Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #4201  
Old 08-30-2017, 6:39 PM
SkyHawk's Avatar
SkyHawk SkyHawk is offline
☆☆ More Cowbell ☆☆
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Overhead Orbit
Posts: 9,771
iTrader: 121 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaMeMe View Post
Someone probably already answer this question but approximately how long does it take for the live scan to get approve?
I have heard it is happening very fast now that DOJ is not intentionally slow walking the CCW live scans. Maybe less than 2 weeks.
__________________
.



"Texans always move them!"
General Robert E. Lee, May 6, 1864 - Battle of the Wilderness
Reply With Quote
  #4202  
Old 08-30-2017, 8:24 PM
ShadyatBest's Avatar
ShadyatBest ShadyatBest is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 118
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaMeMe View Post
Someone probably already answer this question but approximately how long does it take for the live scan to get approve?
I had my reply with in 2 days as of a few weeks ago.

It's just a clever handle
__________________
Its just a clever handle
Reply With Quote
  #4203  
Old 08-30-2017, 8:28 PM
ShadyatBest's Avatar
ShadyatBest ShadyatBest is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 118
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucew57 View Post
EJ.
Answer is Yes to the class as Shady said. Be aware that the class cert is good for 6 months. I had to get a re-cert when my training expired prior to final approval. If initial appointment dates are long ways out, may want to delay the training.
This is interesting. I think my interviewer said something about 6 months. But i took my class in December 2016, had my interview in late January, got approved last month. Right at 6 months from interview to livescan and over 7 months from cert date.


It's just a clever handle
__________________
Its just a clever handle
Reply With Quote
  #4204  
Old 08-31-2017, 9:43 AM
DaMeMe DaMeMe is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 48
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

I went to my initial interview on August 7th and I originally wanted to do the live scan right after the interview but the Sheriff said they don't allow people to get their live scan done before the approval due to the fact applicants that fail the process made a huge deal about it. Does anyone know aproximetly how much longer I would need to wait to recieve an email about next step in the process which should be the live scan and ccw training course?
Reply With Quote
  #4205  
Old 08-31-2017, 4:43 PM
M&PMarine's Avatar
M&PMarine M&PMarine is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 354
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodi54 View Post
Sent

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Thanks.
__________________

Seen on a LGS Wall.
Without the Second, there would be No First!!
Reply With Quote
  #4206  
Old 08-31-2017, 7:01 PM
ShadyatBest's Avatar
ShadyatBest ShadyatBest is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 118
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaMeMe View Post
Does anyone know aproximetly how much longer I would need to wait to recieve an email about next step in the process which should be the live scan and ccw training course?
Current waits are less month if you had your interview in august. Some of us have waited up to 9 months.
You could have found this answer by reading back through the last 30 post



It's just a clever handle
__________________
Its just a clever handle
Reply With Quote
  #4207  
Old 08-31-2017, 7:33 PM
raysmith925 raysmith925 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 87
iTrader: 6 / 100%
Default

Wishing California permit were more like Arizona...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #4208  
Old 08-31-2017, 8:13 PM
Dvrjon Dvrjon is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 4,788
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Wishing folks would resize photos and stop whining about other states' programs......

You got your wish. The law has changed to allow credit card-type licenses. We're just waiting for OAG or publish the prototype.
Reply With Quote
  #4209  
Old 09-01-2017, 3:22 AM
kenshnx's Avatar
kenshnx kenshnx is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 213
iTrader: 37 / 100%
Default

http://www.eagledefensetrng.com Offers all the training as above for a fraction of the price
__________________
We Spartans have descended from Hercules himself. Taught never to retreat, never to surrender. Taught that death in the battlefield is the greatest glory he could achieve in his life
Reply With Quote
  #4210  
Old 09-12-2017, 2:50 PM
johns259 johns259 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Midtown Sacramento
Posts: 18
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

So, I just did my Sac CCW application. On the online system, there was an available appointment on January 15th, 2018, so I snagged it. That day, however, is MLK Day and listed as a holiday for the county.

I've tried calling to verify that they are doing interviews that day but no one has answered the 916-874-8450 (the one listed for permit questions) for two days now. I guess I could keep calling but I wanted to check and see if any of the more knowledgeable folks had any suggestions.

I just don't want to get too close to that date and be informed I need to pick a different date and be too far out at that time.
Reply With Quote
  #4211  
Old 09-12-2017, 2:53 PM
DS94901's Avatar
DS94901 DS94901 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Citrus Heights
Posts: 1,053
iTrader: 24 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by johns259 View Post
So, I just did my Sac CCW application. On the online system, there was an available appointment on January 15th, 2018, so I snagged it. That day, however, is MLK Day and listed as a holiday for the county.

I've tried calling to verify that they are doing interviews that day but no one has answered the 916-874-8450 (the one listed for permit questions) for two days now. I guess I could keep calling but I wanted to check and see if any of the more knowledgeable folks had any suggestions.

I just don't want to get too close to that date and be informed I need to pick a different date and be too far out at that time.
If there is another date that's not too far off I'd go reschedule now. I'd assume they will be closed.
__________________
Message me if you do AR/AK receiver engraving in the Sacramento area

Reply With Quote
  #4212  
Old 09-12-2017, 3:13 PM
johns259 johns259 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Midtown Sacramento
Posts: 18
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DS94901 View Post
If there is another date that's not too far off I'd go reschedule now. I'd assume they will be closed.
Ok, I rescheduled for Valentine's Day, which had a suspicious amount of openings too given that most of the rest of the week was booked. It's not an official Sac County holiday though (obviously), but still makes me nervous given all the nightmare stories I've heard with trying to get the interview scheduled.
Reply With Quote
  #4213  
Old 09-12-2017, 9:30 PM
Dvrjon Dvrjon is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 4,788
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by johns259 View Post
Ok, I rescheduled for Valentine's Day, which had a suspicious amount of openings too given that most of the rest of the week was booked. It's not an official Sac County holiday though (obviously), but still makes me nervous given all the nightmare stories I've heard with trying to get the interview scheduled.
Perhaps, more people are interested in not spending the Valentine's Day (and night) alone than they are in getting their CCW on that particular day?

BTW: You're going in the wrong direction.
Reply With Quote
  #4214  
Old 09-13-2017, 8:36 AM
dbw420 dbw420 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 13
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Got my approval after 7.5 months, now doing livescan! Finally!
Reply With Quote
  #4215  
Old 09-14-2017, 6:52 PM
fit1977 fit1977 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 519
iTrader: 12 / 100%
Default

Originally scheduled for 2/14/18. Just rebooked for 10/25/17. What should I expect from the first interview?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #4216  
Old 09-14-2017, 6:56 PM
Citation650's Avatar
Citation650 Citation650 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 370
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default

Right around the corner.
Reply With Quote
  #4217  
Old 09-14-2017, 6:56 PM
fit1977 fit1977 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 519
iTrader: 12 / 100%
Default

Yes!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #4218  
Old 09-16-2017, 4:50 PM
Markinsac Markinsac is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 679
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fit1977 View Post
Originally scheduled for 2/14/18. Just rebooked for 10/25/17. What should I expect from the first interview?
They will go over the application and ask you some questions to get a feeling about your background and demeanor. If they need clarification on anything, they will ask.
Reply With Quote
  #4219  
Old 09-16-2017, 10:04 PM
DaMeMe DaMeMe is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 48
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadyatBest View Post
Current waits are less month if you had your interview in august. Some of us have waited up to 9 months.
You could have found this answer by reading back through the last 30 post



It's just a clever handle
It has already been 1month and 2weeks but I have yet to receive that email. When I email the ccw sheriff department they keep telling me the committee hasn't gotten together yet but that's what I don't understand I thought I was waiting for the deputy sheriff approval not the committee.
Reply With Quote
  #4220  
Old 09-17-2017, 12:25 AM
fit1977 fit1977 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 519
iTrader: 12 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markinsac View Post
They will go over the application and ask you some questions to get a feeling about your background and demeanor. If they need clarification on anything, they will ask.


Thanks!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #4221  
Old 09-17-2017, 6:29 AM
Dvrjon Dvrjon is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 4,788
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaMeMe View Post
It has already been 1month and 2weeks but I have yet to receive that email. When I email the ccw sheriff department they keep telling me the committee hasn't gotten together yet but that's what I don't understand I thought I was waiting for the deputy sheriff approval not the committee.
The interviewing deputy doesn't approve/disapprove. After the initial interview, the package goes to the committee for review and approval. If approved, you are notified to take the training and the LiveScan. Pass those, and you're done.

I suspect that normal business activities were impacted by recent law enforcement activity which resulted in the death of a Deputy Sheriff on Aug 30.
Reply With Quote
  #4222  
Old 09-17-2017, 6:36 AM
Dvrjon Dvrjon is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 4,788
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fit1977 View Post
Originally scheduled for 2/14/18. Just rebooked for 10/25/17. What should I expect from the first interview?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It'll be a conversation with a deputy. They'll go over the info you provided, make sure the application is correct, confirm your Good Cause, and have you sign. Then, if anything showed up on their initial background check (not LiveScan), they'll go over the specifics with you.

Just be relaxed, be truthful. It's not an interrogation; it's an interview.

Best.
Reply With Quote
  #4223  
Old 09-18-2017, 8:32 PM
fit1977 fit1977 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 519
iTrader: 12 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvrjon View Post
It'll be a conversation with a deputy. They'll go over the info you provided, make sure the application is correct, confirm your Good Cause, and have you sign. Then, if anything showed up on their initial background check (not LiveScan), they'll go over the specifics with you.



Just be relaxed, be truthful. It's not an interrogation; it's an interview.



Best.


Thanks for the info.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #4224  
Old 09-18-2017, 9:48 PM
aws1963's Avatar
aws1963 aws1963 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 388
iTrader: 24 / 100%
Default

Anyone do a recent Sac County renewal? How long from the online submittal till you got the call to come in and pick up?
__________________

Last edited by aws1963; 09-18-2017 at 9:53 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #4225  
Old 09-19-2017, 10:55 AM
egDonald egDonald is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: elk grove
Posts: 181
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aws1963 View Post
Anyone do a recent Sac County renewal? How long from the online submittal till you got the call to come in and pick up?
As I understand it, it is instant; you meet, you review your status, you surrender your old/expiring permit, and the issue your new permit on the spot. There has been some mentions that they may not even take your old/expiring permit.


Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk


*Edit*
Sorry. I am still old school, it seems. I completely forgot about the fact that SSD was implementing an online form submission process. I strike my comment.

Last edited by egDonald; 09-19-2017 at 11:53 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #4226  
Old 09-19-2017, 11:40 AM
aws1963's Avatar
aws1963 aws1963 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 388
iTrader: 24 / 100%
Default

Hmmmm. I used the website and uploaded the required documents on the 6th of this month. Shows "assigned to processor shortly". Have not heard of instant approval.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4227  
Old 09-19-2017, 12:29 PM
Riffplayer88@yahoo.com's Avatar
Riffplayer88@yahoo.com Riffplayer88@yahoo.com is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 428
iTrader: 8 / 100%
Default

Random, but would have been helpful to know:

Sac website suggests renewal submission 30-45 days prior to ccw expiration. I discovered that the website will not allow a renewal submission greater than 45 days before expiration.

Sac should just say "no renewal submission >45 days before expiration".
Reply With Quote
  #4228  
Old 09-19-2017, 12:46 PM
Theophilus Theophilus is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 43
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

I uploaded my renewal docs and application August 31. Still waiting for the email telling me to come pick up my permit.
Reply With Quote
  #4229  
Old 09-19-2017, 1:38 PM
Ilovegunz Ilovegunz is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 1
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default renewal

Quote:
Originally Posted by aws1963 View Post
Anyone do a recent Sac County renewal? How long from the online submittal till you got the call to come in and pick up?
Submitted my renewal application+fees+uploaded the required documentation uploaded August 30th. I received a automated phone call September 19th and a email to pick up my permit "the next available pick up date". My permit expired 9/9/17 so the last 10 days "no carry". On FAQ page there is a recommendation to up load each document separately as it can delay the process. I did not up load my documents separately maybe I could have received my permit sooner?
Reply With Quote
  #4230  
Old 09-19-2017, 3:22 PM
aws1963's Avatar
aws1963 aws1963 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 388
iTrader: 24 / 100%
Default

Thanks Ilovegunz. Guess Theophilus and I are still in the "window". I don't like that you can't review/verify your documents submission or the fact that there is no real acknowledgement that your package was received other than the billing on your cc through auto@permitium.

I'll just have to be patient.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4231  
Old 09-19-2017, 9:19 PM
CooterShooter CooterShooter is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 81
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

My interview is toward the end of October. I've got no record of any kind. How long after my interview until I hear if I'm approved?
Reply With Quote
  #4232  
Old 09-20-2017, 9:30 AM
iDog's Avatar
iDog iDog is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 90
iTrader: 6 / 100%
Default

Quick question to anyone who might know, I've done all the steps and completed final payment online. Then I instantly received notice that they received the payment and the Sac SD will contact me for pickup. I paid yesterday, anyone know ballpark when I'll be able to pickup?
Reply With Quote
  #4233  
Old 09-20-2017, 3:34 PM
dbra dbra is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 9
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDog View Post
Quick question to anyone who might know, I've done all the steps and completed final payment online. Then I instantly received notice that they received the payment and the Sac SD will contact me for pickup. I paid yesterday, anyone know ballpark when I'll be able to pickup?
Most likely tomorrow. Between 8am-12pm and 1:30-4pm.
Reply With Quote
  #4234  
Old 09-20-2017, 3:36 PM
iDog's Avatar
iDog iDog is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 90
iTrader: 6 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbra View Post
Most likely tomorrow. Between 8am-12pm and 1:30-4pm.
That sure would be nice. Fingers crossed
Reply With Quote
  #4235  
Old 09-20-2017, 3:59 PM
DS94901's Avatar
DS94901 DS94901 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Citrus Heights
Posts: 1,053
iTrader: 24 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDog View Post
That sure would be nice. Fingers crossed
Got my approval about an hour ago as well. Hoping to get that e-mail to pick up before the end of the day. Would be perfect with tomorrow being Thrs. I know others have not received the pick up e-mail for weeks and have then just gone in and found it waiting and ready. I just don't have the flexibility with work to take that gamble.
__________________
Message me if you do AR/AK receiver engraving in the Sacramento area

Reply With Quote
  #4236  
Old 09-20-2017, 10:15 PM
M&PMarine's Avatar
M&PMarine M&PMarine is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 354
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aws1963 View Post
Anyone do a recent Sac County renewal? How long from the online submittal till you got the call to come in and pick up?
Applied for Renewal on 8/21 and picked it up on 9/12.
__________________

Seen on a LGS Wall.
Without the Second, there would be No First!!
Reply With Quote
  #4237  
Old 09-21-2017, 11:08 AM
Drivedabizness's Avatar
Drivedabizness Drivedabizness is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Folsom, CA
Posts: 1,905
iTrader: 5 / 100%
Default

From what I'm reading here - and yes a lot can change between now and then - I plan on submitting my renewal as soon as they allow. Even sending stuff in 6 weeks before my expiration date, my last permit expired for 5 weeks before I got my new one and I don't want that to happen again.
__________________
Proud CGN Contributor
USMC Pistol Team Alumni - Distinguished Pistol Shot
Owner of multiple Constitutionally protected tools
Reply With Quote
  #4238  
Old 09-21-2017, 2:21 PM
iDog's Avatar
iDog iDog is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 90
iTrader: 6 / 100%
Default

Update: for what it's worth. I contacted Amber like many suggested and she replied minutes later saying mine was ready. I just picked it up.

So for me, it was ready but I never received any notice. Keep that in mind folks system can be funky
Reply With Quote
  #4239  
Old 09-21-2017, 5:27 PM
Theophilus Theophilus is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 43
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

I picked up my renewal permit today. 21 days from upload to issued. I discovered my approval by accident. I was checking on the Permitium website this morning and it said "Permit(S) Delivered" for the first time on the status bar under under "Order Progress Tracker." Funny thing though, I never got an email or text. But when I called tech support at Permitium the gal said I was approved and she forwarded me the email I was supposed to have received telling me to pick it up. So I went in this afternoon and got it.
Reply With Quote
  #4240  
Old 09-25-2017, 8:03 AM
DS94901's Avatar
DS94901 DS94901 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Citrus Heights
Posts: 1,053
iTrader: 24 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDog View Post
Update: for what it's worth. I contacted Amber like many suggested and she replied minutes later saying mine was ready. I just picked it up.

So for me, it was ready but I never received any notice. Keep that in mind folks system can be funky
I hate to bug her but I had to send an e-mail to see if mine was ready too. Received notice of approval and confirmation of final payment received on 9/20 and well, I'm impatient. E-mailed amber and she's out of the office until tomorrow. Take the gamble and time off of work to drive from Rocklin and see if it's ready?
__________________
Message me if you do AR/AK receiver engraving in the Sacramento area

Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 2:19 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2016, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.