Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > FFL's Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

FFL's Forum For open discussion between FFLs and polite questions for FFLs.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-22-2013, 4:45 PM

Default PPT of an AR pistol made from 80%

Hello

I'm looking for some help. I'm trying to PPT an AR pistol from a private party. The unique issue is that this private party had built the AR pistol from an 80% lower. Now I know that a party cannot build with the intent to sell, and this is not that case. He built it about a year ago and now needs some cash, and thus is looking to sell. The pistol has all the proper markings (manufacturer, location, caliber, and serial number).

Today we tried to do a ppt through an FFL, and halfway into the process i was told that they could not do the dros because their computer system only allows for manufacturers that are on the approved list, and being that this was built by an individual, they could not dros it as a handgun. They recommended I change the upper and dros as a long gun, but I refused as the whole point is to get it configured as a pistol. They then called a manager who tried to tell the seller that he could NEVER sell the firearm because he doesn't have a manufacturer license. They then sent us on our way.

So I'm looking for some guidance on what to do, or I am looking for an FFL in the Los Angeles area (preferably the valley) that knows how to legally do a PPT for an AR pistol created from an 80% lower.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you