Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 08-06-2013, 8:06 AM

Updates for 8/5:
Amendments entered for SB-47, SB-299, SB-374, SB-567
Now additionally tracking SB-363.

Gavin Newsom is a lying, cheating slickster and will be is the worst mistake California has ever made if he gets now that he has been elected Governor. Hollywood movie producers look to him and his oleaginous persona as a model for the corrupt "bad guy" politician character. This guy is so greasy, he could lubricate an entire arsenal of AR-15s just by breathing on them.
Old 08-06-2013, 8:49 AM

Default Deadlines??

Hey do the bills have until the 14th and 16th to be voted on by the entire assembly and senate or just until then to pass commitee? I will be making calls today after the Dr. But I think some are going to die in the next few days. We need a line of calgunners at both that will cause the testimony's to take so long that they do not get voted on by the deadline. I will be there if I can be. And I am gonna be very professional on the phone, but also very firm, serious, and resolvable.

How's that make you feel?
Old 08-08-2013, 8:52 AM

Thanks for the update
Old 08-13-2013, 6:04 AM

8/12 Updates:
AB-48 (Purchase threshold for reporting increased)
AB-169 (Exemption for handguns previously on, but fell of roster for non-payment removed)
AB-231 (Adds negligent criminal storage)

Gavin Newsom is a lying, cheating slickster and will be is the worst mistake California has ever made if he gets now that he has been elected Governor. Hollywood movie producers look to him and his oleaginous persona as a model for the corrupt "bad guy" politician character. This guy is so greasy, he could lubricate an entire arsenal of AR-15s just by breathing on them.
Old 08-13-2013, 10:00 AM

Thumbs up CGSSA CALIFORNIA Legislation Tracking - Stay up to date! Reply to Thread

Thanks for the post. Called all my reps this last hour & forwarded.
Old 08-13-2013, 4:55 PM

what happen today ???
Old 08-13-2013, 5:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblcrwn View Post
what happen ???
Someone set up us the bomb
Old 08-13-2013, 6:57 PM

The official record of all the actions taken today will get updated by the Legislative Counsel Bureau on leginfo.legislature.ca.gov in the next several hours day or two. I will review and update the original post accordingly. So long as there were no extensive amendments that require additional thought and analysis, I should be able to update them in by a little past midnight. while.

But to answer your question, all the anti-gun bills heard by the Assembly Public Safety Committee today at this hearing passed, and will be moving on to the Assembly Appropriations Committee.

Last edited by SamsDX; 08-14-2013 at 8:54 AM.. Reason: Legislative Counsel Bureau hasn't updated anything yet.
Old 08-13-2013, 9:02 PM
Calguns Addict

Thanks for updating us all Sam!

NRA Patron Member
CRPA 5 yr Member

"...which from their verbosity, their endless tautologies, their involutions of case within case, and parenthesis within parenthesis, and their multiplied efforts at certainty by saids and aforesaids, by ors and by ands, to make them more plain, do really render them more perplexed and incomprehensible, not only to common readers, but to lawyers themselves. " - Thomas Jefferson
Old 08-13-2013, 10:22 PM

Been watching this like a hawk as have all of you. I gave to Calguns, I gave to the NRA. I called and emailed my assemblyman. I even emailed Gov. Brown. I prayed this would not happen. However, to tell the truth I expected nothing less. I'm ready, I will not submit.
Molon Labe!
Old 08-14-2013, 7:23 AM
Vendor/Retailer

is there a live feed of them talking?
Old 08-14-2013, 7:51 AM

I am trying to find one now defcon. Last time I had to stop listening because it was just making me so angry.

How's that make you feel?
Old 08-14-2013, 3:03 PM
Veteran Member

Thank you for updating the master list. I know there was quite a bit of movement this week.
“Deadly assault weapons have no place in Massachusetts. These guns are not made for recreation or self-defense. They are instruments of destruction with the sole purpose of hunting down and killing people.” Mitt Romney 2012 Republican Presidential Candidate
Old 08-14-2013, 8:48 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamsDX View Post
8/12 Updates:
AB-48 (Purchase threshold for reporting increased)
AB-169 (Exemption for handguns previously on, but fell of roster for non-payment removed)
AB-231 (Adds negligent criminal storage)
Regarding AB-169: Do folks that are non-LEO have to surrender their off-roster weapons....? Is that what I read?
Old 08-14-2013, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erik_26 View Post
Regarding AB-169: Do folks that are non-LEO have to surrender their off-roster weapons....? Is that what I read?
I think AB-169 has its own thread... You can probably ask there.
Old 08-15-2013, 5:36 AM

8/14 Updates
AB-500 (passed appropriations committee)
SB-47 (passed Assembly Public Safety Committee)
SB-53 (to appropriations suspense file)
SB-108 (major amendments entered - only a study authorization bill)
SB-293 (to appropriations suspense file)
SB-299 (to appropriations suspense file)
SB-374 (passed Assembly Public Safety Committee)
SB-396 (passed Assembly Public Safety Committee)
SB-567 (passed Assembly Public Safety Committee)
SB-683 (passed Assembly Public Safety Committee)

Please don't get excited about several of these bills going into the appropriations suspense file. They're not dead - not even close. It's just a procedural vehicle with which bills are held until Appropriations has a better idea of how much money is available. It can come out of the suspense file on a moment's notice. http://apro.assembly.ca.gov/overview

Old 08-15-2013, 1:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 357cal View Post
Need to vote these fools out 2014 and take our state back. Need to send these fools out of here and they can go back to Illinois or new York and leave us alone!!.People need to wake the f^%& up and see what these fools are doing to us and our state!!
I get what you are saying. The problem is we the people will never wake up until its to late. Then we will be looking for someone or something to blame. As proof I offer the fact that these fools got voted into office in the first place.
Vortex optics
Old 08-15-2013, 3:55 PM

Thanks for the updates Sam!
Old 08-15-2013, 4:25 PM

That is what I thought at first but I think it means that a transfer in the form of surrendering to law enforcement is exempted as a prohibited transfer. Does not seem to be in regards to ownership.
Old 08-15-2013, 7:21 PM

Default fools

Yes how they got voted in in the first place. But they are getting old and will be passing soon so we have something to look foreword to. Wish we would split this state in half and all those liberals dumacrats can have the south and all sane people like us can have the north.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdsii64 View Post
I get what you are saying. The problem is we the people will never wake up until its to late. Then we will be looking for someone or something to blame. As proof I offer the fact that these fools got voted into office in the first place.
Old 08-15-2013, 8:00 PM

Tag
Old 08-15-2013, 8:37 PM

These bills are downright depressing...
Old 08-15-2013, 10:17 PM

8/15 Update
SJR-1 (Ordered to enrollment)

Old 08-16-2013, 7:57 AM

What do you expect from the lefty's.Thats what I love about the internet they can't hide there agendas anymore. Thats why the old battle axe did not get the assault weapons ban this time around thank god!!They said the would try to ban 3-D printers as well good luck with that. We need to vote all these lame pos representatives out of office ASAP!!
Old 08-16-2013, 8:22 AM

Thought I continue where Sdblu left off on post #28, where it now shows were the bills are after the recent hearings. That original post helped me in doing my Mail-Merge. (pls let me know of any errors.)

Senate Appropriations:
AB 500, AB 169, AB 231

Senate Appropriations Suspense:
AB 48

Senate Floor:
AB 170, AB 180

Assembly Appropriations:
SB 47, SB 374, SB 396, SB 567, SB 683

Assembly Appropriations Suspense:
SB 53, SB 293, SB 299

Assembly Public Safety:
SB 108, SB 755 (reconsideration)

Assembly Floor:
SB 363
Old 08-16-2013, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 357cal View Post
Yes how they got voted in in the first place. But they are getting old and will be passing soon so we have something to look foreword to. Wish we would split this state in half and all those liberals dumacrats can have the south and all sane people like us can have the north.
Speaking of "splitting" the state, I once heard that the more logical way to split the state of CA(if the idea is to put anti-gun libs in one side and conservatives in the other...) is to split the state in half lengthwise, so that there is a west side and a east side. You see, the eastern half of CA is easily 70-80% conservative. And, a lot more good hunting areas in the eastern half!!! Sounds like a dream to me. Name the western half "Commiefornia" and the eastern half "Conservafornia".
Old 08-16-2013, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertkjjj View Post
Speaking of "splitting" the state, I once heard that the more logical way to split the state of CA(if the idea is to put anti-gun libs in one side and conservatives in the other...) is to split the state in half lengthwise, so that there is a west side and a east side. You see, the eastern half of CA is easily 70-80% conservative. And, a lot more good hunting areas in the eastern half!!! Sounds like a dream to me. Name the western half "Commiefornia" and the eastern half "Conservafornia".
No thanks. I want Sacramento and Stockton in the commiefornia part of the split, not in the free North State area.
Old 08-17-2013, 7:43 PM

I read the bills and was wondering if they pass will any legal home builds now have to be registered?
Old 08-18-2013, 1:02 PM

It amazes me that gays, lesbians, and trannys can pass a law letting YOUR children use any restroom or shower they want in public schools while representing less than 2% of the population, but gun owners can't stop a single anti-gun bill or get any pro-gun bill passed.
Maybe CA gun owners just don't know how to fight.
Old 08-18-2013, 1:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunwriter View Post
It amazes me that gays, lesbians, and trannys can pass a law letting YOUR children use any restroom or shower they want in public schools while representing less than 2% of the population, but gun owners can't stop a single anti-gun bill or get any pro-gun bill passed.
Really? Most important media isn't on our side. That being the biggest issue the next biggie is most voters in this state only care about getting something for nothing and will vote anyone it that will promise that. THOSE types of politicians are always anti gun. Past that the reasons are numerous and difficult to cover in just a few sentences. Doesn't mean things are over just means the fight will be harder.
Old 08-18-2013, 8:30 PM

Quote:
...gays, lesbians, and trannys...
And you wonder why people always think gun owners are backwards and xenophobic... Have some respect for our friends at Pink Pistols, they're fighting for our rights too.
Old 08-19-2013, 1:52 PM

Quote:
The funny thing is that if their point of view is that such, why not ban Men or Women's bathrooms? Isn't that inherently discriminatory and exclusionary? If is MANDATORY that a boy be allowed in a girl's shower or vice versa because he or she claims to "identify" with the opposite sex. Shouldn't all bathrooms and be unisex so we don't exclude anyone?

Liberalism is a mental illness, and the entire state legislature belongs in an asylum.
Old 08-19-2013, 3:32 PM

Smile

Quote:
wait are you saying if I had been born a few years later I could have showered with the girls?!?!?!
Old 08-19-2013, 3:33 PM

Question

Quote:
that was post 69 by the way. ironic?
Old 08-20-2013, 3:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamsDX View Post
SB-567 (Jackson): Expands definition of shotgun to include rifled barrels and those not designed to be fired from the shoulder.
Status: 8/14 Assembly - From committee: Do pass and re-refer to Com. on APPR. (Ayes 4. Noes 2.) (August 13). Re-referred to Com. on APPR.
Last amended 8/5 - exempts handguns from shotgun definition; clarifies that bill is not intended to cover use of snake shot in revolvers.
Does the amendment to 'exempt handguns from shotgun definition' mean handguns such as the Governor and Judge would become California legal?
Old 08-21-2013, 1:24 PM

Regarding registration, Steinberg's Bill also says ...

"3) The registration shall contain a description of the firearm that identifies it uniquely, including all identification marks, "the date that the firearm was acquired, the full name and address of the individual from whom, or the business from which, the firearm was acquired", the registrant’s full name, address, telephone number, date of birth, sex, height, weight, eye color, hair color, and California driver’s license or California identification card number."

We all try to keep our records of purchases, but time has a way of having things get misplaced. What if you can't fully comply with "When" the purchase was made, or "Who" the full name is, or the "Address" of the seller ?

Great informative thread, thank you.

Last edited by hadjin; 08-21-2013 at 1:28 PM..
Old 08-21-2013, 6:44 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hadjin View Post
Regarding registration, Steinberg's Bill also says ...

"3) The registration shall contain a description of the firearm that identifies it uniquely, including all identification marks, "the date that the firearm was acquired, the full name and address of the individual from whom, or the business from which, the firearm was acquired", the registrant’s full name, address, telephone number, date of birth, sex, height, weight, eye color, hair color, and California driver’s license or California identification card number."

We all try to keep our records of purchases, but time has a way of having things get misplaced. What if you can't fully comply with "When" the purchase was made, or "Who" the full name is, or the "Address" of the seller ?

Great informative thread, thank you.
If we do get to that point, the answer very well be "unknown" or "approximately xx/xx/xxxx".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vin Scully
Don't be sad that it's over. Smile because it happened.
Quote:
Originally Posted by William James
I cannot allow your ignorance, however great, to take precedence over my knowledge, however small.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPimping View Post
When you reach the plateau, there's always going to be those that try to drag you down. Just keep up the game, collect the scratch, and ignore those who seek to drag you down to their level.
Old 08-22-2013, 8:44 AM

8/22 Updates: None of the gun bills were heard in the Assembly appropriations committee yesterday, so more movement to the suspense file. Most likely they will be heard next Wednesday, as the deadline for fiscal committees (including appropriations, where all of these bills are) to vote on bills is August 30.

SB-396 - To suspense file.
SB-567 - To suspense file.
SB-683 - To suspense file.
SB-755 - To suspense file.

SJR 1 - Joint resolution urging Federal Assault Weapons ban, despite its inaccurate factual assertions, has been enacted.

Old 08-22-2013, 9:04 AM

By now you all must know the new law signed by the Governor allows boys and girls in public schools to use any restroom or shower or locker they want, depending on how they "feel" about their sexuality...YOUR kids are affected but that is not the issue here.

Do not miss the point: 2% of the population is imposing it's will on the 98% majority.
The question for CA gun owners should be: HOW DID THEY DO THAT?

Their techniques are working; yours are not---and you know it. Sorry if this offends anyone.

Definition of Insanity: Doing the same thing and expecting a different result.

The battle for the 2nd amenment cannot be won at the CA state level. Look at IL. they just won the right to carry for the first time in their history.

Federal law trumps state law---ALWAYS. CA gun laws are NOT an exception, despite what DOJ posts.
Old 08-22-2013, 9:47 AM

https://www.change.org/petitions/gov...to-gun-control we need to start sending letters and signed petitions to Jerry Brown