Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 04-17-2018, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockedandglocked View Post
Curious what civil disobedience looks like to you. Featureless? Fixed mag?

Or will we be seeing you at the range, blissfully shooting away with your unregistered illegally configured guns?
^^^this

People always talk big on the interwebs. What does "civil disobedience" look like? 50 bucks says it looks like an upper and lower separated and hidden away in the house. Everyone reasonable is either registering or converting to featureless. Going to the range with an illegal weapon isn't rebellious. It's stupid.
Old 04-17-2018, 12:19 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:

Or will we be seeing you at the range, blissfully shooting away with your unregistered illegally configured guns?
so i shouldn't take my 10 inch barreled ar15 with a folding stock, binary trigger, and using a d60 mag to the public range running AP incendiary rounds?
Proof we can all comment on whatever we want if it's at all related to the topic at hand!
Old 04-17-2018, 1:04 AM
Ball Pimp 4 Border Collie
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moemoe1 View Post
Maybe, am I talking to a cop or to someone who believes in civil disobedience? Because I could care less about the laws. I’m a hard working blue collar man and the most illegal thing that I’ve done is take the carpool lane. Why should I have to go to prison for excercising my rights as an American?
I saw today on the new dros form a question about riding in the car pool lane as a sole occupant of a vehicle with more than one seat. So it's no more guns for you!!

And your right. Civil disobedience is the answer.
Old 04-17-2018, 7:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M60A1Rise View Post
This is why WE are losing. I'm one of those people that think looking for pie in the sky is a waste of time , molested children should be allowed an abortion , and working hard and getting mine is the way my father his father and his father got what they have/had. I don't sit around and blame folks for my own ignorance because i'm too spiteful to see another humans position.

But yeah this is why most Dems think of us as they do.
You want to say that it's an everybody problem. You voting Democrat, and Democrats coming after guns isnt the problem? Whatever helps you sleep at night.
Old 04-17-2018, 8:55 AM
I'm with stupid ☝️
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratch705 View Post
so i shouldn't take my 10 inch barreled ar15 with a folding stock, binary trigger, and using a d60 mag to the public range running AP incendiary rounds?

Some people will probably ignore the law and freely use their illegal guns and not get in trouble, but $5 says they live in the middle of nowhere and probably mostly shoot on private property. The only places where I can go shooting locally, I wouldn't make it more than 3 minutes before I've attracted unwanted attention.

Old 04-17-2018, 11:00 AM

In Germany and some other European countries, barrels are the serialized part, not lower or upper receivers. So you can buy uppers and lowers all day long without a license, but gun barrels are considered firearms.

Just wait until the Lefties figure that out....oh wait, they just read this thread!
Old 04-17-2018, 11:41 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenemae View Post
^^^this

People always talk big on the interwebs. What does "civil disobedience" look like? 50 bucks says it looks like an upper and lower separated and hidden away in the house. Everyone reasonable is either registering or converting to featureless. Going to the range with an illegal weapon isn't rebellious. It's stupid.

That is precisely what civil disobedience is.

These tyrants have a very good idea of how many of any given type of firearm exist in the state and when they see the registration numbers are a fraction of a percent of what it "should be" if everyone / most everyone complied, it sends a message.
Old 04-17-2018, 12:06 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrjonesUSA View Post
No, it is only half of meaningful civil disobedience. The other half is doing it *publicly* with the expectation of getting arrested, in the hopes that if enough people get arrested for obviously innocuous, innocent acts, it makes for bad PR for the State.

"“[S]cientific proof” of both gun-rights and gun-control theories “is very hard to get”; therefore, requiring “some substantial scientific proof to show that a [firearm] law will indeed substantially reduce crime and injury” is tantamount to applying strict scrutiny to, and almost certainly will lead to invalidation of, the law." - Kamela Harris

Lawyers and their Stockholm Syndrome
Old 04-17-2018, 12:10 PM
I'm with stupid ☝️

Quote:

These tyrants have a very good idea of how many of any given type of firearm exist in the state and when they see the registration numbers are a fraction of a percent of what it "should be" if everyone / most everyone complied, it sends a message.
The message being that everyone either dispossessed themselves of their AW's or removed the scary parts.

I don't think the message they get will be that gun owners are starting to resist, if that's what you meant.

They will twist it into a "win" for themselves, no matter the result.

Last edited by cockedandglocked; 04-17-2018 at 12:15 PM..
Old 04-17-2018, 12:12 PM
I'm with stupid ☝️

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtisfong View Post
No, it is only half of meaningful civil disobedience. The other half is doing it *publicly* with the expectation of getting arrested, in the hopes that if enough people get arrested for obviously innocuous, innocent acts, it makes for bad PR for the State.
Exactly... going back to the Rosa Parks analogy, she didn't create change by sneaking into an empty parked bus at night and sitting in the seat hoping that nobody would notice.

Old 04-17-2018, 3:28 PM

We’ve been registering handguns for years. When was the last time anyone (rangemaster, LEO, random guy) ever:
1) checked to see if you’re prohibited from owning or having in your possession a firearm?
2) Have asked you to hand over your weapon to run the serial # to see if it’s stolen or to whom it is registered?
3) Been asked to present your weapons for inspection to ensure that it’s legally configured?
I would argue that most people are just left alone as long as they’re not being dangerous or acting like an ***.
Last, how are “they” going to know if you’re firearms are registered or not? They’d have to do what I mention above which I, in my 40 years of shooting, have never seen.
Old 04-17-2018, 3:54 PM
Calguns Addict

I guess if it passes we will have Jerky shows that sell mock gun parts. They look just like gun parts but they are not...

We stand for the Anthem, we kneel for the cross

We already have the only reasonable Gun Control we need, It's called the Second Amendment and it's the government it controls.
Old 04-17-2018, 5:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moemoe1 View Post
Don’t comply people, everytime you comply you give them Ammo. Civil disobedience is the key to this. Did Rosa parks move from the seat because it was the law or because she got fed up of being walked on? Look at the tank kid from China!That stood in front of a squad of tanks! Alone! He had more balls to stand up for something he believed in that most calgunners rushing to register their guns. We need to be more organized and not just B**** and complain about it here to a silent majority. I know so many gun owners my age not caring about the gun laws anymore they would be considered criminals. Many gun owners in their 20s are ready to start defying the laws because they know its the right thing to do even tho it means breaking the law.

^^^^^ This. Tens time over, THIS ^^^^^^

NRA Lifetime Member. Hunter & Target Shooter.
San Diego County.
Passionate supporter of RTKBA.
Supporter of conceal and open-carry.

"It's called the Bill Of Rights. Not the Bill of Needs."

Acronyms
AR-15 Primer
CA firearms laws timeline
BLM land maps
Old 04-17-2018, 5:53 PM

Quote:
Going to the range with an illegal weapon isn't rebellious. It's stupid.
Depends...now if you brought along enough like minded friends to tell anyone who tried to take them to F off that would be the picture of civil disobedience. Cliven Bundy's are few and far between in today's society tho.

Bad decisions by soldiers, officers, and politicians have lost wars, despite having "the same end result in mind" as the people who know better...

100 idiots are still idiots despite being on "my side"

Some people just don't understand that good ideas sometimes aren't.

Guns don't kill criminals, would have been victims do.
Old 04-17-2018, 5:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andeh View Post
The 2nd amendment is for all Americans dude.
DEMOCRATS ARENT AMERICAN.
God damn y’all have some thick skulls.
A democrat is as red as the blood he wants to drain from your corpse.
Do you really think they have changed at all since Choclate Jesus’s buddy Bill Ayers and the weather underground wrote of exterminating 25 million of us???
NO! They are the same people now emboldened.

If you break bread with a democrat, you’re as guilty as they are.
They are the enemy and it really is them or us.
Choose your side.
Old 04-17-2018, 7:55 PM

This is not about party lines but about who you are no matter what political party you belong to. You are in Nazi California and you have to decide if you are going to be a slave or resist the occupation. You have to refuse to register weapons by simply not complying and hiding your weapons. Kin George did warrantless searches in the revolutionary war and DOJ will do it today. Passive resistance is best now and active resistance might come later. Gun shops are siding with the government no matter what they say. Range masters will check your ammo and your weapons in the near future and they will comply because they would rather sacrifice you than their business license. No matter what they say they are not your friends. People will hate what i say but they know it is the truth otherwise why be so afraid? I hate to say it but more violence from gangs and cops will only drive the anti-gun people to desperate times. Add to their misery by posting a sign in your yard that says you have anti-gun neighbors but refuse to identify them. They will tear those signs down and when they do have them arrested. They will cry to their political left politicians/overseers to protect them and the pleas will fall on deaf ears. They will turn to you for contraband guns to defend themselves and their families and you will have to say no. Now we know what our forefathers were facing. Welcome to 1776 repeating itself in 2018 style. and if we are fortunate when these anti-gunners try to flee to other states those states will reject them and force them to come back here to face the mess they created. I am sargeant shultz from T.V.'s old show Hogan's Heroes. To paraphrase "I know nothing, I see nothing, and when it comes to an anti gun person I will do nothing.

Last edited by warbird; 04-17-2018 at 8:04 PM..
Old 04-17-2018, 8:27 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Exactly... going back to the Rosa Parks analogy, she didn't create change by sneaking into an empty parked bus at night and sitting in the seat hoping that nobody would notice.
There's so much more to it - hanging together, disagreeing in private, setting aside all sorts of side issues in pursuit of a core goal.

Laudably, Parks' actions were very carefully planned and practiced. As were most of the serious, successful actions taken by the civil rights movement. There's a reason, for example, that public colleges attended by young adults were first up. Yet we have trouble convincing folks that fat White guys carrying ARs into Starbucks, wearing cammies and "Kill Them All" slogan T-shirts, might not present a particularly persuasive PR image. Go figure.
Old 04-17-2018, 8:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by My375hp302 View Post
Depends...now if you brought along enough like minded friends to tell anyone who tried to take them to F off that would be the picture of civil disobedience. Cliven Bundy's are few and far between in today's society tho.
Exactly. I remember the standoff in Nevada well. Good people from around the country came to his defense - locked and loaded. And guess who backed down when faced with absolute conviction? The Feds.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcIen4LFwaA

Last edited by komifornian; 04-17-2018 at 8:38 PM..
Old 04-17-2018, 8:38 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by warbird View Post
This is not about party lines but about who you are no matter what political party you belong to.
One party wants the total removal of guns from the country (D) while the other is wishy washy about it (R). I'd rather work with the wishy washy ones. Anyone who votes for a democrat is UN-American and should be shot as a traitor.
Old 04-17-2018, 8:39 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mshill View Post
Oh, it will pass, and then the DOJ will write illegal regulations. While it will be devastating to CalGuns the rest of the gun owners in the state will ignore it just like they ignore the new ammo law, 10 round magazine limits, PPTs at FFLs, and any number of innane CA laws.
The blood pact by liberal Supreme Court justices to not review any 2A cases will let the whole country go down in flames the same way. Its only a matter of time unless they keel over in the next couple years.
Old 04-17-2018, 9:06 PM

That is strange because i have democratic friends that you will be prying their guns from their cold dead hands. of course they are anti-pelosi as well. Maybe they are closet republicans and just don't know it. (LOL). I tend to chose my friends by their principles/honor than party lines. i tend to judge people by their actions not their labels. I have not voted democratic for decades but what did it get us?
Old 04-17-2018, 9:30 PM

Quote:
^^^this

On point.
Old 04-17-2018, 9:42 PM

Quote:

^^^This

I've said it ten million times before, I always crack up when guys talk about "not complying" I.e. Not registering, yet, they takes rifles, spend money and modify them from their original design to circumvent current laws and think they're not complying when in actuality, you are more then the guys registering.

I'm not advocating for either, everyone has to do what's best for their own situation. I just get annoyed with the guys who think by not registering they're taking some stand and sticking it to the state.
Old 04-17-2018, 9:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by smupser View Post
^^^This

I've said it ten million times before, I always crack up when guys talk about "not complying" I.e. Not registering, yet, they takes rifles, spend money and modify them from their original design to circumvent current laws and think they're not complying when in actuality, you are more then the guys registering.

I'm not advocating for either, everyone has to do what's best for their own situation. I just get annoyed with the guys who think by not registering they're taking some stand and sticking it to the state.
Better that than saying “Over here Mr Jack-booted police officer! I have evil black rifles!”
Registration is for suckers.
Butvthen so is buying guns at an FFL
Old 04-18-2018, 2:43 PM

Holy crap...they are trying to put Lenny out of business
Things turn out best for people who make the best of the way things turn out-Art Linkletter
Old 04-18-2018, 6:08 PM

If 1/4 members on this forum do something, then we can have hope. And if 1/4 gun owners in Cali do something, then we can make a difference. Your 2A right isn't given to you by your gun friends, nor it doesn't come from God's given right, you need to do something to have it. I just signed and donated to FPC.
Old 04-18-2018, 6:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markinsac View Post
Appears also to ban armed security guards on school grounds unless in possession of written permission from the proper administrator. The exemption they do have in the bill only applies to armored car staff.

I wonder what format would be required for that permission? By person, company, etc..?

The REAL question is what is an armored car doing on school grounds...?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-18-2018, 6:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M60A1Rise View Post
This is why WE are losing. I'm one of those people that think looking for pie in the sky is a waste of time , molested children should be allowed an abortion , and working hard and getting mine is the way my father his father and his father got what they have/had. I don't sit around and blame folks for my own ignorance because i'm too spiteful to see another humans position.

But yeah this is why most Dems think of us as they do.

It’s all true. But this is they way of a partisan system. If your not with us your against us. This lead me down the libertarian path. To hell with partisan politics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-18-2018, 6:49 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKSOG View Post
The blood pact by liberal Supreme Court justices to not review any 2A cases will let the whole country go down in flames the same way. Its only a matter of time unless they keel over in the next couple years.
that has to make you wonder since they don't want to hear is because it will go towards that the Second Amendment protects all firearms. Justice Thomas is right the court needs to hear a case on 2A yet they dodge it every time.

I refer to this post often as to why Heller and McDonald aren't being used like they should be. I do disagree with him on some things. I agree 100% on this response to my posts. I wanted to know because it is very frustrating that we have 2 landmark decisions on 2A yet nothing has stopped the crap train in Kalifornia.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...&postcount=134

Thank your neighbor and fellow gun owners for passing Prop 63. For that gun control is a winning legislative agenda.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6Dj8tdSC1A
contact the governor
https://govnews.ca.gov/gov39mail/mail.php
In Memory of Spc Torres May 5th 2006 al-Hillah, Iraq. I will miss you my friend.
NRA Life Member.
Old 04-19-2018, 6:52 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by komifornian View Post
We’ve been registering handguns for years. When was the last time anyone (rangemaster, LEO, random guy) ever:
1) checked to see if you’re prohibited from owning or having in your possession a firearm?
2) Have asked you to hand over your weapon to run the serial # to see if it’s stolen or to whom it is registered?
3) Been asked to present your weapons for inspection to ensure that it’s legally configured?
I would argue that most people are just left alone as long as they’re not being dangerous or acting like an ***.
Last, how are “they” going to know if you’re firearms are registered or not? They’d have to do what I mention above which I, in my 40 years of shooting, have never seen.
Yes, very true and very good point.

I’m very curious to hear if ANY CalGunner has EVER been asked about the status of any pistols; I’ll bet the answer is probably never, just like you.

As long as you aren’t being stupid and doing things to draw attention to yourself like using an actual fully-automatic firearm, suppressor, bump / slide-fire, etc., you’ll be fine.
Old 04-19-2018, 8:23 AM
Veteran Member

In 5 years youre not going to be able to count all the misdemeanors in your gun safe, even using all of your fingers and toes.
Old 04-19-2018, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris View Post
sure they are. they know exactly what they are doing. pass so many laws to make everyone a criminal so that the simple act of breathing becomes a felony punishable up to one year in prison.

they don't care what anyone says or what any court says the end justifies the means.
And once the people they don't approve of all have felony records, not only can't they own guns, they also can't VOTE.
It was not a threat. It was an exaggerated response to an uncompromising stance. I was taught never to make a threat unless you are prepared to carry it out and I am not a fan of carrying anything. Even watching other people carrying things makes me uncomfortable. Mainly because of the possibility they may ask me to help.
Old 04-19-2018, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by warbird View Post
This is not about party lines but about who you are no matter what political party you belong to. You are in Nazi California and you have to decide if you are going to be a slave or resist the occupation. You have to refuse to register weapons by simply not complying and hiding your weapons. Kin George did warrantless searches in the revolutionary war and DOJ will do it today. Passive resistance is best now and active resistance might come later. Gun shops are siding with the government no matter what they say. Range masters will check your ammo and your weapons in the near future and they will comply because they would rather sacrifice you than their business license. No matter what they say they are not your friends. People will hate what i say but they know it is the truth otherwise why be so afraid? I hate to say it but more violence from gangs and cops will only drive the anti-gun people to desperate times. Add to their misery by posting a sign in your yard that says you have anti-gun neighbors but refuse to identify them. They will tear those signs down and when they do have them arrested. They will cry to their political left politicians/overseers to protect them and the pleas will fall on deaf ears. They will turn to you for contraband guns to defend themselves and their families and you will have to say no. Now we know what our forefathers were facing. Welcome to 1776 repeating itself in 2018 style. and if we are fortunate when these anti-gunners try to flee to other states those states will reject them and force them to come back here to face the mess they created. I am sargeant shultz from T.V.'s old show Hogan's Heroes. To paraphrase "I know nothing, I see nothing, and when it comes to an anti gun person I will do nothing.

I don't think anyone realizes,

TODAY IS THE ANIVERSERY OF THE BATTLE OF LEXINGTON AND CONCORD.

That is when British Troops came to confiscate the weapons, powder, bullets, and Cannons from the local militia.

Literally thousands of local militia came out to harass and shoot at the soldiers as they marched back from Concord mostly empty handed because the colonists had hidden their arms.

I don't think that there are enough people pissed as we are. Back then there were many things, not just guns, that affected everyone. The intolerable acts, the taxes on paper and tea, the restrictions on their ability to assemble and protest. We don't have all of that today. We have our Iphones and internet and Netflix. The only way to get people mad enough to fight is to take all that other stuff away too.

The Gov is too smart for that. They just take away the guns and leave everything else so that people are too content to fight. Then once all the guns are gone, they will take everything and no one will be able to fight.

Nulla Fatere, Omnia Nega, Accusatorem Accusa
Old 04-19-2018, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECG_88 View Post
I don't think anyone realizes,

TODAY IS THE ANIVERSERY OF THE BATTLE OF LEXINGTON AND CONCORD.

That is when British Troops came to confiscate the weapons, powder, bullets, and Cannons from the local militia.

Literally thousands of local militia came out to harass and shoot at the soldiers as they marched back from Concord mostly empty handed because the colonists had hidden their arms.

I don't think that there are enough people pissed as we are. Back then there were many things, not just guns, that affected everyone. The intolerable acts, the taxes on paper and tea, the restrictions on their ability to assemble and protest. We don't have all of that today. We have our Iphones and internet and Netflix. The only way to get people mad enough to fight is to take all that other stuff away too.

The Gov is too smart for that. They just take away the guns and leave everything else so that people are too content to fight. Then once all the guns are gone, they will take everything and no one will be able to fight.

However, in some ways we are being taxed without representation. In ways that are greedier than tea and paper. Even silencing our side’s freedom of speech, too. The difference now is that the enemy came from within.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 04-19-2018, 12:50 PM

Quote:
As long as you aren’t being stupid and doing things to draw attention to yourself like using an actual fully-automatic firearm, suppressor, bump / slide-fire, etc., you’ll be fine.
You don't see the irony in that statement? Why is it stupid to use a fully auto firearm at the range? If I recall correctly, that's not illegal with a spec weap permit or class III. It can legally be done, so nobody should stop someone doing it to inquire as to the legality, by your logic. But if the wrong person sees you freely popping magazines in and out of your rifle at the public range, you've got 'splaining to do even though pre-ban registered rifles are legal without mag-lock. Maybe they just tell you to leave. If you keep doing it, they ban you/call cops.

What will happen is featured will become less common, and once it has reached a point when it is uncommonly rare, your comment will turn into "As long as you aren’t being stupid and doing things to draw attention to yourself like using an actual featured rifle, you’ll be fine.".
Old 04-19-2018, 1:28 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
You don't see the irony in that statement? Why is it stupid to use a fully auto firearm at the range? If I recall correctly, that's not illegal with a spec weap permit or class III. It can legally be done, so nobody should stop someone doing it to inquire as to the legality, by your logic. But if the wrong person sees you freely popping magazines in and out of your rifle at the public range, you've got 'splaining to do even though pre-ban registered rifles are legal without mag-lock. Maybe they just tell you to leave. If you keep doing it, they ban you/call cops.

What will happen is featured will become less common, and once it has reached a point when it is uncommonly rare, your comment will turn into "As long as you aren’t being stupid and doing things to draw attention to yourself like using an actual featured rifle firearm, you’ll be fine.".
Fixed it.

When did I go from being a "citizen" to a "taxpayer"?

Jon Lovitz: ‘I can’t wait to go to a hospital run by the DMV!’

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestryll View Post
Dude went full CNN...
Old 04-19-2018, 2:05 PM

Okay, after reading this just went on line and ordered spare/replacement parts for my new 450 Bushmaster. Last American out of California take the flag.

Cheers,
W-W

Towards thee I roll, thou all-destroying but unconquering whale; to the last I grapple with thee; from hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee.
Old 04-19-2018, 2:11 PM

Ask your children if they even learned about Lexington and Concord or why the people were even mad. What were they fighting about? Bet they cannot tell you but my granddaughter can. Bottom line is parent's do not care as long as teat welfare check keeps coming and no one arrests their dope dealer. Most kids think America appeared magically and thanking a veteran is just the social thing to do.
Old 04-19-2018, 3:03 PM

Has anyone looked up represenative emails/phone numbers to call and oppose this? Not lazy, just busy with work, school, baby at home so if someone has done then leg work on that I am happy to blast off some emails and calls...desperately hoping this does not pass.
Old 04-19-2018, 3:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-J View Post
And once the people they don't approve of all have felony records, not only can't they own guns, they also can't VOTE.
Sooner or later youre going to run out of hiding spots. Theyre already making laws to criminalize people especially with these vague laws and grey areas targeting gun owners.