Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Firearms Accessories: Holsters, Safes, Lights & more
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Firearms Accessories: Holsters, Safes, Lights & more If it locks up, carries, fits on to or cleans up your firearms, discuss it here.

Old 11-22-2017, 12:04 AM

A light, particularly for EDC, should be as closely wrapped around the Battery as possible. Thin wall. Short length. You do not need to light up a stop sign half a mile away. You do not need a baton. That is idiotic. You want lots of light (and the ability to make not-lots of light). You want pocketable.

4Sevens does packaging well. Mini Mk II is a good light.

AA/14500 vs RCR123 is a reasonable debate to have. I prefer 123.

Edit: never understood the Fenix love. Everything they make is stupid big.

Last edited by 2Aallday; 11-22-2017 at 12:10 AM..
Old 11-22-2017, 9:30 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Aallday View Post
A light, particularly for EDC, should be as closely wrapped around the Battery as possible. Thin wall. Short length. You do not need to light up a stop sign half a mile away. You do not need a baton. That is idiotic. You want lots of light (and the ability to make not-lots of light). You want pocketable.

4Sevens does packaging well. Mini Mk II is a good light.

AA/14500 vs RCR123 is a reasonable debate to have. I prefer 123.

Edit: never understood the Fenix love. Everything they make is stupid big.
I have various 4Sevens lights as well, but what you described is precisely what my Fenix light is... All my Fenix lights actually, like the LD10, PD31, PD30...

Fenix PD31 - Thin walled, straight body, very pocketable, and really no bigger than it needs to be to accommodate an 18650. 4+ days of continuous use on Low. Perfect camping and survival bag light. EDC friendly.

And while I still have smaller, single RCR123, 14500, its still one of my favorite lights.

I do agree with the tac-head and heavy bezzled lights. I hate that stuff because it isn't pocket friendly.

Its not a Fenix problem, its the Lumens race and tactical light market problem.

Next to a 4Sevens Quark AA

Last edited by ExtremeX; 11-22-2017 at 9:33 AM..