Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > GENERAL DISCUSSION > General gun discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General gun discussions This is a place to lounge and discuss firearm related topics with other forum members.

Old 12-09-2017, 7:30 PM

Come on guys, let's keep things civil and keep this topic on point, the OP is right. I for one am glad to hear Angeles is planning to rebuild and open so soon! My wife gets her Yoga time and I get my Angeles Shooting range time.
Old 12-09-2017, 7:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieLivesMatter View Post
Come on guys, let's keep things civil and keep this topic on point, the OP is right. I for one am glad to hear Angeles is planning to rebuild and open so soon! My wife gets her Yoga time and I get my Angeles Shooting range time.
Equity is the key to every successful marriage!
Old 12-09-2017, 8:13 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCM16A2 View Post
Ah,

I see that REN and Stimpy, OC and Swannie are at it again. Boy you two just do not give up do you. Loose a little brass there Swannie. Do you Cretans even know any of the staff? Ed, Janice, Cheryl, Bob, David? Or are they too beneath you? A2
More insults, you are an employee or a family member fo sho!

You saw my proof, how can you argue with it? So is it for rebuilding the range or to line the pockets of the help? Get your story straight if you are going to run a scam.

Don't lose brass as I don't allow the theft of it if ones I want and rarely shoot at Angeles. I prefer BLM, no brass theft and no possible theft of my items while people are pawing through my stuff during line breaks.
Old 12-09-2017, 8:23 PM

Quote:
Well Mr Howell,

That’s great, how do you show your appreciation to the little people. A2
This is a teachable moment for you: a gentleman never discusses his philanthropic activities.....
Old 12-09-2017, 8:25 PM
Veteran Member

Ok Swannie,

My brothers, uncles, grandmothers, 5th cousin was Alberto Angeles. He used to own a liquor store between the 400-500 yard gongs. You got me bud, oh wait, more cash coming in to GFM account for Angeles. With the windfall from my cut, I can donate to the GFM that will allow OC, and Swannie to get a Christmas cheer transplant. A2
Old 12-09-2017, 8:29 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Ah,

I see that REN and Stimpy, OC and Swannie are at it again. Boy you two just do not give up do you. Loose a little brass there Swannie. Do you Cretans even know any of the staff? Ed, Janice, Cheryl, Bob, David? Or are they too beneath you? A2
I don't know them and don't really want to know them especially after this scam being perpetuated.

As for being a "Cretan" I think I do have a minor amount of Greek heritage but I don't think from Crete. I have been to Crete before though. I think the term you are looking for is cretin.

I used to eat at a burger place where owner was a Greek Cypriot though and I recently picked up a Greek Mannlicher and a Greek Mauser.

No way I'm letting the "Cretans" at Angeles steal my 6.5x54 Mannlicher Schoenauer brass though!
Old 12-09-2017, 8:33 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Ok Swannie,

My brothers, uncles, grandmothers, 5th cousin was Alberto Angeles. He used to own a liquor store between the 400-500 yard gongs. You got me bud, oh wait, more cash coming in to GFM account for Angeles. With the windfall from my cut, I can donate to the GFM that will allow OC, and Swannie to get a Christmas cheer transplant. A2
Instead of dumb posts and insults why don't you explain the discrepancy in the screenshots I posted? Rebuilding the range or a money grab for the employees? Which is it? Who's idea was it to post pics of cops and Boy Scouts on the gofundme?

That was excellent tear jerking idea! Really if they had been honest and said could we donate a few bucks to help difference between unemployment and actual salary I think that would have been fine. Not some massive misleading money grab.

My offer for a free turkey still stands if someone there actually needs it. Seriously.
Old 12-09-2017, 8:39 PM
Veteran Member

OC,

Your comment about gentlemen reminds me of the 3 Stooges when the guy says “gentleman” Curly says “who walked in”. A2
Old 12-09-2017, 8:40 PM

Quote:
OC,

Your comment about gentlemen reminds me of the 3 Stooges when the guy says “gentleman” Curly says “who walked in”. A2
Not a surprise that is where your mind would go even with that...

Merry Christmas....

Cheers
Old 12-09-2017, 8:45 PM
Head Janitor

KNOCK
IT
OFF!!!
The California Rifle & Pistol Assoc. - Director.
DONATE TO NRA-ILA, CGSSA, AND CRPAF NOW!
Opinions posted in this account are my own and unless specifically stated as such are not the approved position of Calguns.net, CGSSA or CRPA.
Old 12-09-2017, 8:46 PM
Veteran Member

Bravo,

To OC and ISwan for being good sports! A2
Old 12-09-2017, 8:57 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Well Mr Howell,

That’s great, how do you show your appreciation to the little people. A2
Mr. Howell, I'll admit I did find that one funny! Makes me picture some guy at the range with an ascot and a monacle shooting a Purdey or something while smoking out of a cigarette holder.

Last edited by I Swan; 12-09-2017 at 8:59 PM..
Old 12-09-2017, 9:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Swan View Post
Mr. Howell, I'll admit I did find that one funny! Makes me picture some guy at the range with an ascot and a monacle shooting a Purdey or something while smoking out of a cigarette holder.
I would NEVER wear a monocle despite my Prussian heritage, nor do I own a "Purdy" shotgun. I think I do have a Ralph Lauren Shooting jacket somewhere with a couple ascots..I can remember which house its in...
Old 12-09-2017, 9:48 PM
From Anotha Motha
CGN Contributor

I hope they rebuild soon.
Old 12-09-2017, 11:08 PM
Veteran Member

OC,

LOL, A2
Old 12-10-2017, 12:42 AM

Quote:

No way I'm letting the "Cretans" at Angeles steal my 6.5x54 Mannlicher Schoenauer brass though!
That's a bolt action rifle...how would anyone steal your brass? Do you actually slide the bolt and not catch the brass?

Quit knocking Angeles just because you can't collect your own brass.
Old 12-10-2017, 1:26 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeTheClay View Post
That's a bolt action rifle...how would anyone steal your brass? Do you actually slide the bolt and not catch the brass?

Quit knocking Angeles just because you can't collect your own brass.
Occasionally yes I do, I will collect the brass at end of my shot string. Which is only 5 shots. I can and do collect my brass from firing bolt actions. I shouldn't have to watch 3-4 pieces of brass like a hawk and gingerly work the bolt and turn the rifle to the side.

Really I just simplify and enjoy my shooting more by just going to BLM or ranges where this does not occur. I on rare occasion will do Angeles due to convenience or friends that insist on going there.

As previously mentioned I leave most common brass at ranges if they are cool. However ones like this that get aggressive on brass theft if for some reason I decide to shoot there I have been known to take even my common brass like 38 special and 9x19 with me and throw it in the trash later.

I find it highly amusing when they say it is a safety issue. Most people are not standing in a pile of brass or tripping over it. If they actually are then that is different especially if they have been warned.

I should save my Berdan primed brass cased ammo for such ranges! Well they would get the scrap value though.

Bottom line though the damage is not insurmountable and I'm sure things will be back to normal soon. Angeles does fulfill a genuine and important need for the greater LA area.

Last edited by I Swan; 12-10-2017 at 1:35 AM..
Old 12-10-2017, 7:00 AM
Calguns Addict

Sad to hear this news. Been shooting there a long time. Hope it’s back up
soon.

The election of Donald Trump has caused California
to go “FULL STUPID “
Old 12-10-2017, 7:07 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I have been shooting there for 40 plus years very few problems losing brass. My 6.8 is marked so I can easily pick up. I get more brass by asking people shooting next to me than was ever taken. Lighten up Thor. Not worth arguing with hardheads.
Old 12-10-2017, 7:24 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
They'll get unemployment.
Why would they get unemployment? I imagine they'd be working through the rebuild. Its easy enough to get a temp building in there like Rahaugees did.
Old 12-10-2017, 7:42 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Moore and moore operated out of a trailer since day 1. Put an office trailer on there and a conex and I hope some machines survived. The pistol benches probably gone. The concrete rifle benches probably ok.
Old 12-10-2017, 7:46 AM
Banned

[QUOTE=Kestryll;21009607]KNOCK
IT
OFF!!![/QUOTE

Thank you! Hoping they cool off a bit.
Old 12-10-2017, 1:04 PM

Stanton Lee sounds like an epic tool.
Old 12-10-2017, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanghai guy View Post
He did come to the aid of a guy who had accidentally shot himself at Burro Canyon, probably saved his life.

So there's that.

I would not say he's a tool or a bad guy.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1080843
Old 12-10-2017, 11:00 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanghai guy View Post
Why do you say that?? Did he do anything to you??

The tools are some of the brass stealing douches working at Angeles range, one of which was screaming bloody murder at a seventy some year old gentleman customer because he was not fast enough in putting a target up during the cease fire/cold range time. I was there that day.
Old 12-11-2017, 1:37 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citadelgrad87 View Post
No, its not “likely”. It possible, but likely means its more probable that they do than that they dont.

How can you possibly claim to be in a position to make that claim?

My experience with insurance is people buy the cheapest thing they think thry can get away with. Many businesses dont buy business interruption riders, because they cost more

They should buy it, but i dont think its accurate to say they probably did.
You are making inferences that I'm making accusations about something.

My comment was merely that I hope they have the proper insurance to be up and running quickly and don't suffer financially from the time that they will be down. I really like ASR, and wish them the best. My comment and post had NOTHING to do with the separate topic on employees starting a "GoFundMe" page that emerged right at about the same time. I did not even know about that when I made my post.

So take your everlasting desire to start contentious BS here on Calguns to some other thread.

And likely is as likely does; it IS "more probable that they do (have Business Income/Business Interruption coverage that would included payroll) than that they don't." From the general insurance companies involved that would provide such coverage to a shooting range (and I know exactly who that list comprises) at no extra cost, Business Income/Business Interruption is more often built into the Property coverage than left off, when buying the basic minimum and the endorsement inevitably includes payroll. Only differentiation would be on what revenue/payroll declared it may be based, unless they have simply assigned it to Actual Loss Sustained... which is LIKELY!!!

Unless, of course, their broker/agent sucks at their job.

Old 12-11-2017, 9:24 AM
I need a LIFE!!

I've been there, once. Never went back.
Old 12-11-2017, 9:38 AM

I see the fundraising goal for the employees GoFundMe has been reduced to a more modest $65K from the previous $200K and has collected $5950 so far.

Kudos to them for finally coming clean and clarifying the purpose of the campaign:

"The main purpose of this fund is to help raise payroll money for the the range staff who work so hard to provide a safe and friendly environment for shooters and find themselves without work during this holiday season.
I encourage everyone to make any contribution they can, small or large, which will go such a long way towards helping to support the Angeles staff!"

Maybe we should all go into the GoFundME business if we work for cheap employers or just aren't paid enough...
Old 12-11-2017, 11:39 AM
Calguns Addict

Even the 65k is a joke. Probably because you reported it as a scam they were forced to modify it to more correctly reflect where money is going. Oddly considering how many people seem to be willing to get fleeced they haven't raised even a fraction of what Moore and Moore got.

Really why are they even out of work? Seems like there is a lot of work to do to get the range tidied up for reopening in a few weeks. I was also considering reporting the scam to gofundme but I have a strong aversion to informing. I'm glad you did though.
Old 12-11-2017, 11:52 AM
Calguns Addict

I need to start a gofundme asking for a fund to buy a CZ Shadow 2 and a Sig P226 Legion.
Old 12-11-2017, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbc View Post
I need to start a gofundme asking for a fund to buy a CZ Shadow 2 and a Sig P226 Legion.
Great ideal...
Old 12-11-2017, 8:56 PM
Calguns Addict

My goal is to get 4K only. Anyone?

Seriously, I read the whole thing and found this specific gofundme to be in poor taste. I hope that I've misjudged the whole thing.
Old 12-11-2017, 9:14 PM

Quote:
My goal is to get 4K only. Anyone?
K K K K
Old 12-11-2017, 11:02 PM
Calguns Addict

I wonder why the management or the people running the gofundme don't reply on this thread? If legit it would help quash the concerns. As of right now I still feel it is a money grab and a scam.
Old 12-11-2017, 11:23 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
I wonder why the management or the people running the gofundme don't reply on this thread? If legit it would help quash the concerns. As of right now I still feel it is a money grab and a scam.
I'll take a guess.

We never hear from their owners or management same as we never heard from those of Turners gun shops. That is because they know about it and are complicit in it.

It is like this, a guy who has a stand selling water in the middle of Sahara (knowing the next water is 30 to 50 miles away by camel ride or drive on 405 or I10 freeways in this case) can be and act like a total d-bag and still have a long line of people at his stand with some praising him and others offering excuses as to why his douche baggery is totally ok and justified.

That is why we do not hear from them. They do not give a chet.
Old 12-11-2017, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Seriously, I read the whole thing and found this specific gofundme to be in poor taste. I hope that I've misjudged the whole thing.
My exact thoughts......
Old 12-11-2017, 11:41 PM

Angeles public range is my primary go to range for proximity. My back ups are further away and apart.
Having been there several dozen times, not once have I left without being reprimanded for some minor, absent minded action. Stuff like leaving the bolt open for an unattended weapon, firing a bit faster than the 1 second rule, staying behind yellow line during cease fire, etc... Not once did I ever take offense.
But never have I been corrected for a muzzle sweep. I've been swept a few times. Scary as Fudge! Daydreaming shooters- not much choice but to tolerate them for the time being. I'm so focused on improving my groups, or simply having a blast trying to hit 300, 400, 500 using Kentucky windage, or blurting out profanities when I know that I coudn't have possibly missed. I can't pay attention to what everyone else is doing at the time, all the time. I appreciate the ROs walking back and forth constantly and staying alert behind me.
I've met a few irritating Richard heads know it alls that I wouldn't have minded seeing on the 100 yard line, however, this is a perfect place for cooler heads to always prevail. The majority of folks want to get their range time in and don't don't mind making new friends.
I can only imagine the unknown, countless number of times they have prevented bad isht from happening during my experiences there.
The staff can be very accommodating if you're friendly, behave accordingly and practice safe procedures when handling your weapons. They always purposely sweep around my brass or return my cases from a distance away. I really don't know how they landed that far. Maybe they got kicked by passersby.
I've received a couple of unexpected free passes for doing thoughful deeds. I'm not going to elaborate on them or everyone might expect a pass too. Do a good deed for its own sake.
I'm aware some folks don't share my fondness for this place or some of its employees and I can't accommodate for that, I'm simply speaking from my relaxing times there.
Range trips are some of my most mentally prepared moments. Legal transportation, complete gear, nourishment, first aid, phone battery life, etc... fall neatly into place, while I can't even keep a tidy household.
I've never left Angeles stress free, well except maybe heading down to the parking lot and planning on prepping brass for the next batch before I even get to the car. But every time I head for home on that winding road from my mini daycation, day or night time, I always look froward to returning.
I've whispered a few prayers for the place and its workers. I'm thankful no one sustained injuries.
I'll be there again first week of January if they maintain their re-opening schedule.
Old 12-11-2017, 11:46 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1mplastic View Post
Angeles public range is my primary go to range for proximity. My back ups are further away and apart.
Having been there several dozen times, not once have I left without being reprimanded for some minor, absent minded action. Stuff like leaving the bolt open for an unattended weapon, firing a bit faster than the 1 second rule, staying behind yellow line during cease fire, etc... Not once did I ever take offense.
But never have I been corrected for a muzzle sweep. I've been swept a few times. Scary as Fudge! Daydreaming shooters- not much choice but to tolerate them for the time being. I'm so focused on improving my groups, or simply having a blast trying to hit 300, 400, 500 using Kentucky windage, or blurting out profanities when I know that I coudn't have possibly missed. I can't pay attention to what everyone else is doing at the time, all the time. I appreciate the ROs walking back and forth constantly and staying alert behind me.
I've met a few irritating Richard heads know it alls that I wouldn't have minded seeing on the 100 yard line, however, this is a perfect place for cooler heads to always prevail. The majority of folks want to get their range time in and don't don't mind making new friends.
I can only imagine the unknown, countless number of times they have prevented bad isht from happening during my experiences there.
The staff can be very accommodating if you're friendly, behave accordingly and practice safe procedures when handling your weapons. They always purposely sweep around my brass or return my cases from a distance away. I really don't know how they landed that far. Maybe they got kicked by passersby.
I've received a couple of unexpected free passes for doing thoughful deeds. I'm not going to elaborate on them or everyone might expect a pass too. Do a good deed for its own sake.
I'm aware some folks don't share my fondness for this place or some of its employees and I can't accommodate for that, I'm simply speaking from my relaxing times there.
Range trips are some of my most mentally prepared moments. Legal transportation, complete gear, nourishment, first aid, phone battery life, etc... fall neatly into place, while I can't even keep a tidy household.
I've never left Angeles stress free, well except maybe heading down to the parking lot and planning on prepping brass for the next batch before I even get to the car. But every time I head for home on that winding road from my mini daycation, day or night time, I always look froward to returning.
I've whispered a few prayers for the place and its workers. I'm thankful no one sustained injuries.
I'll be there again first week of January if they maintain their re-opening schedule.

3 posts over the course of 4 years - and this rambling wreck of mass wordage is it? Hmmm.

What compelling interest has any level of government in knowing what guns are owned by civilians? (Those owned by government should be inventoried and tracked, for exactly the same reasons computers and desks and chairs are tracked: responsible care of public property.)

If some level of government had that information, what would they do with it? How would having that info benefit public safety? How would it benefit law enforcement?
Old 12-11-2017, 11:48 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALI-gula View Post
You are making inferences that I'm making accusations about something.

My comment was merely that I hope they have the proper insurance to be up and running quickly and don't suffer financially from the time that they will be down. I really like ASR, and wish them the best. My comment and post had NOTHING to do with the separate topic on employees starting a "GoFundMe" page that emerged right at about the same time. I did not even know about that when I made my post.

So take your everlasting desire to start contentious BS here on Calguns to some other thread.

And likely is as likely does; it IS "more probable that they do (have Business Income/Business Interruption coverage that would included payroll) than that they don't." From the general insurance companies involved that would provide such coverage to a shooting range (and I know exactly who that list comprises) at no extra cost, Business Income/Business Interruption is more often built into the Property coverage than left off, when buying the basic minimum and the endorsement inevitably includes payroll. Only differentiation would be on what revenue/payroll declared it may be based, unless they have simply assigned it to Actual Loss Sustained... which is LIKELY!!!

Unless, of course, their broker/agent sucks at their job.

Get off your pulpit. I didnt even know about the go fund me, and the issue has nothing to do with it.

My concern is that you are attempting to speak with authority, and others might take from that that it is “probable” that they are fully insured for business interruption, and dont stand to lose a penny here.

That is not likely to be the case in my experience.

Its not contentious BS, got any other self serving proclamations to make?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjsig View Post
You are talking to someone who already won this lame conversation, not a brick a wall. Too bad you don't realize it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lear60man View Post
My transvestite analogy stands.
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterfern View Post
Didn't realize. I try not to be political.
XXXXXXXXXXX
Old 12-12-2017, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citadelgrad87 View Post
Get off your pulpit. I didnt even know about the go fund me, and the issue has nothing to do with it.

My concern is that you are attempting to speak with authority, and others might take from that that it is “probable” that they are fully insured for business interruption, and dont stand to lose a penny here.

That is not likely to be the case in my experience.

Its not contentious BS, got any other self serving proclamations to make?
Ah..So what is your professional background and experience in these matters??

Last edited by OCEquestrian; 12-12-2017 at 6:55 AM..