Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Northern California Chapters > Bay Area Chapter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-10-2017, 5:51 PM

Default Wtf Walnut Creek gun stores Jamaica-me-crazy!

So I've been to both setter arms and primo tactical twice now ... during their posted business hours and even called ahead And ...... no answer , no call back, no open shop ...... why the hell are gunshop owners the Worst business people in the word? ........ and all the happy yelp review for each place I swear I'm in the twilight zone
Old 02-10-2017, 6:55 PM
Veteran Member

I don't know about Primo, but I called and emailed Setter quite a few times when I was wanting to bring in some lowers, never returned my calls or emails.

Business went to Kevin Smith. He's still good to go for another month.

Give him a jingle. 925-229-2553 or email "sks451@sbcglobal.net". He's always returned my emails.
Old 02-12-2017, 8:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skosh69 View Post
I don't know about Primo, but I called and emailed Setter quite a few times when I was wanting to bring in some lowers, never returned my calls or emails.

Business went to Kevin Smith. He's still good to go for another month.

Give him a jingle. 925-229-2553 or email "sks451@sbcglobal.net". He's always returned my emails.
For another month? Is he closing up shop? Hope not.
Old 02-12-2017, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasty View Post
For another month? Is he closing up shop? Hope not.
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1301589
Old 02-16-2017, 2:41 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Kevin will be missed greatly....
Old 02-16-2017, 2:43 PM
Reptile&Samurai Moderator
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Well that's a bummer about our last kitchen area table that I know of who dealt with the public.

Hadn't heard about Primo in WC, glad to see other new blood.
Old 02-16-2017, 2:47 PM

Default Agreed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPimping View Post
Kevin will be missed greatly....
Great guy and has been a pleasure to deal with for last 15 or so years. Will be missed.
Old 02-16-2017, 9:55 PM

I haven't been to Primo, but I've never had a problem reaching Setter. He's always answered the phone when I called during business hours, responded to an e-mail inquiry, and he was always open when I swung by as well. Sorry to hear your experience was different but maybe give him another chance? I did two FFL transfers through him at the end of last year and both were smooth with no hassle and his fee is highly competitive.

In contrast, Kevin never returned any voicemails or e-mails that I left him. I was disappointed since I'd read such good feedback about him in these forums but that's life.
Old 02-16-2017, 10:13 PM

Setter can be a pain, especially when your 10 day wait turns into 12 or 15 because of the limited hours and mysterious holidays. Not too expensive, but not cheap enough to go back-
Old 02-17-2017, 5:11 AM

I would absolutely love to buy some thing from setter .... amd primos for that matter ... wired hours are just that . If you guys are listening ...... be open one or two nights a week .... it so secret you'll make more money ....
Old 02-19-2017, 1:48 PM

I've been going to Todd at SetterArms with 0 issues. He did revise his hours recently (closed Wednesday instead of Tuesday, open later on some days now) . He isn't closed for 2 days in a row like some other LGS so I don't see a 12+ day wait as an issue.
It's a one man show there so sometimes he's out for lunch or pickups (usually leaves a note on the door) ... I've actually 'prevented' him from several by showing up right as he's heading out. His prices for sales and transfers are better than the multi-staffed shops nearby. He's been extremely helpful with a variety of purchases/transfers/recommendations/smithing.

Also checked out Primo Tactical a couple days ago. They are open later in the day. Extremely nice people there. Nothing on stock to look at--at least for the moment. Ron and Michelle are new to the gun shop deal so they still learning a few things but were eager to help/try with anything.

It's unfortunate people are having issues. Both places I frequent when I have time to kill while in Walnut Creek. Even just for chatting a bit. I gladly recommend/give them business.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
Old 03-01-2017, 6:15 PM

I also have had no problems at Setter and if he was closer to me (peninsula), I would go back more often.

His hours of operations are updated on yelp and have been accurate so far for me for a dozen or so visits.
Old 10-09-2017, 4:15 PM

Hey all,

Setterarms has updated there hours again.

We are open
Wednesday 12-7
Thursday 12-7
Saturday 10-4

We take lunch in the middle.

We changed the hours because of the lack of customers coming on the other days that we use to be open on.

Also we are currently looking to permanently close on December 31m which means we will be be no longer accepting any sales or transfers after the first week of December. Summer was horrible for us and sales have not been there. Our location doesn't help either because our landlord won't let us put up any advertising on the street. So depending on sales we will possibly be closing. This saddens and angers me at the same time. If we do have enough business we are trying to move to a much bigger place so we can gunsmith again in Walnut Creek, unless we can find a location in Colma.

If you are having a hard time finding me we are on 2065 North Broadway. Across the street from the Post Office above Tulio's resturant on the second floor in suite 202. You can park in the back of the building for free.

Our Transfer fee is $80 (which includes DROS)
PPT $35

Hope to see you in the shop.
Old 10-09-2017, 5:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsette View Post
Hey all,

Setterarms has updated there hours again.

We are open
Wednesday 12-7
Thursday 12-7
Saturday 10-4

We take lunch in the middle.

We changed the hours because of the lack of customers coming on the other days that we use to be open on.

Also we are currently looking to permanently close on December 31m which means we will be be no longer accepting any sales or transfers after the first week of December. Summer was horrible for us and sales have not been there. Our location doesn't help either because our landlord won't let us put up any advertising on the street. So depending on sales we will possibly be closing. This saddens and angers me at the same time. If we do have enough business we are trying to move to a much bigger place so we can gunsmith again in Walnut Creek, unless we can find a location in Colma.

If you are having a hard time finding me we are on 2065 North Broadway. Across the street from the Post Office above Tulio's resturant on the second floor in suite 202. You can park in the back of the building for free.

Our Transfer fee is $80 (which includes DROS)
PPT $35

Hope to see you in the shop.

Fellow Walnut Creek resident checking in. Really glad to see you post here. Itís always great to be active on the inter webs to help with business.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk