Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Official Events
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

CGSSA Official Events Booths, Gun Show Events and other Official occasions. (Limited Posting)

View Poll Results: Have you signed or donated or sent this to a friend?
HELL YES I HAVE! 654 97.18%
There is "NO" Option if you are California Shooter? Just get it DONE! 19 2.82%
Voters: 673. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-05-2012, 9:22 PM

hey where's the facebook coverpage photo/pics that i can use?? someone needs to make some up so we can put some propaganda on our FB pages!
Old 07-05-2012, 10:11 PM

This is very depressing...
Old 07-05-2012, 10:12 PM

When it is law what can we do to keep our guns?
Old 07-06-2012, 1:17 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just-in View Post
When it is law
http://stopsb249.org/sb-249-faq.

Quote:
what can we do to keep our guns?
http://stopsb249.org/take-action.

-Brandon

I do not read private messages, and my inbox is usually full. If you need to reach me, please email me instead.

My comments are not the official position or a statement of any organization unless stated otherwise. My comments are not legal advice; if you want or need legal advice, hire a lawyer.
Old 07-06-2012, 1:21 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kablooie View Post
hey where's the facebook coverpage photo/pics that i can use?? someone needs to make some up so we can put some propaganda on our FB pages!
Like this one?

I do not read private messages, and my inbox is usually full. If you need to reach me, please email me instead.

My comments are not the official position or a statement of any organization unless stated otherwise. My comments are not legal advice; if you want or need legal advice, hire a lawyer.
Old 07-06-2012, 8:53 AM

Quote:
What do you mean? NO SURRENDER, NO RETREAT! I've read to many cowardly suggestions in this thread alone... If our government is willing to take our guns then the time has come. Let's gather in Sacramento and send a message. Enough is enough. I would rather die on my feet than live as a coward.
Old 07-06-2012, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief2Guns View Post
What do you mean? NO SURRENDER, NO RETREAT! I've read to many cowardly suggestions in this thread alone... If our government is willing to take our guns then the time has come. Let's gather in Sacramento and send a message. Enough is enough. I would rather die on my feet than live as a coward.
Preach it brother. We have retreated this far - NO FARTHER!
Old 07-06-2012, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief2Guns View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePatriot View Post
Preach it brother. We have retreated this far - NO FARTHER!
Do i sense a rally?????.....

Bbq on the capitol steps....
Old 07-07-2012, 2:28 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 760practicalshooter View Post
If they are going after the "Mag-magnet" only, what is the issue? If it has nothing to do with the BB.
Thats the spirit!
Old 07-07-2012, 10:39 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffrice6 View Post
Thats the spirit!
Just to make sure your not trolling me, the "Mag-Magnet" if used creates an illegal firearm. If it's illegal and they are trying to make it more illegal, who cares. Now if they are going after all BB's then of course this is non-sense and should be contested.

BTW I did sign both petitions against SB249

Last edited by 760practicalshooter; 07-08-2012 at 11:27 PM..
Old 07-07-2012, 3:16 PM

I get pissed off when i see politicians waste tax payers money on criminalizing stuff and increasing our spending for things while avoiding to tackle the hard problems.

i sent a personal email to this bunch in addition to sign the petition. it went something like this (this is what i sent leland yee directly).

I have a concern regarding your bill SB249.
First off there is no evidence that criminalizing the item described in the bill will reduce any ongoing or future crimes. Thus you are creating a law because it is possible, not because it solves any issues we are confronted with in our state.

secondly we are in the worst recession in the last 100 years. Our communities are going bankrupt, our children are unable to find jobs. During this crisis i am severely disappointed that you choose to waste the taxpayers money on a law and doj resources on legislation to solve non-existent problems. I consider this the worst form of politics, when elected officials choose to avoid to tackle the difficult problems we face as a nation and instead spend time on their pet causes that doesnt aim to better any citizen of our states lives.

As it stands right now i am disappointed in that you have chosen to spend time on what is a distraction and not a hot burning issue for the citizens of this state.

what i hope you will do is recognize that laws that criminalizes things because they can lead to crimes which arent prevalent is a waste of tax payers money, it serves only special interests and doesnt help our state to get out of the trouble we are in. My plea to you and your staff is to focus on the rampant drug and gang problems we have in our state by spending more money on the police and preventative treatment, solve the underlying issue of criminality which is rooted in unemployment and economic opportunity and stop wasting your time on symbolic bills which makes you feel good but wastes our money.

In times like this it is important that our leaders lead by focusing on the big picture -and right now that is economy and opportunity for the people of this state.

respectfully,
Old 07-07-2012, 9:39 PM

Thumbs up Nice response!

Quote:
Originally Posted by parb View Post
I get pissed off when i see politicians waste tax payers money on criminalizing stuff and increasing our spending for things while avoiding to tackle the hard problems.

i sent a personal email to this bunch in addition to sign the petition. it went something like this (this is what i sent leland yee directly).

I have a concern regarding your bill SB249.
First off there is no evidence that criminalizing the item described in the bill will reduce any ongoing or future crimes. Thus you are creating a law because it is possible, not because it solves any issues we are confronted with in our state.

secondly we are in the worst recession in the last 100 years. Our communities are going bankrupt, our children are unable to find jobs. During this crisis i am severely disappointed that you choose to waste the taxpayers money on a law and doj resources on legislation to solve non-existent problems. I consider this the worst form of politics, when elected officials choose to avoid to tackle the difficult problems we face as a nation and instead spend time on their pet causes that doesnt aim to better any citizen of our states lives.

As it stands right now i am disappointed in that you have chosen to spend time on what is a distraction and not a hot burning issue for the citizens of this state.

what i hope you will do is recognize that laws that criminalizes things because they can lead to crimes which arent prevalent is a waste of tax payers money, it serves only special interests and doesnt help our state to get out of the trouble we are in. My plea to you and your staff is to focus on the rampant drug and gang problems we have in our state by spending more money on the police and preventative treatment, solve the underlying issue of criminality which is rooted in unemployment and economic opportunity and stop wasting your time on symbolic bills which makes you feel good but wastes our money.

In times like this it is important that our leaders lead by focusing on the big picture -and right now that is economy and opportunity for the people of this state.

respectfully,
This why I like these forums. We all try to send a message, but some are a little more eloquent than others. Nice messaging and so very true. These politicians always choose the wrong battles to fight. We should see more work done improving our schools and legislating against political and corporate crimes. I guess rich legislators don't want to step on any of their rich donors, easier to legislate against the common people.
Old 07-07-2012, 11:15 PM

bump

NRA,SAF,CGF
CCRKBA
"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance" - Thomas Jefferson
Old 07-08-2012, 2:25 AM

this legislation will pass in some form or another in the near future. I knew as soon as big 5 and turners started selling black rifles to every person who walked in that it would get out of hand and be over. something similar happened with open carry...and look what happened. CA isn't a gun state. I hope to eat my own words on this one but im a realist.
Old 07-08-2012, 2:11 PM

is the mag-magnet that little red thing that screws into the bullet button? when does this law take affect and where can i buy them in bulk prior to the ban?

yee is such an idiot, his city san francisco is full of illegal immigrant gangsters, unmentionable crime in the tenderloin and mission, and hes worried about bullet buttons. i sent him an email saying i was a constituent and deeply concerned and dissapointed with his law.
Old 07-08-2012, 3:24 PM
Veteran Member

So after reading the bill, even possession will become a crime? WTF... there's not even a grandfather clause in there?

What exactly do they expect people to do if they own these items pre-bill? Surrender them to the police? (I really hope that's not the answer I get.)
WTB: multiautomatic ghost gun with a .30-caliber clip to disperse with 30 bullets within half a second. Must include shoulder thing that goes up. Memberships/Affiliations: CERT, ARRL ARES, NRA Patron Member, HRC, CGN/CGSSA, Cal-FFL
Old 07-08-2012, 3:28 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mendo223 View Post
is the mag-magnet that little red thing that screws into the bullet button? when does this law take affect and where can i buy them in bulk prior to the ban?
The mag-magnet is actually magnetic. The tool you're talking about would also fall under this umbrella though. I imagine that convertable bullet buttons will as well.

If I'm wrong, I'm sure someone on here will correct me.
WTB: multiautomatic ghost gun with a .30-caliber clip to disperse with 30 bullets within half a second. Must include shoulder thing that goes up. Memberships/Affiliations: CERT, ARRL ARES, NRA Patron Member, HRC, CGN/CGSSA, Cal-FFL
Old 07-08-2012, 4:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaligaran View Post
So after reading the bill, even possession will become a crime? WTF... there's not even a grandfather clause in there?

What exactly do they expect people to do if they own these items pre-bill? Surrender them to the police? (I really hope that's not the answer I get.)
that or remove them from the state
Old 07-09-2012, 9:39 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpl_Peters View Post
this legislation will pass in some form or another in the near future. I knew as soon as big 5 and turners started selling black rifles to every person who walked in that it would get out of hand and be over. something similar happened with open carry...and look what happened. CA isn't a gun state. I hope to eat my own words on this one but im a realist.
Yep. IMHO when big firearms companies like S&W and Colt started selling BB'd AR's, California decided to put a stop to it.
Old 07-09-2012, 1:00 PM
Veteran Member

quick question guys so let say the bill PASSES can i still keep my AR without any BB or regular mag release installed?
Old 07-09-2012, 1:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUKAK View Post
quick question guys so let say the bill PASSES can i still keep my AR without any BB or regular mag release installed?
The current version of this bill appears (although it is murky) to outlaw all detachable magazine firearms regardless of age and no grandfathering. Owners would have to get them out of the state or hand them over to law enforcement for destruction. If passed, this bill would result in a massive confiscation of firearms, and turn thousands of law abiding citizens into criminals. The sponsor , YEE has been dancing around trying to say it only applies to the circumvention of bullet buttons but the law as written clearly intends to outlaw all the components that could be used in building an assault weapon.
Old 07-09-2012, 1:33 PM

Quote:
The current version of this bill appears (although it is murky) to outlaw all detachable magazine firearms regardless of age and no grandfathering. Owners would have to get them out of the state or hand them over to law enforcement for destruction. If passed, this bill would result in a massive confiscation of firearms, and turn thousands of law abiding citizens into criminals. The sponsor , YEE has been dancing around trying to say it only applies to the circumvention of bullet buttons but the law as written clearly intends to outlaw all the components that could be used in building an assault weapon.
So could you permanently attach a magazine (by welding, pinning or similar), load by top loading - and remain legal?
Old 07-09-2012, 1:52 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaytee View Post
So could you permanently attach a magazine (by welding, pinning or similar), load by top loading - and remain legal?
i also wanna know that
Old 07-09-2012, 6:29 PM

It has just gotten ridiculous. I have signed and hoped that some people would get some sense in their minds that the people being targeted are the responsible gun owners.
Old 07-09-2012, 8:24 PM

Its time for the conservatives in this state to start acting like the FN liberals and lets get vocal...lets bring it to their doorsteps like they have been bringing it to ours for years now. This law passes and I hope that I wont be the only one to leave this fkn state. Along with the Anti-Arizona bill they passed this state is out of control...
Old 07-09-2012, 8:25 PM

Im down to travel to Sacramento and make my voice be heard just tell me when and where we are meeting...
Old 07-09-2012, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Just keep them F%#$ Them!!!!
Old 07-09-2012, 10:39 PM

I signed a petition and sent it to my friends(the ones who actually care).
Old 07-10-2012, 4:12 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 760practicalshooter View Post
Just to make sure your not trolling me, the "Mag-Magnet" if used creates an illegal firearm. If it's illegal and they are trying to make it more illegal, who cares. Now if they are going after all BB's then of course this is non-sense and should be contested.
Don't know what trolling is, but sure I'm not doing it.... In CA there is no step backwards & no surrender! We need a united front!!! Maybe I took what you said out of context, but we should fight every fight, for every defeat/give ~ we take ten steps backwards!

& while not a legal eagle, from what I've read, its just vague enough to be construed that they're going after all "conversions kits"

Last edited by jeffrice6; 07-10-2012 at 4:15 AM..
Old 07-10-2012, 4:59 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
whoo! whatever you're smoking, i want some.

read the bill in its current form. no, seriously -- READ it. it doesn't do any of those things.
“Keep it up, America, keep telling your youth that mud and danger are fit only for intellectual pigs. Keep on saying that only the stupid are fit to sacrifice, that America must be defended by the low-brow and enjoyed by the high-brow. Keep vaunting head over heart, and soon the head will arrive at the complete folly of any kind of fight and meekly surrender the treasure to the first bandit with enough heart to demand it.” (Robert Leckie)
Old 07-10-2012, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaytee View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUKAK View Post
i also wanna know that
I was thinking along the same lines. Any thoughts?
“The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!”
Old 07-10-2012, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by F8ality View Post
Along with the Anti-Arizona bill they passed this state is out of control...
Actually it more of an anti-CA bill because it will only attract more illegal immigrants to the state leach off of the system and tax payer dollars. Does not affect AZ any way that I can see.
Old 07-10-2012, 6:17 PM
Calguns Addict

Large expensive posters but no bumper stickers? come on guys I need a bumper sticker.......

Last edited by FNH5-7; 07-10-2012 at 6:22 PM..
Old 07-10-2012, 10:36 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Am I missing something? Where or how does the bill make a magazine locking device (bullet button) illegal?

The bill does not appear to ban bullet buttons....bullet buttons convert detachable magazine rifles into fixed magazine rifles.

The bill does ban conversion kits that do the opposite; convert fixed magazine weapons into detachable magazine weapons. Like the mag magnet so easily converts your bullet button fixed magazine into a detachable magazine assault weapon.

What am I missing?
Official Calguns Vendor for Home Loans & Real Estate since 2012. VA loan expert, no cost refinances, and on a mission to continue my reputation of good deals, honesty and supporting the Calguns community. Check out my customer reviews in our forum.

Pm me any questions, rate quotes, loan preapprovals, or any other real estate need or question you may have. I'm here to help. Semper Fi!

Last edited by Punisher; 07-10-2012 at 10:42 PM..
Old 07-11-2012, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
Am I missing something? Where or how does the bill make a magazine locking device (bullet button) illegal?

The bill does not appear to ban bullet buttons....bullet buttons convert detachable magazine rifles into fixed magazine rifles.

The bill does ban conversion kits that do the opposite; convert fixed magazine weapons into detachable magazine weapons. Like the mag magnet so easily converts your bullet button fixed magazine into a detachable magazine assault weapon.

What am I missing?
Agreed, where is the huge disconnect here? If the law is to eliminate the tools/items that will bypass the bullet button and not outlaw the bullet button then I don't see an issue to the extent of welding my magazines or shipping them out of state. I do agree with fighting off any negative change since we are already so restricted but we have all known in the back of our minds that using the magnet or the red tool was a no no and eventually it would be made illegal... well it appears that it came sooner than later. I think the uninformed are creating extra stress on everyone else and that needs to stop. Lets sit back and see where it ends up while still trying to defend what we can.
Old 07-11-2012, 7:39 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDm .40 View Post
Agreed, where is the huge disconnect here? If the law is to eliminate the tools/items that will bypass the bullet button and not outlaw the bullet button then I don't see an issue to the extent of welding my magazines or shipping them out of state. I do agree with fighting off any negative change since we are already so restricted but we have all known in the back of our minds that using the magnet or the red tool was a no no and eventually it would be made illegal... well it appears that it came sooner than later. I think the uninformed are creating extra stress on everyone else and that needs to stop. Lets sit back and see where it ends up while still trying to defend what we can.
what you two are so easily missing is a couple things that i will try to sum up quikcly.

1. it is perfectly legal to own a mag magnet and USE it on a lower when you have put a rimfire upper on it. rimfire uppers do not trigger any legal issues with a mag magnet.

2. they could decide that anything and everything is a conversion kit. i.e. I have a featureless gun, they call the spare pistol grip i have for when I want to make a bullet button gun, a "conversion kit".

do you see why we want to oppose this?

Shop at AMAZON to help Calguns Foundation

CRPA Life Member. Click here to Join.

NRA Member JOIN HERE/
Old 07-12-2012, 7:25 AM

It seems the the California gun owners' choice will soon be to surrender ALL their LEGAL guns and rights -or- like Gang-Bangers, enjoy the full freedom of gun ownership ILLEGALLY.
Old 07-12-2012, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunwriter View Post
It seems the the California gun owners' choice will soon be to surrender ALL their LEGAL guns and rights -or- like Gang-Bangers, enjoy the full freedom of gun ownership ILLEGALLY.
Will not be surrendering anything...

I really don't understand how they pass something, that they themselves, admit violates the constitution.

Before mods, and other goodies...
Old 07-12-2012, 3:32 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac7504 View Post
Will not be surrendering anything...

I really don't understand how they pass something, that they themselves, admit violates the constitution.
since when do polititions care about your constitutional rights or if it violates the constitution?
Old 07-12-2012, 7:42 PM

yee himself says in this interview (theres video in this too if you dont want to read that goes over article lol)

that hes going after mag magnets , they even asked him why did he change his mind and not go after the bullet button

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/201...state-sen-yee/

even if its true , now the news report is talking about brady campaign wanting to just ban ar15s all together (probably old news)