Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Calguns LEOs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns LEOs LEOs; chat, kibitz and relax. Non-LEOs; have a questions for a cop? Ask it here, in a CIVIL manner.

Old 11-16-2017, 1:16 PM

My family and I have loved that Knott's recognize our 1st responders and veterans (for me free Vet , +1). My family and I have been going to Knott's every Thanksgiving, for the past 6 yrs. I remember when Police (my uncle is a Pomona PD and brother OCSD) fire dept., and military could go on the same days. GAWD it was packed...LOL!!

Now they changed date of entry for all and increased "addition discount tickets." Used to be $20, they have added additional security measures. We used to walk right in...

While I have my LTC, I will comply and leaved locked in the car. For me, it's now a family tradition and my kids 12, 9, 6, and 3 absolutely love going there for Thanksgiving. I do the same for Magic Mountain (season pass holder) and Disneyland (no longer a pass holder, too much $$$$$) But, I guess these places, along with having a family, is why I still live in CA (sigh)

I've done more "red team" exercises to know that if I really wanted to, I could get into these places armed--just like ls2monaro mentioned. It's all "feel good security measures" and these places are...I hate to use the term "vulnerable," but they are. Nothing is 100%

Side note. Has anyone went and seen the "Charlie Brown Christmas on Ice" This day and age, it should be BANNED and deemed offensive!
Quote:
Originally Posted by REDdawn6 View Post
The vagina is a self cleaning oven!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Lee View Post
The guy traded $13 million to have time with his son. Outstanding!

Last edited by DevilDawgJJ; 11-16-2017 at 1:20 PM.. Reason: Charlie Brown
Old 11-16-2017, 1:31 PM

They are putting themselves on the next "Boxed in Killing Zone" list.
Old 11-16-2017, 3:47 PM

Someone earlier posted about losing our CCW if we get caught carrying on property at Knotts berry farm or Disneyland,, however, I do recall the Corporal Deputy who did our CCW class at Clark Training Center told us if we were caught and left without incidence there would be no suspension as they're no guns policy is a private ordinance and not law. In fact he talked about the ability to carry at such places will let you know your a good at conceal carrying. In the eye of the law there's no difference in Knotts or disneys policy over Starbucks. They just take it a step further with metal detectors. Anyone who knows of a different penal code please chime in.

Last edited by Shoot'nPlumber; 11-16-2017 at 4:52 PM..
Old 11-16-2017, 4:01 PM
Mit Gott und Mauser
CGN Contributor

Location: The People's Glorious Republik of Southern Kalifornistan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoot'nPlumber View Post
Got into Knotts while carrying just fine last week. Kinda scary how easy it is though. Same thing at the Coliseum 2 weeks ago for a USC game. Someone earlier posted about losing our CCW if we get caught, however, I do recall the Corporal Deputy who did our CCW class at Clark Training Center told us if we were caught and left without incidence there would be no suspension as they're no guns policy is a private ordinance and not law. In fact he talked about the ability to carry at such places will let you know your a good at conceal carrying. In the eye of the law there's no difference in Knotts or disneys policy over Starbucks. They just take it a step further with metal detectors. Anyone who knows of a different penal code please chime in.
Sure, I will chime in. Anything the “Corporal Deputy” told you in your CCW class has no legal weight whatsoever. Secondly, your CCW should be revoked since you have no regard whatsoever for KBF’s policies on their own private property.
Old 11-16-2017, 4:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Ricigliano View Post
Sure, I will chime in. Anything the “Corporal Deputy” told you in your CCW class has no legal weight whatsoever. Secondly, your CCW should be revoked since you have no regard whatsoever for KBF’s policies on their own private property.
Well then there ya go, some open dialogue. I guess it's time to contact my issuing deputy and get this clarified. Just going off what I was told was the difference between State and Federal law vs a private ordinance by a vetted official within the department in charge of training us for our CCW license. Keep in mind this was not something said between he and I while shootin the breeze. This was an open statement to the 75 or so of us in the class. I guess if I need my license revoked then he does as well. And probably shouldnt be a deputy. And please do not take this post as me being snarky or sarcastic, I truly need to get this clarified.
Old 11-16-2017, 6:00 PM
Mit Gott und Mauser
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoot'nPlumber View Post
Well then there ya go, some open dialogue. I guess it's time to contact my issuing deputy and get this clarified. Just going off what I was told was the difference between State and Federal law vs a private ordinance by a vetted official within the department in charge of training us for our CCW license. Keep in mind this was not something said between he and I while shootin the breeze. This was an open statement to the 75 or so of us in the class. I guess if I need my license revoked then he does as well. And probably shouldnt be a deputy. And please do not take this post as me being snarky or sarcastic, I truly need to get this clarified.
All of that misses the point that it is irresponsible to sneak a firearm into an establishment that clearly does not permit them. The fact that you were able to bypass their security and flaunt their rules is not some sort of achievement. It is rather unbecoming actually, for civilians or cops. Respect their rules or take your entertainment dollars elsewhere.
Old 11-16-2017, 8:49 PM

Quote:
All of that misses the point that it is irresponsible to sneak a firearm into an establishment that clearly does not permit them. The fact that you were able to bypass their security and flaunt their rules is not some sort of achievement. It is rather unbecoming actually, for civilians or cops. Respect their rules or take your entertainment dollars elsewhere.
I agree.

I get the point of not spending your dollars where you’re essentially not “welcomed”, however, I enjoy having fun and having good outlets to decompress. My wife and I are big time Disney heads so I can sacrifice to be able to enjoy myself.

To put what Bobby is saying into, what I think is, simpler perspective, all the property owners have to say is you’re trespassing and that’s a wrap. It doesn’t matter if you’re a legal permit holder or anything. It’s their property, their rules, whether you’re a peace officer or not.
Old 11-16-2017, 11:18 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Yup, if you want people to respect your rights, you need to respect theirs (even if you don't agree with how they are exercising them).

Offering low cost private basic shooting and reloading classes for calgunners.

CCW SAFE MEMBERSHIPS HERE
Old 11-17-2017, 6:54 PM

Quote:
Most movie theater chains don't allow firearms inside. What are your thoughts on that?

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk
Old 11-17-2017, 8:50 PM

More important- Did you get the traditional fried chicken dinner??
Old 11-17-2017, 9:47 PM
Calguns Addict

The bbq in ghost town is better.

NRA Life Member
CRPA Life Member
NRA Certified Instructor
Old 11-18-2017, 2:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron-Solo View Post
The bbq in ghost town is better.
I like gettin down on those turkey legs
Old 11-18-2017, 3:37 PM
Mit Gott und Mauser
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viking 73 View Post
Most movie theater chains don't allow firearms inside. What are your thoughts on that?

Same.

OK, what about .............
Same.

How about ..............
Same.
Old 11-18-2017, 3:51 PM

Quote:
Same.

OK, what about .............
Same.

How about ..............
Same.
Nah, I was just wondering about your opinion on theaters being gun free. I can see an amusement park given the screening at the gate and limited access etc., But if u wanna go see a movie ya gotta leave the gun in your car, which is bad, gotta leave the gun at home, which does you no good and who should the theater be worried about ,,, law abiding citizens with guns or thugs with guns who aren't gonna care about the gun free zone.. Not asking if you would break the rules....

Old 11-19-2017, 12:30 AM
Mit Gott und Mauser
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viking 73 View Post
Nah, I was just wondering about your opinion on theaters being gun free.
The very concept of "gun free" is a failure to begin with since it requires voluntary participation. I am less comfortable at a movie theater gunless than at a theme park, since the theater has nothing more invasive than perhaps a sign or two.

I don't go to the theater much, but when I do it is during off peak hours and always on an aisle seat near an exit. IIRC correctly, the theaters I have been to most recently did not have anything posted at all about guns. In that case I would be 417 unless I hear otherwise. It was pretty well known for a long time that Edwards theaters gave free tix to cops and encouraged their presence. I would not be tacky and try to shill for a free ticket but I would certainly be quietly armed if that policy is still in effect.
Old 11-19-2017, 2:13 AM

I have yet to see a movie theater with metal detectors. The day I see a metal detector at a theater, is the the day I stop going to the movies.

On a side not, there hasn’t been anything worthwhile at the movies in over a year and a half. Hollywood sucks!

...and F@&$ yeah, im packing heat in a movie theater! I don’t care about “their rules” if they even exist. If I have to resort to my weapons within “their house,” that means that “their rules” obviously were ignored by the bad guy and ineffective! Heck I don’t take a $h!+ without having a “heater” close by. ...Remember what happened to John Travolta in Pulp Fiction?

A “gun free zone” just means that a suspect has a soft, target rich environment. ...that is unless I’m present.

My views:

-I hate being bipolar its awesome.

-Life member, NRA
-Hold my beer. Watch this.
-Trump.
-ΙΧΘΥΣ <><

-🏌️🏌️🏌️

Last edited by TrailerparkTrash; 11-19-2017 at 2:22 AM..
Old 11-19-2017, 10:21 AM

Quote:
The very concept of "gun free" is a failure to begin with since it requires voluntary participation. I am less comfortable at a movie theater gunless than at a theme park, since the theater has nothing more invasive than perhaps a sign or two.

I don't go to the theater much, but when I do it is during off peak hours and always on an aisle seat near an exit. IIRC correctly, the theaters I have been to most recently did not have anything posted at all about guns. In that case I would be 417 unless I hear otherwise. It was pretty well known for a long time that Edwards theaters gave free tix to cops and encouraged their presence. I would not be tacky and try to shill for a free ticket but I would certainly be quietly armed if that policy is still in effect.
AMC has a decal on the entrance doors. I have not been to the movies in a while cause movies stink these days. I went about 6 months ago and felt good to be armed. 25 minutes into the movie 2 middle eastern guys came in wearing jackets, sat down next to a lady wearing a head scarf next to the exit when there were far better seats available. They were NOT watching the movie. 10 minutes later, one gets up and leaves. He came back alone. Both started looking around the theater. Then they were joined by another guy. All this was drawing attention and you could hear someone say "what are they doing"... Then the girl got up and left, and left the guys behind.. That was enough for me. I got up to tell management and they all got up and left the theater out the back public exit... The question remains,,, what were they doing?