Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Concealed Carry Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Concealed Carry Discussion General discussion regarding CCW/LTC in California

Old 02-05-2013, 4:34 PM

Default Placer county LiveScan today

I was told today when I went in for my LiveScan that it would be 8 tof 12 weeks before they got the report from LiveScan. I hope it doesn't take that long but it is what it is. I also asked about renewal and she told me that they now allow walk-ups and if I came in a day early that would be ok. They will give a 30 day extension on a renewal and they do not do another LiveScan but they do check other records.

It was nice to actually see the permit, sign it and address an envelope for when the Sheriff actually signs it and mails it to me.
Old 02-21-2013, 9:07 PM

Lucky you.
Just made my interview appointment last week....they'll see me in september...
Old 02-22-2013, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB_guns_rule View Post
Lucky you.
Just made my interview appointment last week....they'll see me in september...
Ouch! that sucks.......I been looking at the calender for opening for modifications and it looks bleek....
Most of the further discussion beyond the clear concise answer is usually people just trying to convince others that the Penal Code/Case Law doesn't really apply because their uncle's friend's cousin's son-in-law works as a gardener for a retired judge from another state who might or might not have said he doesn't think it applies to a certain case that has absolutely nothing to do with the question the OP asked.
Old 02-22-2013, 5:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkqpine View Post
I was told today when I went in for my LiveScan that it would be 8 tof 12 weeks before they got the report from LiveScan. I hope it doesn't take that long but it is what it is. I also asked about renewal and she told me that they now allow walk-ups and if I came in a day early that would be ok. They will give a 30 day extension on a renewal and they do not do another LiveScan but they do check other records.

It was nice to actually see the permit, sign it and address an envelope for when the Sheriff actually signs it and mails it to me.
They had the "Walk up renewal" marquis scrolling on the placer co. SO website for a short time, and now I no longer see it, don't know if that means they will not be doing it again but....

Also, after looking at the renewal schedule, it looks like it might be wise to start thinking about your renewal six to seven months ahead of time....
Old 03-05-2013, 7:58 AM
Veteran Member

I scheduled my interview november 1 2012, my interview took place feb 26th 2013 and my livescan is set for 25 june 2013....
Old 03-05-2013, 6:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911whore View Post
I scheduled my interview november 1 2012, my interview took place feb 26th 2013 and my livescan is set for 25 june 2013....
I'm guessing you didn't get one of these:

"We have cancelled this appointment because your application has not yet been approved. Within 30 days after your New CCW Permit interview, you will receive notice of approval or disapproval. If approved, you will be able to schedule your LiveScan appointment at that point."
Old 03-07-2013, 7:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1meanchevy View Post
They had the "Walk up renewal" marquis scrolling on the placer co. SO website for a short time, and now I no longer see it, don't know if that means they will not be doing it again but....

Also, after looking at the renewal schedule, it looks like it might be wise to start thinking about your renewal six to seven months ahead of time....
When I went in for the LiveScan last month Jan. '13 I asked specifically about renewal process. They told me that they are now doing walk-ins. I asked how far in advance I should apply for renewal and she told me a day or two since they give you 30 days for the renewal to come in. Since there is no LiveScan again the process only takes a day or so.
Old 03-08-2013, 1:18 PM

So when you guys went in for your interview, were you given your live scan appointment on the spot? Thats what they did to me. But they said I could receive a letter stating I was denied or get a call stating they needed more for my good cause. Did any of you receive a letter saying you were approved? I'm kind of in limbo right now
Old 03-08-2013, 1:25 PM
In Memoriam

Quote:
8 tof 12 weeks before they got the report from LiveScan
I wonder why. It is all electrons. I have had a lot of LiveScams (spelling intended) and had results in a week, sometimes hours.
Old 03-08-2013, 3:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul0660 View Post
I wonder why. It is all electrons. I have had a lot of LiveScams (spelling intended) and had results in a week, sometimes hours.
More unfortunate sequester fallout.
Old 03-11-2013, 7:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vr6veedub View Post
So when you guys went in for your interview, were you given your live scan appointment on the spot? Thats what they did to me. But they said I could receive a letter stating I was denied or get a call stating they needed more for my good cause. Did any of you receive a letter saying you were approved? I'm kind of in limbo right now

When I met with the officer doing the interview he said it would take a few weeks to get approved or declined since it had to travel up the chain of command. Once it is approved I would be notified that I had a LiveScan appt. I like this because it costs a bundle for a LiveScan and Placer County gets everything done and approved on their end before having you do the LiveScan. When I arrived for the LiveScan appt. all the info was checked and the license was printed and I signed it along with addressing an envelope for when the LiveScan came in approved and the Sheriff signed the license. The officer who did the interview as very polite and helpful and gave me his card and said that I could call him anytime if I had any questions.
Old 03-11-2013, 9:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkqpine View Post
When I met with the officer doing the interview he said it would take a few weeks to get approved or declined since it had to travel up the chain of command. Once it is approved I would be notified that I had a LiveScan appt. I like this because it costs a bundle for a LiveScan and Placer County gets everything done and approved on their end before having you do the LiveScan. When I arrived for the LiveScan appt. all the info was checked and the license was printed and I signed it along with addressing an envelope for when the LiveScan came in approved and the Sheriff signed the license. The officer who did the interview as very polite and helpful and gave me his card and said that I could call him anytime if I had any questions.
Thanks for the input. I guess they changed the way they are doing things. Their website explains exactly what you described, however my experience was different. I went for my interview, submitted all paperwork and good cause, was told approval may take a few weeks. Then he said if I was denied they would send me a letter stating so. Or if they needed more of a good cause they would call me directly. After he explained all of this he handed me a business card, on the back had my case number and the date for my livescan appointment. He made no mention of an approval letter or a call verifying that I was approved. Thats why I was curious what everyone elses experience was. Though my Livescan is months away, would be great to know if I was approved or not baring receiving a denial letter.