Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #161  
Old 08-28-2017, 3:47 AM
Whiskey_Tango's Avatar
Whiskey_Tango Whiskey_Tango is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: PRK
Posts: 1,111
iTrader: 19 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EM2 View Post
If humans can be smuggled in, ammo should be little problem.
"NO AMMO IS ILLEGAL!"

Can we get Soros to make us some signs?
Reply With Quote
  #162  
Old 08-28-2017, 5:51 AM
gater gater is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 55
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default AMMO

I AM A NEVADA RESIDENT. CAN I BRING MY RELOADS INTO COMMIEFORNIA?
Reply With Quote
  #163  
Old 08-28-2017, 6:06 AM
nedro nedro is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 2,718
iTrader: 7 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertkjjj View Post
"Walk" ?
Try that at the CA-AZ border.
Thinking you'll need scuba gear.
Of all the ways you can easily get into CA, you choose a river?
That's just bad planning.
__________________
Here in California; Law abiding Citizens are simply Useful Idiots and Criminals are a Protected Species.
<nedro>

"Venezuela didn't fail because the incorrectly implemented Socialism. They failed because they wholeheartedly implemented Socialism."
<Donald Trump>
Reply With Quote
  #164  
Old 08-28-2017, 9:14 AM
Ford8N's Avatar
Ford8N Ford8N is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Northern Rhovanion
Posts: 5,469
iTrader: 18 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gater View Post
I AM A NEVADA RESIDENT. CAN I BRING MY RELOADS INTO COMMIEFORNIA?
All gun owners are considered the enemy in California.
Best not to bring any weapons or ammo to California
Reply With Quote
  #165  
Old 08-28-2017, 9:58 AM
AceGirlsHusband's Avatar
AceGirlsHusband AceGirlsHusband is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 2,525
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaughtyMonkey View Post
Does it affect reloading supplies or just completed ammunition?
No reloading components... yet.
__________________
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Lorcin L380 with bottle opener mag attachment
Reply With Quote
  #166  
Old 08-28-2017, 10:20 AM
mshill's Avatar
mshill mshill is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,890
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gater View Post
I AM A NEVADA RESIDENT. CAN I BRING MY RELOADS INTO COMMIEFORNIA?
Quote:
Penal Code 30314
(a) Commencing January 1, 2018, a resident of this state shall not bring or transport into this state any ammunition that he or she purchased or otherwise obtained from outside of this state unless he or she first has that ammunition delivered to a licensed ammunition vendor for delivery to that resident pursuant to the procedures set forth in Section 30312.
...
...
(c) A violation of this section is an infraction for any first time offense, and either an infraction or a misdemeanor for any subsequent offense.
Looks like the import into the state only applies to residents of the state, and even then it is only an infraction.
__________________
Quote:
The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money.
Reply With Quote
  #167  
Old 08-28-2017, 9:00 PM
robertkjjj's Avatar
robertkjjj robertkjjj is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: San Diego County
Posts: 657
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Blog Entries: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford8N View Post
All gun owners are considered the enemy in California.
Best not to bring any weapons or ammo to California
Best to defy our would-be overlords every step of the way.
Do what you want, when you want.
Give them the big FU and middle finger.
__________________

NRA Lifetime Member. Hunter & Target Shooter.
San Diego County.
Passionate supporter of RTKBA.
Supporter of conceal and open-carry.

"It's called the Bill Of Rights. Not the Bill of Needs."

Acronyms
AR-15 Primer
CA firearms laws timeline
BLM land maps
Reply With Quote
  #168  
Old 08-29-2017, 3:35 AM
Mark49's Avatar
Mark49 Mark49 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Very So California
Posts: 585
iTrader: 9 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark49 View Post
refresh my memory~~~ Does the ammo law go into effect Jan 1st 2018 or July 1st 2018... I'm hearing two different dates. My Walmart sporting goods Mgr said July 1 2018 and they were going to keep selling ammo with the new NICS guidelines.
Bump~~~ an answers PLEASE!!!
Reply With Quote
  #169  
Old 09-04-2017, 9:37 AM
homelessdude homelessdude is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: inland empire
Posts: 760
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Wouldn't it be undocumented ammo and not illegal. Seems to work for people.
Reply With Quote
  #170  
Old 09-12-2017, 10:17 AM
troyPhD troyPhD is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 92
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default

Jan 1, 2018 cannot order online anymore. Although no one in the state has been issued a licensed to sell ammo in 2018 as of yet. So I'm guessing there might be a delay in implementation since there would be no means to purchase ammo.

Stock up now prices are low.
Reply With Quote
  #171  
Old 09-12-2017, 10:21 AM
deephouse's Avatar
deephouse deephouse is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: California
Posts: 2,996
iTrader: 24 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by troyPhD View Post
Jan 1, 2018 cannot order online anymore. Although no one in the state has been issued a licensed to sell ammo in 2018 as of yet. So I'm guessing there might be a delay in implementation since there would be no means to purchase ammo.

Stock up now prices are low.


Quite possible they could extend the date out too.



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #172  
Old 09-12-2017, 10:27 AM
troyPhD troyPhD is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 92
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default

There's gotta be a CRPA lawsuit being prepared. Speciality ammo that is only available through mail order would be choked off, as no licensed vendor in the state is going to receive them for you. We'll be limited only to what's in stock at local ammo stores. A lot of people will be irreparably harmed come Jan 1.
Reply With Quote
  #173  
Old 09-12-2017, 11:33 AM
AceGirlsHusband's Avatar
AceGirlsHusband AceGirlsHusband is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 2,525
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by troyPhD View Post
There's gotta be a CRPA lawsuit being prepared. Speciality ammo that is only available through mail order would be choked off, as no licensed vendor in the state is going to receive them for you. We'll be limited only to what's in stock at local ammo stores. A lot of people will be irreparably harmed come Jan 1.
Absolutely true. .22 Match shooters are in trouble unless they can make arrangements to buy test lots and then bulk cases of RWS, Eley or Lapua for their competitions. The State didn't consider this nor do they care.
__________________
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Lorcin L380 with bottle opener mag attachment
Reply With Quote
  #174  
Old 09-12-2017, 3:31 PM
TruOil TruOil is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 60
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark49 View Post
Bump~~~ an answers PLEASE!!!
Well, ya see, it depends...
The law pertaining to mail order shipments and vendor licensing goes into effect January 1, 2018. I assume that means (but haven't checked) that the ID, fingerprint, and APPS background check requirements for buyers, as well as the storage, display, and reporting requirements imposed on vendors go into effect on that date as well. The part about obtaining an ammo purchase ID doesn't go into effect until July 1, 2019.
Reply With Quote
  #175  
Old 09-12-2017, 3:37 PM
TruOil TruOil is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 60
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by troyPhD View Post
There's gotta be a CRPA lawsuit being prepared. Speciality ammo that is only available through mail order would be choked off, as no licensed vendor in the state is going to receive them for you. We'll be limited only to what's in stock at local ammo stores. A lot of people will be irreparably harmed come Jan 1.
The state does not care. This law was sold as a way of keeping ammo out of the hands of gang bangers and persons prohibited from possessing firearms. But what it really is, is a way to artificially inflate the cost of ammo and choke off the supply of out of state lower cost and specialty ammo, the end result of which is to discourage participation in shooting sports due to the costs involved. This is consistent with Kamala's certification of the microstamping law, the recent AR "assault weapons" registration law and future ban, the new serialization requirements for owned but unregistered weapons, etc.
Reply With Quote
  #176  
Old 09-12-2017, 4:43 PM
chris's Avatar
chris chris is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: In Texas for now
Posts: 18,152
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruOil View Post
The state does not care. This law was sold as a way of keeping ammo out of the hands of gang bangers and persons prohibited from possessing firearms. But what it really is, is a way to artificially inflate the cost of ammo and choke off the supply of out of state lower cost and specialty ammo, the end result of which is to discourage participation in shooting sports due to the costs involved. This is consistent with Kamala's certification of the microstamping law, the recent AR "assault weapons" registration law and future ban, the new serialization requirements for owned but unregistered weapons, etc.
again it's all about making gun ownership so costly and burdensome that only the rich and connected can afford it.

the racist roots of gun control are playing a direct part. Yet the media of course is silent and always will be.
__________________
http://govnews.ca.gov/gov39mail/mail.php

Quote:
Public Safety Chairman Reggie Jones Sawyer, D-Los Angeles said, “This is California; we don’t pay too much attention to the Constitution,”
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6Dj8tdSC1A
contact the governor
https://govnews.ca.gov/gov39mail/mail.php
In Memory of Spc Torres May 5th 2006 al-Hillah, Iraq. I will miss you my friend.
When Hell is full the dead will walk the Earth. (Dawn of the Dead)
NRA Life Member.
Reply With Quote
  #177  
Old 09-12-2017, 4:49 PM
chris's Avatar
chris chris is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: In Texas for now
Posts: 18,152
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruOil View Post
Well, ya see, it depends...
The law pertaining to mail order shipments and vendor licensing goes into effect January 1, 2018. I assume that means (but haven't checked) that the ID, fingerprint, and APPS background check requirements for buyers, as well as the storage, display, and reporting requirements imposed on vendors go into effect on that date as well. The part about obtaining an ammo purchase ID doesn't go into effect until July 1, 2019.
Aren't they trying use NICS and not APPS for ammo purchases? That is what i remember hearing and the FEDS said no. you're not gonna use our system just for ammo and not guns.
__________________
http://govnews.ca.gov/gov39mail/mail.php

Quote:
Public Safety Chairman Reggie Jones Sawyer, D-Los Angeles said, “This is California; we don’t pay too much attention to the Constitution,”
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6Dj8tdSC1A
contact the governor
https://govnews.ca.gov/gov39mail/mail.php
In Memory of Spc Torres May 5th 2006 al-Hillah, Iraq. I will miss you my friend.
When Hell is full the dead will walk the Earth. (Dawn of the Dead)
NRA Life Member.
Reply With Quote
  #178  
Old 09-12-2017, 5:24 PM
troyPhD troyPhD is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 92
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris View Post
Aren't they trying use NICS and not APPS for ammo purchases? That is what i remember hearing and the FEDS said no. you're not gonna use our system just for ammo and not guns.
NY's 2013 SAFE Act had a similar ammo background check law that was rescinded because they couldn't get a new infrastructure built from scratch after the Feds said no to using their NICS system. As far as I know, CA doesn't have a new background check system in place to implement the new law(s) by Jan 1. That's probably the best chance of reprieve for us.
Reply With Quote
  #179  
Old 09-12-2017, 10:59 PM
Burbur Burbur is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Ventura County
Posts: 1,106
iTrader: 11 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark49 View Post
Bump~~~ an answers PLEASE!!!
1/1/18 Must buy from a licensed dealer, no more internet purchasing.
7/1/18 Background checks, purchase authorizations required.

Quote:
Originally Posted by troyPhD View Post
Jan 1, 2018 cannot order online anymore. Although no one in the state has been issued a licensed to sell ammo in 2018 as of yet. So I'm guessing there might be a delay in implementation since there would be no means to purchase ammo.
Bold, my emphasis.

They came out with a way for ammo retailers to apply for a license; have faith, they might even implement in time.

Better yet, CA DOJ gave a pass to California Firearms Dealers; we are already considered ammo dealers, need not apply, don't have to pay the fee. If your local FFL can DROS, he is already "licensed" to sell ammo.
Reply With Quote
  #180  
Old 09-13-2017, 1:04 AM
troyPhD troyPhD is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 92
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burbur View Post
1/1/18 Must buy from a licensed dealer, no more internet purchasing.
7/1/18 Background checks, purchase authorizations required.



Bold, my emphasis.

They came out with a way for ammo retailers to apply for a license; have faith, they might even implement in time.

Better yet, CA DOJ gave a pass to California Firearms Dealers; we are already considered ammo dealers, need not apply, don't have to pay the fee. If your local FFL can DROS, he is already "licensed" to sell ammo.
Actually, I don't want them to implement in time for non FFL-retailers since that leaves another opening that could be attacked legally.

But good to know that FFLs can receive my internet order from 1/1/18 - 6/30/18 until the background checks officially start. I'm sure if I ask around my network, there's bound to be some mom & pop FFLs.
Reply With Quote
  #181  
Old 09-13-2017, 4:45 AM
Dutch3's Avatar
Dutch3 Dutch3 is offline
Dirt Farmer
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Butte County
Posts: 12,560
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by troyPhD View Post
Actually, I don't want them to implement in time for non FFL-retailers since that leaves another opening that could be attacked legally.

But good to know that FFLs can receive my internet order from 1/1/18 - 6/30/18 until the background checks officially start. I'm sure if I ask around my network, there's bound to be some mom & pop FFLs.
But are the mom & pops willing to deal with receiving, handling and storing ammo deliveries for customers? The ones I have asked stated they don't have the time or space to process customer ammo orders.
__________________
Just taking up space in the second-worst small town in California.
Reply With Quote
  #182  
Old 09-13-2017, 6:43 AM
deephouse's Avatar
deephouse deephouse is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: California
Posts: 2,996
iTrader: 24 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch3 View Post
But are the mom & pops willing to deal with receiving, handling and storing ammo deliveries for customers? The ones I have asked stated they don't have the time or space to process customer ammo orders.


If one could pull off an ammo reselling business from home, it still might not be worth the hassle. Let's just say you charged the bare min of $5 per case and then say $5 per day that customer doesn't pickup (storage fee). You would need to coordinate 20 orders to have them pickup the day the shipment arrives.... just to make $100.

Unless you've got some type of automated SMS/email notification system when the ordering arrives .... anything past 2 hours of work is too much. So that's 10 orders per hour, 6 minutes per customer. All that added traffic of people in and out of your neighborhood in a 2 hour span, your neighbors are going to wonder wtf is going on.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #183  
Old 09-13-2017, 6:48 AM
Spyder's Avatar
Spyder Spyder is offline
Just me, baby. Just me.
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: In a shack, in the woods
Posts: 10,315
iTrader: 90 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burbur View Post
have faith...
In CA? In government doing the right thing/being efficient/not being corrupt? Good luck with that...
Reply With Quote
  #184  
Old 09-13-2017, 1:40 PM
troyPhD troyPhD is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 92
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch3 View Post
But are the mom & pops willing to deal with receiving, handling and storing ammo deliveries for customers? The ones I have asked stated they don't have the time or space to process customer ammo orders.
This would be a contact doing me a favor as a friend. There are many hobbyists in the 2A community who happen to have FFLs, often collector types or small business gunsmiths, etc.

But yes, it sucks for the general population as they become disenfranchised by the new law. The poor, etc.
Reply With Quote
  #185  
Old 09-17-2017, 7:56 PM
Burbur Burbur is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Ventura County
Posts: 1,106
iTrader: 11 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder View Post
In CA? In government doing the right thing/being efficient/not being corrupt? Good luck with that...
Have faith.... In them being able to screw us over.

As far as finding LGS's willing to do transfers for five bucks. The liability of my employee hurting their back picking up your case of ammo cost me more than $5.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:06 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2016, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.