Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > OUTDOORS, HUNTING AND SURVIVAL > Camping, Hiking and Outdoor Activities
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Camping, Hiking and Outdoor Activities Camping, hiking, and other outdoor activities within.

Old 09-11-2017, 9:58 AM
Calguns Addict

Its never a bad idea to be armed enough to stop a threat!

Even on a trail in Sequoia Nation park that has signs posted against firearms and other assorted items.
Old 09-20-2017, 1:21 PM

Bookmark. Nice summary in Post 1 and 2. Thanks.
Old 09-29-2017, 6:05 AM
Calguns Addict

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2017...ictim-camping/
The Ghanaian migrant accused of raping a German student whilst threatening to kill her boyfriend if he intervened has branded his victim a “prostitute” in court.
Identified only as Eric X. in local media, the failed asylum seeker is accused of raping the 23-year-old victim in a meadow near Bonn, after slashing the camping couple’s tent with a machete and demanding their valuables.

Although we are NOT disarmed Europe its possible for this type crime to happen. Its especially more likely where the previous democrat admin brought in people who do not respect women!

This calgunner can only imagine the outcome if this "Immigrant" tried that in free state Arizona !

Last edited by ja308; 09-29-2017 at 6:16 AM..
Old 09-29-2017, 6:29 AM

Tagged
Old 10-18-2017, 6:58 PM

Mudcamper, or anyone who is interested in following this.

My understanding of the laws in NPs is that one could theoretically UOC a rifle/shotgun since it was not explicitly prohibited by 26350, only handguns.

Not much attention has been paid to AB7 since it had very limited scope, but now that AB7 has been signed it appears to remove the legality of carrying an unloaded long gun in National Parks by the prohibited language of 26400 (a) 2

SECTION 1. The heading of Chapter 7 (commencing with Section 26400) of Division 5 of Title 4 of Part 6 of the Penal Code is amended to read:
CHAPTER 7. Carrying an Unloaded Firearm That is not a Handgun
SEC. 2. The heading of Article 1 (commencing with Section 26400) of Chapter 7 of Division 5 of Title 4 of Part 6 of the Penal Code is amended to read:
Article 1. Crime of Carrying an Unloaded Firearm that is not a Handgun
SEC. 3. Section 26400 of the Penal Code is amended to read:

26400. (a) A person is guilty of carrying an unloaded firearm that is not a handgun when that person carries upon his or her person an unloaded firearm that is not a handgun outside a vehicle while in any of the following areas:

(1) An incorporated city or city and county.
(2) A public place or a public street in a prohibited area of an unincorporated area of a county.
(b) (1) Except as specified in paragraph (2), a violation of this section is a misdemeanor.

Last edited by NickPro; 10-18-2017 at 7:01 PM..
Old 10-18-2017, 8:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickPro View Post
Mudcamper, or anyone who is interested in following this.

My understanding of the laws in NPs is that one could theoretically UOC a rifle/shotgun since it was not explicitly prohibited by 26350, only handguns.

Not much attention has been paid to AB7 since it had very limited scope, but now that AB7 has been signed it appears to remove the legality of carrying an unloaded long gun in National Parks by the prohibited language of 26400 (a) 2

SECTION 1. The heading of Chapter 7 (commencing with Section 26400) of Division 5 of Title 4 of Part 6 of the Penal Code is amended to read:
CHAPTER 7. Carrying an Unloaded Firearm That is not a Handgun
SEC. 2. The heading of Article 1 (commencing with Section 26400) of Chapter 7 of Division 5 of Title 4 of Part 6 of the Penal Code is amended to read:
Article 1. Crime of Carrying an Unloaded Firearm that is not a Handgun
SEC. 3. Section 26400 of the Penal Code is amended to read:

26400. (a) A person is guilty of carrying an unloaded firearm that is not a handgun when that person carries upon his or her person an unloaded firearm that is not a handgun outside a vehicle while in any of the following areas:

(1) An incorporated city or city and county.
(2) A public place or a public street in a prohibited area of an unincorporated area of a county.
(b) (1) Except as specified in paragraph (2), a violation of this section is a misdemeanor.
What is "a public place"? Buildings, parks, forests, Federal lands (BLM, Army Corp of Engineers), camp grounds?
Old 10-18-2017, 9:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason95357 View Post
What is "a public place"? Buildings, parks, forests, Federal lands (BLM, Army Corp of Engineers), camp grounds?
I am not an expert, but in reading through this thread over a number of days in a method to try to make sense of it, it seems that UOC in NPs was banned by the "prohibited" language, and the newly signed bill adds long guns to that list.

Prohibited in that it is illegal to discharge a weapon. I was reading through this thread for the purposes of national parks. I believe there are places one can shoot on BLM and NF land, so this may not be relevant or change that. My post was meant to bring up the topic as ending a "loophole" for carrying long guns in national parks. Loophole isn't the right word though, I'd say pinhole is more apt.
Old 11-22-2017, 9:51 AM
Veteran Member

OK I haven't paid attention for a while, and only just found out that AB7 has become law.

So, open carry of unloaded long guns is now illegal in "prohibited areas" (areas where you cannot shoot).

One of the exceptions is a locked case. Odd. Because once it's in a case, it's concealed, not openly carried, so this law no longer applies, and therefore you do not need a locked case. Idiot legislators...

The exceptions do include licensed hunters while traveling to and from hunting expeditions, so get and keep your hunting license, and have some non-lead ammo with you, and be on the lookout for coyote...
Old 11-22-2017, 9:53 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeyedrider View Post
What a cluster f***!
Agreed.
Old 11-24-2017, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudCamper View Post
OK I haven't paid attention for a while, and only just found out that AB7 has become law.

So, open carry of unloaded long guns is now illegal in "prohibited areas" (areas where you cannot shoot).

One of the exceptions is a locked case. Odd. Because once it's in a case, it's concealed, not openly carried, so this law no longer applies, and therefore you do not need a locked case. Idiot legislators...

The exceptions do include licensed hunters while traveling to and from hunting expeditions, so get and keep your hunting license, and have some non-lead ammo with you, and be on the lookout for coyote...
Long guns are not weapons that are legally considered concealable firearms.
Old 11-30-2017, 8:28 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason95357 View Post
Long guns are not weapons that are legally considered concealable firearms.
Exactly. There is no law prohibiting concealing them. However, there now is a law making it illegal to carry them openly. It's absurd.
Old 12-03-2017, 7:40 AM
Veteran Member

I think you have to dig through the codes for exceptions....
Quote:
26400. (a) A person is guilty of carrying an unloaded firearm that is not a handgun when that person carries upon his or her person an unloaded firearm that is not a handgun outside a vehicle while in any of the following areas:...
https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/f...r=7.&article=1.
Quote:
26405. Section 26400 does not apply to, or affect, the carrying of an unloaded firearm that is not a handgun in any of the following circumstances....
(ad) On publicly owned land, if the possession and use of an unloaded firearm that is not a handgun is specifically permitted by the managing agency of the land and the person carrying that firearm is in lawful possession of that firearm
https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/f...r=7.&article=2.

Quibble over "specifically permitted", but shooting on BLM and NF is specifically permitted by the managing agencies and shooting, at sometime, requires the firearm to be unloaded and open carried.
Old 12-06-2017, 8:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvrjon View Post
I think you have to dig through the codes for exceptions....
https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/f...r=7.&article=1.
https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/f...r=7.&article=2.

Quibble over "specifically permitted", but shooting on BLM and NF is specifically permitted by the managing agencies and shooting, at sometime, requires the firearm to be unloaded and open carried.
You are correct about that. My post regarding AB7 and Mudcamper's attention was related to carrying in National Parks. So while the NPs allow you to carry on the Federal Level, they grant permission with respect to state and local law. In the case of CA, that meant no carrying of handguns for some time (without valid CA CCW), but AB7 closed the option to UOC long guns.

My analysis is that while at first AB7 seemed incredibly narrow, and as a result didn't get any attention, it is true that it is incredibly narrow and doesn't apply to many people. However, it means that one can no longer UOC long guns in National Parks. Whether this was an actual "problem" or not, AB7 closes the "loophole," although I'm sure we would all agree that pinhole would be a more accurate term to describe it.