Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > GENERAL DISCUSSION > General gun discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General gun discussions This is a place to lounge and discuss firearm related topics with other forum members.

Old 03-14-2013, 10:03 PM
Clan of the Hunt's
CGN Contributor

Default Good and LEGAL places to shoot in the desert (So Cal)

I've looked at the BLM website and they offer maps to show you where their land is, but what I'm more looking for is good shooting spots that people may know GPS cords to.

I would like to take the family out with the ARs and pistols for some shooting instruction and target practice. I've been shooting in the past near El Mirage and Mojave over a decade ago, and since I wasn't driving, I don't know where the heck we were camped up at.

Do any of you have any good GPS coords to camping/shooting spots that are still legal to shoot at these days?

Thanking you all in advance.

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." -Albert Einstein

Last edited by waxer; 03-14-2013 at 10:11 PM..
Old 03-14-2013, 10:27 PM
Banned
CGN Contributor

I shoot when I go wheelin', and one of my goto places is along the Bradshaw trail. It will require a truck to go any distance, but there are nice canyons that branch off to the north that allow some privacy, and many allow a decent shooting distance if that is your thing.
It's just north of Niland, near hwy 111, on the eastern shore of the Salton sea.
Starts at 33.506012 -115.765885

After you are done shooting, I suggest a visit to Salvation mtn and slab city. It's a weird place for sure.
Old 03-14-2013, 10:48 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Blm land west side of 395 above 58. I just scoped it out. If you are interested pm me and I'll give you more detail I also took a short iPhone video of entrance right off 395. Took me hour and 10 mins to get there from Rancho Cucamonga.