Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Rimfire Firearms
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Rimfire Firearms .22, .17 and other Rimfire Handguns and Rifles

Old 12-19-2011, 4:00 PM
Veteran Member

Default Smith Wesson M&P 22 Constant FTF's.

I have a Smith & Wesson M&P 22 that is about 1000 rounds old. When I first got it it had no failures of any kind. Over time it is increasing in failure to feed's and has gotten tot he point that it happens once every 10 rounds. It happens with both mags in equal amounts.

I have tried just about all the bulk ammo and even some various match which does not seem to help.

The gun is squeaky clean every time I go out. It does seem to run better in the beginning and after 3 mags it starts to give problems.

The extractor looks good, it is clean. Not sure what to check.

Thanks, sammy

Originally Posted by icallshotgun88:

I'm sorry, but if you don't think Glocks are reliable then we can't be friends...
Old 12-19-2011, 7:14 PM
Veteran Member

Sounds like maybe something developed a burr or wore strangely.Call S&W,their customer service is supposed to be pretty good.
Old 12-21-2011, 3:17 AM
Veteran Member

1) Are you using Remmington Gold crap? That made mine jam every 2-3 rounds?

2) Did you oil it after you cleaned it? I know it sounds like a stupid question, but I did it by accident once and had the same problems as you.

CLICK HERE for a San Diego County WIN!

CLICK HERE to read my research review on the fight-or-flight response and its application to firearm training
Old 12-21-2011, 5:37 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Perhaps your extractor got bent. One of the tweaks in the S&W forum is to bend it (carefully) so it's almost touching the bolt during operation. It won't get a good grip on the case rim if it's too far away.

If you don't want to mess with it, just send the gun back to S&W on their dime and they will fix it for you. You should have it back within a couple weeks.
Old 12-21-2011, 4:33 PM
Veteran Member

Thanks for the replies.

I called S&W and the nice lady on the phone said they have not "updated" my rifle and want me to send it in. She is sending a call tag in the next few days.

Anyway, I will update when i get it back and test it.

Thanks, Sammy

Originally Posted by icallshotgun88:

I'm sorry, but if you don't think Glocks are reliable then we can't be friends...