Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Ladies Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Ladies Forum A place for our female Calgunners to discuss, share and interact without the 'excess attention' sometimes found in online forums.

Old 10-11-2012, 6:00 AM

Another guy saying you reacted reasonably. Gun or not, lifting a woman's shirt without her permission is unacceptable as an assault on your privacy. I would bet this is not the first or last time this lower life form will get punched.
Old 10-11-2012, 4:28 PM
I need a LIFE!!

1. What he did was worthy of an *** kicking.
2. At least you were able to identify an idiot without too much trouble. If he's stupid enough to do that, he's stupid enough to do something worse later and it's not worth hanging around people like that until something bad happens.
Old 10-11-2012, 5:20 PM
C3 Contributor
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

As for me I'll be one friend less ... but that's just me!! So "NO" you didn't over react!!!
Old 10-11-2012, 5:40 PM

Hmm, the definitive low-blow... and yet I think you showed restraint.
Old 10-11-2012, 5:47 PM

Find him, get him to join, and then ban him.
Old 10-11-2012, 8:57 PM

Good for you - hope he learns his lesson. Now it sounds like you also need to educate your texting friend that some things don't get joke about.
Old 10-11-2012, 9:10 PM
Veteran Member

I guess I'll join this dogpile. What a story! That was a very serious error in judgement on the part of this person.

I think you did him a big favor by reacting so strongly. It means he'll learn this lesson as fast as possible, and be all the better for it.
Old 10-11-2012, 9:27 PM
Veteran Member

You're thinking way too hard about this.

An idiot made a choice to push this particular button. It wasn't an accident it had been thought about. He received a reaction that had to have been at least contemplated.

Nothing wrong on your part. If I'm camping with my sidearm exposed, I'm going to react to someone zeroing in on that sidearm.

You have a responsibility to maintain absolute control of your sidearm. You did good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugguts View Post
LOL I am a woman. I reacted before I actually thought about it because all I knew was someone was grabbing my clothes and it could have been a stranger. Why would someone even do that other than just being stupid?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone_Gunman View Post
They want to be rulers. Well I don't effing want to be ruled, I want to be represented.
Old 10-12-2012, 11:13 AM
Space Cadet

Quote:
...she thinks I overreacted and I should just expect people to do that to me if they know I am carrying.
WTF? In that case, people who walk up behind you, grab you without your permission, and start trying to lift or remove items of your clothing, "should just expect to be injured".

I think the reaction was entirely appropriate, considering you were CCWing in a public place. Your friend who thinks you overreacted is a dingbat.
Old 10-12-2012, 11:19 AM
C3 Leader

Anymore recent news on the idjit who did the inappropriate thing? He needs to be velcroed to the ceiling, thx

If you live in Solano County, please join us at:
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/group.php?groupid=12

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
Old 10-12-2012, 4:46 PM
Cat-in-a Box/NRA Lifetime

Bug, it would also seem that letting anyone within this group know you have your CCW was a mistake.......and at this point you don't know who has told who and how many people now know that would never have known. remember: loose lips sink ships. in this instance it could make you a target of not just this idiot but anyone wanting to get a gun to use illegally.
"The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her own pantyhose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound."-- as seen on a t-shirt
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shootist View Post
Just use it for an excuse to keep buying "her" guns till you find the right one...good way to check off your wanted to buy list with the idea of finding her the one she wants of course :D
Old 10-12-2012, 4:53 PM

If someone came up behind my wife, pulled up her shirt and exposed her revolver, she'd put him on his ***. If I was there and saw my wife having to react in such a manner there's a good chance I'd have drawn my snubby on him.
It was an idiotic thing to do. You should have hit him harded to prevent procreation and end an obviously faulty genetic line.

Last edited by snubbyfan; 10-12-2012 at 5:58 PM..
Old 10-12-2012, 5:39 PM
Veteran Member

I can see I don't need to say anything ... but that never stopped me. I think you should be commended for the self defense move you executed in a most unexpected situation. You can train and practice but to standup at an unexpected moment and deliver the punch on target that's good work.
Mike
""When you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - When you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - When you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don’t protect you against them, but protect them against you - When you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - You may know that your society is doomed." -- Ayn Rand, "Atlas Shrugged", 1957"
Old 10-12-2012, 6:05 PM

its less about the "concealed" part and more on the "keep your hands to yourself", and respect others. your safety should be more important than your friends opinions, what if he had tried to "jokingly" grab your gun to mess with you?. hell no stay away from losers like that. you reacted fine. dont cave in to peer pressure, do what you think is right, and remember that YOU choose your friends, and who you hang around with WILL shape who you are. he sounds like an immature ***, dont be around him. period.
Old 10-12-2012, 6:13 PM
Calguns Addict

He's over 40, and thought yanking up a womans shirt in public (aside from the CCW) was a smart move? And they defended him? Sounds like you need a new group of freinds.

BTW, your only mistake was not hitting him hard enough to guarantee whatever brand of stupid his genetic code carries isn't passed on to a new generation. People that stupid should be neutered for the good of society.

When did I go from being a "citizen" to a "taxpayer"?

Jon Lovitz: ‘I can’t wait to go to a hospital run by the DMV!’

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestryll View Post
Dude went full CNN...
Peace, love, and heavy weapons. Sometimes you have to be insistent." - David Lee Roth

Last edited by njineermike; 10-13-2012 at 11:10 AM..
Old 10-13-2012, 10:59 AM

i see that Bugguts has been posting but not in this thread.......i admit to being curious as to how she handled her so-called friends. Bug, update, please!
"The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her own pantyhose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound."-- as seen on a t-shirt
Quote:
Just use it for an excuse to keep buying "her" guns till you find the right one...good way to check off your wanted to buy list with the idea of finding her the one she wants of course :D
Old 10-13-2012, 11:56 AM

Oh sorry. LOL A couple of my other friends talked to her and let her know that it was not kosher and they carry also and would not have appreciated being grabbed from behind and having their gun exposed either. She doesn't get it and so I've just explained that I won't go places with her or the guy and they are of the same mind. It's not a huge loss as neither of them are people that I hang out with frequently. LOL
Old 10-13-2012, 12:18 PM

thanks for the update. had he done that with someone else, he might not be around to complain. i do hope that word of mouth re your CCW and/or the incident doesn't make you a target of further assault....because in my book, that is exactly what he did: he assaulted you.
Quote:
Old 10-13-2012, 2:47 PM

Quote:
............ Did he deserve to get hit in the nuts? Yes. Hopefully he will think twice the next time he tries to be funny.
Yes, I think he did. Don't know that I would have, or could have, done the same thing myself, but good for you.
Old 10-13-2012, 3:16 PM

Lone Wolf ! Honey! How ya been? I'm not getting to our other forum much lately, but I'm glad to see you here. I missed you.

Just for the sake of argument, what would you have done differently in Bugs's situation? You have a good deal more training that most of us, so I'm interested.

Be well.

B
• Don't have children until you're married five years or at least age 30.
• Put 10% of your salary into savings every month no matter how broke you are.
• Don't ever screw around with the IRS.
• Keep a handgun on your bedside table.
• Don't smart-mouth judges, or cops who stop you on the road.
Old 10-13-2012, 4:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonnieB View Post
Lone Wolf ! Honey! How ya been? I'm not getting to our other forum much lately, but I'm glad to see you here. I missed you.

Just for the sake of argument, what would you have done differently in Bugs's situation? You have a good deal more training that most of us, so I'm interested.

Be well.

B
Hey Bonnie! Good to see you, too. As for me, I'll just say that me and chemo don't get along, and the chemo's winning.

I'm not sure where you got the idea that I've had a lot more training, I really haven't. Very little hand-to-hand-training at all. I've had firearm training in the past, but not combat type training. Which is irrelevant anymore, since I don't carry. What I could and would have done in that situation is limited mostly by the fact that I'm middle-aged and disabled, I simply can't push or hit near enough to have any effect. What I'd have had to do is yelp like I was being assaulted, and tell that thug to keep his hands off. Then I'd follow up by leaving, just like the OP did.
Old 10-13-2012, 5:08 PM

Great post Bugs. And I think you handled the situation perfectly !
Old 10-13-2012, 5:44 PM

First off, I am male, and 41 yrs. old, so with that being said, I applaud your actions in this scenario, and if anything, I think you UNDERREACTED. If I were carrying concealed, and anyone came up behind me and lifted my shirt specifically where it concealed my firearm, and not knowing their intentions, I would probably break them in half.

This guys age, and the pre-existing knowledge that everyone in the group is carrying, or at least licensed to do so, SHOULD dictate a certain level of appropriate behavior.

Also, as was mentioned repeatedly in previous posts, what the hell was he thinking just coming up behind you and pulling your shirt up? Just inappropriate, no matter how you look at it, that alone IMO justifies a beating. I suspect this douchebag was probably spoiled rotten as a youth by mommy, or a chauvinist father, and was never taught how to properly act/behave around women.

Anyone in your group that does not fully understand the level of stupidity of this persons actions, is not worth associating with, you will be better of NOT being around them.
Old 10-13-2012, 8:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSoul View Post

Also, as was mentioned repeatedly in previous posts, what the hell was he thinking just coming up behind you and pulling your shirt up?
I can only speculate, but I think this guy pulls this **** with women because he thinks they won't hit him! The way that a right thinking man might. The definition of a bully ! Pick on someone who won't hit you back.

Personally, I'm thrilled that Bugs hit him hard, but didn't kill him. For her sake, not his...
• Don't have children until you're married five years or at least age 30.
• Put 10% of your salary into savings every month no matter how broke you are.
• Don't ever screw around with the IRS.
• Keep a handgun on your bedside table.
• Don't smart-mouth judges, or cops who stop you on the road.
Old 10-14-2012, 5:59 AM
Calguns Addict

Total DB to do that, Id avoid that idiot. Next time if some how you have no choice let them go in first and always be aware of your surroundings.
Old 10-14-2012, 8:07 AM

You should also be more careful about who you tell that you carry. No one needs to know.

He was still wrong, but you could have prevented it, by not telling everyone that you carry.
Old 10-15-2012, 7:53 PM
CGSSA Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverTauron View Post
Once a girl I took for a date got pissed I wasn't volunteering to be her sugar daddy, so she thought tossing a false brandishing charge would be a better revenge tactic than the old standby of keying my car. I learned a lot more than I wanted to about state laws regarding CCW after that incident.
"girl" is exactly what that person was. Some girls just give others a horrible name. And we wonder why there is a shortage of nice guys.

I agree with everyone here. I dont think you overreacted at all. Take the CCW side of the situation out of the scenario and the results will still be the same. It is NOT ok for anyone to invade your personal pace and body. He should be happy you didnt press charges against him.

Sorry this happened to you stay strong and safe.
Old 10-17-2012, 10:14 AM

Quote:
This morning I went out to breakfast with some friends and I was carrying. No biggie. My friends know I have a CCW and nobody cares and most of them have them too. We all got out of our cars and headed in the restaurant and one of the guys with us was behind me. He is generally an *** and I don't usually go anywhere that he is because I just don't like him or his attitude but anyway... As we walk in, he is behind me and he grabs my shirt and yanks it up and says "You packin' today?" and exposes my Sig. My first reaction was to slam my fist backwards and hit him in the nuts so I did. I then yanked my shirt over my gun and turned to him and told him that if he ever pulled that **** again he would find himself doubled over for a different reason. I then told my friends that I would not be joining them for breakfast or any other thing that involved that person and I left.

One of my friends sent me a text saying that she thinks I overreacted and I should just expect people to do that to me if they know I am carrying. WTF? I have friends that carry and never have I thought to expose them in public. It's nobody's business and unless they are printing or exposing then no one mentions it.

Did I handle it correctly? Who knows. Did he deserve to get hit in the nuts? Yes. Hopefully he will think twice the next time he tries to be funny.
First off, good job. You are not under the age of 18 and in high school! And in the first place a man should NEVER touch you in that manner, and no, he has NO right to ever touch you, lift or pull your clothing, open your purse, take your purse, etc. You are justified in instinctive reaction. If they know hes a jerk, and they are trying to justify his playful antics, they need a check.

If it were me, I'd have twisted his arm, swiped his leg, and pulled ties from my side, and zip tie him to the ground. I take that kind of bull5h*t seriously. You are responsible for your weapon and to keep it concealed. Anyway you look at it, he is at solid fault. Over reacting? No. Dunno the kind of circles you travel in, but if I was out with any of my friends, especially if some of my brothers or their friends were around? And some random hanger on came along and lifted my shirt? One of my brothers would probably hook him good and tell him to GTFO of there and not come around our activities again.

If your friends are trying to protect his actions, they have problems. No scale is used in this occurance. You are fine.
Old 10-18-2012, 9:33 AM
In Memoriam

Guy here, So you were walking and a person (you did not know who at the time) grabbed your clothing and you reacted by delivering a quick punch.

Well done.
Old 10-18-2012, 10:50 AM
Veteran Member

I agree with everyone here. The guy is a moron and deserved it.

Your reaction was top notch. Granted if he wanted to press assault charges it could have gotten nasty too but the fact that he grabbed at your gun (even if just your shirt) may have been reason enough for the self-defense as an initial reaction.

Sidearms or anything about them is nothing to joke about. What if he had gripped it accidentally? Not to mention displaying the gun in a public place could have panic'd a nearby customer and had the cops called, then it's just a big mess.
WTB: multiautomatic ghost gun with a .30-caliber clip to disperse with 30 bullets within half a second. Must include shoulder thing that goes up. Memberships/Affiliations: CERT, ARRL ARES, NRA Patron Member, HRC, CGN/CGSSA, Cal-FFL
Old 10-18-2012, 10:59 AM

New here but I'll pop in my .02

#1- I certainly would have reacted as strongly had I been carrying or not, I agree with the overwhelming majority here that it was assault.

#2- This guy knew you carry and made a damn joke about it. Not something that imo should ever be joked about or played with. He showed blatant disrespect towards both you and your right to carry descreetly. All it would have taken was one prissy uptight 'person' to see it and you could have spent quite a bit of time with local law enforcement showing your card, them making sure it is 'legal'.

Nicely handled. He's luck that's all he got.

Last edited by Mrs Rabbit; 10-18-2012 at 11:06 AM..
Old 10-18-2012, 4:15 PM

welcome, Mrs Rabbit!
Quote: