Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > How CA Laws Apply to/Affect Me
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-28-2017, 12:59 PM

Default Ship out of state for repairs

I realize this is probably common knowledge, but the experience is new to me. I want to Ship my AK out of state for repairs. The vendor says as of Sept. 2017 their legal department won't allow them to receive guns for repair from CA, or return to CA. They say it's a grey area, and they will notify me once this issue has been resolved.

So what's the relevant CA legislation that I can blame for this, and how long should I expect to wait for this to be resolved? It seems that there should be a suit filed against this. Is there legislation pending? I should have a right to send my personal property out of state for repairs. I F'ING HATE CA!!!

Thanks.
Old 09-28-2017, 1:37 PM
Super Moderator
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

2 probable issues:

1) their lawyers are paranoid and read CA law far more narrowly than necessary.

2) They're worried about 'assault weapons', whose status is somewhat up in the air with the existing lawsuit against the regulations.

There is no value at all complaining or analyzing or reading tea leaves to decide what these bills really mean or actually do; any bill with a chance to pass will be bad for gun owners.

The details only count after the Governor signs the bills.

Not a lawyer, just Some Guy On The Interwebs.

Old 09-28-2017, 4:31 PM
Calguns Addict

Find a local AK smith which can fix your rifle. There are a few really good ones in the LA area.

What needs to be repaired?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddletown View Post
What you believe and what is true in real life in the real world aren't necessarily the same thing. And what you believe doesn't change what is true in real life in the real world.

Old 09-28-2017, 4:37 PM
Veteran Member

Ak Team to the rescue? Unless you got a blown up Ras or c39 there's plenty of people in this forum that could help. Contact KC Scott he's a great guy Randall might be able to help as well just to suggest a few. How about ya tell us what the problem is.
You did ask. They were only following your instructions. Next time be a bit more careful in how you phrase your posts. If you give people a straight line like that, this is about the level of response you are bound to get. Just be glad you didn't post "Date this rifle"... Those pictures are usually very disturbing.

-Mb
Old 10-12-2017, 8:02 PM

Sorry for not responding to your posts sooner. I really appreciate your advise and attention. I was just so pissed about this situation that I didn't even want to think about it for a while.

Anyway, my AK is an Arsenal SAM7R bought through Atlantic Firearms. I fired a bunch of rounds through it at a training class. A couple different instructors fired it as well. It shot consistently high even as close as 50 yds -- maybe as much as a foot. We adjusted the front sight post as much as possible, and it still shot high. Windage seems to be OK though.

Arsenal as you probably know is out of Las Vegas and has a really good reputation. I wanted to take care of repairs while the gun is still under warranty. OTOH, by the time the legal issues are resolved, and they would agree to accept it for inspection, it would be out of warranty. Although the customer service rep assured me that they would honor it.

I admit that perhaps i was worried over nothing. But as you know, the Arsenals ain't cheap, and I was worried I would be stuck with a dud.

We'll see what happens with JB. Thanks.