Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated Centerfire rifles, carbines and other gas operated rifles.

Old 08-02-2009, 9:55 AM

Talking LWRCI Range report

LWRCI M6A2 Photos with LaRue Mount, Harris Bipod and TA31G

So far the rifle has seen about 600 rounds or so with no malfunctions.
Yesterday we shot a combination of PMC Bronze, Wolf (Yes...) and 75gr TAP.

One of the shooters from yesterdays get together shot a Sub 1MOA group at 100 with X193 ammo. This rifle is really starting to impress. At 500 meters hitting metal rams were no problem with 75 Gr TAP (It did take 5 hits for them to drop though....)

This is what a piston bolt looks like after a 450 round day at the range.

I was pretty impressed with the 75gr TAP practice ammo. Its strange that the TAP uses steel cases rather than brass...... regardless I was pretty impressed with the ammo and will probably pick up more at River City Gun Exchange. At under $23 for 50 rounds these rounds are a bargain.

The only complaint all day was that the Harris Bipod kept coming loose around 200 rounds. This rifle continues to impress.
Old 08-02-2009, 10:01 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 45R View Post
LWRCI M6A2 Photos with LaRue Mount, Harris Bipod and TA31G

So far the rifle has seen about 600 rounds or so with no malfunctions.
Yesterday we shot a combination of PMC Bronze, Wolf (Yes...) and 75gr TAP.

One of the shooters from yesterdays get together shot a Sub 1MOA group at 100 with X193 ammo. This rifle is really starting to impress. At 500 meters hitting metal rams were no problem with 75 Gr TAP (It did take 5 hits for them to drop though....)

This is what a piston bolt looks like after a 450 round day at the range.

I was pretty impressed with the 75gr TAP practice ammo. Its strange that the TAP uses steel cases rather than brass
...... regardless I was pretty impressed with the ammo and will probably pick up more at River City Gun Exchange. At under $23 for 50 rounds these rounds are a bargain.

The only complaint all day was that the Harris Bipod kept coming loose around 200 rounds. This rifle continues to impress.
I keep telling folks that those "training" loads are great stuff. I've shot a bunch of it, and it never fails to feed or function whatever I'm shooting it through, and it is extremely accurate.

Thanks for the report, LWRC make quality products.
- Jeff Cooper

Check my current auctions on Gunbroker - user name bigbasscat - see what left California before Roberti-Roos
Old 08-02-2009, 10:42 AM

Too bad I barely missed you guys at Sac Valley yesterday. We definitely gotta get together sometime.
Old 08-02-2009, 2:38 PM

Damn nice rifle. I always drool over that LWRC REPR that's on their website. Maybe one of these days.
Old 08-02-2009, 3:50 PM
Calguns Addict

Man that ammo goes fast! Not that it mattered since I shot like crap yesterday lol
Old 08-02-2009, 5:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G34Shooter View Post
Man that ammo goes fast! Not that it mattered since I shot like crap yesterday lol
It just gives us more of an excuse to stop by River City Gun Exchange again to check out the goodies and pick up more TAP ammo. Hopefully they have more in stock. That was really good stuff. Next time we up ammo, we'll have to take the gong out to 300 yards
Old 08-02-2009, 5:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bin31z View Post
whoa whoa whoa wait a second....I just got my M6 upper direct from LWRC and it has the 1 piece bolt carrier. How come yours has the 2 piece design? I was under the impression that LWRC was putting the 1 piece bolt carriers in their most expensive m6a3 and m6a2 rifles first and trickling down to the cheaper stuffer. Since the M6 is the cheapest, I figured all LWRC's had 1 piece now...
I got mine just before they went to the 1 piece carrier. Not really all the worried since that carrier keys are pressed into the bolt carrier, screwed down then staked. IIRC on the LWRCI forum they went to the 1 piece design because the keys were such a PITA to press into the carrier.