Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > MARKETPLACE > Commercial Sales > New Product Announcements
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

New Product Announcements Vendors, share information about your newest products. Only CGN Vendors can start threads in this forum.

Old 12-16-2017, 10:34 PM

Got my grips in today, and installed!! Thanks Will! Great service!!
Old 12-16-2017, 10:36 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by meanrock View Post
Got mine today.

Looks sharp, was a tight fit. Rubber definately came in handy - tip to anyone reading this before install, fit the rubber on first, then the grip. The grip partially covers the nut and will hold the rubber in place over the sharp edge.

Only complaint- I'm going to add a paddle extended mag release, my index finger is about a third of an inch away from reaching.

Thanks for seeing this through Will, and shipping something cool.
Hey meanrock,

Thanks for the feedback!

We're aware of the mag release issue. I looked into reselling other people's extended mag releases, like Odinworks, Magpul, etc. Long story short, they're a minimum of $18. One of our goals is to make it easier to go featureless, and that includes cost, so we're going to make our own in-house extended mag release and undercut the rest of these guys. Look for that around April.

Hey, can you do me a favor? Can you describe to me how you've got the bands deployed, or maybe take a photo and either post it or email it to me? It sounds like you might be using them in a neat way that we didn't intend.

Last edited by resurgent_arms; 12-16-2017 at 10:52 PM..
Old 12-16-2017, 10:37 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaturalDefense View Post
Got my grips in today, and installed!! Thanks Will! Great service!!
That's awesome, glad you're happy with them! Open to any feedback you might have.
Old 12-17-2017, 7:47 AM
Veteran Member

Good stuff Will
Old 12-17-2017, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by resurgent_arms View Post
Hey, can you do me a favor? Can you describe to me how you've got the bands deployed, or maybe take a photo and either post it or email it to me? It sounds like you might be using them in a neat way that we didn't intend.
Attached some pictures. Debated getting the lower band to ride higher, but didn't like stretching it any more than that. I wanted an index point for my hand to hit, and no sharp edges. My index finger can follow the band on the side to the trigger.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bands back view1.jpg (98.8 KB, 132 views)
File Type: jpg bands back view2.jpg (98.3 KB, 121 views)
Old 12-17-2017, 5:55 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by meanrock View Post
Attached some pictures. Debated getting the lower band to ride higher, but didn't like stretching it any more than that. I wanted an index point for my hand to hit, and no sharp edges. My index finger can follow the band on the side to the trigger.
Thanks for the photo! I'm going to use that photo as an instructional for our new instructions. This perfectly addresses the endplate issue.
Old 12-21-2017, 12:21 AM

Received mine the other day. Cool beans. Thank you for coming through. I'll be ordering more.

The text inside the grip is a great little added touch!
Old 12-23-2017, 6:22 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Awesome, glad you like it. Yeah, that was an idea we got from a customer -- it was too good not to do!
Old 12-26-2017, 6:53 PM

Hi, someone pointed out a problem with some of the compliance grips coming out now and I'm wondering if your grip deals with it.

On many lowers, the level the top of the grip sits against is very slightly lower than the level the trigger comes out of. So it's technically possible to get the web of your thumb below that line while still being able to pull the trigger.

I looked at the pictures on your site and I can't quite tell if you're accounting for this. If you were, then the part of your grip you wrap your thumb around would be 1 or 2 mm higher than the surface that mates with the receiver. Is it?

The picture on your 'how is this legal' page has the yellow line drawn slightly too low (see the gap between the line and the top of the exposed portion of the trigger?).

Thanks!
Old 12-27-2017, 3:48 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Hi Aboof,

That's a great question.

We designed the grip to be a solid 1-2mm above the top of the trigger line. This was measured out in our CAD program.

Are you referring to using a "relaxed grip" and letting your hand droop down the side of the grip a little?

Thanks for giving me a heads up, that's a very unhelpful image in that 1) I drew the line poorly, and 2) it's a pre-pre-production 3d-print prototype. I went ahead and switched out the old image for this one:

That's a customer's AR, showing a proper fit. I also drew the line along the top of the receiver first, to make sure it was properly leveled, and then copy-pasted down onto the top of the trigger. So that should give an accurate straight-back-from-the-trigger line.

Hope that answers your question, and thanks again for bringing that to my attention.
Old 12-27-2017, 5:01 PM

Thanks!

No, I'm not talking about a relaxed grip. The way I read the reg and the DoJ testimony, I'm not worried about the aspect of it.

The new picture is helpful. It'd be more clear if it was straight-on and the line was a little thinner. But if the top of the backstrap is 1-2mm higher than the top of the surface that mates against the receiver, I think it's all good for the thing I'm worried about.