Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Jobs Wanted Jobs Offered
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Jobs Wanted Jobs Offered Need a job, need a job filled? Help out a fellow Calgunner!

Old 11-28-2017, 9:31 AM

Default SECURITY FYI ON JANUARY 1, 2018

If you are going to become a security guard with a firearm, after January 1, 2018 you will be required to pay additional money for an evaluation of exercising appropriate judgment, restraint, and self control by a third party vendor before you will be issued a firearm permit. SB 1196 September 2016
Warren v. District of Columbia, 444 A.2d 1 (D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)"fundamental principle of American law is that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [t]he duty to provide public services is owed to the public at large, and, absent a special relationship between the police and an individual, no specific legal duty exists.
Old 12-02-2017, 11:43 AM

"evaluation of exercising appropriate judgment, restraint, and self control by a third party vendor"
What the hell is that?
Old 12-06-2017, 3:13 AM

Psych test.
Old 12-15-2017, 6:15 PM

It's a psychological exam. Non-refundable as I understand as well. To those who still have their permits current, I would HIGHLY suggest to stay on top of keeping them valid. I know BSIS is running way behind right now just renewing permits, to the point where they are allowing people to renew their permit 90 days out (normally 60 days out) from expiration. It's only a matter of time too when the people "grandfathered" in will have to take one prior to renewing their permits. Gotta love Kommiefornia.
Old 12-15-2017, 6:25 PM
I need a LIFE!!

http://www.bsis.ca.gov/about_us/sb1196.pdf

If you're behind/out of wack on your requals you're likely better off taking the initial class again before the end of the year (if you can find one.) Otherwise you risk not getting renewed and having to take the psych. Current Exposed card holders don't need to take the psych.