Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 06-24-2018, 7:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftHand-Fu View Post
Looks like Saratoga's willing to fight any preemption challenge. There is already a state law requiring firearms to be stored locked if children are around, and another requiring stolen firearms reported within what, five days? This could get interesting.
More liberal elitists living in cushy neighborhoods who have never been attacked, trust police response to be rapid, and have never read the Constitution, posturing to impress each other with their virgue signals.

I get irritated every time I go by where Kerley’s used to be and see that a bike shop for such people is planned in that location.
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." (Thomas Jefferson)
Old 06-24-2018, 3:26 PM
Low-Functioning Genius
CGN Contributor

Hate to be the selfish SF guy that butts in to ask questions about how it effects me:

Does this effect the Sunnyvale or Los Altos ranges? Anything about transit restrictions that could make it harder to get there?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMACA_MFG View Post
Not checkers, not chess, its Jenga.
"The California matrix of gun control laws is among the harshest in the nation and are filled with criminal law traps for people of common intelligence who desire to obey the law." - U.S. District Judge Roger T. Benitez

Old 06-24-2018, 3:59 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Really sad to hear that most of the public comments were in favor.

At the Cupertino meetings it's been the exact opposite: almost entirely against.

Quote:
Originally Posted by liber View Post
This area just can't get enough in the way of immigrants,

These helicopter immigrant parents vote for gun control at any opportunity.
@liber, it was the enormous turnout by the local Chinese rifle association that made an impression on key Cupertino commissioners. Just us few old white folks weren't going to carry the same weight (expanding waistlines notwithstanding). The preemption issue has dissuaded the rest of the commissioners and key City Council members thus far, but you need to know you have strong allies among recent immigrants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discogodfather View Post
Hate to be the selfish SF guy that butts in to ask questions about how it effects me:

Does this effect the Sunnyvale or Los Altos ranges? Anything about transit restrictions that could make it harder to get there?
@Discogodfather I don't see anything they've put in there that would affect nearby ranges, or transit. But if they could they would.

Lefty videos
Revolver reloading: de BethencourtAyoob (lefty at 4:30)
Semi-auto handling: SIG SAUER AcademyGunsite Academy
Old 06-24-2018, 5:23 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:

You want to live in Cupertino School District, get your pocket book out, you're gonna pay $2.5M for a 1500 sq.ft. POS home from the 50s that is not even remodeled...doesn't matter if it's 1500 sq.ft. or 2000 sq.ft., they all seem to sell for $2.5M. Obviously the immigrants are getting paid well...
interesting, I grew up on the west end of San Jose (near San Tomas and Moorpark) and graduated from Cupertino High School in 78. I was there when the first Vietnamese and Korean students arrived. Prior to that it was all white with a few latinos and my one chinese and one japanese friends. The homes were average except for the ghetto just on the other side of San Tomas at Bollinger where the homes were probably 30 years old already (40 years ago). I bet that has been redeveloped. Can't hardly believe anything east of the high school is worth anything near 2.5M.
Old 06-24-2018, 5:24 PM

Need a permit to shoot a gun, what the hell?! I really hope that doesn't go through.
Old 06-24-2018, 7:36 PM

Quote:
Was driving by Kerley's the other day and it doesn't look like anything is happening at the building yet.

I'm pretty sure they need more apartments, just like down at the corner of Blaney
and Stevens Creek. This area just can't get enough in the way of immigrants, so there needs to be more housing so they can bring their Chain Immigration parents with them, and spend time making anchor babies...oh wait, we're not supposed to talk about that.

OTOH, maybe another Indian restaurant could be good? Everything else seems to go out of business...

Isn't this so typical? The city most likely wanted Kerley's out of there.

As to the area and Apple...well, isn't Apple one of the biggest employer of H1-B visas in the Valley? Go figure...

You want to live in Cupertino School District, get your pocket book out, you're gonna pay $2.5M for a 1500 sq.ft. POS home from the 50s that is not even remodeled...doesn't matter if it's 1500 sq.ft. or 2000 sq.ft., they all seem to sell for $2.5M. Obviously the immigrants are getting paid well...

These helicopter immigrant parents vote for gun control at any opportunity. G-D forbid their precious rotor head children would need to live in the real world...no, they should be living in the bubble of Cupertino...
The old Kerley's location will be a bike shop. Should be opening soon. I think the name is Trailhead Bikes.

NRA Life Member: Benefactor
Calguns Supporter
CRPA Supporter
Second Amendment Foundation Life Member Defender Club
Old 06-24-2018, 7:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mshill View Post
interesting, I grew up on the west end of San Jose (near San Tomas and Moorpark) and graduated from Cupertino High School in 78. I was there when the first Vietnamese and Korean students arrived. Prior to that it was all white with a few latinos and my one chinese and one japanese friends. The homes were average except for the ghetto just on the other side of San Tomas at Bollinger where the homes were probably 30 years old already (40 years ago). I bet that has been redeveloped. Can't hardly believe anything east of the high school is worth anything near 2.5M.
The median price of a home in Cupertino is at least 1.3 million. The neighborhoods east of Miller Ave. are a hot bed for buying the old flattop Homes feom the 50's & 60's, tearing them down and building the biggest two story home allowed by code. These homes are then sold for $2 million plus. Now that the Apple Campus 2 is up and running the sky is the limit for homes in Cupertino, Sunnyvale and Santa Clara.

NRA Life Member: Benefactor
Calguns Supporter
CRPA Supporter
Second Amendment Foundation Life Member Defender Club
Old 06-24-2018, 8:06 PM
Low-Functioning Genius
CGN Contributor

Sold for 1.6 million in 2017. I thought SF real estate was insane.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMACA_MFG View Post
Not checkers, not chess, its Jenga.
"The California matrix of gun control laws is among the harshest in the nation and are filled with criminal law traps for people of common intelligence who desire to obey the law." - U.S. District Judge Roger T. Benitez

Old 06-24-2018, 10:16 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightForce View Post
Need a permit to shoot a gun, what the hell?! I really hope that doesn't go through.
Not sure what you were reading, but just to recap:

The last thing we talked about here was a proposed ordinance in Saratoga, and nothing of the sort is proposed in Saratoga.

Several pages back there was discussion of a confusing section in the existing Cupertino ordinance. Some people misread that as being newly proposed, but in fact it has been in the ordinance since 1962.

The city was founded in 1955, and as the area grew and got more crowded, the City Council decided it was a problem that folks still shot varmints and did target practice in their backyards and on open land.

The resulting "permits" ordinance of 1962 never had anything to do with limiting self-defense or preventing the existence of shooting ranges, and I'm told there was a shooting range at De Anza until the mid-Eighties.

Lefty videos
Revolver reloading: de BethencourtAyoob (lefty at 4:30)
Semi-auto handling: SIG SAUER AcademyGunsite Academy
Old 06-25-2018, 11:55 AM

Default City of Cupertino propose new gun control laws

Interesting about the video on the Saratoga police shooting the resident, is they do not tell you he was an 86-year-old. They create drama (about what was basically a police shooting accidental homicide, police there to “help” him but then land up killing him) being across the street from a SCHOOL, as if that was the key issue.

They seem to be implying that having a man who owned a gun live across the street from a school itself posed a danger to the kids.

Perhaps if the police had not busted into a likely demented old withdrawn vet guy’s castle, or backed off when they first saw the gun in the hands of the supersenior they were checking on, there would have been no incident at all. Was the old guy scheming to shoot up the school? I also wonder who called the welfare check, what the real story is.

But the media tone tells you what most of the local public wants to hear to reinforce their fears of guns.

You also better not be hard of hearing and take a long nap with a gun near you in your house in case there are intruders if you have busybody relatives who will send police to “help” you and demand you open the door.
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." (Thomas Jefferson)

Last edited by Plead the Second; 06-26-2018 at 5:12 AM..
Old 06-26-2018, 2:43 AM

I have lived in the east bay area ALL MY 27 YEARs. i think this is because so many freaking people are moving to our state from other countries and bringing their extreme anti-gun and anti-life values with them.
Old 06-26-2018, 11:39 AM

Default Saratoga: City Council approves gun safety ordinances

Saratoga should have been broken out into it's own thread but looks like it's all but a done deal.

Saratoga: City Council approves gun safety ordinances
https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/06/...guns-in-check/

Quote:
...Saratoga’s elected leaders intend to enact a couple of ordinances on Aug. 31 that should make it harder for guns to get into the wrong hands.
The council unanimously approved the ordinances following a public hearing and will consider adopting them at its Aug. 1 meeting.

One ordinance would require Saratoga gun owners to secure their weapons inside a locked container or disable them when not in their immediate control and possession. That means if a person keeps guns at home, they’d have to be locked up or disabled when the owner is away.

The other ordinance requires gun owners to report loss or theft of their weapons within 48 hours. The city says 17 firearms were reported stolen within its boundaries between 2014 and 2017.
At last week’s Saratoga council hearing, people spoke for and against the proposed ordinances.
Because adoption of the ordinances has been placed on the council’s Aug. 1 consent calendar, no more public discussion can take place unless at least two council members ask that they be reconsidered

Quote:
Originally Posted by auffie.hk View Post
The council has published the minutes and some comments from residents. Looks like there'll be a public hearing, and the ordinance will likely be passed -- most of the comments from residents are supportive of it.

My take: just another unenforceable ordinance, good for publicity when council members want to seek higher office.

http://www.saratoga.ca.us/AgendaCent.../_06202018-276

https://legistarweb-production.s3.am..._Ordinance.pdf

RECOMMENDED ACTION:
Conduct a public hearing concerning the attached ordinance that would establish regulations for
storage of firearms in Saratoga residences and requirements for reporting lost or stolen firearms in
the City of Saratoga; and, introduce and waive the first reading of the ordinance and direct staff to
place the ordinance on the consent calendar for adoption at the next regularly scheduled meeting
of the City Council.

Draft Ordinance:
https://legistarweb-production.s3.am...n_Firearms.pdf

Resident Comments; CRPA letter at the end:
https://legistarweb-production.s3.am...unications.pdf