Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Southern California Chapters > Ventura Chapter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-20-2013, 7:53 AM

Default FFL in Thousand Oaks?

I am located in Santa Barbara and may be doing a private party transaction with someone from Los Angeles. To minimize driving for both of us, I am trying to find an FFL in the Thousand Oaks area to complete it. I have found a Turner's in Reseda and know of the Turner's in Oxnard but would like to find something in between. Does anyone know of an FFL in the Thousand Oaks area?

Thanks
Old 07-20-2013, 8:42 AM
Veteran Member

You can try EBR in Newbury Park. But he is by appointment only.

Otherwise there are some shops in Simi. Check this thread for their info...
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=660475
Old 07-20-2013, 9:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacticalPlinker View Post
You can try EBR in Newbury Park. But he is by appointment only.
Michael and Michelle would be my first choice, and they will take great care of you at EBR.

If you cannot get an appointment, Big 5 handled a recent transaction for me at one of their stores in Fresno. They have a store in Thousand Oaks, so you might want to call them and ask.
Old 07-20-2013, 9:37 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

If it is a long gun, call Big 5 and verify that they will do it for you particular gun. Tea, they should but, most of the employees don't know that much about firearms and might be uncomfortable PPTing certain firearms.

Otherwise, there are only 2 FFLs in TO that I'm aware of, EBR Works and Sinister Arms. Both are by appointment only and both are friends of mine. Even though they are friends, I'd rather not deal with the appointment thing and prefer to PPT at Fort Courage in Simi or Addax in San Fernando.
Utah CCW Instructor

Offering low cost multi state CCW, private basic shooting and reloading classes for calgunners.

CCW SAFE MEMBERSHIPS HERE

KM6WLV
Old 07-21-2013, 10:50 AM
Garv Overlord
CGN Contributor

Location: 805, Caught Between My Woman And My Pistol And My Chips

+1 for EBR Works, you won't regret going with them. About the appointment, sometimes it's a benefit, you get a scheduled time and get one on one personalized service. Avoid the crowds and all that. Love me some Turners but they do tend to get packed.

From EBR page
Quote:
We are located Southern Ventura County in Newbury Park, CA (Thousand Oaks area). Service is by appointment only.

info@ebrworks.com
877-905-2673 Voice & Fax

Hours:
We schedule appointments for Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday & Saturday from 11AM-6PM. We answer telephone & email inquiries during these hours and on Thursdays as well. All calls that go to voice mail will be returned in a timely manner during these hours. Calls and emails received after hours will be returned the next business day.

We are closed on Sundays and Mondays and we do not schedule appointments on Thursdays.
Also, check the sticky at the top of this forum. It's not all inclusive, there may be some table top guys not listed but it's a start. ETA: Oops, tacticalplinker already linked you to this above.

Local Ventura Area Gun Stores & Ranges

And finally, bring your new purchase to our monthly shoot in Ventura if you're so inclined. Last Friday of every month at Island View Enterprises. July meet LINK.

Last edited by readysetgo; 07-21-2013 at 10:55 AM..
Old 07-21-2013, 12:43 PM

Fort Courage Armory in Simi Valley would be a good choice for a walk in. They are nice folks and fine with doing PPTs.
Old 07-22-2013, 6:32 AM

Guys,
Thanks for all of the input. I'll see what the other side wants to do. Since he will be coming from LA, Simi Valley may be farther than he wants to go.
readysetgo, thanks for the link. Fridays are always busy but I'll see if I can fit it in.
Old 07-22-2013, 7:43 AM

EBRWorks right off of the Ventu Park exit near TO. You couldn't pay me to go anywhere else.
Old 07-23-2013, 9:13 PM
Vendor/Retailer

+1 on EBR Works
Old 07-24-2013, 6:32 AM

We had to work around the other person's schedule which was very fluid so we ended up doing the PPT at Turner's in Oxnard. A young woman did our paperwork and things went very smoothly. Thanks for all of the input and I will keep EBR in mind for next time.