Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #4841  
Old 10-05-2017, 3:54 PM
jjxd's Avatar
jjxd jjxd is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Southern California
Posts: 35
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by asabino View Post
Patiently waiting for the call. Range date 9/16. I've done a ton of cardio, running to answer the telemarketing calls!


If you're not to far I'd roll by to see if I can pick up. I've seen posts in the past that others were getting calls and some did just that.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #4842  
Old 10-05-2017, 4:18 PM
38Special's Avatar
38Special 38Special is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 419
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by asabino View Post
Patiently waiting for the call. Range date 9/16. I've done a ton of cardio, running to answer the telemarketing calls!
Storing numbers in my new phone I accidently stored my DR office as CCW office.
About had a panic attack when they called one evening to remind me of a DR appt. WHY is the CCW office calling me at 6PM!!!!!???????
__________________
Mrs 38Special
Reply With Quote
  #4843  
Old 10-06-2017, 6:54 AM
scooter 28's Avatar
scooter 28 scooter 28 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 801
iTrader: 49 / 98%
Default

Got the call yesterday. One year, one week,one day.
Start to finish.
Reply With Quote
  #4844  
Old 10-06-2017, 8:07 AM
asabino's Avatar
asabino asabino is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: North Central Alta Loma Region, People's Republic of Kommifornia Province
Posts: 233
iTrader: 10 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjxd View Post
If you're not to far I'd roll by to see if I can pick up. I've seen posts in the past that others were getting calls and some did just that.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Im so tempted but I want to respect their process.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
My Friends call me Abby, Abbie, or Ab-B!
Reply With Quote
  #4845  
Old 10-06-2017, 8:43 AM
morrcarr67's Avatar
morrcarr67 morrcarr67 is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ontario, CA
Posts: 9,102
iTrader: 15 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by asabino View Post
Im so tempted but I want to respect their process.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I understand that.

But, I've called people who I know have their voicemail set up and get a message that says the person you're calling has a voicemail that is not set up.

If they got that message when calling you they might not call back until they have some "free" time.

I don't think it would hurt to stop by and say hi and see if your card is ready.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
__________________
Yes you can have 2 C&R 03 FFL's; 1 in California and 1 in a different state.

For great pizza @ LA Farmer's Markets click on picture

Reply With Quote
  #4846  
Old 10-06-2017, 10:07 AM
Xseangarciax Xseangarciax is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 84
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Just got my call. Too bad they close at 1 today. Closed weekend and closed Monday for the holiday.
Reply With Quote
  #4847  
Old 10-06-2017, 11:20 AM
asabino's Avatar
asabino asabino is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: North Central Alta Loma Region, People's Republic of Kommifornia Province
Posts: 233
iTrader: 10 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by morrcarr67 View Post
I understand that.

But, I've called people who I know have their voicemail set up and get a message that says the person you're calling has a voicemail that is not set up.

If they got that message when calling you they might not call back until they have some "free" time.

I don't think it would hurt to stop by and say hi and see if your card is ready.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

My patience paid off! Got the call and now at the office waiting to pick it up! FYI. They close at 1:00 pm today and closed on Monday for Columbus Day. Good luck to all!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
My Friends call me Abby, Abbie, or Ab-B!
Reply With Quote
  #4848  
Old 10-06-2017, 11:27 AM
morrcarr67's Avatar
morrcarr67 morrcarr67 is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ontario, CA
Posts: 9,102
iTrader: 15 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by asabino View Post
My patience paid off! Got the call and now at the office waiting to pick it up! FYI. They close at 1:00 pm today and closed on Monday for Columbus Day. Good luck to all!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Very nice!

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
__________________
Yes you can have 2 C&R 03 FFL's; 1 in California and 1 in a different state.

For great pizza @ LA Farmer's Markets click on picture

Reply With Quote
  #4849  
Old 10-08-2017, 9:01 AM
blackwell328 blackwell328 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 2
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Does anyone know if you can add a gun to permit after the initial application. I only put two on original application, was thinking off adding third. Passed background have range date on 10/28.
Also I have seen in past post dimensions for the target used at range , cant seem to find it again in thread . If anybody knows post number can you direct me to the correct location.

Last edited by blackwell328; 10-08-2017 at 9:05 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #4850  
Old 10-08-2017, 9:13 AM
morrcarr67's Avatar
morrcarr67 morrcarr67 is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ontario, CA
Posts: 9,102
iTrader: 15 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwell328 View Post
Does anyone know if you can add a gun to permit after the initial application. I only put two on original application, was thinking off adding third. Passed background have range date on 10/28.
Also I have seen in past post dimensions for the target used at range , cant seem to find it again in thread . If anybody knows post number can you direct me to the correct location.
You can bring any 3 guns you own to the range. It doesn't matter if you listed them on your application or not. I listed my P220 on my application and it's not even on my permit.

The target used to qualify is the B27 silhouette. I used the B5 silhouette target for practice because they are a little smaller and much cheaper.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
__________________
Yes you can have 2 C&R 03 FFL's; 1 in California and 1 in a different state.

For great pizza @ LA Farmer's Markets click on picture


Last edited by morrcarr67; 10-08-2017 at 9:16 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #4851  
Old 10-08-2017, 9:25 AM
blackwell328 blackwell328 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 2
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by morrcarr67 View Post
You can bring any 3 guns you own to the range. It doesn't matter if you listed them on your application or not. I listed my P220 on my application and it's not even on my permit.

The target used to qualify is the B27 silhouette. I used the B5 silhouette target for practice because they are a little smaller and much cheaper.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
Thanks for the info, do you know is it any place inside of the 7 ring or just upper portion of silhouette inside the 7 ring?
Reply With Quote
  #4852  
Old 10-08-2017, 9:31 AM
morrcarr67's Avatar
morrcarr67 morrcarr67 is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ontario, CA
Posts: 9,102
iTrader: 15 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwell328 View Post
Thanks for the info, do you know is it any place inside of the 7 ring or just upper portion of silhouette inside the 7 ring?
It's from the center of the target to the shoulders inside the 7 ring.

__________________
Yes you can have 2 C&R 03 FFL's; 1 in California and 1 in a different state.

For great pizza @ LA Farmer's Markets click on picture

Reply With Quote
  #4853  
Old 10-08-2017, 9:35 AM
blackwell328 blackwell328 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 2
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by morrcarr67 View Post
It's from the center of the target to the shoulders inside the 7 ring.

Right on thanks. That is what I thought, that was the picture I found earlier. Just could not find it again.
Reply With Quote
  #4854  
Old 10-08-2017, 1:06 PM
2ndUp 2ndUp is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 15
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 38Special View Post
Sarah does do a awesome job!


Your renewal class is done in at either the HQ office conference room or at one of the substations. Only attendees are those renewing and some staff is on hand.
You never go back to the range/range classroom unless you are adding a firearm.
Thanks,
That clears up a statement that someone made in this thread earlier that the CCW class sizes (lately 150-200 Saturday class 1st applicants) were so large because of renewals possibly being part of them. So that's not the case, just a large volume of 1st time applicants.
Thank you for your reply, and to 'Quiet' as well...
Reply With Quote
  #4855  
Old 10-08-2017, 1:19 PM
Cokebottle's Avatar
Cokebottle Cokebottle is offline
Guitar: The Deplorables
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 28,892
iTrader: 14 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndUp View Post
Thanks,
That clears up a statement that someone made in this thread earlier that the CCW class sizes (lately 150-200 Saturday class 1st applicants) were so large because of renewals possibly being part of them. So that's not the case, just a large volume of 1st time applicants.
Thank you for your reply, and to 'Quiet' as well...
What I was referring to was that the person who claimed some 150-200/week MAY have been including renewals... I was not claiming that renewals were in the same class, I know that they aren't.

But the numbers still don't add up to there being some 150-200/week (with classes every week), yet only some 7,000 outstanding permits.
If they were running 150-200 every week, we would be getting around 9,000 NEW permits issued every year.

What was the last count that McMahon gave? 8,000 by the end of the year, which is only 4,000 more than when I got my permit at the beginning of 2016... and 4,000 of those will be up for renewal some time within the next few months.

I'm not saying there aren't 150-200 there. There obviously are. I'm saying that either they are not running classes every weekend, or there are far more permits outstanding than McMahon is claiming.... OR the claim of 150-200 "per week" is including the renewals, which are ~80 people 4-5 times a month (total) at HQ, Rancho, and Hesperia.
__________________
- Rich

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantodd View Post
A just gov't will not be overthrown by force or violence because the people have no incentive to overthrow a just gov't. If a small minority of people attempt such an insurrection to grab power and enslave the people the RKBA of the whole is our insurance against their success.

Last edited by Cokebottle; 10-08-2017 at 1:24 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #4856  
Old 10-08-2017, 1:56 PM
38Special's Avatar
38Special 38Special is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 419
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cokebottle View Post
What I was referring to was that the person who claimed some 150-200/week MAY have been including renewals... I was not claiming that renewals were in the same class, I know that they aren't.

But the numbers still don't add up to there being some 150-200/week (with classes every week), yet only some 7,000 outstanding permits.
If they were running 150-200 every week, we would be getting around 9,000 NEW permits issued every year.

What was the last count that McMahon gave? 8,000 by the end of the year, which is only 4,000 more than when I got my permit at the beginning of 2016... and 4,000 of those will be up for renewal some time within the next few months.

I'm not saying there aren't 150-200 there. There obviously are. I'm saying that either they are not running classes every weekend, or there are far more permits outstanding than McMahon is claiming.... OR the claim of 150-200 "per week" is including the renewals, which are ~80 people 4-5 times a month (total) at HQ, Rancho, and Hesperia.
I have seen a number of FB posts about range classes having nearly 200 per day.
It was my understanding range class is once a month.
__________________
Mrs 38Special
Reply With Quote
  #4857  
Old 10-08-2017, 2:04 PM
morrcarr67's Avatar
morrcarr67 morrcarr67 is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ontario, CA
Posts: 9,102
iTrader: 15 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 38Special View Post
I have seen a number of FB posts about range classes having nearly 200 per day.
It was my understanding range class is once a month.
Interesting, they used to be 80 a class twice a month. When they went to double class size it sounded like they were still running 2 classes (weekends) a month.

I think that's how they've been able to help cut the time from about 2 years down to the current 11 to 14 months.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
__________________
Yes you can have 2 C&R 03 FFL's; 1 in California and 1 in a different state.

For great pizza @ LA Farmer's Markets click on picture

Reply With Quote
  #4858  
Old 10-08-2017, 2:28 PM
Cokebottle's Avatar
Cokebottle Cokebottle is offline
Guitar: The Deplorables
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 28,892
iTrader: 14 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by morrcarr67 View Post
Interesting, they used to be 80 a class twice a month. When they went to double class size it sounded like they were still running 2 classes (weekends) a month.

I think that's how they've been able to help cut the time from about 2 years down to the current 11 to 14 months.
Did they ever get up to a full 2 years?
I applied in May 2015 and completed Jan 2016

The flood of applicants started December 2015.
DOJ started releasing large numbers of Livescan approvals when Becerra took over (which is when class size boomed)
__________________
- Rich

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantodd View Post
A just gov't will not be overthrown by force or violence because the people have no incentive to overthrow a just gov't. If a small minority of people attempt such an insurrection to grab power and enslave the people the RKBA of the whole is our insurance against their success.
Reply With Quote
  #4859  
Old 10-08-2017, 2:49 PM
morrcarr67's Avatar
morrcarr67 morrcarr67 is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ontario, CA
Posts: 9,102
iTrader: 15 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cokebottle View Post
Did they ever get up to a full 2 years?
I applied in May 2015 and completed Jan 2016

The flood of applicants started December 2015.
DOJ started releasing large numbers of Livescan approvals when Becerra took over (which is when class size boomed)
Maybe not quite 24 months, but close.

Mine was just under 17 months start to finish. I was part of the Becerra flood. My brother and I applied on the same day. His interview was a month before mine. He got called on Tuesday for his range date. I was called on Wednesday and was given a range date a month later. Right after that they were starting to give out range dates that were 3 to 4 months out. A lot of those people were already about 15 to 16 months into it.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
__________________
Yes you can have 2 C&R 03 FFL's; 1 in California and 1 in a different state.

For great pizza @ LA Farmer's Markets click on picture

Reply With Quote
  #4860  
Old 10-12-2017, 12:00 PM
done-it-again done-it-again is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: IE
Posts: 87
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Anyone from the 9/16 class not been called?

I was in the 9/30 class and this last wait is brutal.
Reply With Quote
  #4861  
Old 10-13-2017, 2:14 PM
SkySwin SkySwin is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 7
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Does getting a written warning require notifying the IA?
Reply With Quote
  #4862  
Old 10-13-2017, 2:21 PM
71MUSTY's Avatar
71MUSTY 71MUSTY is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 5,376
iTrader: 15 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkySwin View Post
Does getting a written warning require notifying the IA?
Better safe then sorry.
__________________
We stand for the Anthem, we kneel for the cross


We already have the only reasonable Gun Control we need, It's called the Second Amendment and it's the government it controls.
Reply With Quote
  #4863  
Old 10-13-2017, 2:55 PM
38Special's Avatar
38Special 38Special is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 419
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkySwin View Post
Does getting a written warning require notifying the IA?
For?
__________________
Mrs 38Special
Reply With Quote
  #4864  
Old 10-13-2017, 3:26 PM
morrcarr67's Avatar
morrcarr67 morrcarr67 is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ontario, CA
Posts: 9,102
iTrader: 15 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkySwin View Post
Does getting a written warning require notifying the IA?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 38Special View Post
For?
Does it really matter?

Isn't that you have to report all interaction?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
__________________
Yes you can have 2 C&R 03 FFL's; 1 in California and 1 in a different state.

For great pizza @ LA Farmer's Markets click on picture

Reply With Quote
  #4865  
Old 10-13-2017, 7:10 PM
Cokebottle's Avatar
Cokebottle Cokebottle is offline
Guitar: The Deplorables
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 28,892
iTrader: 14 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by morrcarr67 View Post
Does it really matter?

Isn't that you have to report all interaction?
Policy is to notify within 10 days of a citation and 72 hours of arrest.

Personally, I would notify of any interaction where they ask for my ID, because they may have done something that shows up, despite not being given a ticket.

If I notified on all interaction, I'd be calling them 3 or 4 times a week from the guys coming in wanting to review traffic video.
__________________
- Rich

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantodd View Post
A just gov't will not be overthrown by force or violence because the people have no incentive to overthrow a just gov't. If a small minority of people attempt such an insurrection to grab power and enslave the people the RKBA of the whole is our insurance against their success.
Reply With Quote
  #4866  
Old 10-13-2017, 7:54 PM
WheelGunMagic's Avatar
WheelGunMagic WheelGunMagic is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: SoCal
Posts: 15
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Finally tried to submit my application today - been thinking about it for awhile. The system didn't give me a interview date after I submitted the application. I went back in & it came back with an error message saying that there was already a file for this SSN. Thanks to the info on this thread, I understand I just need to call Sarah on Monday for an appointment.

Question on the documents they request. I have an original of my property tax bill, but only a copy of my grant deed. I read awhile back that they would accept the property tax bill and didn't need the grant deed. Is this still true? If not, any idea where I can get an original grant deed?

And a Big Thank You to all those contributing to this thread. Your encouragement & shared experiences are hugely helpful to those of us just starting the process (or thinking of starting it)!!!
Reply With Quote
  #4867  
Old 10-13-2017, 8:37 PM
ArmedAngel ArmedAngel is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 25
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Tax bill should be fine, I believe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelGunMagic View Post
Finally tried to submit my application today - been thinking about it for awhile. The system didn't give me a interview date after I submitted the application. I went back in & it came back with an error message saying that there was already a file for this SSN. Thanks to the info on this thread, I understand I just need to call Sarah on Monday for an appointment.

Question on the documents they request. I have an original of my property tax bill, but only a copy of my grant deed. I read awhile back that they would accept the property tax bill and didn't need the grant deed. Is this still true? If not, any idea where I can get an original grant deed?

And a Big Thank You to all those contributing to this thread. Your encouragement & shared experiences are hugely helpful to those of us just starting the process (or thinking of starting it)!!!
Reply With Quote
  #4868  
Old 10-14-2017, 6:33 AM
38Special's Avatar
38Special 38Special is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 419
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelGunMagic View Post
Finally tried to submit my application today - been thinking about it for awhile. The system didn't give me a interview date after I submitted the application. I went back in & it came back with an error message saying that there was already a file for this SSN. Thanks to the info on this thread, I understand I just need to call Sarah on Monday for an appointment.

Question on the documents they request. I have an original of my property tax bill, but only a copy of my grant deed. I read awhile back that they would accept the property tax bill and didn't need the grant deed. Is this still true? If not, any idea where I can get an original grant deed?

And a Big Thank You to all those contributing to this thread. Your encouragement & shared experiences are hugely helpful to those of us just starting the process (or thinking of starting it)!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmedAngel View Post
Tax bill should be fine, I believe.
One of the following works fine.
Current property tax bill, Grant Deed or Rental Agreement.

A call to Sarah will get you a appoint date set-up.
__________________
Mrs 38Special
Reply With Quote
  #4869  
Old 10-14-2017, 8:28 AM
WheelGunMagic's Avatar
WheelGunMagic WheelGunMagic is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: SoCal
Posts: 15
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Thanks for the help - the property tax bill/grant deed question was the last of what I needed (that I can do this far out). I'll call Sarah on Monday.
Reply With Quote
  #4870  
Old 10-14-2017, 8:32 AM
38Special's Avatar
38Special 38Special is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 419
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelGunMagic View Post
Thanks for the help - the property tax bill/grant deed question was the last of what I needed (that I can do this far out). I'll call Sarah on Monday.
Good luck!!!!!
__________________
Mrs 38Special
Reply With Quote
  #4871  
Old 10-14-2017, 10:12 AM
Cokebottle's Avatar
Cokebottle Cokebottle is offline
Guitar: The Deplorables
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 28,892
iTrader: 14 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelGunMagic View Post
Thanks for the help - the property tax bill/grant deed question was the last of what I needed (that I can do this far out). I'll call Sarah on Monday.
You may or may not get your 2nd property tax bill before your interview.

You can just go onto the assessor's web site and reprint your most recent bill when closer to your interview.

My biggest hassle was my birth certificate. I wasn't sure that what I had here satisfied the requirement, so I went to LACO and ordered a new one.

Since I was born before 1964, my records have not yet been digitized, so I had to order it and wait for it to be mailed... took about 6 weeks.
Had I been born 2 years later, I would have been able to walk out with it that day.

Marriage certificate is listed as required, but that is only if you are female to document your name change, or if you intend to list a gun registered to your spouse (which is apparently a whole 2nd can of worms.)
__________________
- Rich

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantodd View Post
A just gov't will not be overthrown by force or violence because the people have no incentive to overthrow a just gov't. If a small minority of people attempt such an insurrection to grab power and enslave the people the RKBA of the whole is our insurance against their success.
Reply With Quote
  #4872  
Old 10-14-2017, 11:39 AM
38Special's Avatar
38Special 38Special is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 419
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cokebottle View Post
You may or may not get your 2nd property tax bill before your interview.

You can just go onto the assessor's web site and reprint your most recent bill when closer to your interview.

My biggest hassle was my birth certificate. I wasn't sure that what I had here satisfied the requirement, so I went to LACO and ordered a new one.

Since I was born before 1964, my records have not yet been digitized, so I had to order it and wait for it to be mailed... took about 6 weeks.
Had I been born 2 years later, I would have been able to walk out with it that day.

Marriage certificate is listed as required, but that is only if you are female to document your name change, or if you intend to list a gun registered to your spouse (which is apparently a whole 2nd can of worms.)
I have read where even males were required to have marriage license.
__________________
Mrs 38Special
Reply With Quote
  #4873  
Old 10-14-2017, 12:07 PM
Dburns Dburns is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 5
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cokebottle View Post
You may or may not get your 2nd property tax bill before your interview.

You can just go onto the assessor's web site and reprint your most recent bill when closer to your interview.

My biggest hassle was my birth certificate. I wasn't sure that what I had here satisfied the requirement, so I went to LACO and ordered a new one.

Since I was born before 1964, my records have not yet been digitized, so I had to order it and wait for it to be mailed... took about 6 weeks.
Had I been born 2 years later, I would have been able to walk out with it that day.

Marriage certificate is listed as required, but that is only if you are female to document your name change, or if you intend to list a gun registered to your spouse (which is apparently a whole 2nd can of worms.)


What is that can of worms, I intend to share our firearms between my wife and I, we are both waiting for interviews in March. We each have a firearm in our names.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Applied 8/8/2017
Interview 3/8/2018
Reply With Quote
  #4874  
Old 10-14-2017, 12:45 PM
38Special's Avatar
38Special 38Special is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 419
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dburns View Post
What is that can of worms, I intend to “share” our firearms between my wife and I, we are both waiting for interviews in March. We each have a firearm in our names.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No can of worms just take your marriage license to show them.
My listed weapons are a mix of his and mine.
__________________
Mrs 38Special
Reply With Quote
  #4875  
Old 10-14-2017, 5:17 PM
Cokebottle's Avatar
Cokebottle Cokebottle is offline
Guitar: The Deplorables
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 28,892
iTrader: 14 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 38Special View Post
I have read where even males were required to have marriage license.
I brought mine and she didn't even look at it. She asked how long we had been married.
It was not one of the documents that she copied (I brought originals and copies of all documents, but she selected what she wanted and made her own copies, handing mine back)
__________________
- Rich

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantodd View Post
A just gov't will not be overthrown by force or violence because the people have no incentive to overthrow a just gov't. If a small minority of people attempt such an insurrection to grab power and enslave the people the RKBA of the whole is our insurance against their success.
Reply With Quote
  #4876  
Old 10-14-2017, 5:19 PM
Cokebottle's Avatar
Cokebottle Cokebottle is offline
Guitar: The Deplorables
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 28,892
iTrader: 14 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 38Special View Post
No can of worms just take your marriage license to show them.
My listed weapons are a mix of his and mine.
The issue is the registration. There have been a couple of people who have taken "joint custody" guns to qualify, and been informed that there was a problem with one of the guns.

Captain Marhoefer said that the normal process will result in dual-registration, but a few people indicated otherwise on this thread in late 2016.

There may have been a change in procedure, so I would absolutely clear everything through Sarah.
__________________
- Rich

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantodd View Post
A just gov't will not be overthrown by force or violence because the people have no incentive to overthrow a just gov't. If a small minority of people attempt such an insurrection to grab power and enslave the people the RKBA of the whole is our insurance against their success.
Reply With Quote
  #4877  
Old 10-14-2017, 6:04 PM
morrcarr67's Avatar
morrcarr67 morrcarr67 is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ontario, CA
Posts: 9,102
iTrader: 15 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cokebottle View Post
I brought mine and she didn't even look at it. She asked how long we had been married.
It was not one of the documents that she copied (I brought originals and copies of all documents, but she selected what she wanted and made her own copies, handing mine back)
I didn't take mine and was never asked for it.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
__________________
Yes you can have 2 C&R 03 FFL's; 1 in California and 1 in a different state.

For great pizza @ LA Farmer's Markets click on picture

Reply With Quote
  #4878  
Old 10-14-2017, 7:25 PM
WheelGunMagic's Avatar
WheelGunMagic WheelGunMagic is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: SoCal
Posts: 15
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Since my name change while married, then again when divorced, I planned to take both marriage certificate & divorce decree.
Reply With Quote
  #4879  
Old 10-14-2017, 7:52 PM
ACfixer's Avatar
ACfixer ACfixer is offline
Global Warming Enthusiast
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: KAPV-L35 SoCal
Posts: 1,267
iTrader: 6 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelGunMagic View Post
Since my name change while married, then again when divorced, I planned to take both marriage certificate & divorce decree.
YES. They will ask for this stuff.
__________________
NRA life member - Buy made in USA goods whenever possible.
Reply With Quote
  #4880  
Old 10-15-2017, 1:29 AM
38Special's Avatar
38Special 38Special is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 419
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cokebottle View Post
The issue is the registration. There have been a couple of people who have taken "joint custody" guns to qualify, and been informed that there was a problem with one of the guns.

Captain Marhoefer said that the normal process will result in dual-registration, but a few people indicated otherwise on this thread in late 2016.

There may have been a change in procedure, so I would absolutely clear everything through Sarah.
Was gifted a gun from my hubby 25+ years ago. Bought in his name. On my CCW. Gun was stolen. PD ran my name and couldn't find the gun. Ran hubby's name and found the gun.
__________________
Mrs 38Special
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 3:54 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2016, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.