Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > The CRPA Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

The CRPA Forum News, Questions, and Discussion

Old 04-28-2018, 7:10 AM

Default CRPA- Wrong side?

why does CRPA support Stan Sniff? is it because CRPA activists are on his Inner Circle?

"Riverside Sheriff Stan Sniff Is Working To Expedite CCW Issuance! As many of you know, the wait time for a CCW in Riverside County is now two years. Despite having a pro-CCW sheriff, years of budget cuts combined with an ever-growing demand for CCWs has resulted in a backlog of CCW applications."

Sniff is NOT pro-CCW. he is a May-Issue troglodyte who created the 2 year backlog.

it's time for CRPA to fight for the rights of all Californians, not just those on their Inner Circle. Remember 2014
Old 04-28-2018, 8:12 AM

The best way to send a strong message is vote Bianco in. I think it's only fair that they ( CRPA ) give a little exposure to Bianca's statement that he would except self defense as a good cause. Sniff is better than many, Bianco is better than Sniff.

Last edited by homelessdude; 04-28-2018 at 8:15 AM.. Reason: My spelling sucks.
Old 05-16-2018, 6:51 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Another thread asking the same question. CRPA Voting Endorsement for Stan Sniff???

What does the CRPA spokesperson say?

As was posted, Sniff is not as restrictive as the SF county sheriff, but he's by no means "pro-ccw".

No comments so far from CRPA that I can find.

If I could live my life all over,
It wouldn't matter anyway,
'Cause I never could stay sober
On the Corpus Christi Bay. Robert Earl Keene

Heaven goes by favor.
If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in. Mark Twain
Old 05-17-2018, 3:32 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Thumbs down Still nothing...

...but chirping cickets.

No one home at CRPA?

Heaven goes by favor.
Old 05-18-2018, 7:05 PM
Veteran Member

I asked Chuck Michel on his facebook page, same thing. Crickets.....
Old 05-31-2018, 6:16 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Default BTT...

...and still waiting for the reason(s) why Stan Sniff is CRPA's recommendation for sheriff.

Heaven goes by favor.
Old 05-31-2018, 8:29 PM

poor Hanko i suspect you have a long wait coming.
Old 06-01-2018, 9:28 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by warbird View Post
poor Hanko i suspect you have a long wait coming.
Tks for the support.

Are we looking at possibly infuriating the NRA H.Paul.Whomever?

If indeed Sniff is, as the CPRA writes, is "pro-CCW", then why indeed does he require a pile of excess paperwork when one applies for a CCW?

Heaven goes by favor.
Old 06-01-2018, 11:39 AM

that is so he can claim the support and still block you by burying you in a ton of extra paperwork/fees that are useless. It is kind of like saying "I am pro 2 second amendment and push gun rights to make us equal to other states but in the meantime i am going to bury you under useless paper work and high fees so i make the ant-gun people happy." I always called it being two-faced myself.
Old 06-01-2018, 11:23 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by warbird View Post
that is so he can claim the support and still block you by burying you in a ton of extra paperwork/fees that are useless. It is kind of like saying "I am pro 2 second amendment and push gun rights to make us equal to other states but in the meantime i am going to bury you under useless paper work and high fees so i make the ant-gun people happy." I always called it being two-faced myself.
Based on what I've read as to Sniff here, during a luncheon outing where a few here endorsed him, but later changed the endorsement to a recommendation when the sheriff's recalcitrant nature was brought up...OT, but I've seen better examples of CYA from nursery school children.

So all that said, doesn't CRPA care enough about the CCW situation with Sniff to be frank with its members as to why they support him?

Do the members care enough to get a straight answer from CRPA?

Has CRPA donated to Sniff's campaign?

I would not mind if this thread were merged with the thread about gun owners eating their own...imo a perfect example.

Heaven goes by favor.
Old 06-01-2018, 11:33 PM

i do not belong to CRPA but I think you are asking very good logical intelligent questions that others should be asking or supporting. You are not asking for national secrets and the only thing I have seen so far is you might eat up someone who can't give an honest answer. But then cats tend to do that (LOL). Any organization that is not answerable to it's members should not be supported. Thanks for asking what are obviously hard questions for this organization to answer and that means their recommendations might be in question in November.
Old 06-02-2018, 6:57 AM
Ready fo HILLARY!!

Is Sniff going to win reelection? Does Bianca have high enough numbers and money to beat him?
Old 06-02-2018, 8:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by -hanko View Post
Based on what I've read as to Sniff here, during a luncheon outing where a few here endorsed him, but later changed the endorsement to a recommendation when the sheriff's recalcitrant nature was brought up...OT, but I've seen better examples of CYA from nursery school children.

So all that said, doesn't CRPA care enough about the CCW situation with Sniff to be frank with its members as to why they support him?

Do the members care enough to get a straight answer from CRPA?

Has CRPA donated to Sniff's campaign?

I would not mind if this thread were merged with the thread about gun owners eating their own...imo a perfect example.
I would mind that very much. I started this thread to call out CRPA for their traditional "Inner Circle" business model. they do not support the average gun owner in Riverside County and that fact needs to be documented for posterity.

Riverside County residents need to vote for anybody but Sniff. And those that are CRPA members need to let their membership lapse.

Just Say No to Sniffy. 2018
Old 06-26-2018, 5:52 PM

Old 06-26-2018, 6:00 PM

Don't know this CRPA but do they have ANY ties to NRA? If so, :edit: (my guess would be) :/edit: the Sniff endorsement was crafted by Mr. Payne. Who now is having some major troubles of his own. In fact, he had to get rid of all his firearms due to a DVTRO that supposedly may become permanent. He surrendered his guns to a large Sniff campaign contributor($50K+) Mohammad Ali Mazarei... And he only turned over 5 guns... weird huh?

Last edited by Grampz; 06-30-2018 at 2:36 PM..
Old 06-28-2018, 1:07 PM

I have been a member for years. I disagree with the choice of Sniff over Bianco. Having said that this all or nothing attitude gets us nothing. The CRPA does a lot of good, in the courts as well as firearms training and education. Use your head people. You don't get a new wife everytime she disagrees with you. Well maybe some of you do but it's not the best way to fix the problem. I'm sure they know people are unhappy with there choice.
Old 06-28-2018, 6:34 PM
Head Janitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grampz View Post
Don't know this CRPA but do they have ANY ties to NRA?
Yes they do, the CRPA is the official State Affiliate of the NRA.

As for endorsements you're flat wrong on where they come from.
The CRPA does it's own vetting and reaches it's own decisions on who to endorse. Paul Payne is not on the Board of Directors of CRPA and not involved with running the CRPA nor determining it's actions. The only entity that Paul Payne specifically directs and the only entity whose endorsements he has a hand in is the Members Councils which are an NRA program but are NOT the voice of the NRA in regards to endorsements.

Whatever personal issues Paul Payne is going through are immaterial and have no place in a discussion of who any organization endorses.

I do not deal with endorsements from CRPA, that is handled by a specific committee, so my thoughts are my own and based on observation only.

From what I've seen CRPA endorses Sheriff Sniff in part at least due to Sniff's efforts to oppose State gun restrictions in his capacity as Sheriff in the form of active opposition to bad gun laws and support of pro-2A laws.
I have seen actions in the form of letters of opposition to multiple proposed laws presented to Legislators and legislative committees and in support of CRPA backed legislation.
CCW is important but it is not the 'be all/end all' of our 2A rights and action on other fronts can be even more valuable.

My guess is that in the end the previous 2A support in Sacramento of CRPA efforts from Sniff, the fact that while not as much or as freely as we'd like he is issuing CCWs and that he is a known entity with an established working relationship on 2A rights is why he is being endorsed.

As I said this is strictly my guess not anything 'official' or even from direct knowledge nor is it an implication that Bianco would not do the same or more.
The California Rifle & Pistol Assoc. - Director.
DONATE TO NRA-ILA, CGSSA, AND CRPAF NOW!
Opinions posted in this account are my own and unless specifically stated as such are not the approved position of Calguns.net, CGSSA or CRPA.
Old 07-18-2018, 8:55 PM

Hmmm... still no answer from any CRPA official why they are supporting the "less than 2A:" candidate in the run for RivCo Sheriff. WTH? What backroom deal is going on here?