but I now have a cardboard box full of stripped lowers waiting for projects.

Lowers are cheap and don't take up much space. Get some spares.


Edit: Where are you guys getting the $99 figure from? Turners' on-line ad says they are $150.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by cockedandglocked View Post
Getting called a DOJ shill has become a rite of passage around here. I've certainly been called that more than once - I've even seen Kes get called that. I haven't seen Red-O get called that yet, which is very suspicious to me, and means he's probably a DOJ shill.

Last edited by Mitch; 02-23-2014 at 10:21 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-23-2014, 6:01 PM
Raptor3000 Raptor3000 is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,581
iTrader: 23 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post

Edit: Where are you guys getting the $99 figure from? Turners' on-line ad says they are $150.
Not Turners, Ammo bros have them for $99.99.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-23-2014, 12:40 AM
Checkk's Avatar
Checkk Checkk is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Corona, CA
Posts: 933
iTrader: 62 / 100%
Blog Entries: 1
Default

I've seen these lower in person at Turner's before. They do look really nice but I think the MSRP on them were $250-275. I guess Franklin Armory doesn't have the appeal to most people like other companies like BCM, DD, Noveske, Spike, Etc. I suspect during the panic they probably placed tons of orders from Franklin Armory, when they finally got them in, supplies probably stated catching up with the demand. With a high MSRP like that it probably didn't sale so well. If I paid that much for a billet lower, I rather pick up a Mega Billet lower for less. But at $100 a pop thats a steal for a billet lower.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-23-2014, 7:07 AM
bsumoba's Avatar
bsumoba bsumoba is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 3,846
iTrader: 71 / 99%
Default

i love my franklin billet lower.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-23-2014, 7:27 AM
EMR EMR is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: OC
Posts: 756
iTrader: 41 / 100%
Default

It's a great lower for what it is. I bought one for full retail price last year. $99 for a decent billet lower is a good deal in my book.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-23-2014, 7:30 AM
TheDigitalPicasso's Avatar
TheDigitalPicasso TheDigitalPicasso is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,713
iTrader: 31 / 100%
Default

I have their regular lowers and it's one of the best quality lowers I've ever owned. As fare as the billet lowers they have the one thing that I did not like about them is the QD sockets on the side of the lower where the select fire is. Other then that they make some good stuff.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 02-23-2014, 8:23 AM
coy80176's Avatar
coy80176 coy80176 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Palookaville, Californication
Posts: 1,751
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Arrow Great price...

I recently won a FA billet lower from a PD raffle...now I'm waiting for the billet upper to go on sale
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 02-26-2014, 2:25 PM
franklinarmory's Avatar
franklinarmory franklinarmory is offline
Vendor/Retailer
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Morgan Hill
Posts: 1,409
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor3000 View Post
Turners have it under discontinued item and ammo bros has them for sale for $99.99,
Is the company discontinuing this billet lower? Or is it not selling?

thinking about picking one, what do you guys think?

thanks
No, we are not discontinuing them! In fact, if I could spare another $70,000 right now, I would buy every last one of the lowers back! We still ship hundreds of guns using that exact same lower. Honestly guys, Ammo Bros is selling them for less than what it costs us to make them. You will never see prices like this again.

That being said, we will never again do business with Ammo Bros. Their willful violation of our MAP policy has hurt all of our dealers in the area.
I suppose Ammo Bros thought it was better to sell their inventory for a major loss instead of waiting for the bankruptcy court to do it.
__________________

www.franklinarmory.com
info@franklinarmory.com
ONLINE STORE: http://franklin-armory.myshopify.com/
Franklin Armory - Manufacturer of Quality, California Legal AR's, the F17 Series rimfire rifles in 17 WSM, the CSW, the Release Firing System, the Binary Firing System, and the NEW DFM Magazine!!!
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 02-26-2014, 2:31 PM
omgwtfbbq's Avatar
omgwtfbbq omgwtfbbq is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: North Sac Valley
Posts: 3,073
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by franklinarmory View Post
No, we are not discontinuing them! In fact, if I could spare another $70,000 right now, I would buy every last one of the lowers back! We still ship hundreds of guns using that exact same lower. Honestly guys, Ammo Bros is selling them for less than what it costs us to make them. You will never see prices like this again.

That being said, we will never again do business with Ammo Bros. Their willful violation of our MAP policy has hurt all of our dealers in the area.
I suppose Ammo Bros thought it was better to sell their inventory for a major loss instead of waiting for the bankruptcy court to do it.
Just a side note, but I have to assume that working for Franklin Armory or any of the other manufacturers and vendors who post on CGN regularly has to be one of the coolest gigs ever. You get to work with guns all day and you get to cruise CGN.... and you get PAID to do it.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 03-01-2014, 3:53 PM
SRedmon's Avatar
SRedmon SRedmon is offline
Vendor/Retailer
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Perris, San Diego, Cerritos, Ontario, Riverside, Santa Ana
Posts: 369
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by franklinarmory View Post
No, we are not discontinuing them! In fact, if I could spare another $70,000 right now, I would buy every last one of the lowers back! We still ship hundreds of guns using that exact same lower. Honestly guys, Ammo Bros is selling them for less than what it costs us to make them. You will never see prices like this again.

That being said, we will never again do business with Ammo Bros. Their willful violation of our MAP policy has hurt all of our dealers in the area.
I suppose Ammo Bros thought it was better to sell their inventory for a major loss instead of waiting for the bankruptcy court to do it.
Yes, it is true! we are selling these below cost (because the cost is way to high). In the current market similar lowers are retailing for less than what our cost was. It may be a violation of their MAP policy, but many CLEARANCE sales are. Franklin may have not discontinued this item, but we have.

We decided not to do business with Franklin ever again long ago. We joined them on their venture to expand their business by helping to fund their machine to build these lowers. In the end, they tried to screw us!

BTW... we are no where near bankruptcy. We are currently looking to open 2 more stores in the near future (so be on the look out for those).

I wish you had $70,000 to buy these back from us too! Maybe you're closer to bankruptcy than we are???
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 03-01-2014, 7:55 PM
JWHuey's Avatar
JWHuey JWHuey is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: I prefer blue waffles to oysters.
Posts: 2,166
iTrader: 44 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRedmon View Post
Yes, it is true! we are selling these below cost (because the cost is way to high). In the current market similar lowers are retailing for less than what our cost was. It may be a violation of their MAP policy, but many CLEARANCE sales are. Franklin may have not discontinued this item, but we have.

We decided not to do business with Franklin ever again long ago. We joined them on their venture to expand their business by helping to fund their machine to build these lowers. In the end, they tried to screw us!

BTW... we are no where near bankruptcy. We are currently looking to open 2 more stores in the near future (so be on the look out for those).

I wish you had $70,000 to buy these back from us too! Maybe you're closer to bankruptcy than we are???
Um. Awkward...
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 02-26-2014, 2:33 PM
blkside's Avatar
blkside blkside is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: TEMECULA
Posts: 1,624
iTrader: 18 / 100%
Default

I have never been a fan of Ammo brothers and this is the reason why. They were the first and the highest gougers in the area after Sandy Hook and I think they just suck in general. I went in there one time and was to say the least not impressed.

Bankruptcy huh? Maybe too much money placed in the panic prices instead of long term business like Faith Armory in Temecula....
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyNorCal View Post
If I'm going to spend money to touch a woman then it's going to be at a Nevada brothel, on Craiglist hooker, or trolling the streets in a camper van.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 02-26-2014, 2:44 PM
Powder_Keg's Avatar
Powder_Keg Powder_Keg is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Chavez Ravine, Go Blue!
Posts: 1,460
iTrader: 57 / 100%
Default

I had a Franklin lower, but sold it to another Calgunner. Ended up going with a Mega lower with matching upper. If you can get the Franklin lower at that price and a matching upper at a good price, I say go for it. The quality of the Franklin looked good to me.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bangzoom View Post
My rule for when you are in a dilemma is...make dilemonaide

For Sale and Want to Buy
WTS Grips Grips Grips 1911 CZ Sig
WTB Glock 10mm Lone Wolf 9" Barrel
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 02-26-2014, 2:50 PM
ChrisBrooklyn ChrisBrooklyn is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: San Diego
Posts: 1,305
iTrader: 10 / 100%
Default

Love my Franklin billet. 99 is a steal
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 02-26-2014, 2:53 PM
bsumoba's Avatar
bsumoba bsumoba is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 3,846
iTrader: 71 / 99%
Default

franklins are now showing on the website for $230...
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 02-26-2014, 3:04 PM
brix's Avatar
brix brix is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: I'm going going back back go Cali Cali...
Posts: 450
iTrader: 15 / 100%
Default

I bought mine about a year ago when Oak Tree Gun club had a sale on them. Well built lower with a lot of great features.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 02-27-2014, 2:24 PM
Raptor3000 Raptor3000 is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,581
iTrader: 23 / 100%
Default

I will get one from ammo bros, this weekend.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 02-27-2014, 2:35 PM
kalieracer's Avatar
kalieracer kalieracer is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 3,189
iTrader: 24 / 100%
Default

They are nice lowers, not a fan of the QR sling bosses on the buffer tube tower... Sounds like a good deal.
__________________

"Gawd, asks a qustion, gets two good answers, denies/ still doesn't get it.

This is the kinda person that shouldn't be building things- go store bought.
Bill Wiese"
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 02-27-2014, 2:51 PM
Raptor3000 Raptor3000 is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,581
iTrader: 23 / 100%
Default

I am getting it just because its $99.99. I paid like $150 for mega arms forged lower 4-5 months back.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 02-27-2014, 2:55 PM
CLOUT's Avatar
CLOUT CLOUT is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Socal | 626 SGV
Posts: 477
iTrader: 50 / 100%
Default

Going after work! $99.00 is a deal
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 02-27-2014, 2:57 PM
Baboosh's Avatar
Baboosh Baboosh is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Alta Loma
Posts: 6,799
iTrader: 170 / 100%
Default

Am I the only one that wants to hear more about Ammo Brothers going BK?

*edit: was just hearsay apparently
__________________
Just a normal guy

Last edited by Baboosh; 02-27-2014 at 5:42 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 02-27-2014, 3:02 PM
Raptor3000 Raptor3000 is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,581
iTrader: 23 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baboosh View Post
Am I the only one that wants to hear more about Ammo Brothers going BK?
are they filing for bankruptcy?

Last edited by Raptor3000; 02-27-2014 at 3:08 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 02-27-2014, 3:13 PM
Baboosh's Avatar
Baboosh Baboosh is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Alta Loma
Posts: 6,799
iTrader: 170 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor3000 View Post
are they filing for bankruptcy?
According to a post in this thread maybe. First I've heard about it.

*edit: was just hearsay apparently


Quote:
Originally Posted by franklinarmory View Post
No, we are not discontinuing them! In fact, if I could spare another $70,000 right now, I would buy every last one of the lowers back! We still ship hundreds of guns using that exact same lower. Honestly guys, Ammo Bros is selling them for less than what it costs us to make them. You will never see prices like this again.

That being said, we will never again do business with Ammo Bros. Their willful violation of our MAP policy has hurt all of our dealers in the area.
I suppose Ammo Bros thought it was better to sell their inventory for a major loss instead of waiting for the bankruptcy court to do it.
__________________
Just a normal guy

Last edited by Baboosh; 02-27-2014 at 5:43 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 02-28-2014, 9:50 PM
Raptor3000 Raptor3000 is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,581
iTrader: 23 / 100%
Default

I just DROS'ed a Franklin Billet lower at Ammo bros in Cerritos.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 03-01-2014, 10:28 AM
WyattandDoc WyattandDoc is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 755
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

I was one of the panic buyers that paid $300.00. Shame on me but I bought into the panic. That being said, I LOVE the lower.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 03-01-2014, 11:03 AM
Predator's Avatar
Predator Predator is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 345
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Showing at $239.99 now, did we miss the boat on this deal?
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 03-01-2014, 7:08 PM
Impatient1's Avatar
Impatient1 Impatient1 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: So Cal
Posts: 121
iTrader: 8 / 100%
Default

Must be something to be said if reputable companies such as Turners and Ammo Bros both are choosing not to carry a certain brand. I will say it has nothing to do with the quality of the lower but merely the manner in which that company conducts it business with the companies that took a major gamble on Franklin Armory and decided to spend their money to help Franklin grow. Also throwing out such accusations as Ammo Bros. going bankrupt can be perceived as wreck less slander and can be a legal issue! So for now take advantage of a great price on a great billet lower!
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 03-04-2014, 6:27 PM
franklinarmory's Avatar
franklinarmory franklinarmory is offline
Vendor/Retailer
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Morgan Hill
Posts: 1,409
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRedmon View Post
Yes, it is true! we are selling these below cost (because the cost is way to high). In the current market similar lowers are retailing for less than what our cost was. It may be a violation of their MAP policy, but many CLEARANCE sales are. Franklin may have not discontinued this item, but we have.

We decided not to do business with Franklin ever again long ago. We joined them on their venture to expand their business by helping to fund their machine to build these lowers. In the end, they tried to screw us!

BTW... we are no where near bankruptcy. We are currently looking to open 2 more stores in the near future (so be on the look out for those).

I wish you had $70,000 to buy these back from us too! Maybe you're closer to bankruptcy than we are???
Scott, we have never tried to screw you. We delivered the product you ordered as fast as humanly possible. Yet several months ago, we noticed that you started to discount Libertas lowers below MAP. We didnít say anything at first, but now you have the gumption to sell the lowers below what it actually costs us to make them and claim that we are screwing you?!

Letís face it, you bought more product than you could handle, and now you are trying to dump them on the market for operating cash. (Önot a good long term business model, BTW.) If it wasnít for the fact that you are selling other California brands well below cost, I would think that this was a divisive move on your part to attack our brand. It is ridiculous that you didnít bother contacting us earlier to see if we would buy them back. To that end, how many lowers do you have left? At that price, I might be able to work something out in the near future.

Lastly, some may call this mud slinging, but if your neighbor tries to bastardize your name, youíd be a fool not to say something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impatient1 View Post
Must be something to be said if reputable companies such as Turners and Ammo Bros both are choosing not to carry a certain brand
Not true. Ammo Bros is the only company we have ceased to do business with. Öagain for blatant MAP violations.
__________________

www.franklinarmory.com
info@franklinarmory.com
ONLINE STORE: http://franklin-armory.myshopify.com/
Franklin Armory - Manufacturer of Quality, California Legal AR's, the F17 Series rimfire rifles in 17 WSM, the CSW, the Release Firing System, the Binary Firing System, and the NEW DFM Magazine!!!
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 03-06-2014, 9:48 AM
SRedmon's Avatar
SRedmon SRedmon is offline
Vendor/Retailer
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Perris, San Diego, Cerritos, Ontario, Riverside, Santa Ana
Posts: 369
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by franklinarmory View Post
Scott, we have never tried to screw you. We delivered the product you ordered as fast as humanly possible. Yet several months ago, we noticed that you started to discount Libertas lowers below MAP. We didnít say anything at first, but now you have the gumption to sell the lowers below what it actually costs us to make them and claim that we are screwing you?!

Letís face it, you bought more product than you could handle, and now you are trying to dump them on the market for operating cash. (Önot a good long term business model, BTW.) If it wasnít for the fact that you are selling other California brands well below cost, I would think that this was a divisive move on your part to attack our brand. It is ridiculous that you didnít bother contacting us earlier to see if we would buy them back. To that end, how many lowers do you have left? At that price, I might be able to work something out in the near future.

Lastly, some may call this mud slinging, but if your neighbor tries to bastardize your name, youíd be a fool not to say something.
Well my name isn't Scott, its Shaun. And I didn't say you were currently trying to screw us, that was done already. The choice to sell the lowers at this price is ours. The past is the past and I won't put any more of either of our business out there.

I wouldn't say we bought more than we can handle being we paid for them all in advance. We do however have more than we need in the current market, and just as Best Buy, Walmart, Home Depot or any other retailer would do, we are liquidating the product at a loss to purchase newer product that will turn at a much faster rate. No company can afford to have product just sit on the shelves for a year or longer.

I will say you are correct in the fact that selling these at this price is not an attack on you, your company, or your product. The lower is a very nice lower. I purchased a few myself last year and I couldn't be happier with them.

I'm not opposed to selling these back to you at the same price I'm offering them here for. I'm sure we can work the details out over the phone, but there are at least 400 units left.

Lastly, nobody was mudslinging until you made the comment (and started the rumor) of us being in bankruptcy. Its a false statement said to intentionally hurt our business. It was uncalled for and unprofessional.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 03-06-2014, 6:56 PM
islabaseball's Avatar
islabaseball islabaseball is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: CO
Posts: 2,120
iTrader: 25 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRedmon View Post
Well my name isn't Scott, its Shaun. And I didn't say you were currently trying to screw us, that was done already. The choice to sell the lowers at this price is ours. The past is the past and I won't put any more of either of our business out there.

I wouldn't say we bought more than we can handle being we paid for them all in advance. We do however have more than we need in the current market, and just as Best Buy, Walmart, Home Depot or any other retailer would do, we are liquidating the product at a loss to purchase newer product that will turn at a much faster rate. No company can afford to have product just sit on the shelves for a year or longer.

I will say you are correct in the fact that selling these at this price is not an attack on you, your company, or your product. The lower is a very nice lower. I purchased a few myself last year and I couldn't be happier with them.

I'm not opposed to selling these back to you at the same price I'm offering them here for. I'm sure we can work the details out over the phone, but there are at least 400 units left.

Lastly, nobody was mudslinging until you made the comment (and started the rumor) of us being in bankruptcy. Its a false statement said to intentionally hurt our business. It was uncalled for and unprofessional.



Finally you boys can kiss and make up! On the brightside FA lowers are getting blasted across LA , OC and Riverside county meaning we had been chosen for the TEST market for FA! Now FA keep making awesome products so we can keep buying them
__________________
  • Glock 19 OD
  • Walther PPQ
  • Walther PPS M2
  • Springfield Range Officer Operator
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 03-01-2014, 11:36 PM
WRXKid WRXKid is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: So Cal
Posts: 359
iTrader: 35 / 100%
Default

Damn, I just dros'd one of these at turners. Wished I went to ammo bros first.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 03-02-2014, 12:11 AM
sactown308 sactown308 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 81
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

So ammo Bros is saying that billet lowers are down to 99$ average? Hmm.. Something's missing
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 03-02-2014, 9:05 AM
SRedmon's Avatar
SRedmon SRedmon is offline
Vendor/Retailer
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Perris, San Diego, Cerritos, Ontario, Riverside, Santa Ana
Posts: 369
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sactown308 View Post
So ammo Bros is saying that billet lowers are down to 99$ average? Hmm.. Something's missing
I never said billet lowers were at a $99 average. I said "similar lowers are retailing for less than what our cost was". What similar lowers are retailing for, what our cost was, and what we put these on clearance for are three different things.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 03-02-2014, 9:22 AM
WyattandDoc WyattandDoc is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 755
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

I love all the adolescent mud slinging from supposedly reputable companies. I'm sure the truth is somewhere in the middle. Think I'll avoid both and do business with some grow-ups in the industry.
__________________
Knives don't stab people, cars don't drive drunk, eating utensils don't make you fat and pencils don't mis-spell words.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 03-02-2014, 12:19 PM
valley82 valley82 is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,054
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyattandDoc View Post
I love all the adolescent mud slinging from supposedly reputable companies. I'm sure the truth is somewhere in the middle. Think I'll avoid both and do business with some grow-ups in the industry.
Kind of like watching the monkeys throw $h!@ at each other at the zoo, kind of fun to watch for a little while...
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 03-03-2014, 6:52 AM
Mitch's Avatar
Mitch Mitch is offline
Mostly Harmless
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Reno
Posts: 6,564
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyattandDoc View Post
I love all the adolescent mud slinging from supposedly reputable companies. I'm sure the truth is somewhere in the middle. Think I'll avoid both and do business with some grow-ups in the industry.
While I certainly agree with this sentiment, dude, $99 billet lowers!

If I didn't already have a box full of lowers, I'd be on top of this myself.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by cockedandglocked View Post
Getting called a DOJ shill has become a rite of passage around here. I've certainly been called that more than once - I've even seen Kes get called that. I haven't seen Red-O get called that yet, which is very suspicious to me, and means he's probably a DOJ shill.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 5:32 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2018, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.