Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Airguns, AirSoft and MilSim
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Airguns, AirSoft and MilSim Air rifles and pistols, AirSoft and Mil Sim Discussion

Old 05-11-2018, 9:31 AM

Default Vintage pellets?

I am going through my gun/airgun/airsoft junk and I have discovered some hidden "treasures" (I think?) that I have had buried in there for who knows how long... It's the usual pile of a hobbyist's junk; a mix of things I have bought/been gifted/rescued from garage sales/been given by elderly neighbors/etc. Now for the reason for the post: In this pile of junk are two yellow boxes of Sheridan 5mm pellets (full, I think...), an old metal tin of .22cal Crossman pellets, and a funky plastic container of .177 Crossman Super Pells..

I suppose there is always at least one person in the world who collects any particular thing; but are vintage pellets collectible (or maybe just really good to use)? I have a .177 rifle that I was recently given but I'm not sure I'm going to get into 5mm or .22 stuff; I've been looking at ebay and such online but it doesn't seem there is much "vintage" stuff out there. I may have found a few other oddities that may be air rifle parts; I may try and post those up here just to try and get them ID'd...
Stay classy, CGF and Calguns.
Old 05-11-2018, 5:51 PM

Some people collect them, but they do need to be full. Those old yellow plastic ones would fetch you the most money. We aren't talking much, full box $20-30 though you could get lucky on eBay for $50. Selling in bulk or trading for pellet you need is the better route to go. Put up them parts and I'll see if I can ID.
Old 05-11-2018, 9:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob112o View Post
Some people collect them, but they do need to be full. Those old yellow plastic ones would fetch you the most money. We aren't talking much, full box $20-30 though you could get lucky on eBay for $50. Selling in bulk or trading for pellet you need is the better route to go. Put up them parts and I'll see if I can ID.
Thanks for the heads up and offer for an ID; picture taking will be my task for the weekend; I'll throw them up here later then!

Looks like the Sheridan pellet boxes are full; the rest of them I don't think so. Also found a half full maybe tin of 6mm flobert rounds (I think) that I didn't even know I had. They were hiding among a bunch of pellet tins...
Stay classy, CGF and Calguns.