Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > MARKETPLACE > Private Non-Firearms Related Sales
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Private Non-Firearms Related Sales For the non-commercial sales of non-firearms related items. Read the rules before posting.

Old 10-21-2017, 1:20 PM

Default USED Government safes for Ammo or? - Pick-up in Novato, CA

These are both used (obviously), but they have been inspected, serviced and both have been updated with modern locks. Both have new 3-wheel, Group-II, S&G R6730 mechanical combination locks, dials, rings and come with working combinations. They are in great shape and ready to use. Yes, they are both ugly, but you can sand and paint them any color you want. Just be careful to mask the lock, dial and ring. ;-) If I did it, at my labpr rate, they'd be more money.

The first safe is a WW-II (circa 1940-1948) USA Army field paymaster's safe.
It is heavy and well-made. It has two handles for carrying the safe and also has a padlock eye (padlock not included). It is quite suitable for use as an ammo locker, but is NOT fire-resistant. It was used in the days when the military paid in CASH. In that spirit...
For the paymaster's chest I'm asking $200.00 CASH!

Photo 1

Photo 2

The second safe is a cold war era (1967-1986) GSA single-drawer file in 100% working condition. Except for the updated lock and repair to the handle/boltwork mechanism, it is as it was originally used. It was part of a welded-together set and probably used by the U.S. Navy because it originally was designed to be bolted to a deck or bulkhead, hence the straps on the side. The original hard plate box is intact and VERY difficult to drill through. GSA Label has been removed, so it cannot be used for storing classified materials, but I wouldn't lose the combination on this thing... big bucks to open it!

It is in great shape and very suitable for use as an ammo locker, but is NOT fire-resistant.
For the GSA file I'm asking $325.00 CASH!

Photo 3

Photo 4

These safes are for sale as is, where is. You pick up by appointment in Novato, CA. I'll help you load it.

If you have questions please email or call me rather than use PM, as I check my email way more often.

BTW, if you want to buy and pick-up both at the same time, the price is $460.00

Please don't ask about delivery... YOU must pick up in Novato.

Thanks for looking!

KenSFO
DoyleSFO@gmail.com
Mobile: 415-519-3401

Last edited by KenSFO; 10-21-2017 at 2:57 PM.. Reason: text and photo addition
Old 10-27-2017, 2:19 PM

BTT