Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Ladies Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Ladies Forum A place for our female Calgunners to discuss, share and interact without the 'excess attention' sometimes found in online forums.

Old 01-14-2018, 4:29 PM
Arizona Ex-Pat
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Arrow Women on Target - 2018 Schedule

Women on Target - 2018 Schedule

Have people in your life tried to show you “how to shoot”, only to end up making sure you never wanted to touch a gun ever again? Then this is the perfect place to get back in the saddle. No husbands, boyfriends or other ego driven detractors are allowed in our classes! Our goal is to provide quality training with a focus on safety. We want you to be comfortable and have the best experience possible. This is a non-competitive event designed to introduce women to the shooting sports with proper instruction and focused on learning safety and having fun. Classes are fun & informative!

If you are interested in a particular class, please sign up at the CGSSA Evenbrite Sign Up Calendar 2018.

What are you waiting for? Come join the fun!

The CGSSA Women on Target program has the same standards and goals as the NRA Women on Target program - https://wot.nra.org/.

We teach them every month at Burro Canyon Shooting Park.

Cost: Generally $60, Preregistration required. Includes eye and ear protection, range fee, loaner firearm, ammo, targets.

All classes are taught with rimfire pistols/rifles.

Pistol classes are limited to 10 students.

Rifle classes are limited to 12 students.

Bring your lunch. We recommend a hat and high necked T shirt.

As a loose rule, Women On Target schedule is usually the first Saturday of each month at Burro Canyon, unless of course there is a holiday like July 4. Private dates for groups can be arranged for groups of 6 or more people.

If you are interested in a particular class, please sign up at the CGSSA Evenbrite Sign Up Calendar 2018.

Email us at WomenOntarget@CGSSA.Org for more information.

If you would like to help with the Women On Target program, we are always looking for volunteers and instructors! Please e-mail jacob@cgssa.org to learn how you can contribute.

Safe Shooting!

Ps 25:4-5 NLT Show me the right path, O Lord; point out the road for me to follow. Lead me by your truth and teach me, for you are the God who saves me. All day long I put my hope in you.

Last edited by pennys dad; 01-14-2018 at 7:19 PM..
Old 02-18-2018, 11:40 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

My lady said she very much liked the class on sturday the 17th...

Looking to get her into a rifle class next.

Thanks
Old 02-19-2018, 4:59 AM
Arizona Ex-Pat
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by afteractionreport View Post
My lady said she very much liked the class on sturday the 17th...

Looking to get her into a rifle class next.

Thanks
Hi
I saw the your email address on the registration page for this past weekend, Thank you.
The rifle class is May 5th follow the link: cgssawot.eventbrite.com

Or email me jacob@cgssa.org
March 17th will be another Women On Target class just smaller

Ps 25:4-5 NLT Show me the right path, O Lord; point out the road for me to follow. Lead me by your truth and teach me, for you are the God who saves me. All day long I put my hope in you.
Old 08-18-2018, 4:10 PM

Are there any classes around the Sacramento area? Met a young lady today and during the conversation she expressed a desire to learn to shoot. She has never shot a gun and right now sleeps with pepper spray. I told her to do a search for Women on Target and when I got home I also did a search with no luck.

I did give her my business card and told her if she could not find anything to email me and I would see what I could find so I am asking for help.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 08-19-2018, 8:06 PM

There is a very active chapter of The Well Armed Woman in Sacramento. She could contact them through the national website. She could find instruction with their help.