Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 01-15-2014, 8:31 PM

Default Harvey Weinstein and Meryl Streep new movie to make NRA ‘wish they weren’t alive’

Democratic Propaganda machine at work.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...ing-movie-att/
Old 01-15-2014, 8:36 PM
Calguns Addict

Question

Sooooo... OTHER than Harvey & Meryl's parents, who are they counting on to ever VIEW this piece of drivel?
Old 01-15-2014, 8:38 PM
CGSSA Coordinator

Meryl Streep is still making movies?
Old 01-15-2014, 8:44 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
Meryl Streep is still making movies?
Who is Meryl Streep?
Old 01-15-2014, 8:46 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootuser View Post
Who is Meryl Streep?
a hagged old lady....................dont worry too muxh

M. Sage's I have a dream speech;

Quote:
Originally Posted by M. Sage View Post
I dream about the day that the average would-be rapist is afraid to approach a woman who's walking alone at night. I dream of the day when two punks talk each other out of sticking up a liquor store because it's too damn risky.
Calguns Addict

Dupe...
“Political tags — such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth — are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.” — Robert A. Heinlein

“It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds” — Samuel Adams

Meryl Streep is still alive?
Old 01-15-2014, 8:51 PM
Veteran Member

Burn in hell from your good intensions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kappy View Post
You don't like homosexuality, don't let some dude stick his tab A into your slot B.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gecko45
But then again I think of the mayors nephew, his face distored with tears and terror, the GAP employees who asked for my autograph, and had to settle for a cover identity’s signature, the flashbangs, and their acrid scent, the small of napalm in the evening breeze, as I crouch behind a shopping cart in the parking lot,
Old 01-15-2014, 9:32 PM
Calguns Addict

Sure Harve - because such ideology worked SO well for "Lions for Lambs" - which ironically was another "big name" Meryl Streep vehicle with 3 BIG stars, not just one (Robert Redford, Tom Cruis<ing> and Ms. Streep.) That spun it's cog wheels on the projector.

"It was released in North America on Friday, November 9, 2007, to negative reviews and disappointing box office receipts."

Film critic Roger Ebert gave it two and a half stars, noting that at the beginning of the film, the viewer is "under the delusion that it's going somewhere."

Just like Harve's idea.
What compelling interest has any level of government in knowing what guns are owned by civilians? (Those owned by government should be inventoried and tracked, for exactly the same reasons computers and desks and chairs are tracked: responsible care of public property.)

If some level of government had that information, what would they do with it? How would having that info benefit public safety? How would it benefit law enforcement?
Old 01-15-2014, 10:04 PM
CGSSA Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootuser View Post
Who is Meryl Streep?
She was a popular actress in the '70s.
Old 01-15-2014, 10:08 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
She was a popular actress in the '70s.
No; that was Mary Steenburgen.
What compelling interest has any level of government in knowing what guns are owned by civilians? (Those owned by government should be inventoried and tracked, for exactly the same reasons computers and desks and chairs are tracked: responsible care of public property.)

If some level of government had that information, what would they do with it? How would having that info benefit public safety? How would it benefit law enforcement?
Old 01-15-2014, 10:10 PM

a lot of women love meryl streep, and in this state,most men are controlled by women, I would not count this one out just yet. its the machine at work, slowly degrading our belief system.
Old 01-15-2014, 10:11 PM
I need a LIFE!!

We're going to wish we weren't alive? Sounds to me more like they wish we weren't alive.
Too bad.

Government Official Lies
. F r e e d o m . D i e s .
Old 01-15-2014, 10:41 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gleam View Post
You sure it wasn't Mary Millington? I thought she was dead.
Old 01-15-2014, 11:00 PM
Veteran Member

Interesting...

Quote:
Mr. Weinstein does not seem to know that the Nazis were able to confiscate the guns that the Jewish people owned based on Germany’s government registry.

Also, the producer said he would have used a gun to stop from going to a concentration camp if he “found a gun, and if that was happening to my people.
“Deadly assault weapons have no place in Massachusetts. These guns are not made for recreation or self-defense. They are instruments of destruction with the sole purpose of hunting down and killing people.” Mitt Romney 2012 Republican Presidential Candidate
Old 01-15-2014, 11:08 PM
Calguns Addict

Learn something new everyday, I always thought her last name was street.
You seek escape from pain. We seek the achievement of happiness. You exist for the sake of avoiding punishment. We exist for the sake of earning rewards. Threats will not make us function; fear is not our incentive. It is not death we wish to avoid, but life that we wish to live.
Old 01-15-2014, 11:21 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3RDGEARGRNDRR View Post
a lot of women love meryl streep, and in this state,most men are controlled by women, I would not count this one out just yet. its the machine at work, slowly degrading our belief system.
Old bat is irrelevant I am pretty sure Miley Cyrus is now more well known and has more name recognition than Meryl Streep unless you are at bingo night at a retirement home!
America was founded by men who understood that the threat of domestic tyranny is as great as any threat from abroad. If we want to be worthy of their legacy, we must resist the rush toward ever-increasing state control of our society. Otherwise, our own government will become a greater threat to our freedoms than any foreign terrorist.

-Ron Paul
Old 01-16-2014, 12:16 AM
Banned

Quote:
Good one
Old 01-16-2014, 1:07 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by morfeeis View Post
Learn something new everyday, I always thought her last name was street.

That was Della Street ! She was Perry Mason secretary ! Both Perry Mason and Della Street have it all over Meryl Sweep, or whatever that skunk calls herself.
Old 01-16-2014, 2:49 AM

I don't get the childish ragging on Meryl Streep... she is one of the finest living actors, and very much a household name. Her views or being named to be in a piece of elitist propaganda hardly changes that. She is still pulling Golden Globes, BAFTA's and Academy awards. No point in underestimating her ability and pulling power.

Anyway…

Quote:
The producer replied that the justification for using a gun is “when you’re marching a half of a million people into Auschwitz.”
How does it help when you are justified using a gun Harvey… that you don't have one?

Why do people not THINK before they speak?

As an aside pretty much all, if not actually all Tarrantino films are distributed by his own company Miramax. Check out this from Miramax's website:

http://www.miramax.com/subscript/famous-guns-in-cinema

He hates guns so much that his company celebrates them… the man is a hypocrite.
Old 01-16-2014, 3:55 AM

Default Meryl Streep

One of my favorite movies isOut if Africa Meryl Streep and Robert Redford star in it. She shoots a charging lion. It pretty much a Pro-Gun movie. The bottom line is he'll consider the money first and those propaganda pieces don't do very well. I wouldn't worry about it. Americans like guns in their movies.

Frank
Old 01-16-2014, 5:15 AM

Location: Presently located on a wind swept mountain in northeast Pennsylvania
Default Totally out of touch arrogant elitist so-called liberal/progressive dimwits

It's amazing how totally out of touch are these arrogant elitist so-called liberal/progressive dimwits. Perhaps they haven't gotten the memo that Hollywood theatrical motion picture movie going if not already dead is on life support. Harvey W. and Meryl S. along with their mostly degenerate fiction film production industry peaked 40-years ago being now obsolete.

Even if these self absorbed miscreants had some sort of messianic message that was all persuasive, their broadcast platform has by the attrition of societal change been reduced to the size of a Burger King disposable paper place-mat.

At best, within a short time after release of their ground breaking anti Second Amendment movie, it will no doubt show up on the Netflix lower fourth tier. Look for Weinstein & Streep's blockbuster down with Woody Harrilson's blurry out of focused documentary on the world banking conspiracy spawned by the neo-nazi Bush and Romney families.
Old 01-16-2014, 5:22 AM

Another Hollywood type who's product I will never pay for. Just adding the two of them to the list. Yes, its a long list.
Old 01-16-2014, 5:39 AM

I've been gone from these boards for months and unfortunately this nasty thread is the first I read. Hateful mysogeny and ageism all in the same place. You know how Democrats win elections? By dividing the population into subgroups, then pitting them against each other. Older women vote like crazy, and they control much of this country's wealth. And most of them adore and worship Meryl Streep.
Old 01-16-2014, 5:41 AM

There is a God!

L.A. film production dropped by 50% since 1996

http://www.dailynews.com/business/20...-50-since-1996
Old 01-16-2014, 5:49 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Sure Harve - because such ideology worked SO well for "Lions for Lambs" - which ironically was another "big name" Meryl Streep vehicle with 3 BIG stars, not just one (Robert Redford, Tom Cruis<ing> and Ms. Streep.) That spun it's cog wheels on the projector.

"It was released in North America on Friday, November 9, 2007, to negative reviews and disappointing box office receipts."

Film critic Roger Ebert gave it two and a half stars, noting that at the beginning of the film, the viewer is "under the delusion that it's going somewhere."

Just like Harve's idea.
It makes you wonder how a film only gets a 27% critic rating on Rotten Tomatoes, but still doubles it's money.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/mobile/m/lions_for_lambs/

Rudy Peters for Congress! Give Swalwell the boot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by movie zombie View Post
and you guys wonder why women are fed up with bad behavior?!
Old 01-16-2014, 6:09 AM
CGSSA Coordinator
CGN Contributor

Color me shocked, Hollywood elites who were instrumental in getting Dear Leader into the White House plan movie to further Dear Leader's agenda. Shocking! Meryl Streep is one of the best actors alive, anything she is in will pull audiences. Most Calgunners under 35 are not in her demo but I agree with the others, women worship and adore her, women vote more than men, women are now the predominate electoral force. Harvey Weinstein is the archetypical Hollywood degenerate blowhard. I have worked with him, he does get movies made, wields a lot of power in Hollywood and has an ego the size of a city. Most of his highest grossing films have glorified guns and weapons, he is the ultimate hypocrite.

This film could be horrible or could be compelling. Too bad that there is not a filmmaking duo/team that is pro 2A that holds this much power and clout.

VC Reloading Club on Facebook
VC Reloading Club on Twitter @VCReloading
Old 01-16-2014, 6:28 AM
Hooligan
CGN Contributor

Such fail from this turd

Quote:
Mr. Stern asked Mr. Weinstein on Wednesday whether he owned a gun. The Hollywood heavyweight replied that he did not and never would. “I don’t think we need guns in this country. And I hate it,” the producer said. “I think the NRA is a disaster area.”
But then goes on to say.....

Quote:
Also, the producer said he would have used a gun to stop from going to a concentration camp if he “found a gun, and if that was happening to my people.”

But why is this? Oh wait, that's why.....

Quote:
The chairman of the Weinstein Co. (formerly Miramax) is one of President Obama’s biggest fundraisers. He brought in more than $500,000 from his Hollywood friends for the president’s re-election campaign and the Democratic National Committee in 2012.
Ahhh, an elitist/statist to the core. For me, not for thee..........

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side kid" -Han Solo

"A dull knife is as useless as the man who would dare carry it"
Old 01-16-2014, 6:43 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Looks like Meryl has gone from the French Lieutenant's Woman to Eric Holder's woman.
Old 01-16-2014, 6:43 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Location: You can not protect the 1st Amendment without the 2nd Amendment........

While not as big a fookin' hypocrite as others, Meryl Streep, hypocrite nonetheless, has gained financially by using firearms in a few of her movies:

Out of Africa, Plenty and The Wild River.

Nice grip, Meryl.

She doesn't look comfortable shooting that rifle, but maybe that's because she knows RR just swept her with his double rifle according to Dave86

Last edited by VictorFranko; 01-16-2014 at 7:17 AM..
Old 01-16-2014, 6:58 AM
Cat-in-a Box/NRA Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Streep is an excellent actress.
her most recent role as the matriarch in August: Osage County is definitely Oscar award material.

i do not look to the movies for affirmation of my 2A rights.

and Weinstein is a conflicted tool: who does he think is going to hand him a gun when it comes time to defend his family?! read the article if you don't understand my comment.
"The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her own pantyhose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound."-- as seen on a t-shirt
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shootist View Post
Just use it for an excuse to keep buying "her" guns till you find the right one...good way to check off your wanted to buy list with the idea of finding her the one she wants of course :D
Old 01-16-2014, 7:13 AM

She doesn't look comfortable shooting that rifle, but maybe that's because she knows RR just swept her with his double barrel shotgun

Double RIFLE

Margaret Thatcher
Old 01-16-2014, 7:17 AM
CGSSA Coordinator
CGN Contributor

Actors and guns are always a dangerous mix. The stories I have been told by Hollywood armorers...

VC Reloading Club on Facebook
VC Reloading Club on Twitter @VCReloading
Old 01-16-2014, 7:19 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Location: You can not protect the 1st Amendment without the 2nd Amendment........

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave86 View Post
She doesn't look comfortable shooting that rifle, but maybe that's because she knows RR just swept her with his double barrel shotgun

Double RIFLE
Picky picky
Old 01-16-2014, 7:39 AM
Veteran Member

Meryl Street in a movie guarantees........1) Oscar nomination for her...and

2) not many people watch it.
Old 01-16-2014, 7:41 AM

Genocide occurs because a group cannot defend themselves right? How insulting to the families or what is left of them that fought during the warsaw ghetto. How insulting to Jews! Very scary that people like Weinstein have power and control what goes into movies and TV, Hollywood can do whatever they want and the masses believe it! Jews are still persecuted everday in Venezuela but do you think he cares?
Old 01-16-2014, 7:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave86 View Post

Double RIFLE
Women in movies usually come in two flavors when they have a gun: one is the bad-*** meaner-than-a-man one, either heroine or villain. The other is the vulnerable in-danger sweet variety, where they end up in some life threatening situation where the have no choice but to uncomfortably resort to firing a shot to save their or their children's life. And once in a while some loony one is running around with a gun as something funny.

Rarely do we see women who have some normal gun relationship, where the just happen to own or collect firearms, shoot for recreation and not part of an LE job, or carry just in case. That's part of the problem with Hollywood. Women with firearms are all caricatures.
Old 01-16-2014, 8:11 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swagman00 View Post
It makes you wonder how a film only gets a 27% critic rating on Rotten Tomatoes, but still doubles it's money.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/mobile/m/lions_for_lambs/
Simple; if you knew the industry marketing games. People were conned into seeing it BECAUSE of it having starred "Meryl Streep" and "Robert Redford" and "Tom Cruis(ing)". Marketing was very limited for it up front because they KNEW they had a stinker; essentially a mystery simply highlighting the big names in it.

Just like ol' Harve is trying to do. It's a bait-and-switch scheme.

Yes, Meryl Streep typcially stars in great films (or Robert Redford) but this was not one of them. So people go, ONCE, because of her name and brand, and then realize - it sucked.

Yet it dies a fast death at theatres once word gets out, and then suffers greatly with a lackluster DVD release.

Old 01-16-2014, 8:16 AM

Time to make another round of donations to Calguns Foundation and Gun Owners of California.

I would almost respect their viewpoints and intentions if they never made, or will never make a movie with a gun in it.
Old 01-16-2014, 8:16 AM

Hopefully this will backfire and do the opposite of what they are expecting..