Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 09-22-2017, 11:45 AM
I'm with stupid ☝️
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by nedro View Post
So,
Call number.
Press 7.
Press 3.
Talk to someone who simply tells you over and over again to contact the shop that you bought it from to get the date.
If shop is out of business?
Write the AW department to complain.
Is that loophole enough for you?
What if you tell them you don't remember what shop you bought it at?

If DOJ visits you regarding your RAW application: Avoid opening your door if they don't have a warrant. Don't consent to a search. Don't "talk your way out of it". Assert your right to remain silent until you have a lawyer present.

2018 CA Legislation Quick-Reference & Statuses

Old 09-22-2017, 12:23 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockedandglocked View Post
What if you tell them you don't remember what shop you bought it at?
She already had issues. Didn't want her little brain to explode.
Old 09-22-2017, 1:03 PM
Low-Functioning Genius
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty_Shackleferd View Post
I just found out the shop i originally bought my lowers at has closed. I know that if an FFL closes, they are leagally bound to send their 4473s to the ATF to be catalogued and filed away for ~20 years, and then the records are supposedly destroyed. So riddle me this: if a rifle was bought on or before 1997, by law, there is no 4473 or DROS to reference for an acquisition date. In this case, what date do they reference?

Moreover, what date are they referencing if i brought a legal rifle into this state before 2014 and i didn't know i had to declare my rifle's existance to the DOJ? I'd be incriminating myself by trying to comply with the law?

How can either of the above scenarios hold up in court?

Disclaimer: all of my firearms have been bought and DROSed in CA. The 1997 scenario and self-incrimination scenario are hypothetical.
What would be hilarious is if they do in fact have those records and threaten us with them, saying the records don't match up. Records they are not supposed to have pre 2014.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMACA_MFG View Post
Not checkers, not chess, its Jenga.
"The California matrix of gun control laws is among the harshest in the nation and are filled with criminal law traps for people of common intelligence who desire to obey the law." - U.S. District Judge Roger T. Benitez

Old 09-22-2017, 1:55 PM
I'm with stupid ☝️

Quote:
Originally Posted by nedro View Post
She already had issues. Didn't want her little brain to explode.

"DOJ? Yes, Hi. So I have a question about AW registration."

DOJ:

If DOJ visits you regarding your RAW application: Avoid opening your door if they don't have a warrant. Don't consent to a search. Don't "talk your way out of it". Assert your right to remain silent until you have a lawyer present.

Last edited by cockedandglocked; 09-22-2017 at 1:58 PM..
Old 09-22-2017, 2:54 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty_Shackleferd View Post
I just found out the shop i originally bought my lowers at has closed. I know that if an FFL closes, they are leagally bound to send their 4473s to the ATF to be catalogued and filed away for ~20 years, and then the records are supposedly destroyed. So riddle me this: if a rifle was bought on or before 1997, by law, there is no 4473 or DROS to reference for an acquisition date. In this case, what date do they reference?

Moreover, what date are they referencing if i brought a legal rifle into this state before 2014 and i didn't know i had to declare my rifle's existance to the DOJ? I'd be incriminating myself by trying to comply with the law?

How can either of the above scenarios hold up in court?

Disclaimer: all of my firearms have been bought and DROSed in CA. The 1997 scenario and self-incrimination scenario are hypothetical.

Put down a date which is to the best of your knowledge or contact the manufacturer to find out the date it was manufactured. Then you've made a good faith effort to ascertain an approximate date. An alternate thought as we know is a long gun purchased prior to 2014 is not in the CADOJ system. Go featureless. Register nothing. All completely legal.

In regards to self incrimination on the registration form, that is a very real concern. The CRPA webinar pointed out the online registration is full of such pitfalls especially for people not up to date on the morass of CA gun laws.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-22-2017, 3:19 PM
I'm with stupid ☝️

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade Gunner View Post
In regards to self incrimination on the registration form, that is a very real concern. The CRPA webinar pointed out the online registration is full of such pitfalls especially for people not up to date on the morass of CA gun laws.
Absolutely. Everything written in red in the AW Registration Guide is a warning about those self-incrimination traps (and how to avoid them), and there's quite a lot of red in that guide.

Old 09-24-2017, 7:49 PM

Default anyone else recieve similar?

i recieved a email notice of incomplete registration:

From: bofcris@doj.ca.gov To: Subject: California Firearms Application Reporting System (CFARS) Incomplete Notice Gun Make: SMITH & WESSON Gun Model: MP15 Gun Caliber: 5.56x45mm NATO Serial #: The California Department of Justice has received your electronic AB 1135/SB 880 Assault Weapon Registration; however, it cannot be processed for the following reason(s):
Thank you for submitting your application. Based on the photos you provided, there are additional characteristics shown on your firearm that were not marked on the application. Please refer to Penal Code 30515

6. CONTROL OF DEADLY WEAPONS

(a) Notwithstanding Section 30510, “assault weapon” also means any of the following:
(1) A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that does not have a fixed magazine but has any one of the following:
(A) A pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon.
(B) A thumbhole stock.
(C) A folding or telescoping stock.
(D) A grenade launcher or flare launcher.
(E) A flash suppressor.
(F) A forward pistol grip.
(2) A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has a fixed magazine with the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds.
(3) A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has an overall length of less than 30 inches.

PISTOL
(4) A semiautomatic pistol that does not have a fixed magazine but has any one of the following:
(A) A threaded barrel, capable of accepting a flash suppressor, forward handgrip, or silencer.
(B) A second handgrip.
(C) A shroud that is attached to, or partially or completely encircles, the barrel that allows the bearer to fire the weapon without burning the bearer’s hand, except a slide that encloses the barrel.
(D) The capacity to accept a detachable magazine at some location outside of the pistol grip.
(5) A semiautomatic pistol with a fixed magazine that has the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds.

SHOTGUN
(6) A semiautomatic shotgun that has both of the following:
(A) A folding or telescoping stock.
(B) A pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon, thumbhole stock, or vertical handgrip.
(7) A semiautomatic shotgun that has the ability to accept a detachable magazine.
(8) Any shotgun with a revolving cylinder.
(b) For purposes of this section, “fixed magazine” means an ammunition feeding device contained in, or permanently attached to, a firearm in such a manner that the device cannot be removed without disassembly of the firearm action.

"PISTOL and "SHOTGUN" heading added by me to clarify between pistol and shotgun, which to me, can be a "gotcha" if one does not pay attention.

In the registration process I replied yes to the questions that required yes or the " check select feature" and left blank where the question should not be answered as my understanding of reading the registration process from the fine folks on this forum.

Anyway I plan to question their clarification questioning to me in as much that I checked the boxes that applied or did not check the boxes that do not apply such as the < 30" OAL question and others that could "bite", so I reckon I will question their questions.

Any comments pro or con appreciated
Thank You
inyocountymark

Last edited by inyocountymark; 09-24-2017 at 7:56 PM..
Old 09-24-2017, 7:57 PM

Did you check he boxes for collapsible stock, pistol grip and flash hider?
Old 09-24-2017, 7:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreamyFettucini View Post
Did you check he boxes for collapsible stock, pistol grip and flash hider?
Yes

Thank You to Mods for moving, could not find this thread till moved

Last edited by inyocountymark; 09-24-2017 at 8:05 PM..
Old 09-24-2017, 8:04 PM
Calguns Addict

Please make this obfuscation of what should be a simple matter known to the NRA/CRPA and Chuck Michel's office.

I have a hunch a lot more of this is going to be seen, and this stunt on their part to make the process difficult, complicated, time-consuming, and minutiae-oriented without clear definition of what they are citing may be something that Michel's team can point to as vengeful, spiteful, and antagonistic play by the DOJ which goes well beyond logic.

As it's known the regulations they put forth are already subject of a lawsuit, this kind of response can't go ignored. Any judge looking at this 'game' of groans will see it's an obvious assault on 2nd Amendment rights of law-abiding individuals by way of making one jump through hoops that have no other side.

Old 09-24-2017, 8:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALI-gula View Post
Please make this obfuscation of what should be a simple matter known to the NRA/CRPA and Chuck Michel's office.

I have a hunch a lot more of this is going to be seen, and this stunt on their part to make the process difficult, complicated, time-consuming, and minutiae-oriented without clear definition of what they are citing may be something that Michel's team can point to as vengeful, spiteful, and antagonistic play by the DOJ which goes well beyond logic.

As it's known the regulations they put forth are already subject of a lawsuit, this kind of response can't go ignored. Any judge looking at this 'game' of groans will see it's an obvious assault on 2nd Amendment rights of law-abiding individuals by way of making one jump through hoops that have no other side.

Thank You, btw i like that avatar
Old 09-25-2017, 7:37 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by inyocountymark View Post
i recieved a email notice of incomplete registration:

From: bofcris@doj.ca.gov To: Subject: California Firearms Application Reporting System (CFARS) Incomplete Notice Gun Make: SMITH & WESSON Gun Model: MP15 Gun Caliber: 5.56x45mm NATO Serial #: The California Department of Justice has received your electronic AB 1135/SB 880 Assault Weapon Registration; however, it cannot be processed for the following reason(s):
Thank you for submitting your application. Based on the photos you provided, there are additional characteristics shown on your firearm that were not marked on the application. Please refer to Penal Code 30515
Interesting.. what is the configuration of the particular rifle? You sure you checked all the evil features? Pistol grip, Collapsible stock, flash hider, FORWARD GRIP, etc?

I capitalize forward grip because that's an easy one to forget. I almost submitted one of mine before remembering that was an evil feature.
Old 09-25-2017, 9:49 AM
1911 Aficionado
CGN Contributor

Again, to avoid confusion, strip down the AR to a minimalist configuration prior to taking pictures. No sights, no optics, nothing attached to the rail, or anything else. The only thing they need is a picture of a semi-automatic rifle with a bullet button installed, in addition to whatever features are left in the minimalist configuration.

They are not enthusiasts, so take the guesswork out of the equation. For instance, don't expect them to know the difference between a flash suppressor and brake, so check flash suppressor if you have a muzzle device installed, or remove your muzzle device and install a thread protector. Your weapon does not need to be feature-rich at the time of registration.

Register, if that is in fact your decision, then reconfigure your weapon. No, you are not prohibited from adding your MBUS sights, ACOG, and forward grip following registration.

Remember, their highest priority is to make sure that there is in fact a bullet-button installed at the time of submission. Beyond that, I doubt they care how the weapon is configured.
Old 09-25-2017, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Press Check View Post
Remember, their highest priority is to make sure that there is in fact a bullet-button installed at the time of submission. Beyond that, I doubt they care how the weapon is configured.
It's boggling that they are rejecting submissions because they feel there is a different number of 'features'. What the hell difference does it make!? It's a featured rifle with a BB, just process it already!
Old 09-25-2017, 10:06 AM
I'm with stupid ☝️

Quote:
Again, to avoid confusion, strip down the AR to a minimalist configuration prior to taking pictures. No sights, no optics, nothing attached to the rail, or anything else. The only thing they need is a picture of a semi-automatic rifle with a bullet button installed, in addition to whatever features are left in the minimalist configuration.

They are not enthusiasts, so take the guesswork out of the equation. For instance, don't expect them to know the difference between a flash suppressor and brake, so check flash suppressor if you have a muzzle device installed, or remove your muzzle device and install a thread protector. Your weapon does not need to be feature-rich at the time of registration.

Register, if that is in fact your decision, then reconfigure your weapon. No, you are not prohibited from adding your MBUS sights, ACOG, and forward grip following registration.

+1, I concur.

There is absolutely no benefit (for you) to send DOJ photos of your optics, magazines, rail accessories, and other doodads - so don't. A barebones firearm with just a grip, a stock, a bullet button, and maybe muzzle device, is all they need to see.

The more crap you have attached to your rifle, the more likely DOJ will just get confused and delay your application, just like we've seen happen to a few people in this thread.

Last edited by cockedandglocked; 09-25-2017 at 10:12 AM..
Old 09-25-2017, 10:09 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicky c View Post
It's boggling that they are rejecting submissions because they feel there is a different number of 'features'. What the hell difference does it make!? It's a featured rifle with a BB, just process it already!
Because for some reason they care, which should be a concern. Is it better to remove EVIL(tm) features after registration or add them? I suspect adding things could be more of an issue, but then again it might be that ANY change will claimed to be an issue.

Never try to teach a pig to sing. You waste your time and you annoy the pig. - Robert A. Heinlein
Old 09-25-2017, 10:26 AM
I'm with stupid ☝️

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemasa View Post
Because for some reason they care, which should be a concern. Is it better to remove EVIL(tm) features after registration or add them? I suspect adding things could be more of an issue, but then again it might be that ANY change will claimed to be an issue.
Ya but fortunately DOJ can't enforce things purely on the grounds that "they care". If it isn't written anywhere, then it's not a law.

Old 09-25-2017, 10:32 AM

Just as an aside. I submitted registration for a C&R bought out of state with my FFL while I was on vacation. I too got the generic email that they were reviewing it and the results would be in the mail last week.

Its been about 3 weeks now. (previously I used to send the form in by mail and get a mailed confirmation in 4-5 weeks). I'd be curious if my C&R form gets dumped into the same group doing the reviewing as the AW and therefore will get a much slower approval).
WTB: Pietta 45lc conversion cylinder

Last edited by Sousuke; 09-25-2017 at 10:34 AM..
Old 09-25-2017, 11:29 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Ya but fortunately DOJ can't enforce things purely on the grounds that "they care". If it isn't written anywhere, then it's not a law.
Really? So their view on the exemption for the 1 in 30 when the person has a C&R FFL and COE, as well as the sale of a so-called high capacity magazine by a FFL to anyone, which is exempt due to the law being badly written can't be enforced since it isn't actually the law?

Never try to teach a pig to sing. You waste your time and you annoy the pig. - Robert A. Heinlein
Old 09-25-2017, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemasa View Post
Really? So their view on the exemption for the 1 in 30 when the person has a C&R FFL and COE, as well as the sale of a so-called high capacity magazine by a FFL to anyone, which is exempt due to the law being badly written can't be enforced since it isn't actually the law?
It certainly SHOULDN'T be enforced.
Old 09-25-2017, 12:34 PM

so wait the 30 days and register and pay the 15 dollars no problem

or go to Report a Issue and resubmit?

after i submitted photos earlier i thought that i screwed the pooch, that the agency wouldnt know their six from a hole in the ground.......

im going with report an issue, no sense wasting dinero...now where is poochy

Last edited by inyocountymark; 09-25-2017 at 9:47 PM..
Old 09-25-2017, 4:33 PM

The problems I have read in this thread is why I went featureless. I just don't need the flipping aggravation.
As for the "don't leave CA you coward" sentiment: I don't fault anyone for feeling that way. I felt that way myself for years. In the end though, CA is a lost cause and the poor people of rural CA will be ruled by the pink-clad fist of San Francisco for the foreseeable future. Living the rest of my life in misery and denying my children freedom won't change that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebody;somewhere
I came into this world, kicking, screaming and covered in someone else's blood. I am prepared to leave the same way.
Old 09-25-2017, 9:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazed_SS View Post
Interesting.. what is the configuration of the particular rifle? You sure you checked all the evil features? Pistol grip, Collapsible stock, flash hider, FORWARD GRIP, etc?

I capitalize forward grip because that's an easy one to forget. I almost submitted one of mine before remembering that was an evil feature.
yes xcept no forward grip
Old 09-25-2017, 9:40 PM

I'm on an extended business trip abroad. I took some pictures of my rifles when I was back home, but I can't complete the application because I'm out of the country.

For anyone having a similar issue, it looks like you can complete the application if you are outside of the country by using a VPN.
Old 09-25-2017, 9:41 PM

Quote:

gong to do so tomorrow morn
Old 09-25-2017, 9:43 PM

Quote:
+1, I concur.

There is absolutely no benefit (for you) to send DOJ photos of your optics, magazines, rail accessories, and other doodads - so don't. A barebones firearm with just a grip, a stock, a bullet button, and maybe muzzle device, is all they need to see.

The more crap you have attached to your rifle, the more likely DOJ will just get confused and delay your application, just like we've seen happen to a few people in this thread.
agree
Old 09-25-2017, 9:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slothracing View Post
I'm on an extended business trip abroad. I took some pictures of my rifles when I was back home, but I can't complete the application because I'm out of the country.

For anyone having a similar issue, it looks like you can complete the application if you are outside of the country by using a VPN.
please keep this thread updated and welcome here
Old 09-26-2017, 8:58 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALI-gula View Post

Don't worry, we are paying attention.

Just so everyone is on the same page, the requirement that individuals provide the date of acquisition for the firearm being registered is found in the Penal Code itself, not just DOJ's regulations:

The registration shall contain a description of the firearm that identifies it uniquely, including all identification marks, the date the firearm was acquired, the name and address of the individual from whom, or business from which, the firearm was acquired, as well as the registrant's full name, address, telephone number, date of birth, sex, height, weight, eye color, hair color, and California driver's license number or California identification card number.

Cal. Penal Code 30900(b)(3)

The Rupp lawsuit, which challenges California's assault weapon restrictions as a violation of the Second Amendment, Due Process clause, and Takings clause of the United States Constitution, was recently amended for this very reason. The amended complaint, which you can view here, challenges this requirement on the grounds that it violates due process.

NRA Certified Instructor- Pistol, Rifle, PPITH, PPOTH, Metallic Cartridge Reloading, Home Firearm Safety, Refuse to be a Victim
NRA Range Safety Officer

NRA Patriot Life Member - Benefactor Level
CRPA Life Member
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
Old 09-26-2017, 9:52 AM

Quote:
Thank you for submitting your application. The acquired date for the firearm on this application does not match the date of purchase in our database. Please refer to your receipts and records of your firearm purchases to obtain the correct information. If you are unable to locate the information, contact the DOJ customer service center at (916) 227-7527.
Called the number above to obtain acquired date. The lady answered the phone was very nice and very helpful. She was able to find my records very quickly over the phone. She did mentioned that she has heard folks were kick out due to acquired date mismatch, but she will not be able to provide any dates for purchase prior to 2014 (she believe an estimated date for rifle prior to 2014 may be "ok". Funny part was initially she suggested using an estimated date for all purchases. guess even DOJ staff think that should be ok)

Unfortunately, since I have bought too many, she was not able to help me over the phone (so if you just have one or two firearms that needs a date, you'll be gtg) She suggested I file a AFS request to get all the firearm records. However, she is not sure if the AFS will include the acquired date for the firearms. She was kind enough to transfer me to the AFS department so I can leave a voice message asking if the AFS record will contain acquired date.

I'll report back if I hear back from the AFS.

Side note... I just bought a pistol yesterday from Tuners, and she mentioned "hey, did you just buy a gun? It is approved" LOL... haha... now I just have to wait out the next 9 days to "cool" off while I go to the range with other handguns from my safe.

Last edited by walmart_ar15; 09-26-2017 at 9:54 AM..
Old 09-26-2017, 9:57 AM
Low-Functioning Genius
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by walmart_ar15 View Post
Called the number above to obtain acquired date. The lady answered the phone was very nice and very helpful. She was able to find my records very quickly over the phone. She did mentioned that she has heard folks were kick out due to acquired date mismatch, but she will not be able to provide any dates for purchase prior to 2014 (she believe an estimated date for rifle prior to 2014 may be "ok". Funny part was initially she suggested using an estimated date for all purchases. guess even DOJ staff think that should be ok)

Unfortunately, since I have bought too many, she was not able to help me over the phone (so if you just have one or two firearms that needs a date, you'll be gtg) She suggested I file a AFS request to get all the firearm records. However, she is not sure if the AFS will include the acquired date for the firearms. She was kind enough to transfer me to the AFS department so I can leave a voice message asking if the AFS record will contain acquired date.

Side note... I just bought a pistol yesterday from Tuners, and she mentioned "hey, did you just buy a gun? It is approved" LOL... haha... now I just have to wait out the next 9 days to "cool" off while I go to the range with other handguns from my safe.
At least they will be reasonable enough for post 2014 dates if you call in. Screw the AFS report, you need to get it notarized which costs money. Just keep calling in one by one until you get the dates you need. No need to do AFS which on average takes 2 months to process.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMACA_MFG View Post
Not checkers, not chess, its Jenga.
"The California matrix of gun control laws is among the harshest in the nation and are filled with criminal law traps for people of common intelligence who desire to obey the law." - U.S. District Judge Roger T. Benitez

Old 09-26-2017, 9:57 AM
I'm with stupid ☝️

Quote:

FYI, an AFS record request can only be done by mail as far as I know, and can take several months to get. I'd recommend an alternative means of gathering your purchase dates - probably over the phone as you suggested, if they are willing to give it to you (which I guess they won't if you have "too many" purchases, whatever that means)

When you talk to the AFS department, could you please ask them if you can request an expedited record, or if we HAVE to send in the snail mail for and wait 2-3 months to hear back?

Old 09-26-2017, 10:39 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
FYI, an AFS record request can only be done by mail as far as I know, and can take several months to get. I'd recommend an alternative means of gathering your purchase dates - probably over the phone as you suggested, if they are willing to give it to you (which I guess they won't if you have "too many" purchases, whatever that means)

When you talk to the AFS department, could you please ask them if you can request an expedited record, or if we HAVE to send in the snail mail for and wait 2-3 months to hear back?
Usually takes 60 days but with all the confusion I'd expect closer to 90 days. Mail only as your request needs to be notarized.

Last edited by Blade Gunner; 09-26-2017 at 10:44 AM..
Old 09-26-2017, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Usually takes 60 days but with all the confusion I'd expect closer to 90 days. Mail only as your request needs to be notarized.
Ha, I wish. The nice lady at the AFS mentioned there is only one poor soul working on the requests and he is currently working on the requests submitted in MAY! So that's a 4-5 months lag!!!

On the positive note, the AFS record WILL show the acquired date in DOT (date of transfer) for all firearms post 2014. And again suggests to use "estimated" dates for firearms prior to 2014.

I mentioned the need to meet the registration deadline. So she suggested to put a note on the submitted form to indicate the urgent need, and to call them back a couple months later to inquire as a reminder.

The wait will just get longer as folks start to register and realized they may need an AFS request. Eventually this may become the critical path to prevent someone from registering even if he/she start it in 2017. Hopefully, this will be brought up in the updated Rupp lawsuit.

Here is the link to the BOF053 form "AFSPrivateCitizen.pdf".

Last edited by walmart_ar15; 09-26-2017 at 11:25 AM..
Old 09-26-2017, 11:24 AM
Veteran Member

Default AW Registration Incomplete Registration Issues

Quote:
Ha, I wish. The nice lady at the AFS mentioned there is only one poor soul working on the requests and he is currently working on the requests submitted in MAY! So that's a 4-5 months lag!!!

On the positive note, the AFS record WILL show the acquired date in DOT (date of transfer) for all firearms post 2014. And again suggests to use "estimated" dates for firearms prior to 2014.

I mentioned the need to meet the registration deadline. So she suggested to put a note on the submitted form to indicate the urgent need, and to call them back a couple months later to inquire as a reminder.

The wait will just get longer as folks start to register and realized they may need an AFS request. Eventually this may become the critical path to prevent someone from registering even if he/she start it in 2017. Hopefully, this will be brought up in the updated Rupp lawsuit.

You actually got to talk to a human being. That's better than DMV

Old 09-26-2017, 11:32 AM

Quote:
You actually got to talk to a human being. That's better than DMV

Talking to them is like talking to any other office admins/workers. They are all very pleasant and nice. Just there to do a job that is assigned to them, and try to help solve problems but without complete knowledge how the entire organization works and guess at it just like we do. A big bureaucratic machine.

But suspect this will change, once the phone calls piles in with frustrated, confused, angry citizens trying to follow the law
Old 09-26-2017, 3:50 PM

this stuff can drive a guy nuts

Last edited by inyocountymark; 09-26-2017 at 4:58 PM..
Old 09-26-2017, 6:29 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by inyocountymark View Post
this stuff can drive a guy nuts

That's part of the grand plan.

Old 09-26-2017, 9:02 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCubeiro View Post
Don't worry, we are paying attention.
Thank you sir!

Old 09-27-2017, 6:22 AM

FYI I got an AFS report at the beginning of this year, it took them something like 4-5 months to get it back to me, so if you're trying to get that for registration purposes I'd get on it "today."
Old 09-27-2017, 7:30 AM
I'm with stupid ☝️

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorium View Post
FYI I got an AFS report at the beginning of this year, it took them something like 4-5 months to get it back to me, so if you're trying to get that for registration purposes I'd get on it "today."
Firearms eligibility check has been taking several months as well, so if there's any doubt at all that someone might pass the background check during AW registration, you should start the eligibility check now as well.

If your BGC fails during AW registration, you WILL get a knock on your front door, so I can't stress enough that if there is any doubt, run an eligibility check on yourself before registering